Start by marking “Straight to the Heart” as Want to Read:
Straight to the Heart

Straight to the Heart

What happens when the person you can’t get out of your head also happens to be the number one suspect in your murder investigation?

Derek Benson, CEO of Benson Industries, is found dead in his office at a time when everyone in the building, including him, should have been at an important meeting about the company’s future. Conveniently for the killer, the security footage f
Published February 23rd 2021 by Pride Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Straight to the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Straight to the Heart

Start your review of Straight to the Heart
Charlotte
This book begins with a murder and it moves quickly! FBI Agent James Solomon arrives to interview suspects at Benson industries. The CEO has been found dead by the janitor and there are a lot of staff to interview.

One staff person, in particular, stands out to James for potentially the wrong reasons. While out on a fresh air break, he meets Leo Hannah. Leo is chatty and a little peculiar, but James is drawn to him. Leo has a lot of gossip and theories about the murder but nothing that really hol
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Both men carry baggage into the relationship--Leo more so than James. But by the end of the story, you're rooting for them to be able to work things out, since they're so obviously good for each other.

Full Review - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Anne Harris
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Could FBI agent James Solomon trust his gut on this one?
There had been a murder, the CEO of Benson industries Derek Benson had been found dead in his office. There was so many people in the building at the time of the murder but funnily enough the security footage had vanished so it was up to the FBI to follow the clues to find out who the murderer was. As FBI agent James Solomon was taking a break outside, a gorgeous young man came out to have a cigarette break. James was instantly attracted to
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Any other time, FBI Agent James Solomon is all business. Until he meets a man he can’t get out of his head. He doesn’t have time for dalliances, he has a murder to investigate. But will he be able to keep Leo out of his head long enough to find the culprit?

James Solomon is good at his job and it appears that he even enjoys what he does. He’s precise and observant, picking up on things that others might miss. He’s also pretty fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the early interactions between him and his pa
Marion
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author that I have read. I always enjoy a murder mystery. This is the story of James Solomon and Leo Hannah. James is a seasoned FBI Agent who is trying to bounce back from some unsettling surprises in his personal life. It causes him to not trust his "gut instinct" like he used to. Leo is a lab technician at the company where Derek the CEO was murdered. This is a well written and fast paced story. Thought not long in length, it is long in adventure. Leo goes from ...more
Juniper Greer-Ashe
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
James is an FBI agent. Leo is a witness, later person of interest, on his latest case. Anything between them has "bad idea" written all over it, but James can't resist. This author has a flair for noir, and you definitely get the right mix of world-weary, jaded cynicism mixed with almost fatalistically strong attraction in the connection between James and Leo. James makes a series of bad decisions-- but maybe not for the reasons he thinks. I liked him as a protagonist, and I really liked Leo: fo ...more
LateciaJ
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
**First Time Reader** I really enjoyed this story. This was a little out of the norm from other MM romance books I've read. A whodunnit, suspenseful detective type story with a nice amount of romance( a little steam and a little angst) to keep it very entertaining. Not really predictable but a page turner you can't put down. The two MCs were opposites but their attraction was strong. Since this didn't have an epilogue I will say the ending had a satisfying HFN.

I received a free copy of this book
Mrs.V
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I liked this book a lot, I am partial to romantic suspense, and with the book starting with a murder it was right up my alley!
James is the FBI agent assigned to the murder case. Leo is one of the people questioned, and then one of the main suspects, but after he actually spent an incredible night with James…
In a whirlwind of gossip, half sentences, false accuses, twists and turns, I found myself always second guessing the culprit, and Leo’s role in the intricate web of lies.
A fast-paced, well-w
Elaine Gray
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
James Solomon is an FBI agent and is tasked to solve a murder quickly, Leo Hannah works in the lab for the company that the person is murdered. The two are attracted to each other, but James knows he can't get involved with a witness or potential suspect. The book is romantic, some angst, some intense moments and will have your attention from start to finish.
Jocelyn Whaley
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
I’m not one for crime dramas or murder mysteries but this one worked for me. S. J. Coles did a great job pulling the story together in such a short piece of work. I have to check out some more of their books.
Fiona McGier
James Solomon is an FBI agent who works on intuition...Leo Hannah is a young lab-rat who works in technology for the company.(the head of the pharmaceuticals company has just been killed.)

Read my whole review at:
Aleks
Yulia
Jan 25, 2021
Dolors
Jan 25, 2021

• The Omega's Temptation (Utopia 3)
  • Midnight Heist (Outlaws, #1)
  • Perfect Duet
  • Love's Curse
  • Half a Cowboy
  • The Scent of Memory
  • A Rose in Time
  • Nyctophilia (Darkling, #1)
  • A Very Vengeful Christmas (Elizabeth Hunter-Payne Steampunk Adventures 5
  • The Holiday Grouch
  • Oathsworn
  • Adore (Remington Place #1)
  • A Firm Hand (SEAL Daddy #2)
  • Roped Tight
  • Sawyer (The Gates #7)
  • Learned Reactions (Higher Education, #2)
  • Mind Scrambler
  • Matched To His Dragon (The Dates of Our Lives, #4)