Start by marking “The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)

The Knockout Rule

(Showmen #4)

Siskind’s latest slow-burn romance is stay-up-all-night addictive and proves love hits when you least expect it…

Growing up with an adoring father for a boxing legend isn’t all sunshine and rainbows. It looks more like hospital visits, bloody noses, and cracked ribs.

Isla Slade now works as a physiotherapist, helping athletes heal their bodies. Except for boxers. She has no
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 340 pages
Published February 24th 2021 by CD Books

To ask other readers questions about The Knockout Rule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knockout Rule

Start your review of The Knockout Rule (Showmen, #4)
Red Reader
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's only one way to review this...by yelling it from the rooftops about how awesome it is! Aaaaand, letting you read everything I felt during my read in a one-sided conversation.

**Just got to chapter 5 and I have to tell you, I LOVE THIS!!!! Love love love!
**Umm, hello. I need an Eric hug. Stat. I love this part so much! Isla sobs and he just keeps hugging her and kisses her head. I fell in love with him right there! Boom. Dead in love.
**Also, my heart hurts. I hate that they have feelings
Micheline Ryckman
For me, this book was different from the first three books in this showmen series, but that wasn’t a bad thing at all. This story explored so many themes and topics I hold dear and I love the way Kelly handled them all so beautifully and respectfully, it was heartfelt and downright moving.
Sentranced Jem
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2021, 4-5-stars

“Turn the last page. Keep reading. Keep turning. It never ended.”

This is my first book my Kelly Siskind…Considering her book New Orleans Rush is so popular…Shocking, right?

I love a good sports romance and I have a weakness for boxers or MMA fighter romances *swoon*.
I felt like a Meerkat when I found out that this was a sports romance hahaha and after I read the synopsis, I was excited to get my hands on The Knockout Rule.

This slow-burn contemporary romance is heavenly.
Eric and Isla have
Olívia
I voluntarily read and reviewed and advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thank you so much to Xpresso Book Tours for providing me an arc of this book via Netgalley!
I was so excited when I found out my request for this book was approved, mainly because of the cover and, of course, the description. I expected to like it, but I definitely didn´t expect to love it as much as I did! We're still in January and I'm already sure this is one of my favorite books of 2021.
That
Olívia
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
That
Tracey
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Siskind is such a unique and special author that if you haven't read her books, you're missing out on some spectacular reading! I have read every book written by this author and I've thoroughly enjoyed each and every book, but there's just something about the characters in the Showmen series that touch my heart. Having said that, I think Isla and Eric are my favorite couple by far. If Eric doesn't make you swoon, you can't be swooned because he is such a kind, sweet and compassionate soul. ...more
Asteroula
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
Kelly Siskind is my favorite and I cannot lie! The 4th installment in the showmen series was phenomenal. I loved the characters, all of them. The guys were amazing, smart and funny. The girls were amazing, smart and funny and I'm in love! I'm in love with both Isla and Eric. They are so good together that make you swoon from the first till the last page.
All the side characters are also lovable that I kept thinking, can we maybe have their stories pretty please!!! :)
I have to admit, I've read the
Nena
Sep 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very excited to receive an ARC of The Knockout Rule. I love characters this author creates. They are unusual, original and quirky. Eric is everything that Isla needs and everything that terrifies her. He can’t afford distractions because this one match can make a huge difference for his family. It’s a beautiful slow burn story that warmed my heart. Also Heather needs her own book. She is hilarious.
Em
I've waffled over the rating for this one and landed on 2.5 stars because the story premise is good. Unfortunately, underdeveloped characters and a goes-nowhere plot sabotage the best bits, and drop the grade down into C-/D+ territory.

The Knockout Rule is told from the dual PoVs of Isla Slade, a physiotherapist raised primarily by her father - a former boxer, and Eric Kramarov (aka "Brick Kramarov"), a a quiet Jewish boy who loves to read and study, but better known by boxing fans as Brick Krama
Rosanna Leo
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kelly Siskind's The Knockout Rule blew me away. This romance ticked all my boxes. It has heat, an intriguing conflict and a memorable love story. Isla and Eric make wonderful main characters. At the start of the book, they believe they are perfectly wrong for each other, but as in any good romance, it becomes clear very soon that they are actually perfect for one another. However, the author has built up such great tension and believable reasons for keeping them apart, and we just fall in love a ...more
Brenda Brown
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five all-the-feels stars!!
I loved Isla and Eric - both of these characters are so full of passion and heart - and their romance is what happily-ever-afters are made of. The characters are all so well-developed - even Whit, the dog. (I also had to Google whether Ramona Estle was real because her poetry is so poignant and perfect for this story!) Highly highly recommend!
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: January 26th 2021

"Sometimes control is a hindrance. Chasing it keeps you from experiencing life fully."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and CD Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Marie
Kelly Siskind’s Showmen books have quickly become favourites of mine. They feature unique characters, lots of heart and humour, and swoony romances. The Knockout Rule was quite different from the other three books - it was slower paced, more intense, and didn’t feature the quirkiness I’ve come to expect from Kelly’s characters - but it was a beautiful story about life, family, and love, and I know Isla and Eric will stick with me right along with all the other characters from this series.

Isla a
Jessi
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite in the series so far! I loved the forced proximity trope, the clear timeline, and this version of an athlete romance where the athlete isn't already a superstar and millionaire. It made me appreciate the hard work Eric put into his training and helped me understand his goal to win to be able to support his family and not worry about money anymore.
Isla is witty, focused on taking her career to the next level,and fantastically self-assured. I loved her, and Eric, the se
J.
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Knockout Rule by Kelly Siskind tells the story of Isla Slade, a physiotherapist who hates boxing due to the stress of growing up with a boxing legend for a father, and Brick Kramarov, a heavyweight boxer with so much hidden under the surface. I absolutely loved this book. I fell in love with the characters. Their backgrounds were so complex and well developed, and I loved the emphasis on loyalty to family. The relationship in this story was one of my favorites as it was both passionate, hear ...more
Caryn - iam.caryn
I’ve read a lot of romance novels in my time. It takes genuine talent to make a hug the most intimate and romantic scene I’ve read in a long while, and Siskind pulled that off and then some.

The Knockout Rule felt a smidge different that the other books in this series, but not in any bad way at all. It felt the most REAL, if that makes sense. If anything I felt this story the most deeply. It was amazing.

This series is a favourite of mine and I still can’t pick a favourite out of the four of them
Patricia Wonderland
The Knockout Rule is book 4 in the Showmen series. It's a bit different, i don't know how to explain it but be reassured this novel is as good as the others and Kelly Siskind explores and magnifies another Art.
Poetry, writing, the art of the WORDS, their meanings, their power, their goals...
_"I love how words can build worlds and mean different things to different people."
_"Readers have so much power, as Eric had said. The choice to redefine a passage, depending on the day or mood or person rea
Kristi Davidson
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book! I didn’t want it to end! Made me laugh, cry and get mad at some of the characters! She pulls you into her worlds!
Andree V.M.
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received this ARC from the author vía NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I need to start saying that I've read every Kelly Siskind book there is, so reading this awesome book before the release is an incredible honor and I am eternally grateful! She never disappoints me and always gives me all the emotions I could possibly feel in each page. She always manages to write a deliciously painful, yet so satisfying slow burn and The Knockout Rule is probably the best example of this!

As alway
Jeeves Reads Romance
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-arcs
My thoughts about this are all over the place, honestly. There’s a lot that I really loved about it, especially the ADORABLE hero and the depth of the story. This touches on some difficult subjects, and has a very unique feel. However, it also dragged a LOT in the middle, and the writing style just didn’t work for me at times. I found myself rereading paragraphs and taking breaks from the book, which is not ideal. Storyline-wise, this is a 5-star read for me overall. In terms of enjoyment though ...more
Shannon
New Orleans Rush was my favorite of the Showmen series until The Knockout Rule knocked me off my feet! Oh how I loved this story! There isn't a single thing I'd change about Isla and Eric's book, it was sweet and swoony and heartfelt from start to finish.
I'm not sure how Ms. Siskind was able to make a 6'6" 249lb hunk of man a cinnamon roll, but she sure enough did. I adored Eric, so freaking much. He is everything you could ever want in a man and I'm so sad he's just a fictional character. His
Reads & Reviews
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars.

A few years ago, when I still did the Twitter thing, I “met” an author through another friend. I managed to get an ARC of her newest book, MY PERFECT MISTAKE, and I was hooked. Since then, I’ve read everything that Kelly Siskind writes and it’s the happiest of days when one of her books hits my Kindle.

THE KNOCKOUT RULE is Siskind’s newest book and 4th in her Showmen series. Like all the others in the series, this one is a standalone and, more so, a great addition overall to the wonder
Sindu | Echoes Out Loud
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary, romance, slow burn, sports romance
The Knockout Rule By Kelly Siskind was a really great book! It follows Isla Sade, the daughter of heavyweight champ, Swinging Graham Slade. Growing up as a boxer's kid scarred Isla, mentally and emotionally. As an adult she avoids boxers like the plague. She decides to become a physiotherapist after growing up as a witness to the toll sports can take on an athlete's body. But, even there she refuses to work with boxers. Until her father begs her to work with his trainee, Brick Kramarov, in the l ...more
Marivi Sanz
I love Kelly Siskind's voice in this series. It's not usual that I love every book in a series, but these characters have something unique that makes them different.
In this book we meet Isla, a physiotherapist specialised in helping athletes and daughter of one of the most successful boxers of the last years, which makes her abhor the idea of working with boxers.
But then her father asks her to help him prepare his pupil for his first big fight, and she can't say no to her father.
Add in Eric, a s
Sara
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing amazing amazing book!

Did I mention it was amazing? I can't stress how much I love this book, how much I wanted to shed myself of everything else in life and just keep reading. The characters were the best, the story was fantastic, the chemistry was off the charts. Everything about this book is a winner.

This is part of a series and I went into this not reading the rest of the series but it was great as a stand alone as well. I'll definitely have to check out the rest of the books though!
Beth
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I've been a huge fan of Kelly Siskind's books for a long time. She has a wonderful ability to create characters who are complex and yet so relatable, often putting them in unique situations. In The Knockout Rule, Kelly gives us two of her most compelling characters so far: Isla, a physiotherapist who hates boxing, and Eric, a boxer who is so much more than he seems. I loved watching their romance unfold through Kelly's beautiful writing, and I eagerly await her next book! ...more
Kiret
A huge thank you to Net Galley and the publisher for providing me a copy of the ebook in exchange for an honest review.

The Knockout Rule is my first every Kelly Siskind book. I noticed New Orleans Rush and added it to my tbr but didn’t get a chance to read it before my request for The Knockout Rule got approved. I really did fall in love with this story and the characters and now I can’t wait to read the other Showmen books. Isla and Eric have such a special place in my heart.

The novel revolve
Sharon Collins
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
To use a pun – Kelly delivered a walloping punch and a total knockout with this book. You don’t see it coming and you’re not even upset that she got you. She creates strong independent characters but they have that one hidden vulnerability that touches a chord. I feel a personal investment in her stories. I’ve always been a cheerleader for the intelligent athlete that nobody has expectations beyond some gaming statistic. The lesson that everyone needs the freedom to make and embrace the decision ...more
Nicki Iturreria
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!
Nicole Pinto
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book so much. I have read all of the author’s previous books, and readily admit that I wasn’t in love with the past two. This one more than made up for it. Eric was... sigh. The perfect hero?? Seriously- I LOVED him. Everything about him worked for me. Isla was a strong heroine. I really liked the boxing aspect as well. Kelly hits it out of the park with this one( no pun intended ). 5 stars. Thank you to netgalley for the ARC.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• You Know it's Love
  • Accidentally Engaged
  • The Soulmate Equation
  • The Best Man
  • To Love and to Loathe (The Regency Vows, #2)
  • The Lucky Escape
  • People We Meet on Vacation
  • Ever After Always (Bergman Brothers, #3)
  • Her Turn
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Irresistible (Cloverleigh Farms, #1)
  • Anchored Hearts
  • Hopeless Romantic (When in Rome #2)
  • The Friend Zone (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • To Sir, with Love
A small-town girl at heart, Kelly moved from the city to enjoy the charm of northern Ontario. When she’s not out hiking with her husband or home devouring books, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. Her novels have been published internationally.

2015 Golden Heart® Finalist

Where to find me:

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-S

Showmen (4 books)
  • New Orleans Rush (Showmen, #1)
  • Don't Go Stealing My Heart (Showmen, #2)
  • The Beat Match (Showmen, #3)