Start by marking “New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow” as Want to Read:
New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow

New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow

ebook
Published January 7th 2021 by Boldwood Books

To ask other readers questions about New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow

Start your review of New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow
Toni
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
New arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow is the sequel to Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow. It is better read the books in order, but if you haven't read the first one, don't worry: Jessica provided a very helpful summary and list of recurring characters at the beginning of the book and made me feel at home straightaway.

Samantha/ Sammie finaly opens The Hedhog Hollow Rescue Center, and immediately has her work cut out for her with new patients brought in or left out on her doorstep. She is still recoveri
Alayne Emmett
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely follow on book to read. It picked up where the last one finished which was great and it looks like there will be another one after this, can’t wait!!!! I really enjoyed this “feels good” book, it had its ups and downs as with life in general and at times I felt the main character Sam had so much going wrong for her if made me sad. But, whether it turns out alright for her we will have to wait for book three. My thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for giving me the opportunit ...more
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book of this series and Redland continues with another corker of a read. Although I only recently read the other novel, I did appreciate the character list and a brief summary of what happened previously – a thoughtful touch and helpful if you haven’t had the chance to encounter the first story.

This book carries on just a few weeks on from where the last story concluded. Differently, the narrative switches between Samantha and Josh’s perspective, reflecting how important he is
Clare Moore
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to netgalley for the chance to read this book.

This is the second book in the series and is a brilliant follow on to Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow.

Samantha is the owner of Hedgehog Hollow a rescue centre for hedgehogs. She thinks she can manage both the rescue centre and working full time at the local university until the amount of hoglet’s increases and she finds it difficult to manage both. She doesn’t want to let anyone down but with support from her boyfriend Josh and both their fami
Lis Carey
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
In the previous book, Samantha inherited the farm at Hedgehog Hollow, along with funds to establish it as a hedgehog rescue center. Her veterinarian boyfriend, Josh, is a major support, and although not officially moved in yet, is in fact spending most nights at Hedgehog Hollow. Samantha is enjoying her new work, and in many ways, things are going very well.

Unfortunately, the rescue center also has enemies, and Samantha is, at the start of this book, just recovered from serious injuries received
Kim
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2020
I am so delighted to have found a new favourite series.
Samantha was left the hedgehog sanctuary to set up in memory of her new found friend Thomas and his late wife. She's worked so hard and met some little characters. Her romance with Josh, after an initial frosty start is flourishing but there are some disturbing events at the rescue centre.
The difficult relationships between various characters is explored more with surprising developments. I love Sam's dad- he's such a loving dependable man,
Carol (Reading Ladies)
Thank you #NetGalley #BoldWoodBooks @BoldWoodBooks for my complimentary copy of #NewArrivalsAtHedgehogHollow by Jessica Redland at my request. All opinions are my own.

New Arrivals at Hedgehog Hollow is book #2 in the Hedgehog Hollow series. It can be read as a stand-alone but will be a richer reading experience if you’ve read Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow first.

Samantha is the founder and owner of the Hedgehog Hollow Rescue Center. Although she has the support of her boyfriend, Josh, and her f
Rachel Gilbey
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hedgehog Hollow is up and running and wow there are hedgehogs,. If I thought there were hedgehogs in the previous book, then that is nothing compared with this one. They all sounded so cute, and I loved seeing Sammie and Josh taking care of them all, and I think I have learnt a lot about them too.

Hoglets are a lot of work, more so than human babies, but without a rescue, if their mum isn't about then they stand no chance at all, and even if you do try to rescue them the survival rate still isn'
Lucy C
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous cover for a fabulous read!

I totally adore this series, they just get better.

Samantha now has the Hedgehog rescue centre up and running whilst still juggling a full time job and someone is still set out to destroy Hedgehog Hollow.

Herself and Josh are now in love and we find out more about Josh's family and the estranged relationship with his father Paul.

I love the way the chapters flowed between the POV from Samantha and Josh and with the cute Hedgehogs.

Jessica wrote in her acknowled
Anne
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Do try and read the first book, Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow, before you try this one – although I think it would probably work just fine as a standalone (although, with a bit of a cliffhanger, you’ll definitely want to read the next one as much as I do!), but I do think you’d love it even more if you knew the background to the setting up of Hedgehog Hollow, had met the wonderful Thomas, seen how Samantha and Josh’s lovely romance began, and understood a little more about their relationships ...more
Pam Robertson
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story picks up where Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow ended and you get to see what happens next in Sam's life. At the outset, she seems to have everything she wants and needs but she soon comes to realise just how big a task she has taken on with the rescue shelter. However, she is determined to find a way through. All the ingredients of its predecessor are there, including the troubled family relationships and complicated family lives. There are some surprising developments in those and yo ...more
Samantha Tonge
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Samantha's hedgehog rescue centre is going from strength to strength - it's demanding, emotional work and she has help from partner Josh, and her dad. Life in blissful Hedgehog Hollow makes her happier than she could have ever dreamed... until a frightening campaign is led against it. And then there's the ongoing tensions between her and cousin Chloe... and will Josh finally reconcile with the father who betrayed him?

Oh, how I loved this second book in the Hedgehog Hollow series. Redland writes
Linda
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a hedgehog?!🌄

4.5🌟 stars
This is a sweet though heavy emotionally second story in the Hedgehog Hollow series. There's lots of positive energy in this book but both of the main characters, Samantha and Josh, have family issues to deal with as they establish themselves on the farm at Hedgehog Hollow. I would definitely classify this as women's fiction rather than a romance because this couple's strong, loving link permeates the story but is more a constant while they deal with other
Barbara Wilkie
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my first trip to Hedgehog Hollow but not my first Jessica Redland read. I enjoy her writing style and the way she packs so much into her stories. This was no exception.
The main focus is, of course, on Samantha and Josh. They have both been scarred by previous relationships, both familial as well as romantic.
The Hedgehog rescue supplies a whole host of supporting characters as new patients are brought for care and treatment. It was difficult to read the parts where not all rescued Hedgeh
Roberta
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow, so I was thrilled to receive a review copy of this book.

It was a joy to return to the lovely characters and setting that I so enjoyed before. Samantha and Josh have such a lot thrown at them in this book, and there are so many emotional moments, but somehow it is written in a way that I can cope with (I normally avoid anything remotely emotional). I think it’s the fact that their love for each other remains steady, and they always support one ano
Yvonne
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you have already read the first book in this series, then you know that Samantha is going to run a Hedgehog Sanctuary, and continue the dream of Gwendolen and Thomas. This second book begins on the official opening day of the sanctuary, although there are already a few prickly residents being looked after.

Samantha is not alone in this venture, she has the lovely Josh by her side. These two work well together and while this book sees them taking a step forward together in their relationship. B
Hannah Coe
Jan 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-kindle-read
Jessica Redland is fast becoming a top author for me and an automatic buy when I see a new book by her! Already looking forward to the next book at Hedgehog Hollow - I mean that cliff hanger?! 😱 I need to know more!

This book is the second in the Hedgehog Hollow series (with a third on the way 🤞🏻) and even though I hadn’t actually read the first one - Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow, I was hooked.

It follows Sam and her hedgehog rescue centre, which she has now officially opened, and is running wi
Misfits farm
Nov 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Samantha has just opened a hedgehog rescue with the support and aid of her vet boyfriend Josh. Not long again Sam was badly injured in an arson attack on the farm whilst she was trying to save some of the prickly patients and it appears the perpetrators may be having a few last goes before they are sentenced. Josh has his own issues- his ex- girlfriend Beth is now pregnant for the second time- the father being his own father who was seeing her behind Josh’s back several years ago and then left h
Susanne Scott
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Amazing. I felt as if I was right there sitting on the bench gazing over the meadows and watching that magical hedgehog family.

I hadn’t read the previous book in this series but it really didn’t hamper my enjoyment of this book at all. The catch up at the beginning was so so so helpful, and I read it with my jaw getting slacker and slacker at all the twists and turns and I just knew I was about to step into an epic book.

With so many plot twists and interlocking /overlapping characters you could
Hannah Symonds
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After reading and loving Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow, I couldn't wait to revisit. Samantha is the owner of Hedgehog Hollow where she rescues hedgehogs, I never knew until reading these books how much work goes into owning a rescue centre and keeping on top of everything, I really admire Samantha and all that she does for the hedgehogs. Samantha has alot going on not only running the place but also she has a full time job, a boyfriend and somebody seems out to make her life a misery. Can she ...more
Claire Scott
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING, I wasn’t sure if reading about a deadly virus at a time like this would be as enjoyable as it would have been pre-Covid, but boy was I wrong. Isa and Roman where amazing characters, the chemistry between them was of the charts and the banter between them, at times had me in stitches. I also loved the conversations between the brothers and team members. The comradery was brilliantly expressed.

The actual story was tense, nerve wracking and emotional, and when you let your gu
Kel
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading a book by Jessica Redland for a blog tour last year, I jump at the chance to read one of her books and this one is a series that I adore.

Growing up we always had hedgehogs in the garden and even where we are now I see them wandering around at dusk. This series is a true masterpiece it is full of love and forgiveness as well as being a hive of information about hedgehogs.

I picked up this book a couple of days ago and have flown through it as Sammie & Josh are such great characters i
Kim
Really enjoyed this installment. The setting is lovely and the author didn’t focus so much on the nasty Chloe. Though the ending here isn’t boding well for me to read the next book as Chloe annoys me too much. It’s nice to have some sort of explanation as to why Sams mother is so nasty but I’m not sure as a whole that it’s forgivable.

Connie is a better woman than me. I am now striving to be more like Connie and Fizz in my daily life. Where I live there aren’t really hedgehogs, and now I wish th
Wendy Robey
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The second instalment in the Hedgehog Hollow series and it was wonderful being back on the farm with Samantha and Josh and the hedgehogs. The storyline flows effortlessly between the two POVs of Samantha and Josh as we learn more about the two of them and their families. Drama, family relationships and love are intertwined with the hedgehog rescue in this brilliant, charming story. I can’t wait to read the next instalment to find out what happens next.
Wendy Robey
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second instalment in the Hedgehog Hollow series and it was wonderful being back on the farm with Samantha, Josh and the hedgehogs. The storyline flows effortlessly between the two POVs of Samantha and Josh as we learn more about the two of them and their families. Drama, family relationships and love are intertwined with the hedgehog rescue in this brilliant, charming read. I can’t wait for the next instalment to find out what happens next.
Jennyh
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Although this is a sequel, a synopsis of the story so far and a list of characters and their relationships are given at the beginning of the book. This is a very easy story to fall into and follow. The characters are well presented with faults, determination and love in equal measures.
it was very interesting to learn more about hedgehogs as we are frequently visited by them and they are very inquisitive, sometimes getting into sticky situations.
A lovely read.
Ana Ramirez
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you Boldwood Books through NetGalley for an ARC for an honest review.

I LOVED IT! It was super cute and awesome! It's so heart-warming and an easy ready. This book made me so happy.
I hate when miscommunication is the main problem of everything that happens, here it's all about communicating with your significant other, family, friends, etc.
It also talks about PTSD and mental health, trigger warning for sexual abuse. I can't wait for the next instalment!
Julie Rhinehart
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Second book in the series and I can’t wait for more!! We get to know Sam and Josh more as they open Hedgehog Hollow and follow the adventure of a lifetime with the hedgehog rescue. Delightful characters and so much laughter and love, with a splash of drama. Can’t wait to see what this delightful series has in store for us next!!

Thank you NetGalley, Jessica Redland and Boldwood Publishingfor this edition and hearing my honest review. Looking forward to reading more with you
#partner
Gea
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-com
I'm glad that I picked up the first book in this series, because it forms an important background for this book. This is definitely not your typical romance as one of the major story lines deals with parental estrangement for both Samantha and Josh. There is lots of information about hedgehogs and running an animal rescue charity. Interesting and engaging characters; a very enjoyable read. ...more
Christine Galletly
My review will be live on donnasbookblog on 17th January 2021 as part of the blog tour!

It was a cute story that had lots of feelings and truths in it and some really well developed, and likeable characters. Their mission was commendable and I loved following them.

The plot was a little slow in places but it was still a really enjoyable, and heartwarming story. I loved the setting and that author really brought the book to life - she has a lovely natural writing style.

It is 4 stars from me for th

• The Lake House (Love Heart Lane Series, Book 5)
  • The Spark
  • A Kiss in the Snow (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #13)
  • In Pursuit of Happiness
  • Beneath Cornish Skies: A heartwarming love story about taking a chance on a new beginning
  • Christmas at the Little Waffle Shack (Heritage Cove, Book 2)
  • A Surprise Christmas Wedding
  • Christmas Island
  • Christmas at Lock Keeper's Cottage: The perfect uplifting festive read of love and hope for 2020
  • The Christmas Swap
  • The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane
  • Christmas at Aunt Elsie's: a delightfully festive, feel-good romance and the perfect Christmas treat.
  • If Every Day Was Christmas
  • Christmas Wishes
  • One Family Christmas
  • The Cornish Cream Tea Christmas (The Cornish Cream Tea series, Book 3)
  • The Winter We Met
  • The Little Swiss Ski Chalet (Romantic Escapes, Book 7)
I was born in Teesside but now live in Scarborough on the stunning North Yorkshire Coast. My home inspired the creation of the fictional seaside town of Whitsborough Bay where I set many of my books although the Hedgehog Hollow series takes readers to a gorgeous new countryside setting in the Yorkshire Wolds.

I live with my husband, our teenage daughter and sprocker spaniel, Ella. I'm a self-confe