Start by marking “Be Mine Forever (Detectives Kane and Alton, #11)” as Want to Read:
Be Mine Forever (Detectives Kane and Alton, #11)

Be Mine Forever

(Detectives Kane and Alton #11)

Gray clouds gather overhead as she runs along the dark road. Not a soul is out in the storm, or so she thinks. As the vehicle pulls up alongside her, she sees a familiar face behind the wheel and thinks she's safe. Little does she know, she has just put herself in unthinkable danger...

Kindle Edition
Published February 24th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Be Mine Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Mine Forever

Start your review of Be Mine Forever (Detectives Kane and Alton, #11)
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Book 11.. my goodness. I don’t know how DK Hood doesn’t it but this series has no signs of letting up. I always look forward to a new instalment to the story of Black Rock Falls. As beautiful a place it sounds, I definitely would not want to live there. So many psychopaths in one area.

A missing teenage girl brings the team together in a bid to find her. They are too late and the body of the cheerleader is found murdered. Once again there are plenty of suspects. And you might think you have it al
Lou
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
Be Mine Forever is the eleventh instalment in the Detectives David Kane and Jenna Alton series, set in the small town of Black Rock Falls, Montana, aka Serial Killer Central. It's a stormy Saturday evening in Black Rock Falls and sixteen year old Laurie Turner has just finished cheerleading practice. She walks to her car, a 1950s Ford pickup, but it refuses to start and she had dropped her phone earlier leaving her only one option - to walk back to her home on Ravens Way alone and in the pitch b ...more
Louise Wilson
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars rounded up to 5

Detectives Kane and Alton #11

When local cheerleader, Laurie Turner, goes missing after practice and her bright red pick-up truck is found abandoned by the side of a quiet road, Detective Jenna Alton fears the worst. With the clock ticking, the whole town takes to the streets to find the missing girl and, after a frantic search, her body is found. When another cheerleader goes missing, Jenna thinks someone close to the school is picking teenagers off one by one.

Wih plenty
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2021
I swear each book just keeps getting darker and darker. What could be darker and sinister than this! I would love to know where Ms Hood’s ideas come from but I am also slightly worried too! I mean each book is fresh with ideas, murders and new people. I mean how are there still people to kill in this town!!!

We are back with the team! Yay! And it is nice being around them again, plus we welcome another new addition. This family is getting big and quick, some more people to be worried about! The
Claire
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Bejeezus! D. K. Hood can write a cracking opener but this one takes the biscuit so far!! Of course walking home in your own in the dark, you’d get into a car driven by a familiar face. You’d be stupid not to…. that’s unless you live in Black Rock Falls!!

“Living in Black Rock Falls is a delight as well as a curse.”

Yes the dynamic duo of Dave Kane and Jenna Alton are back with their amazeballs supporting cast. And there is a new addition to the team too… Zac Rio! Will this city boy be up to the tr
LianaReads blog
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
How have I missed so many great books in this series I have no idea but I know that I’ll be looking up the previous ten stories. I had no problem reading it as a stand-alone so don’t shy away from starting it.
Jenna and David are a perfect team for the department and when they need to catch a killer, there’s nothing done halfway through, they just go for the kill even when their own life is in danger.
When a cheerleader is reported as a missing person, their police procedural abilities
Dawn Lawrence (Australian_Crime_Junkie)
Wow what an absolutely fantastic read! I sat and read this in one sitting I loved it. Love the way the characters are progressing with their relationships and the story line was a cracker. Had me totally sucked in and engaged from page one right through to the end. This is DK Hood at her very best. If I could give this more than 5 stars I would!
Marj Ward
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I repeat. Read this series. This Author never disappoints. Book 11 and as engrossing as the 1st book was. How does she do it? We have cheerleaders going missing and turning up dead. Typical for Black Rock Falls and a mystery for the team to solve. Great new character as well. Thanks to NetGalley, Bookoutre and the Author for allowing me to read and review this book.
Kat Dietrich

Be Mine Forever by D.K. Hood is the 11th in the Detectives Kane and Alton series.

First, let me thank NetGalley, the publisher Bookouture, and of course the author, for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Series Background:   (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books)
Former DEA, Jenna Alton is now the Sheriff in Black Rock Falls, Montana.  Her past is a secret.  Deputy David Kane's background is also a secret.  He was
Bridget
Be Mine Forever is the eleventh book in the police procedural series featuring Detectives David Kane and Jenna Alton. I picked up this series with Whisper in the Night (book 6) and I also thoroughly enjoyed books seven through to ten.

Set in Black Rock Falls, Montana, Sheriff Jenna Alton makes a very likeable detective. Jenna has a good team to handle crime in the small town, which has certainly seen more than its fair share of murders! Her deputy, David Kane is a former Special Forces marksman
Julie Lacey
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much and this book definitely did not disappoint.
Jenna and Kane have their hands full when a teenage girl is reported missing and soon found dead. It seems she was strangled and her body left at the local mine.
Laurie was a cheerleader and was last seen getting in a truck after her own vehicle broke down.
Another cheerleader is then found murdered and the team know they need to pull out all the stops to catch the killer.
Theres a new addition to the team and he fits in per
Elaine Tomasso
Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Be Mine Forever, the eleventh novel to feature Sheriff Jenna Akron and Deputy David Kane of the fictional Black Rock Falls, Montana Sheriff’s Office.

When cheerleader Laurie Turner goes missing after practice Jenna isn’t immediately worried as there is something not quite right about her father’s response but when Laurie’s sabotaged truck is found things change. When her body is found in a remote area it points to local knowled
Eleni Konstantine
Another nail biting instalment to the series. We follow the team as they investigate a murder of a high school cheerleader. I like that we see the procedure of things, the to-Ing and fro-Ing of trying to make sense of the evidence and the suspect list.

it’s uncomfortable seeing the POV from the killers but it gives greater depth to the story. Also makes the reader know more than the sheriff and her team.

There’s a new team member, familiar faces, and a growing cautious step at a relationship bet
Margie
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Be Mine Forever by D.K. Hood is the eleventh book in the author's Detectives Kane and Alton series. This author never disappoints. This story was another edge-of-the-seat thrill ride. Cheerleaders are going missing and turning up dead. Sheriff Jenna Alton and her chief deputy David Kane have a tough case to close. The killer is not leaving behind much in the way of evidence. These two main characters are great to follow on a case. They are both smart, dedicated and tough. It was great to see FBI ...more
Mags
Be Mine Forever is book 11 in D.K. Hood's Detectives Kane and Alton series, and my first introduction to the characters and author. And what a great introduction it was. As this was a well-written and crafted story. That was packed full of suspense, twists, and turns not to mention it genuinely kept me guessing.

Furthermore, the protagonists were wildly intriguing and engaging, and I was completely hooked throughout.

And I can safely say I will be checking out the earlier books in this series as
Patty
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Be Mine Forever by D. K. Hood is the 11th book in the Detectives Kane and Alton mystery series, and my first book by this author. I really enjoyed this book, and it is fine as a stand alone, but if I have read the previous ten, I'm sure I would have a better understanding of the detectives. When a teenager goes missing after cheerleader practice, the detectives are called. There are so many secrets in this town, and some really disturbed people, it kept me reading page after page. So many twists ...more
Sean Talbot
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was very entertaining and you just have to feel sorry for the people of Black rock Falls. Everything bad seems to happen there.

This time they get to meet a new member to the team and I must say that was really fun to see.

Though you really see a lot more with Jenna and Dave this time you get the real feeling that they are something special.

I loved this book so much as I think it shows a great ability in this author to push through and after 11 books it still feels fresh.
Lisa
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-netgalley
How can an eleven book series keep getting better?
Cheerleaders are dying in horrendous ways. We know it is a dominant female and a obedient male, but not exactly who they are. It is another rollicking read, which I devoured in a few days!
We do have a new deputy join the ranks. So now we will find out about him and his siblings!
Looking forward to the next book already!
Tiffany Hobson
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Why do bad things keep happening in Black Rock Falls? Who knows, but Sheriff Alton, Deputy Kane, and the rest of the gang are always up to the task of finding out who the baddies are. In book 11 a popular cheerleader is missing and her dad doesn't seem quite as concerned as he should be. Is he involved? Or is it the photographer whose photos seem to be a little too friendly? The Black Rock Falls Sheriff's Dept must find out before more girls disappear.

Another great book! I can stay up until 2 a
Steph  Sheppard
I really can't believe that we are up to book number 11 in the Detectives Kane and Alton series! These are one of my very favourite police duos, but I have to say wild horses coudn't drag me to live in Black Rock Falls, Montana it sounds a stunningly beautiful place to live in but nonetheless it's still blinking dangerous.

As always it's great to catch up with Sheriff Alton, Kane, ME Wolfe, Rowley and the rest of the squad to top it off the dastardly duo Wells and Carter from the FBI came down t
Joanne Hurley
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Now I have to wait for the next one, sigh.
Thank you to #netgalley, #Bookouture and the author for the opportunity to read the eleventh (!) book in the Kane and Alton series in return for a fair and honest review.
What can I tell you, Black Rock Falls truly IS the serial murder capital of the country. And right from the first pages we're introduced to possibly the creepiest killers yet. I mean, we all think cheerleaders are just too much, but who would want to kill one so viciously?
It's Fall Festi
Linda
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Five cheers for Alton and Kane🎉🎊

4.5🌟 stars
Great ominous setting in the rural woodlands of Montana, great crew of police and FBI agents all headed by Sheriff Jenna Alton and deadly Dave Kane. The main thriller tension in this murder spree mystery is in finding out when the abundance of clues reaches the tipping point to stop a chain of cheerleader murders. There are clues from the outset as to the general age, identity and probable motivation of the perpetrator but the cold ruthlessness of the ki
loopyloulaura
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Laurie's phone is broken and her car won't start so she is grateful when a friend offers her a lift home. But she is attacked from the back seat, leading Sheriff Jenna Alton and Deputy Dave Kane to face another murder case as cheerleaders are kidnapped and killed.
Be Mine Forever is the 11th book from DK Hood to feature Alton and Kane, although it would work perfectly well as a stand alone novel. The case is just as good as the others, with plenty of drama and action for our lead characters. The
Kate Gnade
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2021
I received an advanced reader copy of Be Mine Forever from Bookouture via NetGalley, in return for my honest opinion.

Be Mine Forever by D. K. Hood is a story about the hand we play based on our individual life circumstances. Laurie Turner doesn’t make it home from cheerleading practice one night. Sheriff Jenna Alton and Detective David Kane know that the longer the teenager is missing the less likely a happy outcome is. Laurie’s father, Dr. Turner, isn’t very forthcoming with information and is
Elaine
I can't believe this is the eleventh book in this superb series - and they just keep on getting better! Mind you, Black Rock Falls must have an awful lot of murderers living in and around the area. Each book does contain many of the same characters but they are also written so they can be read either as a series or as a standalone.

In this story the victims are cheerleaders from the local high school but can Detectives Jenna Alton and David Kane uncover just who the perpetrators are before they s
patrick Lorelli
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I received this arc for an honest review.

Book eleven opens with a missing cheerleader from the night before. Her father calls the sheriff and once again the hunt for the missing girl begins. After finding the abandoned red truck that she drove she drove the night before and her broken cell phone, Jenna Alton the sheriff along with David Kane her deputy begins the hunt for her killer, though she is still going with a missing person that is until a linesman calls saying he has discovered a body at
Tracy Wood
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Laurie Turner is a cheerleader at high school in Black Rock Falls when she goes missing on the way home from practice. As Sheriff Jenna Alton and her deputy Dave Kane race to find her it becomes clear her home life was traumatic and her father had very little interest in her or where she was.

The discovery of a body changes the investigation's focus and as Jenna tries to get her new team member up to speed, her team begins its hunt for a killer who leaves very few clues behind. When the perp get
Yolie McLaughlin McLaughlin
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a story! It had all the elements necessary to “hook you in. I should inform you that I might be a bit biased as I’ve read every single book with Sheriff Jena Alton as the main character. And, of course, her devoted crew: Deputy David Kane, Medical Examine Shane Wolfe and Deputy Jake Rowley. I’ll admit that I’m somewhat jealous because she’s got those “hunky” dudes with her (Kane and Wolfe). I don’t see how she’s able to get any work done.

The story is based in Black Rock Falls (as always) an
Elizabeth
First of I want to say a huge thank you to the publisher Bookouture, the author D.K. Hood , and to NetGalley for inviting me to join the blog tour for this book as well as letting me read and review. Because each time I pick up one of these books I get lost in the story , and I tend to just keep reading even though I say that I'm only going to read a few chapters, and the same thing happened with this one. Its always fast pace, the characters Kane and Alton just keep becoming my all time favorit ...more
Erica Nicole
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
“Killers all believe they’ve committed the perfect murder. There’s no such thing.”

The Fall Festival arrives...along with a new set of horrendous killings. Black Rock Falls' supposed celebrations is tainted when 16-year-old Laurie Turner, who recently went missing, is found lifeless in a mining deposit. Now Jenna Alton and David Kane must solve the case, hire a new colleague, assist with the Fall Festival preparation and face their hellish past all at once.

The story is fast paced and can be read
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Fragile Ones (Detective Katie Scott #5)
  • Breathe Your Last (Detective Josie Quinn, #10)
  • One Perfect Grave (Nikki Hunt, #2)
  • Alone in the Woods (Detective Alyssa Wyatt #3)
  • Cry for Help
  • Silent Voices (DI Lottie Parker #9)
  • The Girl from Silent Lake (Detective Kay Sharp #1)
  • Last Girls Alive (Detective Katie Scott #4)
  • The Winter Girls (Agent Tori Hunter #2)
  • Drown Her Sorrows (Bree Taggert, #3)
  • Wildflower Graves (Detective Ellie Reeves #2)
  • Shadow Falls
  • Their Frozen Graves (Detective Mackenzie Price, #2)
  • Saltwater Graves (Detective Casey White, #3)
  • The Killer's Girl (Detective Morgan Brookes, #2)
  • Watch Her Sleep (Charlotte Winters, #3)
  • Bad Girls
  • The Little Grave (Detective Amanda Steele #1)

Detectives Kane and Alton (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Don't Tell A Soul (Detectives Kane and Alton, #1)
  • Bring Me Flowers (Detectives Kane and Alton, #2)
  • Follow Me Home (Detectives Kane and Alton, #3)
  • The Crying Season (Detectives Kane and Alton, #4)
  • Where Angels Fear (Detectives Kane and Alton, #5)
  • Whisper in the Night (Detectives Kane and Alton, #6)
  • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • Her Broken Wings (Detectives Kane and Alton, #8)
  • Her Shallow Grave (Detectives Kane and Alton, #9)
  • Promises in the Dark (Detectives Kane and Alton, #10)