Start by marking “The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob” as Want to Read:
The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob

The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob

A rock star / single mom / fairy tale romcom

You don’t know me, but you do know me. I’m your neighborhood hot mess single mom, doing my best to keep my head above water while running my little slice of heaven and keeping my youngest from shoving marbles up his nose, which is exactly what he’s doing the first time Levi Wilson, pop star god, world’s sexiest man, and my all-ti
Published January 7th 2021 by Bang Laugh Love LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob, please sign up.
Laura I read all of this authors books before this one so I can't be 100% certain, but I do feel like this book could be overwhelming if you're not familiar…moreI read all of this authors books before this one so I can't be 100% certain, but I do feel like this book could be overwhelming if you're not familiar with the Bro-Code characters. There are a ton of cameos/side characters. I think I would at minimum start with Bro-Code #3 (Liar, Liar Hearts on Fire). Levi Wilson (this book, Bro-Code #4) and Tripp Wilson (Bro-Code #3) are brothers.(less)

Start your review of The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob
Pippa Grant
Dec 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Author update: Levi and Ingrid get here in three days! And they have a cover!! Isn't it gorgeous?!

description

Author update:
FIVE MORE DAYS!! The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob arrives on January 7, and I cannot WAIT! This book is dedicated to every woman who's ever felt like she's at the end of her rope. It was everything I needed to write to close out 2020, and I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me. Weeks after finishing, I still don't want to part with Levi and Ingrid. I love them so much!!

Author
Aimee
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
2020 has been a hell of a year. After this year, we all deserve something nice. Enter Pippa Grant to start us off in 2021 with a new story that gives us all the feels, as well as all the laughs.

If you haven't been introduced to Pippa Grant's work, you're missing out and I highly suggest you start rectifying that situation - here's the proper story timeline reading order (you'll thank me, I promise).

I really thought my go-to genre was paranormal romance, but after I had some down time during my
Paulette
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Do you remember your first boyband concert? Remember when they were a thing? Well here’s the thing. The guys in those boy bands grow up and become men. We though, we don’t think like that. In our minds as Rod Stewart sang they are, Forever Young. Many times they conjure up great memories for us. Take us back to a time that brings a smile to our face and gave us hope of what could be.
Often the bands break up and go their separate ways. One becomes a businessman, a correspondent, host of a tv show
Caroline F
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - A funny, feel-good read that also packed an emotional punch. Loved it!!

"He could have the world. Yet he's gazing at me like in this moment, I am his world."

Ingrid Scott is a hot-mess mother of three busy, lively kids and runs the bookstore in Copper Valley. Her schedule is tight with very little downtime for herself, let alone a potential relationship. She's been let down plenty of times before by her ex, so she relies as much on herself as possible to give her kids the best life th
Cece
Hot Mess Express

Getting lost in your own hometown really puts your life into perspective. Levi finds much more than a hidey hole in a bookstore with Ingrid and her wonderfully energetic life. As a mom of three children, I felt a bone deep connection with Ingrid. Even in the most hilarious situations I could empathize with how exhausted and utterly overwhelmed she was on a daily basis. On top of it all, Levi Wilson, Bro Code heartthrob, wants to spend time with you? No way. I'd had my doubts too.
Mrs K
Well played Pippa.
She’s only gone and done it again!
Our heroine, Ingrid, sees herself as a hot mess, when in (virtual) reality she’s one of the most put together, organised, selfless people in Copper Valley.
Yes, ok she walks around with goldfish in her hair, other foodstuffs smeared about her person and invariably wears odd socks, but she’s still wonder woman with all that she achieves.
Then to add to this brilliance is the one and only Levi Wilson, pop star extraordinaire. Who recognises the si
All aboard the hot mess express!!!! This story was nothing like what I was expecting.
Ingrid is like a super mom and I'm seriously in awe of her. She's the fiercest of fierce and I want to be half as accomplished as she is (even though she never seemed to think so). I had this thought in my head about the kind of guy Levi would be- the former boy bander player who's smooth and charming... he is charming but he's sweet and just one of the sweetest main characters I've ever read. I'm seriously obse
Kimberly Lund
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually one to enjoy a single mom romance.. I work with kids for a living and tend to shy away from them when reading because it's my time to escape. However, it's Pippa, so I had to give this a chance. And I loved it. Pippa captures mom life so well; even though it's been a long time since I had 3 kids pretty much the same ages, all of Ingrid's life felt real... including her reluctance to ask for help. Levi was such a well written character and I loved the glimpses into his mind and wa ...more
BookAddict
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With a nod or two to our favorite raccoon, this book is chock full of cameos from many characters who already have a special place in our hearts. Between Thrusters hockey, Fireballs baseball and Bro Code band members, there's no telling who might show up. But I’m pretty sure the introduction of Skippy the apartment-squatting squirrel is enough to keep us all on our toes. Then there's Ingrid and, well, her life in general.

Ingrid Scott is, indeed, one hot mess. As a bookstore owner and single pare
Trish (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
Hot Mess and the Heartthrob will resonate with so many readers because we all see ourselves in Ingrid. We expect what we should be doing and saying as a working mom, but life seems to keep throwing mud balls and getting everything all wonky. Add in Ingrid is a single working mom of three very different but capricious children, and Ingrid is just exhausted.
And in walks Levi Wilson, a former member of BroCode and now a solo performer. Life just got real entertaining for us, the readers.

So many je
Angela's Book Addiction
The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob by Pippa Grant is a contemporary, single parent, rock star romantic comedy told in first person dual POV. It's the fourth standalone in the Bro Code series, and if you've read any of the other Bro Code books, you'll enjoy the fun character cameos in this one.

Ingrid Scott is a bookstore owner and hot-mess single mother of three energetic kids. Levi Wilson is a sexy, famous pop star who has known since childhood that he never wants to get married.

What happens when t
Serenechaosnyc
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How do I describe this book? This is a romantic comedy, yes- I laughed and smiled throughout the book to the point that my 8 year old twins asked constantly, "Mommy, what is your book about?" and "Why are you laughing, Mommy?". The romance between Levi, one of the Bro Code members and rock star extraordinaire, and Ingrid, single mother extraordinare is funny, sweet, swoony and steamy. But this book is so much more.

There's a line in the book where Ingrid notes that her bookstore is popular among
Sheila Schoenauer
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Ms. Grants writing. Not only does she know how to make me laugh, but she also knows how to make me feel like I would fit right into any world she writes. This book was no exception. I just loved seeing Boy Band Levi fall from single stardom to head over heels in love with an average woman with her own set of challenges.

Ingrid was definitely a hot mess. But she was an amazing hot mess just trying to do the best she could with limited resources and limited help. Levi was the he
Amy
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“She’s everything I didn’t know I needed in my life. Now I need to be everything she didn’t know she needed.”

The Hot Mess and The Heartthrob is a feel good romantic comedy and I absolutely loved it. Chocked full of hilarity and one mishap after another, Ingrid and her kids make a lasting impression on Levi. This unlikely duo will melt your hearts and the antics of Ingrid’s kids will have your laughing out loud.

Ingrid is a single mother to three kids and she owns her own bookstore. She literal
Sara
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another epic Pippa Grant book! I loved that this heroine was a working single mom with all the ‘hot mess’ of juggling a little more than should be possible. She’s living her life when she comes eye to eyes with Levi who is in her bookstore u expectedly. The pop star who’s music she loves and has gotten her through life events. Levi Tripp, world famous pop star and former member of Bro Code, isn’t looking for a relationship or a forever after, but he is also jealous of his brother and friends who ...more
Joyce
Love is messy!
There’s no way a pop star is going to be struck dumb by a hot mess of a single mom, right? Welcome to Pippa Grant’s world, where the magic happens. Levi and Ingrid are perfect together and I love them!
Andi
5+⭐️S!!!!
I believe this is my new favorite Pippa book! I didn’t want to put it down or for it to end! I absolutely love these characters. The texts between Ingrid and Levi were the best. AND, oh my god, those kiddos! Absolute Perfection!!!
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-arcs
Chaotic fun

Is it possible to be exhausted by a book while also having all of the warm and fuzzy feelings for it? Because I think that's where I'm at with this one. I always, always look forward to Grant's books, and I loved this hero. But I'll be honest and say that I found the intensity of our heroine's life to be overwhelming, and the constant - CONSTANT - references to her kids distracted from the romance. Moms will probably find this to be extremely relatable, and non-moms will probably find
Judy
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Levi is the pop star with ll of the awards, fame, money, and security that comes with it. Ingrid is a single mom with a business and three kids who is juggling her life and barely getting by. This fairy tale rom com has the pop star meeting the hot mess and being utterly enchanted. This novel is written in first person from a dual POV.
I laughed out loud till tears streamed down my face multiple times while reading this book I could not put down. I empathize with Ingrid in her motherhood quest of
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

Yet another brilliant book in the series and the authors arsenal.

I have not yet been able to find a book from this author that does not live up to expectation, have me spitting out coffee in laughter or have my heart warming as the characters wake up from their lives to find there is someone to make their lives complete.

We have met Levi in previous books and he is just as lovable as before, maybe even more so. It i
Late Night Reviews
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Just how I love Pippa Grant books, The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob is funny, sexy, and oh so sweet! I can always rely on Pippa books to brighten my day, literally make me laugh out loud and kill me with the sexy/sweet times.

One chance meeting for these two and their worlds are forever changed. Levi is humble, kind, funny and super sexy. I feel like especially after meeting Ingrid he wants more out of life than just the fame and the money, he wants companionship and love. Ingrid is the real deal
Erin
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
This was another delightful addition to the Pippa Grant universe. Technically a stand alone, but you’ll enjoy it much more if you’ve read the rest of the Bro Code series, and the Copper Valley Firebirds series...but if I’m being honest, you should read all of Pippa’s books.
This book finds a former boy band member turned solo artist who is at a bit of loose ends meeting a bookstore owner divorced mom with three kids. Neither is really looking for each other, but life finds a way. I think it was
Addie Bear
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I want a Levi Wilson of my own!!!
Levi is the perfect complement to Ingrid. She's a super busy, overworked, and over-stressed, single mom of 3, running her own thriving business. He's a world famous pop star, with a crazy busy schedule(even though he's already slowed down), takes his responsibilities seriously, and misses his friends and family in his hometown.

Levi accidentally gets thrown into Ingrid's book store when he gets lost in downtown Copper Valley. The attraction and recognition was i
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is written for all of us moms out here that don’t think we have our stuff together. Those of us who feel like we work or run around all day long and don’t even know who we are anymore.
Ingrid Scott is a single mother of three who once had her life together with military precision. Now she is lucky to get 5 minutes alone to shower. One day, her rock star crush stumbles into her book store and changes her life.
Levi Wilson former member of Bro Code and now solo artist always struck me as t
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I absolutely loved this story. I loved that there was no hiding how hectic and disastrous Ingrid and her kids lives were. Everything in this book made me smile and laugh out loud so many times. I loved that Levi didn’t try to take over her life. That he just went with the flow. He took her kids and just rolled with it.

Ingrid didn’t have time for a man in her life, especially a man who was never there. A man who couldn’t be there for her when she needed a helping hand. Been there, done that, got
CzekMart
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness! What a balm for my soul - I absolutely adored Levi and Ingrid and the togetherness and kindness of his “village” towards Ingrid. Just what I needed in this crazy, unpredictable world today.

“She’s everything I didn’t know I needed in my life. Now I need to be everything she didn’t know she needed”.

Levi Wilson, an international recording star, “stumbles” upon Ingrid’s book store while staying home in Copper Valley between his engagements. He feels immediate connection to Ingrid an
Ga Books LoverX
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Pippa Grant is an author that speaks to me on all kinds of levels, she creates the type of characters that you cannot help but be behind 100%. The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob has you falling in love with a single mom and a rock star that makes you feel all kinds of feels and will have you happy smiling and tearing up throughout it all!

If you have not read this author before, you are MISSING OUT! I couldn't stop laughing and sighing throughout the entire thing. I am in awe how this author can st
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Shelves: arcs
Such a great story! OMG I love Ms. Grant's style, I laughed SO hard I snorted more than once. Several of the Ingrid 'hot mess' tales felt very ripped from the headlines of my own life! This author doesn't just give us the fantasy of Levi the pop star, she gives us the realness of the busy single mom spread so thin she doesn't have time to fantasize about the life of said pop star. I love how humble and down to earth Levi is. I can't get enough of the squirrel, I kind of want to see if any of the ...more
Nina King
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can always count on a Pippa Grant book to bring a smile to my face, and she most certainly did with this one. The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob is full of laughs for sure, but it’s also so dang heartwarming and sweet (with just enough spice) and just absolutely perfect. I think every mom can find a bit of themselves in Ingrid. Her kids are a riot, and the pet hijinks had me laughing out loud. My favorite, though, is Levi. Has there ever been a more perfectly swoony hero in mom-land? I think not. ...more
Kristee Cat
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love this book so much! 2021 definitely started off with a bang!

I’m a big fan of the Pippaverse so I was super excited for Levi’s book. I mean ex Boyband member? Uhhh yeah, my childhood revolve over fangirling over boybands!

Levi Wilson is freaking awesome!!! 🥰 If you’ve read the other books in the Series, you got glimpses of him being the cool Uncle, funny and annoying younger brother, and cool guy Hearthrob. This time you’ll see a different side, the swoony boyfriend material 😉.

And Ingrid, Oh
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Not the Marrying Kind
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • The Strike Out
  • Southern Hotshot (North Carolina Highlands #2)
  • A Co-Worker's Crush (The Rooftop Crew #6)
  • Mister Fake Fiance
  • Side Hustle (Jobs from Hell #4)
  • The Relationship Pact
  • Rushing In (Bailey Brothers, #4)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Reputation (Mason Family, #2)
  • Best Friends Don't Kiss
  • High Risk Rookie (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #4)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • No Commitment (Capital Kingsmen #1)
  • One Time Only (One Time Only, #1)
  • Good With His Hands (Good In Bed, #1)
  • Sterling (Carolina Reapers, #6)
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more