Start by marking “The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob” as Want to Read:
The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob

The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob

A rock star / single mom / fairy tale romcom

You don’t know me, but you do know me. I’m your neighborhood hot mess single mom, doing my best to keep my head above water while running my little slice of heaven and keeping my youngest from shoving marbles up his nose, which is exactly what he’s doing the first time Levi Wilson, pop star god, world’s sexiest man, and my all-ti
Published January 7th 2021 by Bang Laugh Love LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob, please sign up.
Laura I read all of this authors books before this one so I can't be 100% certain, but I do feel like this book could be overwhelming if you're not familiar…moreI read all of this authors books before this one so I can't be 100% certain, but I do feel like this book could be overwhelming if you're not familiar with the Bro-Code characters. There are a ton of cameos/side characters. I think I would at minimum start with Bro-Code #3 (Liar, Liar Hearts on Fire). Levi Wilson (this book, Bro-Code #4) and Tripp Wilson (Bro-Code #3) are brothers.(less)

Start your review of The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob
Pippa Grant
Dec 14, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Author update: Levi and Ingrid get here in three days! And they have a cover!! Isn't it gorgeous?!

description

Author update:
FIVE MORE DAYS!! The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob arrives on January 7, and I cannot WAIT! This book is dedicated to every woman who's ever felt like she's at the end of her rope. It was everything I needed to write to close out 2020, and I hope it brings you as much joy as it brought me. Weeks after finishing, I still don't want to part with Levi and Ingrid. I love them so much!!

Author
BookAddict
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With a nod or two to our favorite raccoon, this book is chock full of cameos from many characters who already have a special place in our hearts. Between Thrusters hockey, Fireballs baseball and Bro Code band members, there's no telling who might show up. But I’m pretty sure the introduction of Skippy the apartment-squatting squirrel is enough to keep us all on our toes. Then there's Ingrid and, well, her life in general.

Ingrid Scott is, indeed, one hot mess. As a bookstore owner and single pare
Alley Ciz
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There was not one thing I didn’t absolutely adore about this book! Ingrid is so perfectly you human while still being a super mom you can’t not cheer for her. Levi was full-on swoon-worthy but I think my favorite wasn’t that he came in and “saved the day”. Nope, in pure Pippaverse fashion he brought a whole flipping village to help get his happily ever after!! 5 insane squirrels for this book 🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿
Aimee
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
2020 has been a hell of a year. After this year, we all deserve something nice. Enter Pippa Grant to start us off in 2021 with a new story that gives us all the feels, as well as all the laughs.

If you haven't been introduced to Pippa Grant's work, you're missing out and I highly suggest you start rectifying that situation - here's the proper story timeline reading order (you'll thank me, I promise).

I really thought my go-to genre was paranormal romance, but after I had some down time during my
Paulette
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Do you remember your first boyband concert? Remember when they were a thing? Well here’s the thing. The guys in those boy bands grow up and become men. We though, we don’t think like that. In our minds as Rod Stewart sang they are, Forever Young. Many times they conjure up great memories for us. Take us back to a time that brings a smile to our face and gave us hope of what could be.
Often the bands break up and go their separate ways. One becomes a businessman, a correspondent, host of a tv show
Caroline F
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - A funny, feel-good read that also packed an emotional punch. Loved it!!

"He could have the world. Yet he's gazing at me like in this moment, I am his world."

Ingrid Scott is a hot-mess mother of three busy, lively kids and runs the bookstore in Copper Valley. Her schedule is tight with very little downtime for herself, let alone a potential relationship. She's been let down plenty of times before by her ex, so she relies as much on herself as possible to give her kids the best life th
Cece
Hot Mess Express

Getting lost in your own hometown really puts your life into perspective. Levi finds much more than a hidey hole in a bookstore with Ingrid and her wonderfully energetic life. As a mom of three children, I felt a bone deep connection with Ingrid. Even in the most hilarious situations I could empathize with how exhausted and utterly overwhelmed she was on a daily basis. On top of it all, Levi Wilson, Bro Code heartthrob, wants to spend time with you? No way. I'd had my doubts too.
Darcy
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, e-book, romance
This one was fun to read. Ingrid is a bit of a hot mess, but she embraces it, in fact uses it as part of her marketing strategy at her store. But honestly as a single mother with 3 kids ages 4-10, who owns her own business with little support system, she's doing great! Her kids know she loves them, her business is growing. She does what she can when she can and the rest will either wait or she'll get to it eventually.

I loved how smitten Levi was with her, how he remembered an encounter for years
Mrs K
Well played Pippa.
She’s only gone and done it again!
Our heroine, Ingrid, sees herself as a hot mess, when in (virtual) reality she’s one of the most put together, organised, selfless people in Copper Valley.
Yes, ok she walks around with goldfish in her hair, other foodstuffs smeared about her person and invariably wears odd socks, but she’s still wonder woman with all that she achieves.
Then to add to this brilliance is the one and only Levi Wilson, pop star extraordinaire. Who recognises the si
Cecilia Dawn
Shelves: read-2020
I felt so seen in this book; I am the Hot Mess Mom! It was full of laughter and absolute heart, and I expect nothing less from Pippa. She really captured the chaos of motherhood with reality sprinkled with humor. It was this honest look at parenthood that pushed it to 5 stars for me.

Ingrid and Levi's love story was an adventure from start to finish - from secret squirrels to rubber chickens, glitter crafts to best friends who tell it like it is. Their story is one to remember. (I'm still gigglin
All aboard the hot mess express!!!! This story was nothing like what I was expecting.
Ingrid is like a super mom and I'm seriously in awe of her. She's the fiercest of fierce and I want to be half as accomplished as she is (even though she never seemed to think so). I had this thought in my head about the kind of guy Levi would be- the former boy bander player who's smooth and charming... he is charming but he's sweet and just one of the sweetest main characters I've ever read. I'm seriously obse
• Clever Girl Books • Hailey
This book is soooooo relatable on so many levels to me. It’s hilarious for one, It’s a Pippa Grant book, so you know it’ll be funny and it’ll have a ton of heart and emotions. This book was a great addition to the BroCode series, and I might be speaking for everyone but I’m glad to see Levi Wilson settle down!
Britt The Hatters
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you're looking to laugh until you hurt, get a toothache from sweetness, and fan yourself from the heat Pippa Grant has you covered with The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob! This was book was the perfect pick me up after the holiday stress hangover. I was literally laughing out loud every other page while I was falling completely in love with every single character.
From the super swoony, super sexy, and super sweet Levi to the oh so relatable and hilarious Ingrid and her even funnier adorable chi
Kimberly Lund
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually one to enjoy a single mom romance.. I work with kids for a living and tend to shy away from them when reading because it's my time to escape. However, it's Pippa, so I had to give this a chance. And I loved it. Pippa captures mom life so well; even though it's been a long time since I had 3 kids pretty much the same ages, all of Ingrid's life felt real... including her reluctance to ask for help. Levi was such a well written character and I loved the glimpses into his mind and wa ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Pippa Grant's most relatable heroine, and the fairy tale of your favorite rock star falling into love with you? BOOK CRACK THAT I CANNOT FORGET EVER.

So good, y'all.
Trish (Beautiful Chaos Reviews)
Hot Mess and the Heartthrob will resonate with so many readers because we all see ourselves in Ingrid. We expect what we should be doing and saying as a working mom, but life seems to keep throwing mud balls and getting everything all wonky. Add in Ingrid is a single working mom of three very different but capricious children, and Ingrid is just exhausted.
And in walks Levi Wilson, a former member of BroCode and now a solo performer. Life just got real entertaining for us, the readers.

So many je
RateTheRomance
*HALLELUJAH CHORUS SWELLS*

It FINALLY happened! A Single Parent romance with children who act like actual human children! I can't believe it took this long to find one (and by "find one" I mean it was recommended to me after a recent rant about perfect kids in romances).

Okay, now let's get to the book.

Ingrid is a single mom with three kids, a renegade pet squirrel, and a bookstore. Her kids are AWESOMELY REAL. They break rules, shove crap up their nose, complain about bedtime, fight with each ot
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Pippa is the goddess of funny, there is no denying that fact, but The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob is more than her typical romcom, it is more than a romantic story between a hot mess mom and a hottie pop god, it is a book jammed full of emotion that kept leaking out of my eyes.

Levi Wilson is feeling melancholy. His life would seem practically perfect; he's living his dream of pop stardom, models dripping from his arms, traveling the world, he's basically done it all, but why can't he shake the f
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
I needed this book and I needed it badly. The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob was exactly what I've come to expect from Pippa Grant: funny, sweet, and sexy. Levi was adorable. He was an adult who hadn't lost some of his childhood self. I loved that he somewhat knew what it was like to be a single parent having been raised by one, but also that his recognition of his own mother grew while watching Ingrid parent. Ingrid was a tough cookie to crumble for Levi. She was so used to doing things on her own ...more
Angela's Book Addiction
The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob by Pippa Grant is a contemporary, single parent, rock star romantic comedy told in first person dual POV. It's the fourth standalone in the Bro Code series, and if you've read any of the other Bro Code books, you'll enjoy the fun character cameos in this one.

Ingrid Scott is a bookstore owner and hot-mess single mother of three energetic kids. Levi Wilson is a sexy, famous pop star who has known since childhood that he never wants to get married.

What happens when t
Kari Hansen
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ingrid’s life is full between the mayhem and chaos of her three children and the bookstore but she doesn’t regret any of the choices that brought her here. She doesn’t have the time or energy for love or a relationship especially when it comes in the form of swoony pop-star who could have any woman he wanted and whose lifestyle couldn’t be different from hers.

They may never have met but Levi recognizes Ingrid not only because of the first time he saw her but because he knows that she is exactly
maggieandteddy
3.5 -3.75 stars
One of my favorite tropes. Single mom, the hero comes back home. Small town. A lot of friends and family. I do mean a LOT of characters. I was so overwhelmed by the huge amount of supporting characters early in the story.
I really like Ingrid and Levi. Ingrid has cute kids, especially the youngest, 4 y/o Hudson.
I spotted a lot of characters from other books. I still need to read Ares' book.
Ingrid's a great mom and I was happy that Levi didn't shy away or get freaked out by all t
Serenechaosnyc
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
How do I describe this book? This is a romantic comedy, yes- I laughed and smiled throughout the book to the point that my 8 year old twins asked constantly, "Mommy, what is your book about?" and "Why are you laughing, Mommy?". The romance between Levi, one of the Bro Code members and rock star extraordinaire, and Ingrid, single mother extraordinare is funny, sweet, swoony and steamy. But this book is so much more.

There's a line in the book where Ingrid notes that her bookstore is popular among
Luna
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It’s been a long time since I snorted out loud while reading a book. This book had me laughing so hard that it woke up my dogs several times. The glares from them was totally worth it. “The Hot Mess and the Heartthrob” by Pippa Grant was hilarious and heartfelt.

We meet Ingrid Scott, a single mom bookstore owner hot mess who meets her rock star crush when he comes to hide in her store when he’s home in Copper Valley. Levi Wilson, of the former Bro Code band, and now international superstar, has
Sheila Schoenauer
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Ms. Grants writing. Not only does she know how to make me laugh, but she also knows how to make me feel like I would fit right into any world she writes. This book was no exception. I just loved seeing Boy Band Levi fall from single stardom to head over heels in love with an average woman with her own set of challenges.

Ingrid was definitely a hot mess. But she was an amazing hot mess just trying to do the best she could with limited resources and limited help. Levi was the he
Amy
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“She’s everything I didn’t know I needed in my life. Now I need to be everything she didn’t know she needed.”

The Hot Mess and The Heartthrob is a feel good romantic comedy and I absolutely loved it. Chocked full of hilarity and one mishap after another, Ingrid and her kids make a lasting impression on Levi. This unlikely duo will melt your hearts and the antics of Ingrid’s kids will have your laughing out loud.

Ingrid is a single mother to three kids and she owns her own bookstore. She literal
Sara
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another epic Pippa Grant book! I loved that this heroine was a working single mom with all the ‘hot mess’ of juggling a little more than should be possible. She’s living her life when she comes eye to eyes with Levi who is in her bookstore u expectedly. The pop star who’s music she loves and has gotten her through life events. Levi Tripp, world famous pop star and former member of Bro Code, isn’t looking for a relationship or a forever after, but he is also jealous of his brother and friends who ...more
Lucia Robles
Jan 11, 2021 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf at 48%.
I was getting bored the more I read and some conversations were too cheesy for me, so I didn’t want to waist more of my time and just dnf it.
Joyce
Love is messy!
There’s no way a pop star is going to be struck dumb by a hot mess of a single mom, right? Welcome to Pippa Grant’s world, where the magic happens. Levi and Ingrid are perfect together and I love them!
Robin Sweeney
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Levi's book is nothing I thought it would be, but everything so much more! Ingrid the bookstore owner and single mother of 3 kids is the tornado Levi needs to slow his life down and lay down some roots. In true Pippa fashion, you will get hilarity, inappropriate jokes, crazy animals, and many visits from other book characters! You will laugh, you will cry a little (I mean who doesn't cry when an army of women come to help the stressed out mother) and you will want to visit Copper Valley to find ...more

• Not the Marrying Kind
  • The Mistletoe Kisser (Blue Moon #8)
  • The Strike Out
  • Southern Hotshot (North Carolina Highlands #2)
  • A Co-Worker's Crush (The Rooftop Crew #6)
  • Mister Fake Fiance
  • Side Hustle (Jobs from Hell #4)
  • The Relationship Pact
  • Rushing In (Bailey Brothers, #4)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Reputation (Mason Family, #2)
  • Best Friends Don't Kiss
  • High Risk Rookie (Vancouver Wolves Hockey, #4)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • No Commitment (Capital Kingsmen #1)
  • One Time Only (One Time Only, #1)
  • Good With His Hands (Good In Bed, #1)
  • Sterling (Carolina Reapers, #6)
Pippa Grant is a USA Today Bestselling author who writes romantic comedies that will make tears run down your leg. When she's not reading, writing or sleeping, she's being crowned employee of the month as a stay-at-home mom and housewife trying to prepare her adorable demon spawn to be productive members of society, all the while fantasizing about long walks on the beach with hot chocolate chip co ...more

News & Interviews