Start by marking “The First Boy I Ever Kissed” as Want to Read:
The First Boy I Ever Kissed

The First Boy I Ever Kissed

(The First Boy #1)

It’s been over two years since Tommy’s heart was broken. Two years since Kim vanished from his life without a word.

Kim was the first boy he’d ever kissed. The only person he’s been in love with. He’d thought they were starting something when he showed his feelings on prom night, and they shared their perfect messy kiss, but he’d been wrong. He never saw Kim again. Until t
Published January 11th 2021 by Stars and Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about The First Boy I Ever Kissed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Boy I Ever Kissed

Start your review of The First Boy I Ever Kissed
Suki Fleet
Dec 10, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine
Coming Jan 11th...

You don't need to have read the short prequel story 'The First Boy He Ever Kissed' before you read this one, as I've included it in this story (the prequel story is only available for 10 days in a giveaway).

I *really* loved writing this one :) Second chances, friends to lovers, a bit of angst and lots of sweetness--all things I love to write. And it was written almost entirely while listen to four songs (lol playing over and over):
No Manual-GusGus
Lost Souls Make It-Piers Baron
Z
Layla
3 stars...
ARC received from GRR in exchange for an honest review.
This was my first book by this author.

What I liked...
- The characters, they were lovable and nuanced. They were good guys, and Kim especially had a very hard life and came out the other side.
- The Plot.. It was solid and intriguing to a degree.

Niggles..
- It lacked depth. We were kind of thrown into the story, and then the memories of what happened before where thrown in. It was confusing.
- The sex was fade to black and underwh
Bati
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it
A tak się dobrze zapowiadało...
Anne Barwell
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
I love this author’s work. They write emotion wonderfully, to the point it jumps off the page. Kim and Tommy’s story sucked me in immediately, and didn’t let go to the end. I read it in one sitting as I couldn’t put it down.

I also like how realistic the story is. The author doesn’t shy away from how difficult it is for Kim to break free of the situation he’s in, and how doing so isn’t without serious consequences. He and Tommy have to fight for their HEA, and not just once. I loved the two of t
Charlotte
I'm not surprised that I loved this story. I've been a fan of Suki Fleet's since the first book of theirs I read. If you're a lover of lyrical writing, intense emotions and characters who will carve out a place in your heart then Suki Fleet is an author you will love.

Tommy's heart was broken just after a beautiful kiss with his best friend at Prom. He and Kim had been friends… best friends. Tommy had wasted a lot of time struggling with what was going on in his head. But when he asked a girl to
Rachel
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Suki Fleet's stories never fail to move me, this was lovely. ...more
Airy
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It was sweet and my heart broke for Tommy and Kim. The story is well written and the characters are very likable.
Sharing The Book Love
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed this quick little read.

Kim and Tommy have a second chance.at happiness and grab it with both hands.

Loved the characters, the background, the drama and the love and found families always make me melt.
Agalactiae
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2021
3,75/5

Avec ce titre, je ne pouvais que craquer et vouloir lire ce roman le plus rapidement possible !

« The first boy I ever kissed » est l'histoire de Tommy et de Kim. Les deux jeunes hommes sont meilleurs amis, l'un est amoureux de l'autre mais l'autre est hétérosexuel. Un jour, un des deux va craquer seulement, Tommy et Kim vont se perdre de vue du jour au lendemain.

C'est une histoire d'amour de jeunesse, de premier amour, de seconde chance.

J'ai beaucoup aimé cette histoire, en particulier tou
ButtonsMom2003
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, ku
5 fantastic stars!

Broke my heart and mended it again.

Confession – I own every single English language book that Suki Fleet has available on Amazon but The First Boy I Ever Kissed is the first one I’ve actually read. I know, that’s kind of stupid and after reading this one I want to immediately go and read all the books; if only I could clone myself.

I’m such a sucker for New Adult stories. Add in friends-to-lovers and second chance tropes and I’m really a gonner. I find it hard to believe that T
Joyfully Jay
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Author Suki Fleet delivers a beautiful happy ever after in her latest story, The First Boy I Ever Kissed. Told with alternating points of view, Tommy and Kim fill us in on the background of their first kiss and what has happened in the years since. While details tend to be a bit sketchy since this is a novella, we still get enough story here to understand both the danger Kim is in and the reasons he left Tommy behind. We get a less clear picture of what has been ha
Philip Cowsill
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In 2016 I read L.O.V.E by Suki Fleet and was overcome by the intense emotion and the realism of the characters. So much so, I highlighted the listing in my database with a gold background.

I have not read any other of her books until The First Boy I Ever Kissed. The reason being I did not want to be disappointed that other books would not compare. I took the decision to overcome this constraint and read The First Boy I Ever Kissed. I was not disappointed.

The short story of Tommy and Kim packed a
Lisa
While I really did enjoy this story I felt it lacked
In places. There was a lot of stuff dealt with in the background and wasn’t elaborated on but overall it was a good story with good Mc’S.

Tommy has been in love with his best friend for ever but he doesn’t know how to deal with these feelings he suddenly has for a boy. When they share their first kiss a prom it’s every thing he could have imagined it to be and more. But then his best friend disappears never to be seen again or so he thought.

Kim
Lustfulcat
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Suki Fleet's books are always so intense and emotional and this one is no different. They're so good at writing about people who are in bad uncontrollable situations that I often have to put the book down because I get mad for the characters. I felt so much for Kim!!!! I like when I get ajsakgsjaga from reading a book bc that's what an author is supposed to do!

Both of the MCs are very likeable. Tommy is That Guy who you want to hug you and take care of you and Kim is so perfect for him, it makes
Anabela.M.
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read, but it couldn't have been more intense or packing a more powerful emotional charge. Suki Fleet's writing was so compelling, I was immediately drawn into the world of Kim and Tommy. Both such wonderful young men, each with their own story I got to discover. I felt connected to both of them, although Kim's journey just about broke my heart.

The book offered some surprising plot twists, the tension and danger building making me fear the outcome. As a whole, though, it was a t
Ana  Nimity
This was my first book by Suki Fleet but it won't be my last. Short or not, it packs quite the punch with characters whose lives are not Instagram perfect. It's painful in places, knowing that there must be young men out there who are in similar situations. But it's also achingly sweet and innocently sexy.
I didn't shed any tears, but my heart did ache on the way to the HEA, and it felt like a full novel.
Bev
This was OK, but I felt the timeline at the end was a tad unrealistic. Given the complicated nature of our legal system, surely it would've taken more than 5 months to get everything sorted out? Nothing seems to get to court that quickly 😕... ...more
Edga
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances.

I love books where people find their way back to each other. This book had me hooked from page one. I fell in love with both Tommy and Kim. There's some angst, but on the whole it's simply a sweet second chance story, which gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. It's very well written, and, packs in a lot of feeling and emotion.
UltraMeital
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, new-adult
I simply ADORE Suki's writing. There is something so genuine in the way her characters view the world but mostly their special person. Tommy and Kim, like many of their characters come from a difficult background and yet there is still innocence and wonder to everything they share. Life might have tainted them in certain aspects but luckily not all.

In the year and a half they knew each other, Kim and Tommy became fast friends and nearly a bit more. But though Kim knew exactly what he was feelin
NicoleR.M.M.
What can I say about Suki Fleet?
Their books are among the best YA/NA books in the m/m genre. They write angsty novels with one, or sometimes even both MC's on the edge of society. Most of the time they come from troubled homes, are orphaned and living on the street. Often their futures seem to be hopeless or, in their troubled and worried minds, even non-existent. And yet still...as a reader you always find a glimpse of hope. Sometimes because of a person who cares enough to put out a helping h
Sammy Goode
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Author Suki Fleet delivers a beautiful happy ever after in her latest holiday story, The First Boy I Ever Kissed. Told with alternating points of view Tommy and Kim fill us in on the background of their first kiss and what has happened in the years since. While details tend to be a bit sketchy since this is a novella, we still get enough story here to understand both the danger Kim is in and the reasons he left Tommy behind. We get a less clear picture of what has been happening for Tommy in tho ...more
Jayne
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
A delightfully nuanced story and a great tale of young love, told through the eyes of Tommy, who has never been able to forget Kim, the boy he kissed at the high school prom two years before the story begins. When Kim vanished without explanation, Tommy always blamed himself but the real reason is far more complicated.

The blurb explains the story well so I won’t rehash it. Tommy is a lovely character, really caring and sensitive without being vapid. Kim is a great match for him, learning from th
Juniper Greer-Ashe
Jan 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tommy and Kim fell in love and shared one beautiful moment at prom, then Kim disappeared for two years. When Tommy sees him again, it’s under less than auspicious circumstances, but all is not what it seems and there’s still time for a second chance. This story tugs hard on the heartstrings-- I felt so much for Tommy, who lost his true love the night after being brave enough to come out to him, and I felt even more for Kim, who always had the best of intentions while facing the worst possible ci ...more
Shweta
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Get to this goodness. Get to it now.
I am a big fan of Suki Fleet's writing. And even in a novella of a few pages, she manages to show us a glimpse of love unrequited, the yearning for better times, the beauty of found family and how hope shines through even in the darkest of times.

A chance meeting leads to Tommy and Kim rehashing and rekindling the warmth of the love they shared and how they had spent all this time in anguish, wondering about the if's and maybe's. But as circumstance and harsh
Amy Stauffer
3.75 Stars

I haven’t read anything by this author before, and I was excited to see a piece of their work in the 2021 Winter Wonderland Giveaway. I was even more intrigued when offered the opportunity to read the follow-up. I jumped on the opportunity. If you missed out on The First Boy He Ever Missed, you’ll still be able to read this without missing a beat. Consider it a bonus, and not a necessity.

This book was easy to get into. I liked how it jumps into the story without a big build-up of expl
Samantha Ortega
Jan 08, 2021 rated it liked it
FR- Alors alors… alors j’ai beaucoup aimé ce roman. C’était le premier roman de l’auteure que j’ai lu et j’ai passé un excellent moment de lecture. C’est un roman court, qui se lit assez vite, mais les personnages sont très attachants et l’histoire est prenante. Je dois avoue que je ne savais pas trop si la fin allait etre heureuse ou pas mais je me suis laissée porter par les mots de l’auteure.
J’ai adoré les personnages de Tommy et de Kim. J’ai eu mal au coeur pour Kim tout au long de ma lectur
Mary Mary
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc
It is another very EMOTIONAL read from Suki Fleet.
This story was everything that I expected - sweet and tender first love and a boy with lots of problems. I LOVE this type of books, but this time it was a little bit too rushed for 5 stars.

The story is written in a way that made me feel like I was right there with Kim and Tommy, right there on the snow covered, cold streets. The connection between MCs was undeniable and I felt my own heart bleed not only for Kim but also for their missed chance a
Taya
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really thought this book was sweet.
On prom night 2 years prior to Tommy and Kim meeting again Tommy finally admits he likes Kim. And then Kim disappears for 2 years. Tommy finds Kim breaking in at his work joy riding with others. When they reunite at the police station there's a lot of unsaid feelings as well as unanswered questions to why Kim left.
I really enjoyed the way the story was told, I felt there was no dragging out what was going on.
The miscommunication thing wasn't drawn out eithe
Bárbara
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Man, do I love having my heart kicked a bunch of times and then having it nursed back into glorious health in basically the same breath... Okay, that was useless, I get it. It's just that I no longer have proper words to describe how much I love this author's stories. This one was a quick one (it took me like two hours to read) but it put my emotions in a blender and whipped up the hug I was needing, in the shape of a book. In a time where physical hugs aren't a thing, this is definitely a worth ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Merry Measure
  • Winter Solstice in St. Nacho's (The St. Nacho's #5)
  • Angels in the City
  • Holidays For Two
  • The Happy List (Better With You, #1)
  • Naughty Neil (Hidden Species, #1.5)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Endangered Species (Time Served #1)
  • Playground Games
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Against the Grain (Auckland Med #4)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Spank Me (Naughty or Nice #2)
  • No Good Mitchell
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • His Compass (His #2)
  • How to Evict a Hot Jock in Three Weeks (How to Love, #2)
About the author:
Suki Fleet is an award winning author, a prolific Reader (though less prolific than they'd like), and a lover of angst, romance and unexpected love stories.
They write lyrical stories about memorable characters and believe everyone should have a chance at a happy ending.
Their first novel This is Not a Love Story won Best Gay Debut in the 2014 Rainbow Awards, and was a finalist in t

The First Boy (2 books)