Start by marking “S.W.O.R.D. #1” as Want to Read:
S.W.O.R.D. #1

S.W.O.R.D. #1

(S.W.O.R.D. (Single Issues) #1)

ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MUTANTKIND! The Mutant nation of Krakoa has quickly become a major force on the world stage... but why stop there? Krakoa has relaunched the Sentient World Observation & Response Directorate—a fully independent organization dealing with all things extra-terrestrial on behalf of all of Earth. Al Ewing and Valerio Schitti, the team behind EMPYRE, bring us ...more
Published December 9th 2020

To ask other readers questions about S.W.O.R.D. #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about S.W.O.R.D. #1

Start your review of S.W.O.R.D. #1
Tanabrus
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: marvel, comics
Carino, episodio introduttivo che mostra questa nuova SWORD, erede dell'Alpha Flight abbandonata (giustamente) da Abigail alla fine di Empyre e a quanto pare "programma spaziale mutante".

Tanti nomi, tanti mutanti che riemergono da passati più o meno lontani.
E spesso legati a Magneto, bello vedere le sue reazioni con Peepers e Frenzy, oltre che Cortez... nomi che rimandano indietro di parecchio tempo!

Interessante questa interpretazione di Magneto, mostrato con la giusta arroganza e potenza, ma al
Scratch
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
On the one hand, it's nice that the writers are trying to bring back some relatively obscure mutants. I don't know that I ever expected to see a team feature Risque, Random, Wiz-Kid, and Peepers. They're just not popular enough to garner attention from the juvenile new fans Marvel always seems to be courting. (Or trying to court, anyway.)

On the other hand, this first issue of a new X-title has the same self-important, smug tone as Dawn of X/House of X, and I have not been a big fan of these book
Tiag⊗
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I have no idea what I just read, and Magneto is WAY out of character, but the art is good, and there's some cool faces on the roster, I'm in for now. ...more
Emily
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great start! The cast for this book is weird and nothing like i expected. I keep thinking about the bit Pigs In Space from The Muppet Show. I'm not sure why. There isn't a corny plot so it's probably just a thing I think about when stories are in space. Mutants In Space! I'm into it. Don't really know what that thing was they pulled out of wherever they went but i bet it was a mistake. ...more
Ian Sharman
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well, this was pretty much perfect. Al Ewing and Valerio Schiti has teamed up to bring us the future of mutantkind and it's rather mind blowing.

That said, my first thought was, "What the hell is Fabian Cortez doing here?" Amusingly enough, that was exactly Magneto's reaction too. The Cortez stuff was really funny, especially when Magneto greets Peeper as a long lost friend, but couldn't even remember Cortez's name.

Ewing and Schiti also manage to do the impossible in making Wiz-Kid cool. And he's
James
Dec 20, 2020 rated it liked it
3.25 stars. I liked everything, the story, the art, the concept. It was the end that lost me. The last info page that broke down what the six do, I wasn’t really grasping it. Then right after, they put that explanation into action and I didn’t understand that either. Plus I didn’t know what that little prism thing was that they went and got.
RG
Dec 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I dont know enough about sword to really understand if this is a good take or not. It was fun and a decent intro so hopefully it begins a good intergalactic kind of story
heidi
Jan 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Ok for a first issue. I'm not that mind-blown by whatever it is they're doing with the SWORD station, but intrigued enough to want to see where this story is going.

- I like that Gateway is finally getting a story arc instead of simply being used as a teleportation plot device.

- Why did they draw Magneto looking like an octogenarian (T_T)
Krystal Fay Huston
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series! Really looking forward to what comes next.
David
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
So it's setting something up, I just don't have the slightest clue what as it went and disappeared up it's own self importance at the end with some terrible art, equally terrible dialogue and now the really common "mystery ending."

The use of nobodies to populate the team (Cable being the exception) is fine but they need to work on them and flesh them out which didn't really happen, but I guess it's just the first issue so I'm fine with that.

I gave it a 4 as I liked the art, I like the expanding
Roman Colombo
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Everything I was hoping for and more.
Danny Zang
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Probably the most exciting debut issue of the Krakoan age of X-Men comics since House of X/Powers of X came out a couple summers ago. Valerio Schiti and Marte Gracia absolutely kill it on the art and colors. I can't overstate how good the designs are for this book and how spectacular everything from the Peak to the characters to wherever they went towards the end are.

Ewing's story is appropriately good at pulling a truly disparate mix of characters together in a way that feels more natural than
Colton Scherer

• Wolverine #9
  • Hellions #7
  • Cable #7
  • X-Men #14

S.W.O.R.D. (Single Issues) (3 books)
  • S.W.O.R.D. #2