Start by marking “The Rich Man: An absolutely gripping psychological suspense” as Want to Read:
The Rich Man: An absolutely gripping psychological suspense

The Rich Man: An absolutely gripping psychological suspense

Her boyfriend vanished, but moving on could be murder...

Acey left without a word, leaving Elena alone to pick up the pieces of her broken heart. Determined not to be crushed by his betrayal, she forces herself to get over him.

Never did she fathom the unspeakable darkness closing in...

Sinclair Diamond breezes into her life like an answered prayer. Handsome. Wealthy. Cha
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: February 2nd 2021 by Black Cat Ink Press

To ask other readers questions about The Rich Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rich Man

Start your review of The Rich Man: An absolutely gripping psychological suspense
Linda Strong
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it

REVIEW TO BE POSTED 2/2/21
Edi McNinch
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
Oh my, A thriller indeed. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and characters you love then hate or hate then love. Very mixed, this lot of gangsters. Who is a gangster, who has become one? Told from the viewpoint of each person it is a tangled web and ends with a cliff hanger. What happens next? Will there be a follow up or do we just guess that the good guys always win? Good read but be aware it truly is a cliff hanger. I received an ARC of this book and was under no obligation to provide ...more
Robert Baker
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it
A Thriller in Need of a Little TLC

The Rich Man by J. S. Ellis certainly fits into the psychological thriller genre. It is filled with dubious characters, violent crimes, strip clubs, casinos, and a vulnerable female protagonist.

If you enjoy reading about complex characters with huge flaws, and you like to see plenty of action, this is a great novel for you.

Please remember that the following is only the personal opinion of one reviewer. Other critics may have a completely different reading experi
Erin Lewicki
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Elena has just had her heart broken. Her boyfriend Acey just up and left her without any indication as to why. She works as a receptionist by day at a law firm and just recently started as a dancer at a night club. One night while working at the club, she is asked for by name by a mysterious yet very handsome older gentleman, Sinclair Diamond. Despite her protests at first, she agreed to have dinner with him. Sinclair is a very rich and powerful man. That's not all though. He's also a gangster. ...more
Nebula Castelino
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Written from the perspectives of the three key characters, J.S Ellis’ “The Rich Man” is a great read. Sinclair Diamond is allergic to liars and thieves. This character is ruthless and will go to drastic ends to ensure that people who cross his path pay dearly for their misdeeds. Acey is a charming poker player who paints the picture of extravagance and recklessness. The glue that binds both these key protagonists is Elena Gomez, a naïve and beautiful woman. Acey belongs in her past while Sinclai ...more
Mc Chanster
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ooo… I so enjoyed this novel. Told in rotating perspectives of the three main characters, The Rich Man was a thoroughly engaging and thrilling read that kept me turning pages from beginning to end.

I loved the dark and dangerous Sinclair Diamond and the sweet and mostly innocent Elena Gomez. The two wouldn’t normally cross paths, but an impulse decision by Acey Sumemrs pushes the two of them together and starts a series of events that forces all three of them to face past and current decisions. L
Lynda Custer
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by JS Ellis and I will read other books by her. Initially, I found the first chapter difficult to get into. However, I was completely drawn into the story with the second chapter. This is a psychological venture into one man’s criminal world that reveals how one person’s actions has a domino effect on others. The main characters tell the story creating a web filled with suspicion, vengeance and violence. I think I liked the ending because it was realistic but also allowed ...more
Caroline
Jan 17, 2021 rated it liked it
I generally enjoyed this book, it moved along at a good pace, and I'd like to thank Book Sirens for sending me a free copy.

The story is told in alternating chapters between Elena, Sinclair, and occasionally Acey.

Sinclair is a rich brutal gangster, whom Acey steals £1m from. When Sinclair discovers he has been hiding with Elena he decides to seduce her to gain revenge.

Initially reluctant, Elena soon falls in love with him, even as she discovers his true self.

In places, I felt that the story was t
Sandy  Wilmering
When I read the first few chapters of this book, I wasn't sure I would finish. I REALLY didn't like the main male character. I realized, however, I wasn't supposed to like him: the book to me is more about the heroine's realizations about herself and the men who have been in her life.

I was surprised by the recipient of Elena's actions near the end of the book; I figured it would have been someone else. I did like that the book ended in a cliff-hanger.

I received an advanced copy of this book for
Kira
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a twisted situation Acey has gotten Elena involved in! Oh how charming Sinclair is written to be, and you want to like him in all his faults. This kept me on the edge of my seat and reading feverishly to get to the eventual conclusion.

Justin
Jan 15, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads
Well-written thriller that kept my attention throughout. I enjoyed the alternating POVs and how everything just kept amping up. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt and would have liked to see it fleshed out a little bit more. Aside from that, I enjoyed it!

ARC provided by Book Sirens. All opinions are my own.
Melissa
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Again loved this book! Told from different point views this is a fast-paced enjoyable thriller with a bit of romance bare in mind this is not a romance novel. Loved the cliffhanger at the end and that how it ends which leaves you to think what happened next?
Debbie Loader
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-sirens
An absolutely brilliant page turner that kept me reading without stopping as I really wanted to know how it ended and Ms Ellis did not disappoint me. That was definitely an woah moment!
With thanks to #Booksirens for the ARC.
J.S. Ellis
Dec 10, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Robyn
Etta
Jan 06, 2021

• The Year of the Witching
  • Hang Ten Australian Cozy Mystery Boxed Set: Books 1 - 3
  • Dream Chaser (Dream Team, #2)
  • Dusty's Tracks (The Devil's Armada MC, #1.5)
  • An Aces Christmas (The Aces' Sons)
  • Black Danube: A Leo Katz Mystery (Leo Katz Mysteries Book 1)
  • Out of the Storm (Buckhorn, Montana, #1)
  • The Ordshaw Vignettes Vol. 1
  • Mr. Dickens and His Carol
  • Only a Promise (The Survivors' Club, #5)
  • Her Infernal Name & Other Nightmares
  • The Savior: A Novel
  • The Devolution of Us
  • Prime Suspect: A Psychological Thriller With A Twist You Won’t See Coming
  • Black Hollow
  • The Secret in Sandcastles (A Poppy Creek Novel, #3)
  • The Meaning in Mistletoe (Poppy Creek, #4)
  • Craving Cecilia (The Aces' Sons, #6)
J.S Ellis is a thriller author. She has a degree in creative writing, English literature, and digital marketing. She lives in Malta with her fiancé and their fur baby Eloise. When she’s not writing or reading, she’s either cooking, eating cheese and chocolate, or listening to good music and enjoying a glass of wine or two.

You can Stalk J.S Ellis at