Start by marking “Chroma” as Want to Read:
Chroma

Oscar Wenman-Hyde

Chroma

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
When Riley watched Chroma, the latest movie by Armani Manora, he had no idea how much his life was about to change. Riley's parents, Jean and Paul, are currently getting divorced, and they have managed to keep the situation hidden from Riley, until now.

They were unaware of the effects this was having on Riley's emotional and mental well-being, and as tensions rose at scho
Published September 18th 2020 by Self published

To ask other readers questions about Chroma, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chroma

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Chroma
Stephanie Jane
See more of my book reviews on my blog, Literary Flits

Chroma is a child's-eye portrayal of the effects of divorce on a precociously imaginative eight-year-old child, Riley. The novel clearly depicts how adults attempting to hide family disruption for the sake of the child can easily backfire. Riley is only too aware that his parents are splitting up but his mother's inability to discuss this with him results in the boy getting misleading information from playground conversations instead and leap
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Chroma by Oscar Wenman-Hyde is a story that shows us what divorce looks like through the eyes of a child and their imagination too.
We meet Riley and 8 year old boy, whose parents are in the throes of divorcing, but attempt to keep this away from him. Riley himself knows there has been a change and it scares him as well as confusing him. Riley loves Armani Manora’s sci-fi films and is dying to watch his latest release Chroma. his mither Jean, realises herself he shouldn't be watching films aimed
Jessica Belmont
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review:
I wanted to read Chroma by Oscar Wenman-Hyde as soon as I saw the cover. It just looked so intriguing, but I didn’t know how how moving it would be. The story explores divorce through the eyes of a child.
I love the perspective shifts. The writing is really captivating. Once I began reading, there was no setting it down. The emotions were there and the characters felt realistic.
I really enjoyed the ending. I like when authors take a chance and go for something different. I really enjoyed C

News & Interviews