Start by marking “Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

(Jane Jameson #1)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  21,447 ratings  ·  1,742 reviews
Maybe it was the Shenanigans gift certificate that put her over the edge. When children's librarian and self-professed nice girl Jane Jameson is fired by her beastly boss and handed twenty-five dollars in potato skins instead of a severance check, she goes on a bender that's sure to become Half Moon Hollow legend. On her way home, she's mistaken for a deer, shot, and left ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 355 pages
Published March 31st 2009 by Pocket Star

·  21,447 ratings  ·  1,742 reviews

Jilly
You all know that I'm a funny-whore. Not a whore that is funny. I'm too old to whore - nobody wants to buy what I'd be selling. It's the equivalent of buying a really really old used car. And not one of those classic cool older cars. More like one that was previously owned by a large family whose kids had incontinence problems, then a chain-smoking stunt man with incontinence problems, and then a gang who used it to do drive-bys while having incontinence problems. So, when I say I'm a funny-whor ...more
Amanda
Feb 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog, bloodsuckers
Sometimes I think there is a checklist being passed around among writers of vampiric fiction, a kind of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Vampire Fiction, if you will. If so, this novel ticks off the following standard hallmarks:

--two possible love interests (one noble and one a scrappy rogue) for our female vampire
--creation of a synthetic blood substitute so vampires don't have to kill to get sustenance
--the vampire community "coming out" while other supernatural creatures (werewolves, wit
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Audio Book Review

Regarding the Story:

Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs is the first book in Molly Harper’s Jane Jameson series, a cross between Contemporary and Paranormal Romance, with just a tiny hint of Chick-Lit.

Jane Jameson is an unemployed librarian and newly turned vampire, living in the quirky small town of Half Moon Hollow. Vampires have been ‘out of the closet’ for a while now, and in this first book of the series, we follow Jane as she acclimates to her life as an undead.

There are plenty
Kat Kennedy
The little dot that sits on top of the i is called a 'tittle'. I don't know how I went through my entire life without this piece of information but I'm now planning to slip it into conversation somewhere.

Like this book could have been great but it's like the author wrote a perfect sentence and left out her tittles.

It's not that I actually had any expectations for this book. The title is Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs and it has a kind of trashy cover. I was really just impressed that it didn't stum
Tabs
Mar 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No
Shelves: vampires
Kat
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-1
This is quirky and adorable. Librarian Jane was minding her own business when an accident left her dying and an altruistic vampire bit her and changed her into one of the undead rather than allow her to perish. Molly Harper’s voice is hilarious, as is this cast of characters, from Jane’s kindergarten teacher friend Zev, to her ghost of a great aunt, to Gabriel, the vampire sire who has the hots for her and shows up at just the right times.

I loved Jane’s missteps as she struggles to navigate vam
Ian
Mar 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reread February 2017

All in the space of one day Jane Jameson is fired from her job as a librarian (receiving a $25 voucher to be used at Shenanigans as her severance), is shot by a drunk hunter who mistakes her for an eight-pointer buck, and becomes a vampire.

She wakes up three days later, with a thirst for blood, a bunch of super powers and some seriously zany characters both helping and hindering her in her first halting steps as a night dweller.

This is the second Molly Harper book I have read
Jenny (Reading Envy)
This book was a lot of fun, especially as an audiobook, and kept me company during a long drive to and from a conference in Tampa. Jane Jameson has one really bad day - she loses her job as a children's librarian, where she has been working in her home town in Kentucky, gets drunk, gets shot, and gets turned into a vampire. Now life is different and she has to navigate vampire culture in rural America, relationships with people who were her friends before her change, and avoiding her family. Oh ...more
Karla

4 Stars! Molly Harper writes the kind of humor I love and Amanda Ronconi's narration makes it even funnier!

Set in Half Moon Hollow, Kentucky, this quirky town breeds some of the most amusing characters. In Molly Harper's paranormal world, mankind is aware that vampires exist, and for the most part they are accepting, but not everyone.

Jane Jameson isn't having a good day, she just lost her job, and after being shot on her way home, she wakes to find out she is now one of the undead. Life just
Jenn *loves dragons and wolves*
This was a fun read that I got a kick out of.
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
I'm sorry. I just couldn't do it. Finish it, that is. The book just wasn't for me. Sucks, really, considering it had things that I normally like: sarcasm, sass, funny. However, I just couldn't take things serious. Or I couldn't take Jane serious. Also, I have a feeling that this type of humor just didn't work for me. At least not this time. I just didn't find it all that funny, and ended up skimming. AND there was way too much information. Way too much. It became quick boring. Plus, the male cha ...more
Wanda
Many of you who read my reviews regularly know that I am a devotee of urban fantasy and that I work in a library. The result of these two facts? When I read that there was an urban fantasy series that featured an unemployed children’s librarian who becomes a vampire, I absolutely had to give it a try! And I found it quite entertaining, too.

Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs owes quite a debt to the Sookie Stackhouse series, I think. Like Harris’ series, this one is set in a small town in the Southern S
Julie (jjmachshev)
Jul 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
If you prefer your vampires with loads of humor and chicklit style, then "Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs" by Molly Harper should be right up your alley. The author is a former humor columnist and is shows in the snark and hilarity that's part and parcel of this book.

Jane Jameson is almost as dull as her name. She's a book-loving librarian who lives just a few miles from her parents and whose dating life could be its own humor series. But nothing can compare to being fired, getting drunk, shot to de
Kara
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Nice Girls Don’t Have Fangs” is not lesfic; it’s a hilarious book about coming to terms with being a vampire in a world where vampires are known to exist, but are viewed with suspicion.

Jane Jameson, a twenty something librarian, is shot and killed by a drunk who mistakes her for a deer. Rather than allowing her to die permanently in such an embarrassing manner, Gabriel turns her into a vampire…one of the undead…not truly dead. As Jane tries to adjust to her new “life”, someone seems determined
FlibBityFLooB
This was a snarky, light-hearted paranormal book. I enjoyed the author's style and will be continuing the series. I liked how the author included snippets from the GUIDE FOR THE NEWLY UNDEAD book at the beginning of each chapter.

One of my favorite bits in this book takes place in Chapter 5. Jane, a brand new vampire, goes to visit her best friend to tell him what she has become. She is greeted with him repeatedly saying things like: "The power of Christ compels you" and violence. They take it
Krissys

Cover Rating:

Book Rating:

Buy This Book:

Lisa Kay
Jane’s Secret Unicorn Collection?

★★★✩ (This is a review of the audiobook.) The first in the Jane Jameson series is wonderfully narrated by Amanda Ronconi; she does the snarky inflection of Jane’s first person POV just right. I think the biggest problem I had with this book was I wasn’t in the mood for snarky. (I know, I know! But, it was on my iPod/Touch and I couldn't get to what I wanted.) Too bad. Maybe at another time. Ditto with continuing the series: maybe later. I know I like this author;
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
5 Stars:
I cannot remember laughing aloud as I did with Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs sense Dakota Cassidy. Molly Harper is hysterically funny with one of the best comic heroes I have met in a long time. I love MH’s writing it is quick and witty, and the humor never seems forced. The secondary characters are engaging and funny, and the Southern culture and stereotypes add color to the book.

My absolute favorite and will read again and again. I strongly recommend! It has outstanding qualities. The c
Veronica Belmont
Apr 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, humor
I was worried, like many others, that this would be a blatant Sookie Stackhouse rip-off. I'm sure the author gets that a lot, and frankly, it's undeserved. This book (I listened in audio form) is filled with wry humor and a fun new take on the vampire coming-of-age story. Jane Jameson is a likable and relatable heroine, in many ways reacting far more convincingly to vampires in her world than the Bellas and Sookies.

As far as fun Summer reading goes, this series is off to a good start for me!
Mandi Schreiner
Dec 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Jane Jameson gets mistaken for a deer by a drunk guy and ends up a vampire – not quite the way she pictured her life to turn out. Jane lives in a small town and for the most part lives a small life. She loves working in the library, loves her old house that her aunt Jettie bequeathed to her in her will. She hasn’t had much of a love life, but her best friend Zeb keeps her company and her dog Fitz (named after Darcy Fitzwilliam – I heart her already!) is the joy in her life.

So after being fired f
Aly is so frigging bored
Main characters:
Jane Jameson
Gabriel, Jane’s sire
Zeb, her friend
Richard "Dick" Cheney

What I Liked: This is a comedy and, in a way, also a parody of all the vampire books out there. Jane, as you saw in the blurb is an honest to God librarian. She suffers an untimely accident and to keep her from dying Gabriel changes her into a vampire. After this she tries to adapt to the life, and for us, the readers, is hilarious. The writer has a tongue-in-cheek style that is very attractive. I loved “The Gu
Catherine
Lakshmi C
Sep 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I have heard lovely things about this book and I started it with Great Expectations...Then I had a strange reading experience .

What I liked :

Jane
Jane was a librarian who got turned in a very embarassing manner. She loved, books, trivia, pizza and her dog Fitz.
Her family was eccentric and interesting, her dad was a supportive professor, her mother was a Savant at being passive aggressive, she had the sister from hell and she was closest to her Aunt Jettie.

Gabriel
He was Jane's sire, patient, prop
Theshrewedshrew
Feb 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh my god. I think I oughta rate this book, in how many times I have fallen out of my chair thus far. So far 2 times.

1 the movie. Her life flashing before her eyes.

2 the keys was me.

3 the black widow.

4 the only reason bob wants to marry grandmother is he realizes its a form of legal assisted suicide.

5 have you tried not being a vampire.

6 oh yeah... Dick Cheney

After i layed down last night and truly got reading I died laughing from a ton of things. Just most were at the first half of the boo
Dani Jade
When I first discovered Goodreads, 4 years ago now, Molly Harper’s The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires was among the first books I added to my ‘Want To Read’ list and it is currently the oldest book still remaining on there. I discovered that was a spin-off series to this one, and took place later, so I should read this one first. Now I have finally done so (or started to, there’s obviously more books in the series).

It was a bit silly and extremely cliche, let’s be honest, and Jane was a lit
Jess
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for_review
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: 4.5 stars

So much fun – that’s what I kept thinking reading this first book in the Jane Jameson series by Molly Harper. Jane is a typical single female, but her worst day ever starts out the story. She’s let go from her job as a librarian, she gets drunk later that night at bar. On her way home, her car breaks down, she gets out to walk only to trip and fall into ditch, only to then be shot by a drunk who mistook her for a deer. A man she met
JW
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Small town librarian, Jane Jameson, loses her job and her life all in one day. Three days later she awakens as a vampire. Besides trying to figure out how she’ll come out to her passive aggressive dysfunctional family, attempting to find a new job, and dating her sexy new sire, Jane struggles to survive; because someone is out to get her.

Although the ending was predictable, the story was quick and fun. Jane’s family really got on my nerves and there were several instances when I wanted her to s
Lexie
The very top of the first page of the first chapter I found a quote I wanted to use. I figured 'Haven't done it before, but hell why not? This deserves it!' and marked (with a post-it tab) it and moved on to read more. Within ten pages I found another two quotes. Before I hit chapter 5 I had more neon post-it tabs sticking out of my book then a Las Vegas casino sign has lights. That's when I gave up keeping track and just kept reading. Jane is hilarious. I know she comments that she wasn't so sp ...more
Merve Özcan
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vampirler insanlar tarafından biliyor. Walmart ta onların ihtiyaçlarına hizmet eden özel bölümler bile var. Gerçekten ilginç ;)

Jane kütüphaneci olduğu işinden kovulduğu gün bir geyik ile karıştırılıp vuruluyor. Ölmek üzereyken seksi bir vampir olan Gabriel geliyor ve ona hayatını değiştirecek bir seçenek sunuyor.

3 gün sonra Jane bir vampir olarak uyanıyor ve yeni hayatına alışmaya çalışırken tavana tırnakları ile tutunuyoyor, en iyi arkadaşını ısırmaktan son anda geri dönüyor. Üstüne üstlük bir
Jessica B
Not bad! Pretty funny in parts and overall it was pretty enjoyable. I liked the characters even if the plot was lacking a little bit.

Jane was turned into a vampire after gettign shot by a drunk hunter. Right after that I knew I was going to love her. She was a hoot most of the time. Watching her deal with her vampirism and come to terms with it was somewhat inspiring.

Gabriel our hero was a little over protective of his "child" (being Jane) and it was kind of cute. Although we got to see anothe
  • The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart #1)
  • Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1)
  • Dead and Dateless (Dead End Dating, #2)
  • Real Vampires Have Curves (Glory St. Clair, #1)
  • Hex Appeal (Hex #2)
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • Confessions of a Vampire's Girlfriend (Ben and Fran, #1-2)
  • Bit the Jackpot (Vegas Vampires, #2)
  • Dead Sexy (Garnet Lacey, #2)
My mother remembers an 8-year-old me setting up my “writing office” in our living room by putting her old manual typewriter on the couch next to a toy phone. And I (very slowly) pecked out the story of my third-grade class taking a trip around the world and losing a kid in each city.

I had a dark sense of humor, even then.

In high school, when other girls my age were writing poems about dying unicor

Jane Jameson (4 books)
  • Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)
  • Nice Girls Don't Live Forever (Jane Jameson, #3)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
“I am your sire. I am to guide you through your first days as a vampire. Your first feeding is a rite of passage, a sacrament. It will not be wasted on some hormone-driven frenzy. This is why I wanted you to feed from me.”
“I will not drink it in a house, I will not drink it with a mouse. I will not drink it here or there, I will not drink it anywhere,” I wheezed, hoping I was able to communicate adequate sarcasm through the crippling belly cramps.
“Did you just quote Green Eggs and Ham?”
160 likes
“If you want to hurt me fine. Take my books. Burn down my house. Shave my head while I'm sleeping. But nobody nobody screws with my dog.” 83 likes