Start by marking “The Princess of Nothing (The Fate of Crowns, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Princess of Nothing (The Fate of Crowns, #2)

The Princess of Nothing

(The Fate of Crowns #2)

Run. Hide. Pray for escape.

Racing down the winding streets of Imperia, my only hope of reclaiming my throne is to escape. Unfortunately, that means returning to the one place I truly fear—Berovia.

My fears—it seems—were justified. In the dark underbelly of Berovia, I am captured by King Xenos’s men and thrown into the pits with traitors and criminals to pray for salvation I
Published February 2nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Princess of Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess of Nothing

Start your review of The Princess of Nothing (The Fate of Crowns, #2)
Lucie V.
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley (thank you Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op). All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The first half of the book is not too bad. Winter shows some growth, and she feels remorse because she betrayed her friends. Because of everything that happened in the first book, she also seems to be more open-minded, which is a good improvement.

Sadly, the last part of the book was a letdown. Winter’s decisions annoyed me, it’s as if she reverted back to the spoilt and
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

After devouring the previous book, I was definitely excited to dive into this sequel. That being said The Princess of Nothing was interesting in it's own way but definitely had some anticlimactic parts to it as well. For example, I knew there was something odd about Cedric in the first book so it wasn't a shock or anything when something was revealed about him.

Then there's Winter who seems to make terrible decisions all ove
Julie - One Book More
Shelves: ya, fantasy
The second book in The Fate of Crowns series picks up where the first book left off. Winter must flee her home and seek refuge in the most unlikely of places. Captured and imprisoned by King Xenos, Winter suffers unimaginably before she is freed by the King’s son.

Winter is offered a way to reclaim her throne – marry the prince of Berovia. Winter knows that the lives of her people will be irrevocably changed if she agrees to the union. However, she is determined to become queen. Is there a way fo
Nite0wl29
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-reads
Still waiting for my heart to catch up with my whirling thoughts. My heart still feels like it was tossed in a blender and set to purée. But holy crap, what a ride!! That’s what I call a sequel!

I loved everything about this book. Winter has grown so much since we last saw her at the end of Crowns. I’m so proud of her!! But my heart also aches for her as her own heart continues to be pulled in all directions: I mean that in more ways than one.

The battle between Winter and her cousin Edgar was a
Andrea Morgan -Bookaholic Sisters blog
A completely enthralling continuation of an absolutely fantastic fantasy series, Rebecca L Garcia has created a wonderfully captivating world that you will never want to leave!

The Princess Of Nothing Starts off exactly where we left off at the dramatic end of The Fate Of Crowns. Now we follow Winter as she embarks on her fight for her crown.

"I am the queen of Magaelor, and I am going to reclaim my throne"

But the path is far from easy , and war is inevitable!

"War was coming, and I had to be my k
Books+Coffee=Happiness Blog
Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The saga continues as Winter fights for throne, her people, and struggles with the desires of her heart.

Book one hooked me, and the second installment in this fantastic series is no different. Intrigue, battles, love, and more fill the pages of The Princess of Nothing. If you're ready to begin an epic journey fraught with danger, death, and love, you can't go wrong with The Fate of Crowns series.

Winter fights for what she believes in, and will stop at nothing to reclaim her crown. Change is in t
Raphaela ofstarsandnightmares
Ooff... I’m so overwhelmed right now, I don’t even know where to begin. I have been waiting so eagerly for this sequel and my expectations have not been disappointed.

After the showdown in the first book and with no allies, Winter is forced to leave her Kingdom and hide amongst her enemies. But the next obstacle is not long in coming and winter must make a momentous decision — or several.

I loved how Winter grows with her obstacles, turning her to a strong and determined fighter driven by revenge
Rebecca
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Intense in Epic Fantasy Proportions!
Book one laid the groundwork book 2 is page-flipping action! This sequel is intense and emotional from page one. There's growth and development in the characters, relationships, and plot. Super easy to read seamless flow and perfect pace. The world-building continues to be incredible. It is one of those stories that you become immersed in because of the vivid imagery. It's so much more than words on a page. And yes there may have been tears... There are still
Carla Sosa
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! She has done it again! The Princess of Nothing is Amazing and possibly better than the Fate of Crowns. It's so good that I read this book in 3 hours. I love how in this series at some point you will have to sit at the edge of your seat! The battle was beautifully written. We get to see some new characters and some new lands. Also revisit some characters we already know ;) Get ready to experience Romance, heartbreak, Love, and friendship! Can't wait to read book 3!(Book 3 title was revea ...more
Erika
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs-earcs
Garcia’s The Princess of Nothing picks up where The Fate of Crowns left off. Magaelor is thrown into unrest because of Edgar’s unstable rule and Winter is far from everyone she loves. I loved continuing Winter’s story. She showed great progression and strength throughout this second installment in the series.

“𝐼’𝓂 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓊𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒶 𝑀𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝓊𝓃𝒶. 𝒪𝓊𝓇 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝒸𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓇𝓊𝓁𝑒.”

She realizes that if she wants things to change, she has to take matters into
Anna
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
~I received a copy from victory editing through netgalley~
This was a pretty good sequel! I'd like to note that in the first part of the novel, like 1/4 through while Winter was traveling, the dialogue between her and her traveling companions seemed quite forced and not written very naturally to me, which I mean you write depending on the situation, but it just seemed written a little odd to me, especially because the dialogue throughout the rest of the novel is perfectly fine.
Aside from that I
Evelyn Jane Thorne
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Princess of Nothing is the second book in The Fate of Crowns Series by Rebecca L. Garcia. The story begins with Winter fleeing from her home in Magaelor and escaping to the place she fears the most… Berovia. Winter must now wait until she can safely return to Magaelor in order to secure her rightful place as Queen. Unfortunately it isn’t going to be as easy as she thought it would be

I didn’t think that it was possible to love this series even more than I already did but I was so wrong. I abs
Chelsea
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca Garcia you have made an enchanting world that I want to read more about. I finished The Princess of Nothing within 2 days and absolutely enjoyed it. I almost prefer the 2nd book over the 1st. Throughout reading the story I felt like I was given the right about of information to understand what was going on without tons of "fluff" that wasn't needed. Winter the main character has grown since the last book. She tries to stay strong for Magaelor and wants to right the wrongs of her family t ...more
Gracienne Standen
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was even better than the first. Winter's character growth was fantastic to see. I appreciated that she had to be strong to be a ruler but it was so human to see her struggle with anxiety and guilt and the pressures she faced.

I can feel how torn she is with her love interests and I enjoyed seeing their characterisations in this story. I have my favourite and look forward to seeing what happens next and hoping for my endgame.

I love the world building and the descriptions of things are so
For_The_Love_Of_Books_87
I really enjoyed book one but this book was even better, by a lot. It was everything I hoped the sequel would be that I created a new shelf for it.
The romance in this book was heightened by a million times from the first book and I was here for it. I am team Blaise no matter what. Cedric is a great character but I just can't see them ending up together because they are so different and Blaise and Winter have this deep connection they get eachother and I ship them hard.

The action in this book w
Ahri
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh. my. GOD. What a GREAT second book to the series 'The Fate of Crowns'. Very rarely do I read the second book of a series and am just as enthralled with the story as I was in the first book. This book is an exception. :)

I feel that we see Winter really grow more into herself and just stay true to how her character was in the first book. She just has that concise and clear personality that I loved and to see it carried through in the second book was just so lovely. Winter is the same girl, but
books are love
Feb 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for an honest review.

This book picks up where the first left off. If you haven’t read the first book this one will not make a lick of sense.

Winter is on the run and trying to find a way to take her kingdom back from her cousin. She is hiding in Berovia for a bit while trying to make amends and ease her conscious. I love how the elves are with her. They forgive but don’t trust and Winter learns a hard lesson there.

Cedric is with Winter the whole way. You can see his feelings
Lozzie
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Princess of Nothing was a knockout of a read! I fell in love with another world, and the challenges that Winter faced.

This book literally took me to another world, where this world was full of love, of hate, of betrayal, friendship and war. It was such an exciting read, and I loved the growth that Winter made throughout.

This book was thrilling and exciting. It was well written and I could not help but be addicted to the story. I am falling very quickly in love with this series, and i am so exc
Linda Hamonou
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second part of The Fate of Crowns.
This time, Winter is escaping Magaelor to go back later. Obviously, things don't go quite as planned.
Winter is having a lot of trouble getting things done. She always make plans that never work, always goes places and waste time for no reason at all, but is always sure that she is doing the right thing. I think it quite funny.
She is very often insufferable and I'm pretty convinced that if she wasn't a princess, guys wouldn't be falling for he
Margolynn
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is part of a series and alls I can say is wow just wow. The first books were as captivating and intriguing as this this one. Captured and given only one way out she must choose to marry the kings son whom she has no love for or stay in the pits. But if she agrees to the marriage her people could loose their magic and be forced to life under King Xenos’s rule if she dies then her cousin Edgers rule which isn’t any better she must fight to safe her self and her people. Amazing characters band ...more
Basic
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Princess of Nothing is book 2 in the Fate Of Crowns series. It is a YA fantasy and must be read in order.

Picking up where we left off from Fate of Crowns, Miss Winter Mortis is on the run, and following suit, we get to get immersed in heightened action and non stop excitement.

Winter is in for a real heart stopping adventure. Full of prisons, torture, crowns, mer-people, love and lust, magic and war, Princess of Nothing is one heck of a excitement rollercoaster!
Sophie Koufes
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Princess Of Nothing (The Fate Of Crowns Book #2) is the continuation of the most captivating & epic ya high fantasy series. As Winter continues to embark on her journey to gain her crown as the rightful heir adventure escapades continue. Fabulous vividly detailed world building continues. Seamlessly flowing and perfect pace to read. Rebecca L. Garcia interweaves adventure, betrayal, friendships, heartache, love, loyalty and perilous moments into a heart-pounding suspenseful read. The ending ...more
Micheala

ARC received from The Next Step PR. Voluntarily reviewing and all opinions are objective and my own.

I was cautious getting into this one, for my dislike of the first book. I wanted to like it, but I found it too boring. But this one...this one is anything but!!! Holy crap, this is fantastic!!

It was slow for the first 20is percent, but once it hit that mark it took off and I read it across two sittings. The political, royal war and politics is so intriguing as the character works toward her cro
Penny Riley
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another Five Star read!!
What an amazing adventure as Winter continues on her quest to regain her stolen Kingdom from her cousin Edgar. Winter is aided in her mission by the two men who hold her emotions Cedric and Blaise. This is the second installment which has many twists and turns and I’m can hardly wait to see the thrilling ending to Winters tale of becoming Queen. Rebecca Garcia continues to enchant the reader through her inside magical world of Winter Mortis.
Kellyann
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An epic dark fantasy. This is the second book in the series and you need to read book 1 first. This book picks up right where book 1 left off and is full of suspense. It’s so easy to get pulled in and I’m in love with Blaise and Cedric. I won’t spoil the fun but seriously this books rocks!!
Alicia Harrietha
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to be completely gutted and captivated in book two of the Fate Of Crowns Series. The princess of Nothing is truly a work of art. Winter must flee her home in order to return as Queen some day and take her crown back from her cousin. However the journey Winter faces while struggling to get her crown back is not an easy road. She had to ask forgiveness from her friends, trust those she was taught to hate and survive death many times. Winter is so strong and unwavering in her beliefs it’s a ...more
Julie Rainforth
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rebecca did not disappoint. In this installment, Winter has plenty to deal with. Loves and loses, adventures and intrigues. There's lots going on and yet there's plenty more to come. There has to be. It can't end there. I can't wait for the next book. ...more
Meghan
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

This book reminded me a lot of A Court of Fire and Ruins and Red Queen. Being in an arranged marriage and captured by the kingsmen threatened for your magic and life unless you marry the prince. One event after the other just made this book all the more interesting to read and this is definitely a step in the right direction
Candy Smith
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing adventurous continuation of a Princess trying to save her people and her Kingdom. The story picks up where book one left off as Winter flees her home in search of way to save her Kingdom from the rule of her cousin who threatens to destroy their way of life and ancestral beliefs. We see Winter's character development more in this story as she's met with tramatic challenges that affect her emotionally while she still must weave the intricacies of politics. The world building of this ...more
Amelia Pluck
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow just WOW! I already loved the first 2 books (the prequel Ruin and book 1 The Fate of Crowns) but this was even BETTER! The young Winter is learning her heart & her crown come with pain & decisions that must be made. The pace is well laid out and the events all come in time with breathers in-between just like in our lives. The outcome of the war may not be what everyone expected and now we must wait to see what the unexpected darkness may do or already has done...

• A Trial of Sorcerers (A Trial of Sorcerers, #1)
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • An Heir Comes to Rise (An Heir Comes to Rise, #1)
  • Kiss the Fae (Vicious Faeries, #1)
  • The Stolen Kingdom
  • Divine Blood (Guardians of the Maiden, #1)
  • The Stray Prince (Royals #2)
  • House of Bastiion (The Haidren Legacy, #1)
  • The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Of Goblins and Gold (Of Goblin Kings, #1)
  • The Descent of the Drowned (The Descent of the Drowned, #1)
  • Court of Bitter Thorn (The Fae of Bitter Thorn, #1)
  • Enchanting the Elven Mage (Kingdom of Lore, #1)
  • Make You Beg
  • A Deal with the Elf King (Married to Magic, #1)
  • Gild (The Plated Prisoner, #1)
  • The Heir and the Spare
  • Castle of Bitter Thorn (The Fae of Bitter Thorn, #2)
Rebecca lives in San Antonio, Texas, with her husband and son. Originally from England, you can find her drinking tea, writing new worlds, and designing covers. She writes young adult fantasy. She devoured every book she was given and fell in love with magical worlds, and when she got older, her imagination grew with her. She implements royalty into her books because she adores historical monarchi ...more

The Fate of Crowns (3 books)
  • The Fate of Crowns (The Fate of Crowns, #1)
  • The Court of Secrets (The Fate of Crowns, #3)