Start by marking “Witch vs. Witch” as Want to Read:

Witch vs. Witch

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  12 reviews
ebook
Published January 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about Witch vs. Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch vs. Witch

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Witch vs. Witch
Rachael DK
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story was better than I anticipated, knowing his writing from before. This author has unique stories that blend emotion, magic, and music. It’s original and magical, but it's comfortably familiar with the use of scenes that any one of us could imagine ourselves in. I identified with the character Farrah as I'm also an outcast from a religious family, plus I carry my own mystical ideology and love for nature. The dialogue, descriptive writing, the right momentum, diverse characters, and an i ...more
Eva Alton
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fun! An urban fantasy filled with magic and some "lovers to enemies to lovers" romance between the daughter of a scary lawyer/witch and a hippie green witch (hedge witch?) who must join forces to save the world on their very own. A quick read with lots of popular culture references which add realism to the story. ...more
M.E. Aster
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
After reading and falling in love with the Lady Dreamscapes series, I was so excited for this novella and Merkel doesn’t disappoint. He brings us another amazing story featuring incredible female leads that I’m both in love with and also want to be all at once.

Sirena and Farrah were both amazing characters. I loved them both from the word go and I was impressed how effortlessly Merkel crafted these woman and wove their lives together.

Everything about this story was impeccably done, from the ed
Halo Scot
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WOW! YES! GET IT! READ IT! INHALE IT!

It’s no secret that I’m a massive fan of the LADY DREAMSCAPES series (HER NAME IS MURDER and LONDON CALLING), and so I say, as a Merkel zealot, that I believe this is the author’s best work. He started brilliant and just gets better and better. This story shines with his unique, on-brand blend of emotion, empathy, magic, and music. It’s so sharp, so expertly written, and so, so, so addictive. I read this book in one sitting, barely breathing, and forgot to ea
Elizabeth Holland
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a book. I loved how the story had so much energy, and imagination leapt out at you from every page. Having read Merkel's Her Name is Murder I was pleased to see that Witch vs. Witch also referenced cars and music. These passions shone through and only added to the story.

The plot focuses on two female witches, both yielding their own unique powers. They find themselves lost in a fight to save the world, but are they on the same team? Their attraction and love for each other grows but a
Anya Pavelle
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Witch vs. Witch is an amazingly fun and touching novella….with a hefty dose of the apocalypse. A. C. Merkel’s books are hard to pigeonhole because they fall into many genres. On one hand, this is an urban fantasy novel or one that can be classified as magical realism. On the other, it’s a beautiful romance I cheered for. Let’s not forget the musical references that give the book a hip character.

At the core of things, Witch vs. Witch focuses mostly on two women. The first is Farrah, a powerful a
Ash Knight
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AC Merkel has done it again, but this time with a bit more edge and magic!

In this magical romantasy (romantic fantasy) two women who are very different in nature and background, find each other to have quite a bit in common... their both witches. The devastating part is that they have been pitted against each other, but the sparks of lust fly hotly between them.

There was never a dull moment between Farrah and Sirena as far as saving the world goes. Merkel definitely shows off his skills in this
Kelly Miller
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An exciting, engaging Novella!

There is so much to enjoy in this novella: The colorful characters, the southern setting, the musical elements, and the clever writing that is a trademark of this author. Farrah and Sirena have an instant connection, but are they fated to be on opposite sides? And what about Sirena's controlling mother Ava? Is she good or evil?

Although this story is entirely different from Mr. Merkel's first two books, it is no less compelling and uniquely his. This LBGT romantic fa
Michele Quirke
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a fun story!

Witch vs. Witch is a novella with so much to offer! Enemies to lovers, awesome music & pop culture references, a fight to save the world from the apocalypse, two seriously awesome main characters, AND magic! What's not to love about all that?

I think my favorite thing about this book is the characters, especially Farrah. She was such a fun character with some seriously cool magical abilities! She was a great contrast to Sirena and the two were a pleasure to get to know!

This is r
Vicky
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun read.

It had everything I've come to love and expect from AC Merkel's writing after devouring the Lady Dreamscapes series: an urban setting, cars, music and magic.

The f/f romance had a great enemies to lovers vibe with flawed characters who were called out on their actions, sexy moments and strong dialogue. I loved the contrast between the 2 MCs and all the thoughtful touches like the types of elemental magic amongst the characters.

If you love fast, addictive reads, Suits,
Coco.V
Feb 28, 2021
S.P. O'Farrell
Mar 06, 2021
A.C. Merkel
Dec 04, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Aղցela W.
Jessie
added it
Feb 27, 2021

• The Searching Songbird (The Shendri Series, #2)
  • The Garden of Stone Houses
  • The Marked Princess (The Shendri Series, #1)
  • Three Halves of a Whole
  • New Men: Bonds of Brotherhood
  • A Beauty So Cruel (Beauty & The Beast, #1)
  • Shadow-Stained (Stones of Power #1)
  • Elegy of the Void (Rift Cycle, #4)
  • Eye of the Brave  (Rift Cycle, #3)
  • The Gravity of Shooting Stars