Start by marking “Pharmacology for Nursing Care” as Want to Read:
Pharmacology for Nursing Care

Pharmacology for Nursing Care

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  170 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Always a student favorite, Pharmacology for Nursing Care offers a clear approach explaining drug prototypes and how they work. It provides the background needed to understand related drugs currently on the market, as well as drugs yet to be released. In simplifying a complex subject, this text focuses on the essentials of pharmacology. Large print is used to show "need-to- ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 1376 pages
Published June 1st 2006 by Saunders (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Pharmacology for Nursing Care, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pharmacology for Nursing Care

Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school
So, I am about two weeks out from finishing my pharmacology class. This book makes the material quite readable. Of course it's dry and the material is daunting, but come on guys, it's pharmacology!

I really like this book. It presents the material in a way that is easy to follow (well as easy as it can be) and I appreciate his little side notes when he wants to let you know something is really important.

I'm not sure if we'll be using this book next quarter as well (I'm taking a second pharm cour
If I have to read these monstrous texts i'm going to bloody well count them towards the number of books I read in 2012. Though this one counts as 10 books, right? It certainly weighs as much!
Information is clear and concise, giving you the bits you need to know in obvious, large print, and then the finer details or further reading in finer print.
Evie Kenepp
Oct 17, 2008 rated it really liked it
for a textbook, it ain't bad. he puts the stuff you don't actually need to read in really small print, so its easy to just skip over it. he also is up front about rules and policies that are stupid by simply stating this is the way it is, and yes, it is stupid. a little humor is nice for a change.
Other than the fact that I was forced to read all 100+ chapters of this book in one semester, it is actually a really good resource. Also, I love it dearly for its description of yawngasm associated with the antidepressant Anafranil. Yeah!
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
So much information it made my head hurt. The gratification from figuring it out made it all worthwhile- Or maybe it was my oddly attractive way-too-old professor who made it worthwhile!
May 17, 2014 added it
I cannt read it. Is this a god damn joke? shit!
Feb 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Excellent, excellent resource for clear, concise explanations regarding pharmacological treatments along with pathophysiology, so you can really understand how the drug works. This is a great book.
Jun 17, 2008 is currently reading it
Yes, it's for school. If I put it in here, I may actually read it like I'm supposed to. . . . . .
Mary Latendresse
Jan 15, 2016
May 02, 2015
Mara Joy
Dec 22, 2014
Sarah Betzner
rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2015
Rebar Fakhr
Oct 23, 2013
Apr 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Medical-Surgical Nursing (Single Volume): Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
  • Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses
  • Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach
  • Fundamentals of Nursing: Concepts, Process, and Practice
  • Physical Examination and Health Assessment [With CDROM]
  • Brunner and Suddarth's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
  • Pathophysiology: The Biologic Basis for Disease in Adults And Children
  • The Friendly Book (Big Little Golden Book)
  • Kozier & Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing
  • Agatha Christie Crime Collection: The Mysterious Affair at Styles / Ten Little Niggers / Dumb Witness
  • Concise Rules of APA Style