Start by marking “Billions of Beautiful Hearts” as Want to Read:
Billions of Beautiful Hearts

Billions of Beautiful Hearts

Wen Devante is Insta famous with a massive following and a flare for fashion. At almost 18, they have already published a book on gender nonconformity, released several songs on Spotify and appeared on television. During the first wave of Covid-19 lockdown, they reach out to an unsuspecting Kaye, one of their 2.3 million followers. The two form a bond, first through Instag ...more
ebook
Published February 9th 2021 by Duet Books, the YA imprint of Interlude Press

To ask other readers questions about Billions of Beautiful Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billions of Beautiful Hearts

Start your review of Billions of Beautiful Hearts
Althea
This second short story in the "Come What May" short story series was an absolute joy to read! As a nonbinary person in a relationship with another nonbinary person, it made me so happy to see a YA nonbinary love story that is just so full of happiness and hope and I had a smile on my face the whole time I read it! I really hope this short story gets into the hands of those who need it most (aka nonbinary and questioning teens) as it's something I would have loved to get my hands on when I was y ...more
Jim Dean
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
(Thanks to Duet for NetGalley approval, which didn't influence the way I felt about this book.)

Kaye is shocked when Wen - an Insta celebrity they're a huge fan of - reaches out to them over the internet during the 2020 Covid-19 lockdown. The two non-binary teens grow closer over the following months in this gorgeous short, despite not being able to meet in person due to the lockdown.

This is the only YA I've read so far that deals with COVID-19 and it's going to be hard to improve on it! It's a s
Shannon
I swore I wasn't going to read any books set during the current pandemic, but when an author you like announces they're writing a novella as part of a series, how can you resist? I couldn't, so here I am!
Billions of Beautiful Hearts was a sweet, quick little read that had me smiling. It's the story of two teens, one famous, one not, who are dealing with the forced isolation as best they can. I thought it was cute the way they connected and got to know each other- social media has been a bit of a
Charlotte
I was fortunate enough to be offered an ARC of the new short story by Kevin Craig… "Billions of Beautiful Hearts". Let me say, this was exactly what my COVID-lock-down-brain needed!

Interlude Press is featuring Kevin's story as one of four being released for COME WHAT MAY: A month of short stories during the month of February. I have included a link to the publisher below so you can pick up the stories.

The main character, Kaye awakens one morning to find that Instagram-famous Wen has liked one of
Morgan
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you, Netgalley, for this digital ARC. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and unbiased.

This was a sweet little romantic YA LGBTQ story/novella set in during the pandemic. The main character, Kaye, and their love interest, Dev, are both nonbinary. I always enjoy stories that feature modern technology as a part of the plot. I find it roots it more realistically in the current moment, and with the pandemic it seems technology would be an unavoidable intermediary.

The story itself
Kerry Craven
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Such a lovely story for young people. I will definitely recommend.
Jacqui Morrison
Feb 13, 2021
Alex Helm
Feb 05, 2021
Kevin Craig
Dec 04, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
added it
Feb 09, 2021
C. McIntosh
Feb 10, 2021

• And Always Coming Back (Come What May)
  • Girl with a Pearl Earring
  • Detransition, Baby
  • The Membranes
  • Bad Habits
  • Ex-Girlfriend of My Ex-Girlfriend: Advice on Queer Dating, Love, and Friendship
  • The Dead and the Dark
  • Witch, Cat, and Cobb
  • Snow Angels: A Short Story
  • Let's Get Back to the Party
  • Elatsoe
  • It Came From the Sky
  • Blazewrath Games (Blazewrath Games, #1)
  • Freshers
  • Queen of Coin and Whispers
  • Belle Révolte
  • Kerb Stain Boys
  • Eden Summer
Kevin is the author of seven novels: SUMMER ON FIRE (MuseItUp Publishing, 2011),SEBASTIAN'S POET (Musa Publishing, 2012), THE REASONS (Musa Publishing, 2013), BURN BABY BURN BABY (Curiosity Quills Press, 2014), HALF DEAD AND FULLY BROKEN (Curiosity Quills Press, 2015), PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE (MuseItUp Publishing, 2018), and THE CAMINO CLUB (Duet Press/Interlude Press, 2020).

Kevin is a 5-time winner