Start by marking “Between Cases (The City Between, #7)” as Want to Read:
Between Cases (The City Between, #7)

Between Cases

(The City Between #7)

G’day. I’m still here. Still Pet.

Well, I’m only two thirds of a Pet these days, but you might as well call me Pet anyway. Everyone does: everyone but the vampire, that is.

Life is more unbalanced these days—cases are cutting closer to home than usual. I thought I was the only one, but there are others like me: kids whose parents were murdered just like mine. Stuff that neve
Published November 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Between Cases, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Cases

Start your review of Between Cases (The City Between, #7)
W.R. Gingell
Nov 25, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
welp this one nearly killed me so i hope you blokes enjoy it :D

cover is still incoming (don't know exactly when) but i'm ridiculously excited for everyone to read this one anyway!

preorder is happening now, pub date is November 30th!
Andrea
"Good grief. First Zero wandering around in nothing but a towel, and now JinYeong playing a Korean Lothario. What was next, Athelas wearing beach shorts?"

description

I'm just having too much fun with the dialogue going on!
So, things are seriously going down in this book-- we finally get some answers to some major questions, however, at the same time this leads to new problems and even more speculations.

But I have to say I'm still really loving the characters 7 books in, and I'm excited to see
Suzannah
prepare yourselves for SHOCKING REVELATIONS!
Tess
WHAT THE HECK

Y'all, stuff is HAPPENING and I am HERE FOR IT

Behind stuff, Sword stuff, Athelas stuff, Zero stuff, 'Zul stuff, JinYeong stuff, human stuff, PET STUFF.

WR Gingell, thanks for nearly dying over this one. I am frustrated and giddy and disappointed that I finished this in less than 3 hours and now I have to wait another several months for something else, but I truly loved this one.

(just gonna say that a certain character has come so far since book one and it makes me happy)

(also there
Hayden
Shelves: indies, fantasy
Oh man, y'all. the revelations. the romance (!?) the friendships. I AM REELING ...more
Lynn
Shelves: favorites, breathless
I've got such a buzz from this book, I think I accidentally ingested vampire spit!

I don't know how these books keep getting better, but somehow they do. And I LOVE it!

So many questions. Some answers, but mostly questions. Usually I hate that, but this series just has a way of pulling me in and making me not care how annoyed I'm getting at all the questions.

And there is a certain development in this book that I have suspected for a while and am very, very happy I am right about.

I feel simultaneou
Beka
Nov 27, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
*chuckles maniacally*
Gwen
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2020 the Year of the Brief review and...and "the most unused item in a household of the 2020 Quarantine is?? ..the Bra"

For WR Gingell's: Piece de Resistance, we have before us her latest book in a wonderfully charming series, what I like to call the "Great Reveal" or also known as "Between Abs"(insiders joke):

So, without giving to much away....OOOH it was so sweet.
Pet and ....sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G
(view spoiler)
["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"
Tricia Mingerink
Eeep! This book was so good! I meant to savor it and read a little bit each night, but I should have known better. I gobbled it up during an evening, staying up as late as I dared, then finishing the last bit off the next morning.

If you've been reading through this series, hoping for answers, this books gives a few answers. Sweet and terrible and suspenseful and well worth all the wait and twisty turny stuff that came before.

Of course, this book doesn't give all the answers. There are still fa
Kate Ramsey
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to need a day or two to recover, I think. I'll just be over there in the corner mulling things over for a while. ...more
Serenity
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much packed in this wonderful book

Some author’s lose the depth and storyline as they try to eek out more books in a series. For some they surely shook have just ended it a few books ago. Not this series. Book 7 brings about so many new and unexpected surprises that one can’t help but binge read Pet’s latest adventures and then eagerly sit back and wait for more. All the regulars are here both good and baddies and the adventure seems to just flow from page to page as it seems interests are cha
Cleveryulik
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Well, first of all i must say that W.R. Gingell once again made an amazing job! Thank u so much for this book. It was interesting, it was shocking, it was tense, it was a lot of things! So u better prepare yourself for a wonderful trip!
Second, i'm team JinYeong from book 2, and my shipper heart in this book was like on roller coaster: i was happy, then no, than happy again... And the ending: OMG, i need next book like right now:)))
I really rooting for a vampire for Pet, so little merman, please,
Hannah Osborn
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is killing me slowly and it's a testament to W.R. Gingell's writing that I'm enjoying the process of dying. She builds up anticipation and then doles out answers slowly with a relish that brings to mind a mischievous elf leaving little gifts scattered everywhere for the reader to find and then running off cackling. You're killing me, madam, and I must thank you for it.

Quick note: I also have this posted on Amazon under my pen name so no I'm not plagiarizing ;)
Roxcell
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need more....right Flaming now

This book was everything I swear!!!! We get information, and kisses and love and fights and I need the next one right now!!!!
Vintagebooklvr
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
4 1/2 stars. I do love this series. So many revelations, so many unanswered questions. So very funny moments. And some romance at last, but still very chaste. It didn't go in the way I was hoping but it was inevitable. I just wanted Pet have a little romance with someone else first. It was really funny how clueless Pet was.

Pet's growing up, she's not so naïve but she still wants to make a difference. She hasn't given up on her beliefs. She is also making a family for herself, of a type. And oth
Swalsk
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Egads! I've been waiting for this relationship. I like the two of them together best. I hope it develops. Sooooo good!! Side note: I'm always finding new words to discover while reading this series. I love it. ...more
Tiszka
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Jesus F Christ, now I need to wait months for next one T_T How would I live through that?
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

What the what ... I mean, that happened. THAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was said. I am all about that! More more more
Annie Lima
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome addition to the series! I loved this book, as I knew I would. It was fun watching the directions the characters' relationships took. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I'll just say I found them quite satisfying. Can't wait to see what happens from here and get a few more questions answered! ...more
Lavinia
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another great title! Loved the psychos and the character development in their relationship with Pet. We got to know some interesting tidbits, also. I'll be eagerly waiting for the next instalment of the series. ...more
Rebekah Gyger
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Gingell's book has kept me up late at night, finishing this book as soon as possible. And, once again, it's been like 2am when I get to the spooky bit. I would like to make some snarky comments on this, but it would give away what happens, and I'm not a snitch, *glares at everyone who keeps tattling on Pet*.

I think I may have to say that this book is my new favorite. It definitely has my new favorite line in the series. As for my ship...guys, it's making some real progress, inching i
Winter
Eeeeek!

Oh My Stars!!!!!!
Amazing.
So very happy! *cackles* What a perfect ending to a roller coaster of a book.🤩- Why must I wait so long for the next one!!!???😫 So very cruel, but also so very brilliant!!! *applause* -Ugh, I'm gonna need to read the series all over again before the next one! 😜
Cari Elliot
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very much emotion - and laughter

I just finished this book for the first time. And all I can really say is that I HAVE VERY MUCH EMOTION RIGHT NOW. So much growth. All the characters I love. I'm so pleased and warm in my chest. It's gonna be rough waiting for the next one.
Becca
IMPORTANT THINGS OCCURRED! And that's all you need to know. Prepare to be amazed. ...more
Laura Zach
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this book

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT WAS SO GOOD. My poor heart can’t take such amazingness. I’m telling you right here right now yalls have to read this book.
MeggoMyLeggo1226
Shelves: paranormal-uf
These books are just so dang cute. My only problem is I wish I had about 10 more to read already. I actually like the short 12-13 chapter format, but like, I’m desperate for more. More please.
Korina
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Noooooooooooooooooooo......
NO... NO...NO...NO...NO!
Why would you do that to me Ms. Gingell? WHY??????(I hope all is well with your family and health due to Covid..)
I absolutely Adore the Books and the characters and of course I am vested in JinYeong….
How could you leave me hanging like that????!!!!!
Please tell me this is not the end of the series… I will be devastated!
For all of you out there who haven’t yet read them, you don’t know what you are missing….
Che
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fae, werewolves, vampires
4.5 Stars

Candice Allen
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oi! Flamin fantastic!

Before reading this book, I reread all the prior books in the series and I found myself enjoying every minute of each. This one did not disappoint! Full of surprises, houses that eat people, a sweet little old lady with knitting needles... Along with uncovered memories for pet and a vampire who is reading romance novels in preparation to date a human... There was laughter and tears, this book gave me all the feels. I won't spoil it for you but I highly recommend reading thi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Crown of Moonlight (Court of Midnight and Deception #2)
  • The Heir and the Spare
  • The Queen's Crown (Court of Midnight and Deception #3)
  • The Werewolf of Whitechapel
  • A Sharpened Axe
  • Crown of Shadows (Court of Midnight and Deception #1)
  • Kingdom of Ruses
  • The Faceless Mage (Legends of Abreia, #1)
  • Mr. Pickwick's Guide to Marriageable Young Ladies
  • Blue Fire
  • Troll Queen (Elven Alliance, #4)
  • The Legendary Inge
  • The Unseen Heir (Legends of Abreia #2)
  • Dragon Chained (The Dragon of 23rd Street #1)
  • Dragon Hunted (The Dragon of 23rd Street #2)
  • Dragon Crowned (The Dragon of 23rd Street #3)
  • Subversive (Clandestine Magic, #1)
  • Tournament of Ruses (Ruses, #2)
See top shelves…
W.R. Gingell is a Tasmanian author of urban fantasy, fairy-tale retellings, and madcap science fiction who doesn’t seem to be able to write a book without a body suddenly turning up. She solemnly swears that all such bodies are strictly fictional in nature.

W.R. spends her time reading, drinking a truly ridiculous amount of tea, and slouching in front of the fire to write. Like Peter Pan, she never

The City Between (8 books)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between, #2)
  • Between Floors (The City Between, #3)
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Between Walls (The City Between #6)
  • Between Decisions (The City Between, #8)