Start by marking “Say It Out Loud” as Want to Read:
Say It Out Loud

Say It Out Loud

Charlotte Andrews is perfectly fine being quiet—in fact, she prefers it. When she doesn’t speak, people can’t make fun of her stutter. But when she witnesses bullying on the school bus and doesn’t say anything, her silence comes between her and her best friend.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, her parents signed her up for musical theater. Charlotte doesn’t want to speak onsta
Expected publication: August 24th 2021 by Random House Books For Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Say It Out Loud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say It Out Loud

Start your review of Say It Out Loud
Kait Goodwin ★Kait Plus Books★
Am I crying? Yes.
Are they happy tears? Also yes.
Am I upset that Random House Children's took away the Send to Kindle button on NetGalley? 1000% yes.

If realistic stories about middle school girls are what you're looking for, this is the book you want! I haven't read a ton of middle grade contemporaries this year, but I'd recommend this one to anyone who enjoyed FROM THE DESK OF ZOE WASHINGTON and THE RETAKE!

Full review to be published closer to the publication date on kaitplusbooks.com!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
B.A. Wilson
Dec 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is stunning. I am infatuated with this book. It sent me on an emotional journey back 29 years to middle school, with all the anxiety, insecurity, and defining moments that go with it. While I read this, I felt 11 all over again. Sometime that was fun, and sometimes, it was awful. I experienced so many moments of crying, followed by laughing, and then crying again. If anyone had watched me read this book, they would have been convinced I had come unhinged, which would have been correct, beca ...more
Katelyn Spedden
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free eARC of this novel from the publisher and Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review*

Say It Out Loud is the perfect book for Middle Grade readers. It brings so many things that kids face to the forefront and handles them so well. It’s not just a book about a girl that sees someone getting bullied and realizes her mistake in not saying anything and saves the world. No it shows what a sixth grader goes through dealing with the shame of not standing up for their friend and the f
Meghan
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Random House Children's - Random House Books for Young Readers in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I love how this book really focuses on the power of words and how important it is to have that self confidence to speak up for what you believe is right. I can relate to Charlotte's story and how at first she did not want to get into musical theatre but discovered she has a gift for singing and
Kari
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mg
I have a special place in my heart for kids who stutter (I'm an SLP) and so it's especially exciting to meet a character like Charlotte and imagine how my clients would feel reading this special book. It's also so important for kids who aren't familiar with stuttering to experience what it's like, through the eyes of Charlotte, and see how she's also a regular kid with interests (musicals!) and fears (standing out, using her voice), just like them. I hope you all love this wonderful book as much ...more
Dana Gisser
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: neurodivergence
I received a digital ARC of this book through netgalley.

I began reading it to finish up work from home hours with the public library I am employed with but when my WFH hours ended I found myself unable to put the book down and ended up finishing it in one sitting.

Despite the fact this book falls privy to one of my least favorite tropes that occurs in almost every book involving theatre (trying to avoid spoilers here), I really enjoyed the other aspects of this story.

The book follows Charlotte
Brenda
Jan 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love the idea of this book! Leaving inspiring notes around is so great! I felt the story lacked a little in delivering, but it was still a good, quick read.
Danielle
Jan 01, 2021
Allison
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Christyne Morrell
Dec 14, 2020

• The Midnight Library
  • Twins
  • Greenlights
  • Razzle Dazzle Unicorn (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #4)
  • Booked (Graphic Novel)
  • Forests, Fishing, & Forgery (A Camper & Criminals Cozy Mystery #3)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in the Magic Storm (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #6)
  • Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
  • Unicorn Crossing (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #5)
  • Phoebe and Her Unicorn in Unicorn Theater (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #8)
  • Booked (Graphic Novel)
  • The Forgotten Girl
  • Rides a Stranger
  • Not My Father's Son
  • Sugarplum Way (Harmony Harbor, #4)
  • If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won't)
  • It's a Wonderful Wife