Start by marking “To Unite a Realm” as Want to Read:
To Unite a Realm

To Unite a Realm

Through a prism of lies...

Vera Wilson, youngest daughter to the leader of her country - a county conquered by the tyrannical Grays - agrees to marry Angus Gray, heir to the throne of The United Realm. She hates him and everything his clan represents. But she has to protect her family and believes this marriage will keep them alive - unlike the friends the Grays have alread
Published December 3rd 2020 by Boroughs Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about To Unite a Realm, please sign up.
Mary Beesley No, this book is not YA. This book is an adult book. I would recommend it for age 17 or 18 +

Start your review of To Unite a Realm
Mary Beesley
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote this book, and I hope y'all love it as much as I do! xo, Mary ...more
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much to Mary Beesley for the finished Kindle copy of her newest book, To Unite A Realm!  This is an enemies to lovers story set in a very low fantasy world, so if you like adult fantasy romance… Check it out!  I read the book in two sittings and have no regrets at all.

My main point to keep in mind: the plot and characters totally carry this book, so if those are your preferred elements, read on!

The Story: I think the plot/story itself is a great idea.   A marriage to promote a peace
Nathaniel
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am going to cry. This book filled me so much and I desperately want to reread it every single day for the rest of my life. Like, who gave Mary beesley the right to:
1: write books that rip you apart
2: only start publishing now. I need more backlist titles. Agh, the struggles of reading a debut author and having to wait for the releases to come out.
This was everything I wanted. Light fantasy, romance, a beautiful world, two very different cultures... all of it was done so well. The plot was pret
Anna
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Y’all!! This book was so good! I legitimately could not put it down - I read it in one sitting!

There were a lot of things I liked about this book. The main character, Vera, has fantastic character growth. Angus, her enemy, may not be all he seems. Gent, my favorite character, is a loyal friend to both!

The setting of to Unite a Realm is stunning. Alta Glenn was so rich in culture, and even the less explored countries were intriguing! The world Beesley crafts is beautiful and lef
Doug Jolley
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Epic love story. This book is a lot of fun with twists and turns I didn't see coming. I love the world and the cool birds. ...more
T.E. Elliott
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid writing

This was a good, solid story and I appreciate the author's writing style. There was a point near the middle that I hoped the two main characters would start to get past their differences but, alas, it took a little longer than I'd hoped. However, once they did get past it, they made up for lost time, so I'm not too mad. Certain problems weren't fully solved by the end, so I'm not sure whether we're supposed to use our imagination or if there's a book #2 in the works. Either way, it
Nabihah Abu Bakar
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I finished this book in a day. It's a page turner and i kept on wanting more. Nicely writter ...more
Kat Roberts
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you like throne of glass. Read this book.

Leigh bardugo? Read this book.

Holly black? Read this book.

Outlander? Read this book!

Any book ever? Read. This. Book!

The story is about a girl named Vara who is forced to Mary her enemy Angus Gray. (I’m not going to give the full description but dm me if you need a link.)

This couple enchanted me! There’s no other word for it, it was just so amazing!

The plot was intense and it broke my heart! 💔💙

I couldn’t describe the full amazement or love for this book
Suzy Baba (readaholicmom)
Jan 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful story.......

To Unite A Realm is heartbreaking but yet heartwarming at the same time. There is so much that goes on in this book, I don’t want to spoil any of its parts!

The one thing I will say is that the main character Vera is resilient, strong and loyal to those around her. Her strength is one of a leader, a chieftess.

I loved everything in this light fantasy/romance story. Thank you to the author for gifting me a physical copy of To Unite A Realm.
Katherine Decker
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love Mary’s characters! They have so much spunk and are quite witty. Great world with just a light touch of fantasy.
Jeanne
This book is a younger YA version of Bridge Kingdom. It's the same type of story - a kingdom marries a daughter off to their rival kingdom..and eventually the daughter learns that her spouse is not as horrible as she was lead to believe. Then she must save her new kingdom from her home kingdom's invasion. There is not much world building, the book solely revolves around the main couple's relationship. However, the story was engaging. It would be a good book for younger readers ...more
Amy Broadbent
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the characters, the setting and the plot for this book. Trifecta.
Dot Miller
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama, intrigue, romance
Review of To Unite a Realm
By Mary Beesley

I’d Give It 10 Stars If I Could!

What a marvelous book! “To Unite a Realm”, by Mary Beesley, is one of those books that immediately grabbed my attention and kept it until I read the very last word on the very last page. And then I went back to the start and read it again. Obviously, I loved it!

Vera Wilson is from Cromarty, in Campbell territory, where the people are scholars, chemists and technicians. She herself is an accomplished artist and the youngest
Kaitlin
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is for you if you are a fan of strong female characters with lots of growth, enemies to lovers, and political intrigue. While some bits about the mysterious virus that plagues the realm hits a bit close to home. This is a fantastic start to a new fantasy series.

I loved it and devoured in one day.

I received a copy from Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kristina Agan
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win this book, and was not disappointed when I received it. This was a very good book. I now hope to read her other book. - Thank you again Mary for the book!
Seren
added it

• Fake Nora
  • Daphne's Questionable Bet
  • Hero (Hero, #1)
  • Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (Dash & Lily, #1)
  • Lilac
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • The Ickabog
  • Punk 57
  • Let it Snow
  • If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (If You Give...)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
  • The Villain (Boston Belles, #2)
  • Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)
  • A Touch of Darkness (Hades & Persephone, #1)
  • The Scorch Trials (The Maze Runner, #2)
  • The Ragged Edge of Night
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  • Called (Holloway Pack, #1)
Mary Beesley is a writer. She didn't used to be. After having a profound difficulty learning to read, she's making up for lost time and trying to consume all the books and write all the words.

Find Mary at her website www.marybeesley.com and on Instagram or Twitter @maryrbeesley.

A note from Mary:

I love to keep track of all the book I read here on Goodreads, but as an author myself, I cannot bring m