Start by marking “2021 on Goodreads” as Want to Read:
2021 on Goodreads

2021 on Goodreads

(Goodreads Year in Review)

Whether or not you've had time to write your own reviews, here's a chance to review your entire 2021 reading and post it under this title so that others can see what your reading year was like. Together, all the reviews of 2021 on Goodreads should make an interesting and varied catalogue of books to inspire other readers in 2022.

For those of you who don't like to add title
Published 2021

To ask other readers questions about 2021 on Goodreads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 2021 on Goodreads

Shelves: year-in-review

Review to come...
Charlotte May
Dec 14, 2020 marked it as year-in-review
Ok, I haven’t even finished my 2020 wrap up but here I am planning next year!

2021 will be my reread year. I am determined to reread at LEAST 2 of these:

The Raven Cycle
The Inheritance Cycle
Noughts and Crosses series
Inkheart Trilogy
Harry Potter (which I definitely planned for 2020 and did not happen)

Of course there will be numerous new releases and my massive TBR pile will be staring at me but if I can get two of those rereads done I’ll be happy.

😊
human
Dec 24, 2020 marked it as review-of-the-year
Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season and staying safe!

For once I'm being responsible (now that's a sentence I'd never thought I'd say) and am creating a list of all the books that I'd like to read next year. (Part of this is because my brother wants to read more classics with me, the other part is that I'd like to see if I can stick to a plan).

They are, for the most part, classics, and other books that are widely considered 'must-reads' from across different genre
sofia
Dec 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: year-in-books
reading goal:
one hundred books

books i want to read in 2021:
(at the end of the year, i will put a check mark to the left of the ones i ended up reading. to the right of the book/series i will put my rating.)

book series i want to read:
- throne of glass
- divergent
- mistborn
- from blood and ash
- shadowhunters
- dance of thieves
- an ember in the ashes

stand alones i want to read:
- radio silence
- the night circus
- lovely war
- the invisible life of addie larue
- we are the ants
- the hating game

class
Sara
Dec 23, 2020 added it
Shelves: yearly-review
So. 2021. Who knows if it's going to be better than the firestorm that's been 2020, but at least I can continue the tradition of listing books I want to read in the coming year. For 2021 I'm hoping to branch out into a bit of classic (mainly Russian) literature, read more non fiction, more big books and some of my most anticipated 2021 releases.

21 Books to Read in 2021

Don't Touch My Hair
Nat
NAT.orious reads ☾
Dec 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Phew. When I look at 2021, I see great things - but an enormous 'read'-pile isn't one of them. As of January 4th I'll be working full time again and I have no illusions: getting your reading done with a 8 to 5 sort of job is not an easy task. But Let's not poison the year already.

Again, I intend to focus on the books I already own. I want to sort through my existing stacks to get rid of some un-loved books and thereby prepare to FINALLY move the fuck out. I've also pledged to get into comics in
Cecily
Jan 01, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: lit-crit
Prequel, written 1 January 2021

Covid, Covid,. Brexit, Covid…. Rinse and repeat.

I am fortunate to be well. I’m grateful those I love and care about are too.
But after ten months of lonely claustrophobia with my husband and I working from home - and we’re fortunate that we can - 2021 starts with a more infectious strain of the virus rampant in the UK and the tightest level of lockdown reimposed on most of the country, including us, and likely to be tightened further.

Even before the end of the Brexi
Layla
Dec 26, 2020 marked it as year-in-review
2021 Book Reading Goal: 120 books

5 Book Series I want to read:
• The Lord of The Rings
• Mistborn (or any other Brandon Sanderson)
• The Aurora Cycle
• Daughter of Smoke and Bone
• Throne of Glass/ ACOTAR (just any SJM)

5 Book Series I want to finish:

• The Priory Of The Orange Tree
• Sense and Sensibility
• Rebecca
• Radio Silence
• Layla (for obvious reasons)

Additiona
Lia Carstairs
Dec 31, 2020 marked it as year-in-review
2020 was a mess.

But some good did come out of it, like me actually reviewing every book I read that year, shocking I know.

But then there's also me barely finishing my reading challenge, ahahaha I'm dropping by 100 books for 2021, just to be safe ツ

Also, I did way too many rereads, so that definitely didn't help my tbr....whoops. I'm going to try to not do a lot of rereads, but that'll probably not happen.

Reading Challenge: 50 books.

Most Anticipated Books:
A Vow So Bold and Deadly
A ​Court of Silve
Henk
Dec 29, 2020 is currently reading it
Shelves: year-in-review
General goals
For 2021 I have a few goals, main among them participating in the reading challenge in the group I co-moderate, which already means a commitment of more than 16.000 pages and 55 books.

In general I want to keep up reading non-fiction and the classics, and would like to add a bit more poetry. Also I won't set a reading goal since I noticed it does stress me out, and taps into my competitive side in a way that's not as relaxing as reading should be.
Also for 2021 I want to grow my TBR
Sean Barrs
Jan 01, 2021 is currently reading it
This year I'm looking for books that will help me rekindle my love for reading, books that will make me think and imagine and, ultimately, books that will help me grow as a person as they expand my mind.

Feel free to hit me up with suggestions! Tell me about book that changed your life because maybe it could change mine.

My interests at the moment include: environmentalism, philosophy, spirituality, ecology and political activism.
__________________________________

You can connect with me on soci
Sofia
Dec 28, 2020 added it
Shelves: goodreads-year
I can't believe 2020 is finally over. Good riddance.

And with a new year comes a new tbr plan. My goal this year is to review every book I read. Please comment with suggestions for my 2021 tbr!

2021 is the year of the United Kingdom. I'll be reading classic literature from the UK in addition to my regular tbr in order to gain more brain cells.

TOP OF MY TBR (owned/will purchase):

Kalliope
Jan 02, 2021 marked it as review-of-the-year
Shelves: 2021
Mmmm..

This is the exciting, and daunting, moment in which we all begin to plan what we'll read over the coming twelve months.

Still undecided but there are several candidates. Several of these are long, so I expect to read fewer volumes. Some are spilling over from 2020, since my reading path took unexpected turns. Two subjects will dominate: Russia and Italy and I would like to pay more attention to books on Music. I will also continue my long term plan of reading the episodes (46) by Benito Pér
Settare (on hiatus)
Dec 11, 2020 marked it as yearly-review
The goal for 2021 is to take it easy.

Moving halfway across the globe, starting grad school, new job, trying to navigate life in a new country and studies and work and living on my own and doing all of that during a persisting pandemic, I've decided to let go of my to-do lists and Reading Lists and Reading Challenges and wish-lists and New Year's Resolutions and stuff like that.

In 2021, I'll try to enjoy the small moments of rest I'm allowed, and read whenever I feel like it. I am giving up on t
karen
Jan 01, 2021 is currently reading it
🎵WHAT WILL 2021 BRIIIIING?🎵

i haven't fully fleshed out my reading goals yet, but in the wee hours of jan 1, this is my nascent plan for my monthly challenges:

-1 free tor short/week

-monthly project book (although i am taking january off, so ppbblltt)!

if i can do all three, great, but i'm realistically setting the bar at achieving TWO of these three goals each month:

-a book by an author i love that i haven’t gotten around to reading yet

-a book by an author i have never read despite owning more th
mina
Jan 01, 2021 marked it as yearly
2021 bookish goals:

▫ Get my want-to-read shelf under 30 books.
▫ Read books I own but still haven’t read. /10
▫ Have buddy reads with friends*
▫ Read 5 non-fiction books. 1/5
▫ Finish Kate Daniels series.
▫ Finish Mercy Thompson series.
▫ Finish the Throne of Glass series.
▫ If I don’t enjoy a book I should DNF it even if it’s not my usual DNF material

* If you are one of my fiends, and even if you are not, and you want to buddy read a book from my want-to-read shelf, let me know because I would
Nataliya
Dec 28, 2020 marked it as goodreads-year-in-review
For now, I’m simply making a list of what I hope to read, in no particular order except alphabetical, just as a reminder since my to-read list is nothing but wishful thinking:

Anxious People
Any Way the Wind Blows
Beyond Weird: Why Everything You Thought You Knew about Quantum Physics Is Different
Blacktop Wasteland
The Death of Vivek Oji
The Di
rose ★
Dec 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
reading goals for the year:
1. read fifty books. last year, i read twice as many books, but as i’m going to be starting college i don’t really expect to get much reading done in the latter half of the year. i’m going to just take it as it comes :)
2. only buy ten books. ok, this one is going to be hard. but i am going to do my absolute best to stick to it. i need to save money and stop spending it all on books this year!! i know that i’m perfectly capable of accomplishing this, it’s just take some
Richard Derus
Dec 03, 2020 is currently reading it
2020's five-star or damn-near five-star reviews totaled 46. Almost half were short stories and/or series reads. While a lot of authors saw their book launches rescheduled, publishers canceled their tours, and everyone was hugely distracted by the nightmare of COVID-19 (I had it, you do not want it), no one can fault the astoundingly wonderful literature we got this year. My own annual six-stars-of-five read was Zaina Arafat's extraordinary debut novel YOU EXIST TOO MUCH (review lives here), ...more
BAM Endlessly Booked
Dec 03, 2020 is currently reading it
So I think I decided what my focus will be this year. I’m going to continue chiseling at my various lists and try to finish all of these series reads I’ve started the last couple of years and never finished while still scarfing down true crime.

Five ⭐️ reads of 2021
Mother by Maxim Gorky
Adrian
Jan 04, 2021 marked it as year-end-review
So for the last couple of years, I have put a little effort into noting books and songs of the months , as well as facts about my reading and buying habits. Well I don't intend to spend any more time on this than I did last year, so I will almost certainly do the same.
Being a bit of a facts and figures nerd, I shall again note my ever increasing (impossible sized) TBR and remind myself of the books I enjoyed most through the year.
This year I will continue (courtesy of an idea from Dennis) with
Henny
Jan 04, 2021 marked it as yearly-reviews
My reading goals for 2021 ('cause if I don't write them down, I will completely abandon them):

- read a book from every "big" genre (I need to get out of my comfort zone)
- read one classic
- read at least one book from a POC author
- finally read the Lord of the Rings trilogy
- finish my physical TBR
- give authors whose books I didn’t like/DNF’ed another chance: T.J. Klune; Neil Gaiman; SJM (maybe??)

TBR of books I already own:
- On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
- The
Dan Schwent
Dec 31, 2020 marked it as to-read
Goals set on 12/31/2020 or thereabouts:
- Read my priority reads before buying any new books (sweet ass deals don't count) .
- Read my 2021 Whenever shelf.
- Exclusively read my unread Fantagraphics books in February.
- rereading The Maxx (single issues unless I can find the trades affordably. Wish I hadn't purged those.) Tentatively scheduled for Maxximum March
- reading Micronauts: The New Voyages. I've had the complete series since before my son was born. Tentatively scheduled for Micronauts May.
enqi ☁️✨
2021 READING GOALS:
- Read 50 books
- Write 75 reviews (including 25 reviews for books I've read in previous years. I really need to catch up on my reviewing.)

------------------------
everyone is making long lists of their 2021 tbr but because i am a mood reader who is also applying for law school next year, we'll just see where 2021 takes me, shall we? :)
Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂
Jan 04, 2021 marked it as reading-records
Goals For This Year

Reading 80 books for the Goodreads Challenge.

Reading 22 books by Kiwi Authors with the Book Loving Kiwis Group

And reading more poetry. The world needs more beauty.
amy ☂︎
Jan 03, 2021 marked it as year-in-review
I've never done this before, but I thought today I would jot down some bookish goals I set myself for this year:

2021 is (hopefully) going to be a year full of change for me. I want to develop myself further on a personal level; and that includes the literature I decide to consume on a day-to-day basis. There are a lot of things I want to approach differently this year and I really want to write these aspirations down so I don't lose sight of them. I hope some of you will feel inspired by this &
Kenny

* Tackle BIG Books
** Not just BIG in length, but BIG in themes as well
** Tolstoy's WAR & PEACE, I hear you knocking loudly
** Toni Morrison I need to revisit your worlds ~~ BELOVED is beckoning me
** Jean Genet I want to finally visit your dark world ~~ I know I’m late to the table
* Read 20+ Play Scripts / Theatre Texts