Start by marking “Reining in the Bad Boy (The Men of River Gorge, #5)” as Want to Read:
Reining in the Bad Boy (The Men of River Gorge, #5)

Reining in the Bad Boy

(The Men of River Gorge #5)

What kind of loser pretends to have a boyfriend?

Oh, yeah, that’s me, Landon Nichols. I’m the loser. In my defense, I didn’t actually make up a boyfriend. My mom just assumed I had one, and I figured if it made her feel better to think I had someone in my life, then what could it hurt? Nothing, right?

Until she decides I need to bring my pretend boyfriend home for a visit. I
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 143 pages
Published December 10th 2020 by Self-Published

To ask other readers questions about Reining in the Bad Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reining in the Bad Boy

Start your review of Reining in the Bad Boy (The Men of River Gorge, #5)
Ali
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, holiday-mm
Another great story in River Gorge. I have been waiting for Miller to find the one and all it took was some pretend to figure out what he really wanted. Landon just wants to convince his mom that he is happy and okay but gets way more than he bargained for. I love how none of it had to be acting for either of them to show affection but they just needed to learn to talk a little more.

I received a copy of this book and am giving an honest review
Devoted❤️Reader
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Listen to your heart

I’ve been waiting for Miller to fall in love and it was everything amazing, heartwarming and wonderful all rolled up into a beautiful package. “It all added up to me finding a man I could be myself with, that I could love, and that would love me in return.” Miller is a sweetheart and all of his actions, and just him being him, cemented his place in my heart. I couldn’t picture him with anyone other than Landon, who, along with his awesome family, is exactly what Miller needs.
E.Muddle
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
A fun, lighthearted and sweet holiday romance where we get to revisit River Gorge, and this time, Miller and Landon finally find the love they deserve. I really enjoyed getting playboy Miller's story because we finally get to delve into who he really is and see a softer and more tender side to him. He ended up being the perfect match for the sweet and loving Landon, and I adored how it didn't take them long to realise they wanted something real together. There isn't much angst at all and I espec ...more
Flick
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We’re back in River Gorge and it’s just as awesome as ever!

I love Miller and Landon – they were so great together! As a whole, I really liked how their relationship developed. Though it progressed quite quickly, it made sense and never felt rushed. Miller and Landon made sense together; they balanced each other out and Landon’s willingness to trust and accept Miller for who he was, was beautiful.

These two were just so sweet together. Seeing Miller find out what having true family is like was so
TJ
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I was very excited for this next book in the Men of River Gorge series and we finally get Miller’s story. It was enjoyable seeing someone finally tie him down. I always thought when Miller fell in love he would fall hard and that’s exactly what happened. Landon is a sweetheart and Miller and Landon were wonderful together. There was true chemistry between them and lots of heat. So.Much.Heat!

There is so much more to Miller than the just the playboy we see in the rest of the series and one theme o
Amy Stauffer
People can change, you just have to let them

This was such a fun, sweet story. Fake relationships are always fun to watch play out. At this point, we all know which way they’re gonna land, but the journey is the best part.

Both Landon and Miller find themselves in a situation where they can help each other out by dating. Easy, right? Ummmm...not entirely true. First obstacle: friends.

I know Miller earned at least part of his reputation, but my heart ached for him that his friends didn’t allow for
Brianne McCallum
#mm #holiday #fakeboyfriend

I was given a free arc copy from the author and Neon Rainbow arc team for review.

I loved this book so much! It is a fairly quick read. About 4 hours. I did not want to put it down from start to finish. The plot was interesting the whole way through. The 2 MCs were well developed and were both endearing and sweet. They had great chemistry together. I totally loved Landons family. Great writing. I would definitely recommend this book.

This is part of the River Gorge se
Phoenix13
Awesome series and book!

I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve read from this author but this series my favorite. I don’t even know that I can even specifics why just that there is something about these men and their town.

I really liked that Miller got his story. It was his time to settle down but it was all I knew he could be. Landon is sexy and sweet and they are a perfect fit. They have great dialogue, they communicate and they’re physical chemistry and intimacy is well done.

I of course loved seeing
Manfred
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Little bit of advice, if you read a series it's a clever idea not to start with book number 5. As I never listen to clever hints I had to learn the hard way.
There are lots and lots of couples and secondary characters in this book, I am sure it would have been more fun to know them and their stories.
However, this does not mean, that I didn't enjoy Miller and Landon's story, quite the contrary, it was great fun to read. Miller is seen as a player and bad boy by his friends, so everyone warns Lando
Xanthe
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love the River Gorge series and Reining in the Bad Boy is a perfect addition, bringing together two previous side characters who get their own HEA.
This is a perfectly sweet romance that starts as a fake relationship with the best of intentions as Landon doesn't want his mother to worry so Miller's solution seems good until they both find themselves falling in lust and love, rather quickly but everything feels and flows naturally across the story. Miller was determined to show his friends that
Amy Dufera
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reining in the Bad Boy is a heart-warming holiday romance by Jacki James. Part of The Men of River Gorge series, it's easily read as a standalone.

If you enjoy fake boyfriends, and friends to lovers, you will love this story. I absolutely love the way they go from friends to lovers. It's perfectly wonderful.

As for the men, Miller has always been a playboy, with a reputation of not being serious with men. Seeing Landon get to know the real Miller is fantastic, as he's full of doubts and discoveri
Catherine
Shelves: arc-s
Fake boyfriend, low angst, quick MM read. What happens when you really need someone to pose as your fake bf over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend with your family? Obviously if you’re Landon you agree to a deal made by none other than the sexy, yet emotionally unavailable man you flirted with, and were shot down by, last year. Right?? Miller makes the offer on the fly, and it will be a welcome distraction from his own dysfunctional family Christmas gatherings, but the more he learns about Landon ...more
Valerie
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
The story is a sweet one where Landon, a cowboy working to train horses and has a talent with them, doesn't want to disappoint his mom for the holidays because he's single. Miller, the town bad boy who has a reputation for never having a relationship, is attracted to Landon but never acted on it because he wasn't ready to settle down. Everything changes when Miller offers to be the pretend boyfriend while visiting Landon's family. Soon, the relationship develops into more.

Landon is a relatable c
Sandy
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sometimes you just want two people to realize they make each other happy, without a lot of heartache and drama. This book delivers.

Playboy Miller and Forever-Guy Landon decide upfront to be boyfriends for the holidays for very self-serving reasons, only to find they actually may have something pretty solid going on. For all his playboy ways, Miller’s just a sweetheart trying to keep his heart safe, and as the relationship continues, Landon understands and accepts Miller’s MO. No big fights or ho
Larissa
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
If you are looking for a romance that will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, this is it. I literally had a smile on my face for the majority of the book because it was just so damn sweet. Landon and Miller are instalove and I loved them together. They are both adorable, but Miller in particular, was such a changed man, a total dream. The author did a really nice job of writing and developing these characters, although I do think they could have been fleshed out even more. The pacing of th ...more
Laina Gruver
4.25-4.5 stars

Another fabulous fake boyfriend story!! This one features a sweet cowboy and the town playboy.

Landon is heading to his childhood home for the holidays but is confused about what to do about the non-existent boyfriend that his family thinks he has. Miller offers to help him IF Landon’s willing to continue the charade for Miller’s parents. Landon is warned about Miller’s playboy ways and Miller realizes that he is tired of his friends thinking of him that way.

What starts out as a f
Suzy
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fake Boyfriends?... Yes please!!! I love Miller and Landon story. This is a fun, sexy and low angst, fake boyfriend to lovers book. Landon is the kind of man with commitment written all over him and meets his match in Miller the town playboy.
We know Miller and Landon throughout the previous books in this series and finally have their turn for a HEA.
This sweet story shows us a different side of Miller, I love that he trust Landon and we get to see the man he truly is. Landon is really a sweet g
Judy
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This has to be the perfect holiday story. Two men who by all outward appearances are so different. Miller the guy who has a reputation for sleeping with everyone and settling with no one and Landon who is somewhat antisocial and looking for the special someone. When they start as fake boyfriends the relationship between them change immediately. The holiday’s with Landon’s relatives is what everyone wishes for and the nightmare that is Miller’s parents and their way of spending time with him is e ...more
Janet Hunt
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was FANTASTIC! I loved watching Miller fall down that slippery slope of love!! Landon’s mother was bugging him to come home for the holidays and to bring home his boyfriend, only problem was he didn’t have a boyfriend. Miller overheard him talking to his mom and volunteered to be his fake boyfriend for the holidays if he’d return the favor. They agree to go on dates so that they’re not lying to Landon’s mother. As the two get to know one another, they start to realize how much they actually ...more
bridgetann
Bad Boy gets HEA!!!

Miller is so misunderstood! I'm from a small town and I definitely know what it's like to grow up with the stigma of something that you did when you were younger. Miller might have been a playboy or bad boy growing up but now he's looking for his forever. Landon is a forever kind of guy! He begins to realize that nobody gives the real Miller a chance to come out. They always use their per-conceived ideas. I love Landon and Miller together. Landon softens him and shows him what
kitamikeita
Dec 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: eng, m-m
Wow I almost don't remember anything about it, but unlike the other books, I read this recently. Oh well.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue it because I was assaulted with a bunch of random names that I should've known if I had read the other books. As usual, when there are a lot of companion books I expect a minimum of 'explanations' as to who's who.

I know it's my fault for reading a lot of the same trope (fake boyfriend), but sometimes it's done well. In this case the excuse was flimsy.

Ov
Cynthia Osborne
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jacki James has made it possible to see a bad boy that sleeps around can have a change of heart and find a wonderful partner if he is willing to look beyond himself. Miller comes from a rich family but he doesn't know how to love someone. Landon has a family full of love that sometimes can get over bearing so he moved away not to have them in his back pocket. What starts out as helping one another through the holidays with each others family becomes something neither man saw coming but welcomed ...more
kathleen
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love watching what starts out as a fake relationship turn into the love of their lives!
When the story is also a friends to lovers one I'm a happy reader.
Miller can't seem to get past his playboy reputation, no matter how hard he tries. When his friend Landon needs a "boyfriend" to bring home he happily volunteers for the role.
Neither expects the sparks and connection that heat up between them.
This was the perfect romance to spend an afternoon with!
Sarah Mitcham
His time has come

Everyone had their opinion of what kind of man they thought Miller Monroe was, it doesn't make their opinion the right one...but he was stuck with it! He'd had his eye on Landon Nichols from the first moment he'd met him about a year ago when he'd moved to the area and started working on his friends ranch. When an opportunity arises to spend more time with Landon he takes it!.
My2CentsBookReviews
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a book you call a keeper - you can reread over & over with that awesome feeling in your heart. True love fixes banged up hearts!

You have to live small town romances. Its hard to grow up there because everyone knows you & thinks of you as the bad boy that never grew up. However you did grow up and no one noticed you changed. That is Miller he made mistakes but who didn't? Now to try to prove it. Landon 1 year ago asked Miller out but he said no, so he backed off. Now 1 year later and a cr
Lyndsay TC
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Playboy Miller really took to task becoming Landon's fake boyfriend for Thanksgiving. While the fake relationship didn't last longer than one day, these two men did put a timeline on their relationship, but as the time moved forward both realized they found something lasting and worth fighting for. I really enjoyed that there was no big break up scene and the epilogue was so sweet! ...more
Lindsay Hardin
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and light-hearted book where the man with commitment written all over him meets his match in the town playboy. We have been getting to know Miller and Landon throughout this series and finally they have a turn for happy ever after.
This sweet story shows a softer side of Miller and tells the story of the man he truly is. Landon is just a sweet guy next door with an amazing family to boot. These two set the sheets on fire and show that meeting the right person makes all the differen
Caroline
LOVED IT
Reigning in the Bad Boy was my first read from The Men of River Gorge Series and I need more.

This was Miller and Landon's story, it's a Fake Relationship Romance (MM) which had fun realistic characters, lots of steamy chemistry and a great story line. The book was well written and just got better and better as it went along. I didn't want it to end.
Courtney Minor
Love this series!!!

I absolutely loved this story. This series is already amazing but finally getting Miller and Landons story was worth the wait. Getting the tropes of fake boyfriends and one bed to share is fun but with these two it is fun and so sweet. I loved it. Highly recommend this book and the whole series.
J.M.
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
No spoilers of any kind included!
Reining In The Bad Boy was awesome!
This was the first time that I’ve read anything by Jacki James and I have to say I’ll definitely be reading more from this author in the future.
So yes I do recommend Reining In The Bad Boy!

*An ARC was provided by the author, publisher or a promotional service and I have chosen to publish a fair and honest review*

• Ranger
  • Dear Daddy, Please Praise Me (Naughty or Nice Book 5)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Full Contact (Wrecked: Guardians, #2)
  • Leo (Vigilance, #3)
  • Stop Kidding Around (Magical Mates #2)
  • Mr. Big Shot (Suits & Sevens #1)
  • On the Run (Whispering Key #2)
  • His Boy Blue (A Little Bit of Perfect #2)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Bossy Baby (Daddy's Boy, #4)
  • Tempt Me (Tattoos and Temptation, #5)
  • Naughty & Nice (Love Notes, #2)
  • A Taste of Christmas
  • The Defiant Alpha (West Coast Wolves, #2)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Fairy Tales and Cappuccinos (Everyday Love #1)
  • A Daddy for Christmas (Unexpected Daddies #2)

The Men of River Gorge (6 books)
  • Finding Ripley (The Men of River Gorge, #1)
  • A Daddy for the Cowboy (The Men of River Gorge, #1.5)
  • Snowflake Kisses (Snowed In - Valentine’s Inc. #6/The Men of River Gorge, #2)
  • Never Let Go (The Men of River Gorge, #3)
  • Sheriff's Choice (The Men of River Gorge, #4)

News & Interviews

Signed up for the 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge and looking for tips on how to discover and read more books? We’ve got your back. (And if...