Start by marking “Dreamy Days and Random Naps” as Want to Read:
Dreamy Days and Random Naps

Dreamy Days and Random Naps

Mawson Bear awakes and ponders on the art of creative napping. Scotland the Brave imagines doing great deeds. Professors Caddy and Bree hold the highest hopes for their visionary inventions. Samantha sees wondrous things all round her. The Seekers journey all the way to the edge of the world, being sure to return, of course, by bedtime.

Flop down and relax awhile with Mawso
Published December 1st 2020 by Publisher Obscura

To ask other readers questions about Dreamy Days and Random Naps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamy Days and Random Naps

Start your review of Dreamy Days and Random Naps
Dash fan
4☆ An Adorable Children's Picture Book.

Dreamy Days and Random Naps is a Heart warming story about following your dreams, being supportive and most importantly napping.

The illustrations are photograph style and they are simply superb, and oh so Enchanting. Children will adore the pictures of the Teddies and their adventures. As the pictures really bring the story to life, and capture the Bears Personalities perfectly.

In this gorgeous book we meet Mason Bear and his Teddy bear friends as they t
Lyndie
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dreamy Days and Random Naps is a precious picture book brought to us by an adorable plushie little bear named Mawson and the first of the Mawson Bear books that I have personally read.

When Blackberry Book Tours reached out about this little book I honestly wasnt expecting this. It looked cute and I was eager to read it to my own kids and share my thoughts but I wasn't expecting to be so impressed by this little bear. Not only will this book have your children llistening to and looking at Mawson
anakdenesor
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
So this is my first book to review for the tours. Dreamy days and random naps by Mawson.

A story about young bear name Mawson. Young bear, Mawson having a journey through naps with his friends. It's indeed that we can be anything that we want as long as we could imagine about it. I like how supportive Mawson when one of his friend want to be a guitarist even though he didn't know how to play guitar but they manage to improvise it and making a sound like they really play the guitar.

The journey di
Margo
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of my first reviews of 2020 was 'She Ran Away From Love' by Mawson Bear. A few weeks ago I was asked to write a review for 'Dreamy Days and Random Naps' as well.

Dreamy Days and Random Naps tells the story of the young teddy bear Mawson. This time, Mawson explores all kinds of naps and the dreams of his bear friends.
Through photos you get to know the characters and dreams of the other bears, great fun to watch with small children and to read.
It's really sweet to see the characters develop thr
Carly Rheilan
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My advice to parents of very little children: any day now, they will latch on to some random book and demand it every night till they start recitng it in their sleep and so alas will you. So read the books first, and don’t let the little blighters have anything at bedtime that would have you grinding your teeth by the tenth reading and reaching for the gin by the 50th. (I could suggest, from memory, some books to avoid, but that would be invidious). Remember, their darling little minds are unfor ...more
Rebecca L.
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Full review coming soon as part of a blog tour. This book with my heart while I was up all night reading stuck in hospital 💕
Anastasia
Feb 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is wise and funny and beautiful to look at. The pictures are familiar and yet clever. The bears are all different, with their own personality. There is so much to look at, and at the same time there is so much to think about. My son is grown now - but when he was little he would have loved this book and I would have loved reading it to him. Grandchildren maybe. Tlil then I'll just have to admit that I liked it for myself. Which is a bit hard, because I like to think of myself as a bit ...more
Joey Madia
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Comprising heartwarming photos of stuffed bears, costumed and posed with fun props and interesting, engaging sets, Dreamy Days and Random Naps recalls the wisdom of JRR Tolkien and Maurice Sendak, who said that they did not write books for children—it was the publisher and others who said they did.
While visually appropriate for children as young as three or four (and, having raised children of my own, that is an interesting time when it comes to the politics of napping), the deep wisdom of this
Amisha Bahl Chawla
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dreams are often described as windows of the soul.

They inspire, propel and most importantly also give us hope.

Hope that Mawson, the writer bear provides, in spades.

In Dreamy Days and Random Naps, Mawson takes us on a journey filled with love, warmth and self-belief.

A delightful picture-book for children and adults, each page is filled with wondrous, enriching life-lessons.

On the surface the book talks about Mawson and his friends taking naps and dreaming beautiful dreams. This by itself is ama
Amy Walker  - Trans-Scribe Reviews
If you had to ask one of the things I wouldn't expect to be doing when I started reviewing books, reading an insightful picture book for all ages written by a stuffed bear probably wouldn't have been one of the first things I thought of, yet that's what I find myself doing today. The publishing industry is a wild, wild place.

Dreamy Days and Random Naps is the latest book written by Mawson Bear, a 'big-hearted, soul-searching Writer-Bear of little books with lots of heart', who lends his thoughts
Bookworm Blogger
Feb 04, 2021 rated it liked it
I’d like to thank Mark for contacting me to read the third picture book in his Mawson Bear series and for sending me a copy to read with my boys.

The highlight of the book for myself and my boys were the pictures. I loved the creativity behind them, there were plenty of talking points and things to as the boys to find. Some of the pictures were very amusing and I could tell that a lot of thought and detail had gone into them.

In this picture book we meet plenty of interesting characters but my fav
Adele
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Another delightful picture book with an important message from Mawson Bear. The images in the Mawson Bear books are so charming and endearing you can't help but smile at them. As a child creating tea parties and adventures with your teddies is a wonderful joy so the author has picked up on this and created great little stories and adventures for the young, inquisitive minds.

With Dreamy Days and Random Naps Mawson is joined by a few new friends and the beauty of letting your imagination run free
Rani Nidhi
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
It is the story of young teddy bear Mawson. He along with his cute friends embark on a journey through naps and dreams. The entire story is described using photographs and all the characters are teddy bears. The book has a lot of nap related quotes. It is a beautiful book which tells small children about dreams and making their dreams true.
Emily
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is adorable! So cute and a perfect read for your little one.
Alexis
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
What an adorable read about naps and creativity.
Kimberly
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Many thanks to BlackBerry Book Tours, Mawson Bear, and Obscura for providing me with a digital copy of Dreamy Days and Random Naps with a request for an honest review.

Mawson Bear is a wise and playful bear. His book, Dreamy Days and Random Naps, is a delightful little tome. He teaches us many educational things. Mawson is also a great napper. I don’t know about you, but I can use all the napping tips I can get. Mawson is full of them.

In one section, Mawson learns the benefits of finding yourself
D.K. Hundt
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
During his waking hours Mawson Bear thinks about the perfect nap while his friend Scottie Bear daydreams about being a brave King or a great guitarist, Professors Caddy and Bree Bear have high hopes for their new inventions, and Samantha sees wondrous things all around her.

You too can join The Seekers journey to the edge of the world, as long as you return by bedtime. 😉
Matthew Stern
Feb 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This cozy book is about a white teddy bear named Mawson. He shares his thoughts about naps and dreams with his teddy bear friends, Samantha, Scotland the Brave, and Professors Caddy and Brie. The illustrations are charming photographs of the bears with various props, similar to how the book's young readers would play with their own plush friends. The writing has whimsical turns reminiscent of Winnie the Pooh, with cheery sweet humor and surprisingly deep thoughts. It's a book parents will want t ...more
Carola Schmidt
Feb 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of Mawson, and I have all of his books. This one, just like the other two books, is picturesque. It's like entering a dream. A very cozy one. In this troubled world, it brings comfort for readers of every age. ...more
Lucy Ann
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mawson Bear is an awesome bear!

Dreamy Days and Random Naps by Mawson Bear is a delightfully charming picture book for children and adults of all ages. I was drawn in by Mark O'Dwyer's fun photographs, which I found much more enchanting than the illustrations I originally expected. Each photograph brought a part of this lovely story to life.

Mawson Bear loves to take naps. His bear friends love to imagine themselves in all types of fun situations. Scotland Bear sees himself a hero. Professor Cadd
Hina Tabassum Khatri
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Originally published on Hina Loves To Read

Sometimes I find it difficult to word a review because even though the story of the book leaves me with a message, it is hard to pass it on forward to your all.

So, I am going to keep it small here as well and let you get to the book itself. Following is what I have absorbed from the book:

1. Dream. And, dream big!
2. Take care of yourself. Your body, mind and soul.
3. Nothing is ever too small in life

Mawson does a great job of bringing life lessons thro
Natasha Morgan
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I will keep this short and sweet, just like this book. This was a charming and delightful book about Mawson and his friends (Sam, Caddy, Bree, and Scottie). The pictures help bring the story to life and smile when you see the stuffed bears dressed up in their various outfits. It made me think back to when I was younger and had stuffed animals piled on my bed. The story told you to dream big and that no place or desire was out of reach, and the importance of taking naps to refresh yourself. Lawso ...more
Satabdi
Jan 18, 2021 rated it liked it
If I had to choose just one word for this book, it would be whimsical.

Mawson travels the world through frequent naps, seeking himself. Professor Bree and Caddy create fantastical inventions, such as the wish-back lamp (to take your wishes back!) and the hope maker (to practise hoping).

Illustrated with plush teddy bears and cute quotes, Dreamy Days and Random Naps is a wonderland of naps, magnificent dreams, and hopes for the future. The story gently floats along, at once describing everything an
Jolene
Dec 09, 2020
Books4Jessica
Jan 21, 2021
Mawson Bear
Dec 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Jane
Feb 02, 2021

• Bernice Takes a Plunge
  • The Benefits of Breathing
  • Cancer Daily Life
  • What the World Needs Now: Trees!
  • The Vagabond Mother
  • The Bird in the Window
  • Ananda: Poetry for the Soul
  • The Mystery Shopper & The Hot Tub: Book One Of The De'ath Family Antics
  • Keeper
  • Badass Habits: Cultivate the Awareness, Boundaries, and Daily Upgrades You Need to Make Them Stick
  • How the Penguins Saved Veronica
  • Sleep Well, My Lady
Mawson is a soul searching Writer-Bear of little books with lots of heart. They are stuffed with moments of happiness for frazzled grownups.

Why not slow down and relax a while with Mawson's friends in their cosy, whimsical world. Refresh the soul in the tranquility of innocent hours and simple joys.

These colourful little books for grownups are suitable for any level of English reading skill becau

News & Interviews