Start by marking “The Newlyweds” as Want to Read:

The Newlyweds

One marriage. One lie. Two sides to the story.

The moment Vivien meets Ashton, she knows she will be his wife and absolutely nothing will stop her.

Powerful, rich and from a good family, Ashton is everything Vivien is not. So, she molds herself into Ashton’s perfect soulmate.

Pouring his favorite vintage wine, whispering ‘I love you’ over dinner in front of friends and biting
Expected publication: January 19th 2021 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Newlyweds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Newlyweds

Start your review of The Newlyweds
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cunning, deceiving, twisty, surprising, mind spinning and entertaining!
Newly weds Ashton and Vivien are perfect happy couple, a beautiful postcard image of Christmas Hallmark movies. They’re adorable !

Vivien works at community center to help troubled families, abandoned or problematic children. Especially one of the cases of a 16 years old young woman who is left behind, making her ends meet by e-commerce sales gets her full attention and her successful surgeon Ashton knows how to please her
Dash fan
3☆ A Good Read.

When I read the blurb for The Newlyweds I was really eager to read it. I adore a good thriller especially ones that have a psychological edge to it.
However for me it just lacked that thriller edge i was expecting.

There is alot of twists and characters within the book and at times I did have to back track a bit to make sure I was following.

The start was really gripping and I quickly became enthralled but then for me nearly half way through it started to lack the initial unease I
 caroline
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well what can I say. This was so different even though it was a physiological thriller.. The first few pages I thought what am I getting into, then wow it really started getting interesting. The reveal about half way through was a surprise.

I normally leave reality a bit behind when reading these books so I skipped over a few things like learning scuba diving and where did all the money come from etc, being a single mother, and just went with the flow.

I could have done without Lily as thought t
Stephanie
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was ok
This is one of those books that sounded so intriguing in the synopsis, but the actual story failed to deliver. What should have been suspenseful and twisty came across as cliched and boring. Full review to come.
Franzi ☾
Rating: 3.5 stars.

I have conflicted feelings. The first half of this book was really good - I love domestic thrillers, especially with a female protagonist, and Vivien was cunning and calculating and although I guessed her plan beforehand, it was still fun to see it unravel. I really wished that that part of the book had been longer and more explored because that was what I found super interesting. I loved the marriage dynamic between Ashton and Vivien and the whole atmosphere was just exactly
Julie Lacey
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a great read.
It’s a really hard book to review as I don’t want to give away any spoilers. There’s quite a few twists and turns in the book so again, I can’t really mention anything.
I can say this is a gripping domestic thriller that certainly had me racing through the pages.
Vivien is a character you will have changing feelings for as the book progresses and the same for her husband, Ashton.
If I mention anything other than what’s in the blurb, I’ll spoil it for you and I don’t want to
Diane Merritt
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Twisty, deceiving, wonderful ride of a book
Started off with a bang and so many twists to make it unbelievable that good.
You wont know what hit you. Great book.

Thanks to the Author,the publisher and NetGalley for an early release of this book.
B.S. Casey
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it

Release Date: Expected 19th January 2021
Genre: Psychological Thriller

TW: Mentions of Abuse / Suicide / Death / Mental Illness

Viviennes life isn't what she wanted - after tragically losing her parents, feeling an odds with her own body and never quite achieving the status she craved - she meets Dr Ashton Buchanan. He is everything a woman could want - stunningly gorgeous, rich, successful and now, all hers.

She becomes perfect for him - the perfect soulmate, the perfect wife. She needs to have
Anna Szabó
Dec 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
To say The Newlyweds was not what I expected it putting it lightly. While reading the book I kept asking - out loud most of the time - What the actual heck is happening???!!
Initially, I felt sad for Vivien, felt for her despite not liking her at all. I had a funny feeling about her, nothing she sad or did seemed right. And Asthon? Phew...just too perfect and then...well. It’s not easy to talk about him or Viven without spoilers.

I could tell something was very wrong with this whole setup from th
Sharon Thérèse
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Newlyweds, Vivien and Ashton. Of course, in any good domestic thriller, readers are always trying to anticipate the main protagonist’s next move, the author doing an excellent job sowing the seed of doubt. Without beating around the bush, she created an ambience of deceit, escalating to such a level that I began to worry about one of the players. But what was going on behind closed doors didn’t quite add up. So far, so good! I was intrigued.

Everything was perfect until it wasn’t and as t
Leigh Buckner
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is Ruth Ware meets Mary Alice Monroe! The thrills of Ware and the southern charm of Monroe.

Ashton and his wife, Vivien, have only been married for a short time. Appearances can be deceiving though. As the story unfolds, Vivien seems to have it all married to a neurosurgeon. Ashton appears to have a sweet wife that loves him and volunteers in the community. However, secrets are everywhere! Then Cady enters the picture. Without giving too much away, let me just say this is a MUST READ!
Gwen
Dec 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This book was a suspenseful page-turner with a lot of unexpected twists! However, there were too many twists to seem believable, and some were completely unrealistic. I think if the author had focused on a few quality twists rather than going for quantity of twists, it would have improved this book. 6.5/10.

Thank you very much to NetGalley and Bookouture for the advanced reader’s copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Tracy
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i so enjoyed this story very twisty and very addictive .Vivien finally gets the man of her dreams Ashton she has everything a rich powerful man and the life she has always wanted ,she has the big fairy tale wedding Ashton s mother is in a nursing home and Vivien visits but all is not what it seems with her mother in law ,Vivien works at community promise where she meets and try s to help a young girl . Vivien starts to get bruises and people are noticing wont say no more but the plot is so good
Kate
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was ok
Now that I have finished, and written my review for The Newlyweds I have had a look at the other reviews and I feel like we read a different book.
For me there wasn’t any hook at the beginning of the book, none of the characters were likeable and it was more of a slog than an enjoyable read for me.
Looking at the other reviews maybe I have it all wrong but the above is my honest opinion and that is what NetGalley, the author and the publisher asked for when they gifted me this ARC.
Hayley
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There were so many good and interesting things about this book that I couldn't put it down. It was so fast paced that I had to see what was going to happen to our main character Vivien. The book is all about Vivien and her husband Ashton. They have the picture perfect marriage, at least on paper, however things aren't always as they seem. Ashton isn't the man he portrays himself to be. There we so many twists in this story that it really kept me hooked. And the best part was every time I thought ...more
Carrie
Dec 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
Namrata Ganti
Jan 16, 2021 rated it liked it
The Newlyweds is a psychological thriller that follows the life of Vivien and Ashton as they transition into life as a newly married couple. Vivien is seen trying to fit into society and uphold her name as the perfect wife to Ashton. As the story progresses, we get pulled into the narration assuming that Ashton is abusive in the marriage. But no way! After building this narrative, the author starts to pull apart the plot and reveals so much more that is happening underneath.

As the real story eme
Marisa (literatelady)
Jan 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Viviene and Ashton Buchanan seem to be in perfect, newlywed bliss. Ashton is a renowned neurosurgeon and Viviene is every bit the perfect, caring, and loving wife to match- she even spends her days volunteering at the local community center, and offers one of the runaway teens she is helping to stay in their guest house. So when bruises begin showing up on Viviene’s body and Ashton’s first love comes back to town, whispers start swirling between those closest to the couple that everything might ...more
Pearly Williams
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Viviene and Ashton Buchanan are in perfect, newlywed bliss, or so it seems. Ashton is a renowned neurosurgeon and Viviene tries her very best to be the perfect, caring, and loving wife to match. Viviene spends her days volunteering at the local community center and even offers one of the runaway teens she is helping to stay in their guest house.

Suddenly bruises start appearing on her arms as if somebody has pinched her! And on another occasion a black eye, however, she keeps making excuses, pro
Corinne
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
This sounded right up my street. Love a good psychological thriller. To begin with I did wonder where it was going and was it going to continue that way but then it got going and OMG 😱. Read it in a day and just couldn’t put it down. The majority of the characters were really well developed but still with an element of mystery but some weren’t developed enough for the parts they play within the plot. Sometimes you like them, other times you hate them and other times you just pity them. Definitel ...more
Amanda’s_Good_Books Cox
Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
By Arianne Richmond

This is my first book by Arianne , and 1000% NOT MY LAST. 🙌🏼
I love her slow build up of the twist in her writing!

This book starts with a story, and as you’re building it up you’re getting everything from Vivians perspective. The description of her perfect husband Ashton who is a neurosurgeon , his beautiful home Distant Sands🏘 and there life together was perfect until 22%. But at 23% it begins to fall together and you devour it from there. ( pay attention to th
Tracie
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Newlyweds by Arianne Richmonde is a psychological thriller. It follows the story of a newly married couple, Ashton and Viviene. They seem to have it all, great relationship, perfect home, jobs, friends but things definitely aren't as they seem.

The book was slow to start off with but it picked up some pace and kept me intrigued. I enjoyed reading the twists and turns and wanted to find out what was going to happen next. I also did not know what character to dislike more throughout reading the
Alice
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Okay I must say this one just blew me away.
This is my first book by this author and as it seems mostly of her work is not for my taste, but I have to say that damn she know how to write a good psychological thriller. It's not like keeps you on the edge of your seat thriller but mostly playing with your mind. It has clues,and you think that you know what's going on..and maybe you are but it has so much twists and turns.
I'm going to say only this.. I don't know which character I hate the most beca
Lisa Konet
The cover and premise prompted me to request and read this, but do not waste your time. This was hardly thrilling and there were too many twists to the point it was not believable. I do always like the idea of a character posing at someone else but most of the characters in this book were no likeable at all. This was just in the mediocre category of books I have read this year for thrillers, smh, Disappointing. Cannot recommend this.

Thanks to NetGalley, Arianne Richmonde and Bookouture for an AR
Julie Endres
Jan 12, 2021 rated it liked it
Thank you NetGalley and Bookoture for the advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for my opinion.

This book takes you on a twisty, turny, unforgettable journey until you don’t know which way is up! Just when you think you have it figured out, you will be shocked! This book is unputdownable! I highly recommend. It’s an easy read that will have you asking if you really can know anyone or if anything is what it seems. Get your copy today!
Deb
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for an early copy of The Newlyweds. This book was full of bitterness and hatred. ALL the characters were unlikable. Very many plot twists which made you never know who was the culprit. The second half of the book is way more interesting, the first half I was confused why the main character acted the way they did. I’m sorry to say that I was happy when the book ended.
Mandy Hazen
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a freaking page turner. A woman is in a marriage she realizes she must get out of. Slowly you learn more and more about the marriage. But you do not know it all. And trust me. You will want to read all the way until the end. I just couldn’t put this book down and was so surprised with all the twists turns and sudden captivating drop offs!!! I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
Miriam
Dec 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lindsay
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Wow this is one messed up couple and a really dark and disturbing read which I love. If you love Gone Girl and similar type books then this is one for you. This book goes to show you never know what’s really going on in a marriage and sometimes the truth is even darker than you could possibly imagine
Lorraine
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I realised all wasn’t as it seemed after the first few pages, but nothing prepared me for the super twists within the story. It kept me on tenterhooks and kept me wanting more.

• His Hidden Wife
  • Single Mother
  • The Birthday Weekend
  • The Stranger in My Bed
  • What My Husband Did
  • First Date
  • Trust Me
  • Unfaithful
  • How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air, #3.5)
  • The Missing Woman
  • The Shadow Man
  • Circle of Doubt
  • Love in Lockdown
  • Ask No Questions
  • The Other Couple
  • If I Never Met You
  • The Open House
ARIANNE RICHMONDE is the USA TODAY bestselling author of the psychological thriller, THE WIFE'S HOUSE (released by Bookouture Aug 24, 2020) and suspense and romance.

Her Pearl series has sold more than half a million copies worldwide. Her stories are always character-driven and full of unexpected twists and turns.

Apart from writing about the passions and fragilities of human nature, she loves to