Start by marking “A Tale of Two Shoes” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Tale of Two Shoes

Helen Haraldsen

A Tale of Two Shoes

They thought they'd be together forever.

They were wrong.

Shane and Shelia shoe are a pair. They were made for each other. They never expected to be separated. After all, what use is a shoe without its partner?

When Shane and Sheila find themselves all alone in the world, they think they have no purpose or value without each other.

Two shoes desperate for hope.

For their lives
Published August 24th 2020 by Helen Haraldsen

To ask other readers questions about A Tale of Two Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tale of Two Shoes

Start your review of A Tale of Two Shoes
Dash fan
5☆ A Heartwarming, Entertaining, Educational and Fun Children's Book.

A Tale of Two Shoes is a beautifully illustrated children's book all about two shoes who end up separated and alone.
This story tells their journey and how they found happiness again and their purpose.

Shane and Sheila were a pair of glossy red buckled shoes, that belonged to three year old Poppy.
After having a tantrum and throwing Sheila out a car window. There was no further use for Shane so her Mum threw Shane in the bin.
Sh
Richa Sharma
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A book about friendship, loneliness and loyalty, this story is a treasure for the emotional wellness of a young reader.

The story is an emotional journey, exploring the sweet and the lonely side of friendship. The book gives a young reader an insight into confidence, love and the need for companionship. The illustrations are an added touch to grab your little one's attention.

Overall this a story to introduce and make a younger reader ponder over feelings and help them achieve emotional wellness.
Billy Buttons
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: A Tale of Two Shoes

Writing Style: 7/10
Content: 8/10
Cover: 7/10
Of the 15 readers:
11 would read another book by this author.
10 thought the cover was good or excellent.
15 felt it was easy to follow.
11 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
Of all the readers, 7 felt the author’s strongest
Bookswithacuppa
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to @lovebookstours for a gifted digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

Blurb
They thought they'd be together forever.
They were wrong.
Two shoes desperate for hope.
For their lives to change, they'll need a helpi
Janna
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
A pretty good children’s story. I like the characters, especially Bruno, the cat and the shoes in the garden. The story itself has some sad streaks, but it’s still a really good story. I now want to go and share this with some of the kids I know
Hannah Rae
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The illustrations are so soft and completely fit with the story that I just had to include them here!

A Tale of Two Shoes highlights many metaphors and feelings surrounding nature, and up-cycling - where if something is broken or lost they can still have a purpose and they can still bring happiness and love. We follow Shaun and Sheila who are two shoes, who lose each other. But they find others who love and appreciate them, but still not forgetting where they came from.

I loved the personification
Sara (thebookwebb)
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a teacher of 4 and 5 years olds, I thought this book would be perfect to read to them. As it was slightly longer than the usual book we would read, I read it to them in stages over a couple of weeks. What I particularly liked about this book was that it highlighted lots of different issues, such as being lonely, making friends and caring for the environment. This gave the children lots of opportunities to talk about what they knew about these issues, to share their thoughts and ask questions. ...more
Lisa's Reading
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of two little red shoes. Their names are Shane and Sheila. They are cute little red shoes and the story starts as they are being made in a Chinese factory.

They make it to a store and are purchased for a little girl named Poppy. She’s a headstrong little tot who loves her shoes and they love her. One day as Poppy’s family is driving down the street, Poppy has a temper tantrum and throws Sheila out the window.

When the family arrived home, Poppy’s mom threw Shane in the trash. He en
Karen Andrew
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Meet Shane and Sheila. A pair of red buckles shoes. This is their story of how they became separated by little Poppy's tantrum.

These red shoes were Poppy's favourite shoes ever. She would have slept in them if she could. I can remember having a favourite pair of sparkly shoes that clip clopped wherever I went so I know how Poppy felt.

On this particular day all Poppy wanted to do was wear her green wellies with her party dress. Sadly the green wellies didnt really fit the party outfit and Poppy
Siobhan Devlin
Dec 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This beautifully written and illustrated story follows Shelia rightfoot and Shane leftfoot and how a tantrum from young Poppy left them scared and separated.

I absolutely love how a book aimed at ages 5-7 has so much meaning behind it. Also as a parent really appreciated how we were able to read a few chapters a night, a big plus for a children's book being able to pick up and put down at proper stages.
The meaning behind the story was inspirational and a big hit with my daughter, it subtlety hand
Bianca Duthie
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet wee book that I would have LOVED as a child. For smaller children they see that these shoes are separated but go on to lead very fulfilling lives as something other than footwear. They will absolutely love the idea of their shoes having lives and talking to each other. For adults it's a metaphor that no matter how we grow and change, how others may outgrow us, how we may lose friendships over time, there is always hope. Everything happens for a reason. It may not be the pat ...more
nicola mckenna
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A tale of two shoes is a children's book about as pair of shoes Shane and Sheila who think they will be together forever but they are wrong. My children who are 7 and 5 both enjoyed this book, its not really a book i would pick up to read to the children but thanks to lovebookstours for it. There is a lot of emotion within this book, you can feel it throughout the story. this story flowed really well and kept us all captivated from the 1st page. My childI would recomend everyone to buy this book ...more
Lesley
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a delightful book for children aged 8-11 years.

Sheila and Shane are a beautiful pair of red shoes who get separated from one another. They are lonely and scared.

As we follow the tale of the shoes we hope children will learn that even when we think there is no hope sometimes with a little help and new friendships life can change and work out alright.

The illustrations on the cover and in the book are lovely.

I was kindly gifted a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review
Bookswithtiff
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is beautifully written and illustrated.
The story follows Sheila and Shane and how a tantrum from young Poppy left them separated.
I love how this is aimed for ages 5-7 Me and my little sister read it in one night and she really enjoyed it now we read it every night, everything about this book is beautiful the way it is written the illustrations.
Thank you to @lovebooktours and the author for sending me a copy.
Danielle Amor
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful book and a fantastic story, that is beautifully illustrated, about finding your place in the world!

I think the subtle messages of kindness and the environmental aspects of the book make it even more appealing in our ever changing world!

I absolutely loved The Shoe People when I was little, so this really appealed to me and I’m 33 🤣
Celeste Cruz
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love this book; it is very adorable. I think there is a good lesson for kids and adults to learn. Sometimes we are too dependent on others that it become scary in exploring and trying new things. But, if we give new things a try, keep our mind open and take a risk. We get to see what else we can do. Recommend it to anyone. A bonus is the illustrations are adorable and amazing.
Hayley Thorpe
Dec 17, 2020
Jolene
Nov 29, 2020

• Create Your Own Calm: A Journal for Quieting Anxiety
  • You'll See
  • What the World Needs Now: Bees!
  • What the World Needs Now: Trees!
  • Kissing Lying Down
  • Journey with Grace: Finding Freedom Through a Transformed Life
  • The Lost Truth of April Dark
  • A Cowardice of Crows
  • An Ivy Hill Christmas (Tales from Ivy Hill)
  • Incognito (Lisa Reid #1)
  • Keep Walking, Rhona Beech
  • The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter
  • I Left the Room Burning
  • The Lies She Told
  • The Little Book of Greatness: A Parable About Unlocking Your Destiny
  • Leo and the Lightning Dragons
  • All That We Carried
  • The Mirror Souls (The Mirror Souls Trilogy Book 1)
Helen lives in West Cumbria on the edge of the Lake District National Park where sheworks an an English teacher and school librarian, as well as writing books for children. She's always either reading or writing!

Helen is the author of the 'Amber's Pony Tales' books for middle grade readers and 'A Tale of Two Shoes' for younger readers.

News & Interviews