Jump to ratings and reviews

10 Lessons for Living #LocationFree: An insider’s guide to living and working anywhere and everywhere

Kindle Edition

9 books8 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 16 of 16 reviews
December 15, 2020
This fabulous book has all the answers to the questions you may need answering if you’re thinking of embarking on an adventure of living and working #LocationFree.
It’s a quick and easy read with great snippets of information from Kate Emmerson, the author, as well as others who are living the life.

I’m just about packed....
January 23, 2021
I think that there comes a time in many of us wish we could pack up our lives and head off without any encumbrances, leaving behind the constraints of being limited to a single address in a single city.

Is that actually practical and does it mean that you can go anywhere as long as there is a strong mobile signal and stable Internet connectivity?

Have YOU reached this point in your life? Are uncertain as to how to turn your next step into a giant leap? If your answer is “YES” then ‘10 lessons for living #LocationFree’ will enable you to make the transition with confidence.

Author Kate Emmerson packed up her life in Johannesburg and set off for a year to prove that her theories could work. 5 years later and she is still #LocationFree and loving it.

Make no mistake, deciding on this lifestyle is life-changing, but don’t just take Kate’s word for it. She has tapped into a network of Global Nomads that have “been-there-and-are-doing-it” and are willing to share their knowledge and insights to make your journey as easy and freeing as possible.

Kate’s personal motto is #LiveLightLiveLarge and she has certainly tested those in this part of her personal journey.

It does not matter whether you are an experienced Global Nomad or just starting out on your journey, this book will certainly ease the anxiety and help you integrate wherever you choose to settle.
January 23, 2021
Lessons for living #LocationFree is a must read if you’re wanting to embark on an independent adventure. Looking for change, but unsure of the when, what next and how to make it possible.

Kate's book living #LocationFree, together with other Global Nomads, Portable Professionals, Intention Nomads, share steps and practical tips in living #LocationFree. Kate covers pretty much everything. The good, bad and tough times as well as including tax rules. The bits I wouldn’t have thought of.

It’s an easy and honest read. As Kate mentions in her book "living #LocationFree does not in any way, shape or form mean responsibility free! It simply means you don’t have one fixed location, one fixed workplace or a permanent physical address. It requires fluidity, flexibility and some preparedness in your approach to life, work and home.” Made the whole concept clearier for me.

Maybe there is a calling for you to living #LocationFree.
Become a Global Nomad. A Portable Professional. An Intention Nomad. Read the book.
2 reviews
January 24, 2021
Relevant! Impactful and Life Inspiring! This book is so perfectly placed in the market as we navigate our lives post 2020! There are so many practical and insightful points that encourage the reader to take the plunge into a location free life. By including additional perspectives you are able to dig a bit deeper and even get alternative options of what this life looks like. If you are thinking of exploring a life filled with new experiences, new insights, new cultures and making memories, this might very well be the book you need to devour, as many of your concerns will be addressed as you turn the pages. Well done to Kate and the team of #LocationFree participants for being brave and bold and for sharing their personal experiences for you all to enjoy. Highly recommended!
January 20, 2021
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a quick easy read about all things that I am passionate about but have not yet attempted to do it - living location free in beautiful parts of the world while learning about different places and their people. Kate and all the other location free travellers interviewed in her book have made it sound possible - no matter their age! I love how Kate has broken it down into practical lessons. If you are thinking of trying this lifestyle out then I highly recommend that you read this book first. It will absolutely inspire you to make the move.
Profile Image for Jillian Amatt.
15 reviews
January 18, 2021
This is a very thoughtful guide for those considering a location independent lifestyle, or even for those that currently are! Kate pulls tips and information from all sorts of people that are all living location independent, in all sorts of different scenarios, proving that anybody can adopt this lifestyle. If you are considering this lifestyle, this book is a great start to your journey!
January 20, 2021
Thank you Kate !!!!!
This is a big dream for me and it always seemed so unreachable , till now ,to live and work all over the world !!
You have inspired me with your easy to follow tips and advise . You also made me aware of things that has never been on my radar like looking into tax laws .
I just loved your easy style of story telling and making me part of your journey.-
January 22, 2021
This book gives an amazing insight into living location free and what I love most is that it is aimed at travellers who are 40 plus! I think it will make many readers realise their dream and switch up their lifestyle. The stories and insights from people who are already doing it are inspiring!
Loved it!
January 23, 2021
If you're curious and have been toying with the idea of making the globe your home, then you should consider reading this book. In her usual easy to read style Kate and other #locationfree contributors share valuable tips and advice on how to turn this dream into a reality.

Kate leads the way in living a fearless, adventurous and meaningful life and shows us that anything is possible, whatever our age.

Thanks Kate.
Read
January 24, 2021
This book is fantastic. I'm a digital nomad myself and I can fully identify with Kate's lessons.

Kate is right when she says there is always a reason to say 'no', but believe me there are many more reasons to say 'yes'. Do you feel the need to change your life? Buy the book and go for it! Thank you Kate!

Jan
January 24, 2021
Kate showed me how to do what I've always wanted to do, step out of my life and experience life in any country or continent I could choose, make friends and explore cities I've always dream about.
I loved the easy read and how Kate imports you into her world, thank you Kate, cannot wait for the next one.
Brett Mark Preston
Profile Image for Jennifer Cole.
Author 1 book1 follower
January 25, 2021
I just want to pack my bags and head to the airport! What an insightful and inspirational read. This book is packed with great tips and food for thought. Written in Kate's down-to-earth style, this gem is your one-stop guide to living and working as a global nomad. This is without a doubt my plan for when my teens fly the nest...
Profile Image for Mariah Wolfe.
Author 9 books1 follower
January 24, 2021
Brilliant book, that give answers to all the questions you have when contemplating a locationfree life. Very different people give their perspectives and tips to start and also deal with the challenges. I have been living locationfree for 4 years now and still learned something from the book!
January 25, 2021
Inspirational. Impactful. Practical. Entertaining. Thought provoking. Authentic. Humorous. Inviting. A wonderful window into A Way of Being in the World. Whether or not or you want to go along for the ride or live vicariously through Kate this book certainly encourages you to consider your choices. Another really good read from an Author who lives her talk.
Profile Image for Nancy Benn.
1 review1 follower
December 22, 2020
This is a great read, packed with really useful advice, hints and tips from Kate herself and all 16 contributors who have very different stories.

In each section, Kate explains more about her experience and, based on this, provides some advice on how to live well or negotiate a different lifestyle. There are then the accounts from the other contributors, all nomads, but who have all lived very different #LocationFree lives.

The best thing? All these nomads are aged 40+. They're not Millennials nor Uni students taking a gap year, but mature travellers making the most of a freedom lifestyle. It's their choice of #LocationFree living that's the best option for their individual circumstances.

This book is an easy to read resource for anyone considering living #LocationFree. Reading how others manage to do this may also motivate readers to actively change their lifestyles.
Read
April 25, 2021
When you walk the talk and volunteer to teach the world from your experience.... be authentic and courageous with a pinch of resilience.
Displaying 1 - 16 of 16 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.