Start by marking “Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus: The Mating Season / The Code of the Woosters / Right Ho, Jeeves (Jeeves, #9, 7, & 6)” as Want to Read:

Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus: The Mating Season / The Code of the Woosters / Right Ho, Jeeves (Jeeves #6, 7, 9)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  989 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Includes:

- The Mating Season
- The Code of the Woosters
- Right Ho, Jeeves

From the introduction by Hugh Laurie: "The first thing you should know and probably the last too is that PG Wodehouse is still the funniest writer ever to put words on paper. This much is uncontested by all but the most irretrievably insane. Fact number two: with the Jeeves stories, Wodehouse created t
Published April 26th 2001 by Penguin (first published 1949)

To ask other readers questions about Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus

Theresa
Jun 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I'm using this as a review of all the Jeeves and Wooster Books, as well as Uncle Fred in the Springtime and the Blandings Castle stories. I never got into the Psmith and Mulliner ones.
Wodehouse once said: "believe there are two ways of writing novels. One is mine, making a sort of musical comedy without music and ignoring real life altogther; the other is going right deep down into life and not caring a damn…”

Anyone who has read any Wodehouse knows that he has chosen the latter formula. I love
CC
Feb 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'll use this book as a comment for all of the many Wodehouse books I've read. First, I love P.G. Wodehouse. His books are fantastic--absolute fun and revelry to read. Especially, most especially, Bertie and Jeeves. You have a few firsts in life: first kiss, first Thai food, and first time reading Bertie and Jeeves. I only wish there were more of these stories. What, what, what?
Harish Narayanan
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I just finished reading The Mating Season (one of 3 Jeeves/Wooster books in this omnibus) and it was a blast! This may have been the first PGW book I've read in almost a decade. I loved every minute of it! Classic Wodehouse.
Charlot King
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What can I say. Jeeves and Wooster never fail to lift my spirits and make me chuckle. Some of the best writing for me. Sparse, witty, clever. A definite one to take on an island if stranded, or even just by the pool on holiday
Rachel
Apr 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I don't quite know why these stories of an upper class nit-wit and his butler set in 1930s England appealed so much to my 18-year-old self, but I read them all! I think it had a lot to do with the tales of endless cocktail drinking, swanning around in posh country houses, PG Wodehouse's brilliant humour and everything always working out in the end that still make these an absolute favourite of mine! And the fact that fantastic Stephen Fry & Hugh Laurie played them in the TV series at the tim ...more
Jack
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read The Code of the Woosters and Right Ho, Jeeves! but haven't yet read the The Mating Season. Like all of Wodehouse's Jeeves books these are sublime. Wonderfully structured and break-neck pacing with amazing dialog and hilarious characters in even more hilarious situations. The man's a genius.

Finished The Mating Season (March 2015) and it's a blast. The story isn't quite as strong as others and with Bertie pretending to be Gussie for most of the book, Jeeves is absent. It's nice to see a
Madison Pilotte
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There have been two authors my entire life who have made me literally laugh out loud. One is David Sedaris. The other is P.G. Wodehouse.

My mom used to let me read the books when I was little, partially because they were so witty and entertaining that it was a good way to shut up a particularly inquisitive child, and largely because it's a good demonstration of how idiotic toffs ruin everything but the one reliable man who has all the intelligence, sophistication, and wisdom in the world can fix
Marvin Goodman
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Reading this end-to-end, except in the most perfect circumstances and environment, is probably not the best plan, as the repeating themes can begin to feel hackneyed, despite the wonderful characterizations and dialogue. I keep Wodehouse books on hand to read a story here and a story there (including to my children at night), where they feel like an impromptu conversation with an old and funny friend.
Anil Joshi
I think these are the best three of Wooster and Jeeves. By the way I am a little partial to Wooster as his plans are mostly very good but for his not bring plugged into the network of the working people Jeeves represents. Thus he fails most times where as Jeeves succeeds. I would be rather a Wooster than a Jeeves though as I am hedonistic similar to Berty.
Kathryn
Jan 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Oh, my goodness, these are so funny!! Personal favorite is the novel, The Code of the Woosters. An affair that tests the Wooster soul and the genius of Jeeves to the very limits-involving, among others, Gussie Fink-Nottle, his fiancee Madelaine Bassett, her monstrous father, and and eighteenth century creamer shaped like a cow!
Stephy
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Bertie Wooster is gust right off the top, and I love Jeeves to the point of longing for one of my own. If I had to choose one of them for a friend, I would probably choose Jeeves. He promises to be more entertaining in the long run. What writing! What fun!
Christie
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't live without this book! All of the Jeeves and Wooster stories in one volume for easy devouring. You'll want to reread the stories over and over again, enjoying not just the funny situtations and characters but Wodehouse's unique turns of phrase.
Jessica
Jul 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stories, ha-ha-ha
It really doesn't get any better than Jeeves & Wooster. I like to keep this volume handy for when I need a good laugh, or just an escape. Dipping in at random always results in a treat; for more tenacious doldrums, I just read straight through until my mood changes. Also excellent on audio.
Don
Feb 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I can do no better than Evelyn Waugh: "Mr. Wodehouse's idyllic world can never stale. He will continue to release future generations from captivity that may be more irksome than our own. He has made a world for us to live in and delight in."
Stephen Mander
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Light and chappish, Wodehouse is effervescent company; personally, I can't immerse myself in this without thinking of the world of Gaskell's North and South that predates, but underpins Wooster's foppish existence. But that's probably just me - don't take anything away from Wodehouse.
Dav Lang
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jeeves and Wooster are the funniest books i've ever read. The plots are usually hilariously convoluted and Bertie is always in trouble and the writing and one-liners leave you in tears of laughter. Pure genius.
Carole Dalphin
Aug 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
The stories are a tad predictable, but the BBC tv series was lots of fun, so I had to read these.
Karen
Aug 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
No one is funnier than Wodehouse!
John
The Wooster stories have one psychology, and some of the other novels I'm not so sure about. Is there any official theory that Wodehouse may have had a little help on those?
Simon M Garrett
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
A feast of writing, delivered with aplomb and with something for every palate.
Priyanko Paul
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I try to read and re-read this once a year. Anyone who doesn't like Jeeves and Wooster should be viewed with suspicion.
Amanda Grange
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humour
I love Jeeves and Wooster, they're the perfect pick-me-up.
Ellen Cheetham
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lovely, charming stories that never fail to cheer you up!
Stephen
Sep 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Bally wonderful, what!
Meera Srikant
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jeeves delivers, as always.
Tim
Oct 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! Witty! Smashing, what ho. Jolly good and all that, as Bertie might say. Wodehouse is a droll genius.
Prateeksha S
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fun-reads
The man's King of Frivolity
H
May 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Jeeves and Wooster is very much like a cream tea: Delicious on occasion but a bit much for every meal. Definitely one to dip into from time to time.
Elizabeth Powers
Feb 21, 2007 rated it really liked it
Just pure unadulterated fun. Makes me miss England terribly...
Kathy
Jun 06, 2011 rated it liked it

Jeeves and Wooster Omnibus
by P.G. Wodehouse

Great fun in the old world British style.
  • Tragically I Was an Only Twin: The Complete Peter Cook
  • Fire Down Below (To the Ends of the Earth, #3)
  • A Bit of Fry & Laurie
  • The Trials of Rumpole
  • The Truth About Food: What You Eat Can Change Your Life
  • Absolute Zero: Being the Second Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #2)
  • Mr. Arkadin
  • The Complete Yes Minister
  • Cabin Pressure 2 (Cabin Pressure, #2)
  • The Lost Chronicles: The Official Companion Book with Bonus DVD Behind the Scenes of LOST
  • Arabia
  • Uglydoll, Vol. 1
  • The Onion's Finest News Reporting, Volume 1
  • Final Diagnosis (Sector General, #10)
  • Reading the Gospels Wisely: A Narrative and Theological Introduction
  • The Day They Met
  • Barking
  • Reading in Bed
Sir Pelham Grenville Wodehouse, KBE, was a comic writer who enjoyed enormous popular success during a career of more than seventy years and continues to be widely read over 40 years after his death. Despite the political and social upheavals that occurred during his life, much of which was spent in France and the United States, Wodehouse's main canvas remained that of prewar English upper-class so ...more
More about P.G. Wodehouse...

Jeeves (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • My Man Jeeves (Jeeves, #1)
  • The Inimitable Jeeves (Jeeves, #2)
  • Carry on, Jeeves (Jeeves, #3)
  • Very Good, Jeeves! (Jeeves, #4)
  • Right Ho, Jeeves (Jeeves, #6)
  • The Code of the Woosters (Jeeves, #7)
  • Joy in the Morning (Jeeves, #8)
  • The Mating Season (Jeeves, #9)
  • Ring for Jeeves (Jeeves, #10)
“You probably think that being a guest in your aunt's house I would hesitate to butter you all over the front lawn and dance on the fragments in hobnailed boots, but you are mistaken. It would be a genuine pleasure. By an odd coincidence I brought a pair of hobnailed boots with me!' So saying, and recognising a good exit line when he saw one, he strode out, and after an interval of tense meditation I followed him. (Spode to Wooster)” 8 likes