Start by marking “Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning” as Want to Read:
Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning

Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning

The world feels overwhelming. So much is happening that everything seems chaotic and confusing. Deep inside we also know things could be different, that life could be better. We feel the need for change.

How do we make sense of it all? How do we move past the discomfort we are feeling and navigate toward meaningful change? What lies ahead in our journey of personal growth?
Published December 12th 2020 by Rivail Publishing Company
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about Our Road to Damascus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Road to Damascus

Start your review of Our Road to Damascus: 7 Lessons for a Life of Purpose and Meaning
Raju Chacko
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All with sufficient maturity
Recommended to Raju by: Reedsy Discovery
This is a serious book, but you may find it a treasure. You've been chasing pretty rainbows all your life, and without exception, each one has turned to ashes in your hands. You've tried it again and again and now you're fed up with trying; like John Lennon who sang (towards the end of his life) “... All I want is the truth now, Just gimme some truth now.” You know you desperately need true meaning and purpose in life... Then why not undertake the trip to your “Damascus” – maybe, you'll find it ...more
John Connolly
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking

I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.

As I read this book I couldn't help but feel like Dr Assisi was working through some things himself and this book was his therapeutic catalyst. Honestly, I find that healthy and intimately vulnerable on his part to share with us, and reminds me of one of my favorite authors, Fr Henri Nouwen.

His insights into this brief but very impacted encounter between Christ and Paul on the road to Damascus stirred deep thoughts within me. My gre
Reildo
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very thought-provoking and inspiring book.
This Quick read based on the apostle Paul's life is beautiful in its simplicity and accessibility. It is written in such a way that virtually anyone can understand it.
The language is appropriate even for those who are not Christian but are seeking some spiritual growth in a practical way.
I highly recommend this book to anyone who perhaps needs a new perspective on how to see and face our daily challenges always learning and growing.
Anna
Kathy
Jasmine
Justin Olson
Dec 03, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: page count needed for Our Road to Damascus 2 11 Dec 29, 2020 10:16AM

• Crossing the River: Seven Stories That Saved My Life, A Memoir
  • Why Couples Fight: A Step-By-Step Guide to Ending the Frustration, Conflict, and Resentment in Your Relationship
  • The 7 Gears of Business
  • Ravish Me with Rubies (The London Jewels Trilogy Book 3)
  • Facing Life Challenges: The ABCs of One Woman's Journey to Healing Her Heart
  • Who Would You Rather Be?: A book about values, morals, and the purpose of living life. (Inner Truth)
  • Rethink: Smashing the Myths of Women in Business
  • Zandra: My Daughter, Diabetes, and Lessons in Love
  • Discovering the Inner Mother
  • Cycle of Lives: 15 People's Stories, 5,000 Miles, and a Journey Through the Emotional Chaos of Cancer
  • Can't Slow Down: How 1984 Became Pop's Blockbuster Year
  • Live Like Sean: Important Life Lessons from My Special-Needs Son
  • Spiritual Intercourse
  • The Almighty Father
  • Saved by a Song: The Art and Healing Power of Songwriting
  • The Red Horse
  • The Cipher (Nina Guerrera, #1)
  • Billionaire Ghost Tour
Dan Assisi, Ed.D., MPA, PMP is an author and internationally celebrated speaker who has delivered hundreds of talks and conferences on spirituality in over 60 cities in 4 continents.

Known for a mix of deep thinking and witty humor, Dan takes a unique approach to spirituality that is steeped in reason to remind audiences everywhere of our spiritual nature.

Dr. Assisi was featured in the Togetherne