Start by marking “Frosted (Regency Retold #2)” as Want to Read:
Frosted (Regency Retold #2)

Frosted

(Regency Retold #2)

Can two people hate each other more than these two?

She has a heart of stone. He is the notorious pirate every lady swoons for.
They have vowed never to meet again.

Captain Timothée Vaughn
Heart: Broken
Face: Gorgeous
Tone: Acidic
Pirate: Yes, he is
Marital Status: Forced into an engagement
Willing to: Break his own arm to escape his wedding tomorrow.

Lady Stella DeWinter:
Heart: Fro
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition
Published February 20th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Frosted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frosted

Start your review of Frosted (Regency Retold #2)
Daniiireads
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Regency novels are a bit outside of my wheelhouse, but when I saw that Frosted involved a devilishly handsome pirate, I was sold!

Frosted follows privateer Captain Vaughn and his former flame Stella after they have reconnected some several years since she left him at the alter. The two have a very complicated relationship, and both seem to hate the other. Vaughn must deal with his betrayal and Stella must reveal her reasoning for leaving, but can the two repair what was destroyed?

Frosted is a c
S.M. Yair-Levy
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Stay frozen, stay covered in frost and ice… Don’t you dare feel anything.”

I’m starting to think M.C. Frank cannot write a bad book. Her retellings are magic and ‘Frosted’ is no exception. The plot/settings, and how Frank so effectively gives each character a distinct, infectious personality of their own is so outstanding that it renders me speechless.

Without going into the details, the book starts off with a scandal and then quickly unfolds into a passionate tale between a tortured pirate and
Rizki Reads
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
"Can two people hate each other more than these two? She has a heart of stone. He is the notorious pirate every lady swoons for. They have vowed never to meet again."
I was sold the moment I read that part of the blurb. A gorgeous pirate and a cold lady? Throwing them both in a story of hate to love romance? Hell YES!

This book follows a story of two people who seem to have hated each other for years. Captain Timothèe Vaughn, a pirate who appears so strong and can fight anybody. Lady Stella DeWin
Valerie
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
“The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside. Couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I’ve tried.” - Disney’s Frozen

We’ve all been there.. we’ve all hidden things, put others first in order to protect them.. it’s a tale as old as time especially as a woman. We don’t ever want to be pitied or thought of as weak and unable to do something so we do our best to persevere even though in the end all we do is hurt ourselves.

This book, man, it got to me more than I thought it would. The first couple
Rebeka
Actual rating: 4.5 stars
I got an ARC from the author in exchange of my honest review! Thank you so much M. C. Frank!

If you are a fan of enemies to lovers trope, with adventure, angst, and with a dash of ill-fated-but-so-meant-to-be lovers, this book is for you! Do you like pirate adventures? Regency era novels? IF YES, please do read this book!

It was amazing! I loved the easiness, the flowy style of the writing, the characters and how layered they were. This is a gorgeous story of love, redemp
Amber Lewis
Feb 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for a review.

Captain Vaughn has been jilted before, but he will always love the girl who let him. Stella had her reasons and, but she also has her regrets. At first glance, they hate each other, but what may start off as enemies, quickly turns to something else. In this beautifully written regency novel, pirates meet Bridgerton in a tale of betrayal and lost love. Can two people with such a complicated relationship, overcome everything between them and find love ag
Alena
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Frosted is a lovely story set in the regency era between enemies to lovers and second chances.
Captain Vaughn and Stella are young and in love, but something happens and she ends her engagement.

Time passes and the two have a complicated life, but when fate brings them together, how to say no.
I really like the characters, once you connect with them and their story, you only wish peace and happiness for the characters.Captain Vaughn is not afraid to express his feelings and Stella is an independent
Chey3995
Shelves: romance
Jane Austen meets Princess Bride, and the result is Frosted.
Frosted is a clean enemies to lovers romance that follows the story of Captain Timothee Vaughn and Stella Gray. Fate brought them together once and then through twists and turns, has kept them coming back to each other. There are a lot of surprises throughout the novel, and even towards the end you are still unsure the what the outcome will be for the pair.
This was sweet and romantic and made me fall in love with Captain Vaughn and Ste
Richard Goodrum
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it
From the Christmas scene, about a third of the way in, the story drags on interminably. The pace picks up when spring arrives but the story darkens soon afterwards. The story is very uplifting at the end but not enough, for me, to overcome all of the anger, fear, loathing, and hate that I had to endure.

Entertaining. Happily Ever After. Haunting. Romantic. Scary. Tragic. Twisted. Unpredictable. Wonderful characters.

I received a review copy of this book from a third party. This is my honest review
Marilyn Smith
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing

This story has Captain Vaughn and Stella meeting again several years after she’d left him at the alter. He’s still angry about her betrayal and doesn’t want to see her but fate has other plans. She had a reason for doing what she did but will he listen to her? As they go back and forth will they work it out and see if they get a second chance to be together? I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Kristina Bauer
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
*I read an ARC of Frosted provided by author with the promise of providing a review.

This book gave me all the warm fuzzies. I fell in love with the characters. I was heartbroken when they fell apart, I was renewed when they continued to find each other. Their love is what many of us long for and what we look to romance novels to showcase. It was all the better for showing a man willing to express his emotions and a woman not constricted to societal norms. I also really was glad that this didn’t
Stacey Woods
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Once I read the first chapter I was sold. From the very beginning, you will be hooked. This is a story of a pirate named Captain Vaughn and a cold lady named Stella. Their love is magical but something happens to turn them against each other. They are brought back together and all their feelings re-ignite. It was beautifully written with great characters.
Billie
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great drama and romance with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Debbie Eyre
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic heart wrenching romance that gripped me and would not let go! A pirate and an ice lady who apparently hate and dislike each other but look again because under all the regrets, the pain, the tears there’s love and romance worth dying for! There’s secrets, twists and turns and betrayal in this beautifully hauntingly written, regency style story and it is so worth a read!
Celine
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was sent the eARC by the author for an honest review.
3.5/4 stars.
I really enjoyed Frosted, it was a fun enemies to lovers/second chance read. I liked the direction it went, especially with more serious events along with the fun and cutesy!
Fiona Andrew
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fabulous story of love, loss, redemption and then happily after. Totally fell in love with Captain Vaughn. Most definitely a villain of the first water. Grab yourself a copy and curl up in your favourite reading spot and enjoy. Highly recommended..
Louise
Feb 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was not expecting to be so emotionally affected by this story. Expecting the normal type of love story, I was really surprised to find myself crying and smiling as I read. I stayed up too late because I wanted to finish this wonderful uplifting novel.
Joanna
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
A sweet second chance romance, a tale of love, loss and redemption. The story is character driven, twisty, atmospheric, and emotional. I was invested in these characters and their struggles, and was rooting for them. A lovely read.
Sylvia
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very much enjoyed this book. It’s a bit unusual and brings up issues about the human condition not just contained to the Regency era. Strong characters and excellent world building. Can whole heartedly recommend this book.
Rowan Elisabeth Creech
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A twisted tale of hate, betrayal, and love set with a swashbuckling captain. what is there not to love in this book full of adventure and tension to pop your seams. This was a really enjoyable read.
The Swoony Awards
Nominated for a 2021 Swoony Award, to vote click here: https://tinyurl.com/y593ce67 ...more
Penny
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers with intrigue and mystery? Yes please! This book is so much fun to read! I'm obsessed with the characters and the world building. Definitely would recommend! ...more
M.C.
Jan 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Vaughn&Stella

Read the first chapters for free here.
Jason
Feb 21, 2021
Laurie Moore
Feb 20, 2021
Julie
rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2021
Jillian Walker
Hadassa Holzapfel
Rachelle Zeke
Feb 01, 2021

• Concrete Rose (The Hate U Give, #0)
  • Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1)
  • Kings Rising (Captive Prince, #3)
  • Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • These Rebel Waves (Stream Raiders, #1)
  • New Kid (New Kid, #1)
  • Magonia (Magonia, #1)
  • Aerie (Magonia, #2)
  • Elements of Faith
  • The Cursed Sea (The Glass Spare, #2)
  • The Glass Spare (The Glass Spare, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
  • Captive Prince (Captive Prince, #1)
  • Cloaked in Shadow (The Dragori, #1)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Punching the Air
  • Lore
Welcome to the engrossing world of M.C. FRANK's books, where characters aren't going to have an easy time of it: They will find themselves in icy-cold dystopian worlds where kissing is forbidden (among other things), or in green forests ruled by evil Sheriffs. If they're in Jane Austen's England, they have to be running away from a traumatic childhood, or if they are in our contemporary world, th ...more

Regency Retold (2 books)
  • Ruined (Regency Retold #1)

News & Interviews