Start by marking “Shattered Dreams” as Want to Read:
Shattered Dreams

Shattered Dreams

**Phoenix**

Shhh ... don’t scream
I prayed the hand over my mouth would suffocate me
before I ever had to tell my best friend the truth.
I loved Logan Ducane—he was everything to me.
But my secrets ripped our families apart.
I’ve spent the last four years trying to rebuild a life worth living,
and trying to find my voice after I’d lost so much.
Four years of progress ...
GONE.
I t
Published December 12th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Dreams

Start your review of Shattered Dreams
M

Overall a good read and I'm anticipating that I'll enjoy book 2 ever more so! Glad I don't have to wait too long for it because I'm dying to see how the author is going to play out the plot with the characters. This book wasn't very dark (imo, but some of the story could be triggering for some. So for sure heed the warning). The story kept me engaged and I had a fondest for most of the people in the book. Not much steam though. Hope that picks up in the next book.

My heart hurt for what
Valentina
Noteworthy!

This is the kind of story that grabs your attention from the first word, relentlessly capturing you until you unwittingly arrive to the end, dying to read the next release!

What an intriguing tale of childhood friends shaped by traumatic events in their shared past, who years later meet again, changed in ways that influence their interactions: Phoenix, out to live a rewarding new life; Logan, out for retribution. But the past holds secrets.

I loved the characters in this book! Loved th
Tina
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc. This is Amber Torney’s debut novel and you wouldn’t know it by her amazing writing or her characters. I loved the way Phoenix stood up for herself and didn’t take the bullying that was thrown at her. This is the first book in her series and boy am I glad that they’re are more to come. I started this book at around 7 am and by 12pm I was done because I couldn’t put it down. It’s a slow burn but given what Phoenix has gone through it makes sense for her.
Crystal Villalba
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book is beautiful. Both main characters are beautifully broken. Such an epic beginning to this crazy love story. Young love torn apart by crazy events. Amber Torney truly created wonderful and unique characters in her book. I could feel the hate and hurt they were feeling. I was even screaming at the book in some parts and crying in others. Phoenix and Logan will pull at your heart strings.

The ending was crazy too. Such a cliffhanger. I can't wait for book two. I'm loving this series s
Caroline
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Her debut novel was something else! It is a slow burn, reverse harem that will leave you wanting more. Phoenix is girl who has experienced trauma at the hands of someone close. After what is thought to be the secret is out, she loses her best friend Logan. Fast forward 4 years another heartbreak happens for Phoenix that has her moving to the US with family friends. To with the best friend who left her lives.

She starts to put her life together which is difficult when the boy you love hates you a
Ashleigh
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loving this

This is a new to me author and so far I’m loving this series. I’d say it’s upper YA for some of the subjects bought up and so far the book had been fairly PG. There is talk of historical abuse and rape but nothing is seen ‘on page’ in this one. I love the darker storyline and the main characters having different ties to each other and connections to Phoenix. Although this isn’t a completely new and never been done before storyline it has a different spin on it and the writing is done
Sandra Devine
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can not wait for book 2

This book was recommended to me by my daughter danielle.and I'm glad she did; I couldn't put it down.the characters really drew me in and I had a bucket load of emotions going on.congrats can't wait for more.
Libby
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First off I can’t praise Amber enough for her debut novel, Amber had me intrigued and engaged from the get go!

Amber has a fantastic way with words that had me on the edge of my seat, I seriously could not put this book down.

The characters are so well written, Phoenix like her name has risen from the ashes of her stronger and better than before. This poor girl has gone through so much in her short life and still fighting.

Phoenix even tho she’s had a hard life has shown growth through out this boo
Felicia
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Dreams by Amber Torney is a dark bully romance and is the first book in The Breakout Crew series.

The book does come with a caution "This book contains Dark and often confronting themes that some may find TRIGGERING"

This is Amber's debut novel and she knocked it out of the park. The book was absolutely amazing! I was hooked from the very first chapter and I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I am loving the friendship between Phoenix, Cami, and Luca. I can't wait to se
Chey3995
Aug 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Phoenix had traumatic events happen that landed her dad in jail for killing a man. Her friendship with her best friend ended, because he has misconceptions about what happened, and now her mother is gone. She is forced to move in with her ex best friend who hates her, and deal with what will happen when the truth comes out to him about what happened to her.

This book is a rollercoaster, and it has me hooked from the start. I love Phoenix and her spunk. She's not afraid to stand up for herself and
Tiffany Thomson
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to be given this book as an Advanced copy for an honest review. I really loved this book. It starts off with Phoenix having a life changing event that changes the course of her life. She is brought back to a place that she had a life Traumatic event. Phoenix is uprooted and brought back to live with her ex bestfriend Logan. I liked the characters in this book. It's the typical bully book with a few fresh twists. There's a few twists and turns in this book that has you qustioni ...more
Kaja 'Nelson' Ekern
I am obsessed! This is Amber’s first book and it blew me away! Phoenix is a girl with a past that nearly broke her, but she’s strong and can overcome anything. Until her life is turned upside down again. She’s 17, moving to a new country, and living with the boy she used to love. What could possibly go wrong?! This book has everything! The ending with have you wanting to throw your kindle and yelling WTF?!!!! It’s a must read!!! You won’t regret it!!!!

I received this book as an ARC for an honest
Cat Vann
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A surprising new release that will take you on an emotional ride!
Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2020
I am still reeling from this new release! There’s so much emotion in these pages that you can literally feel them yourself. The way the author has captured my attention and held onto it through each chapter has me begging for more.

Each chapter has a new twist that would set my heart racing and my anxiety into a frenzy. These is the kind of page turner book you need in your life.

You’l
Heather Flores
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book, just a page turner. Sadly I finished it a little too fast and I want more. Phoenix is a survivor, and Logan needs to get his head outa his ass, while Stryker and Jonah are such sweet hearts! Phoenix’s friends are the best when it comes to everything!!! The trauma that she has suffered is undeniably heartbreaking, but Phoenix is a survivor and she is a fighter. She doesn’t let anything keep her down. She’s inspirational! Cant wait for the next book in the series. Great firs ...more
Monique Edenwood
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I absolutely loved this debut novel by Amber Torney.
Phoenix is such a vivid and engaging character. She's a fighter and a survivor and I rooted for her fervently. Her friends are total badasses and I loved how they supported her. Logan is a complex but riveting character. At times you want to slap him as we do with all bad boys, but the deep connection he feels towards Phoenix is palpable and I can't wait to find out his growth arc.
The writing was beautiful and captivating. Can't wait to r
Rebecca Diaz
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amber Torney’s debut book has left me speechless! The storyline was beautiful, the plot was amazing and the characters made me fall in love with them! Phoenix has had a lot of trauma in her life, but she seems to be very resilient! This book was so well written that I never would have guessed that this was a debut book! I instantly fell in love with this series and the characters and cannot wait for the next book!
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered Dreams is a slow burn, reverse harem, debut novel. It portrays the growth and rebuilding of Phoenix after going through a traumatic event at a young age. Phoenix relies on new friends to help her learn to stand up for herself and what’s right and wrong. This was a real page turner and I didn’t want to put it down but at the same time I didn’t want it to end... especially with that cliffhanger! Can’t wait for book 2!
Chelsea Cardenas
This is a great book and man I read it in one sitting! Phoenix is a bad ass survivor! Logan needs to grow up, Stryker and Jonah are such sweet hearts! And all of Phoenix’s friends are great!!! I loved seeing how Phoenix’s fights to get better and stay better after the trauma she has suffered. She’s an inspiring character! I look forward to the next book. And it was so good for it being your first book!!!!
Stephanie Ward
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about one emotional ride. I was hooked after only a couple pages. Phoenix is strong but how much can she take? I found myself crying, laughing and even angry. I love how easy it was for me to become invested with these characters. This is 100% a must read. I can not wait until book 2. Thank you for sharing this world with me.
Dayna Dupre
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! Amber Torney's book Shattered Dreams kept me riveted to my Kindle. I just couldn't put it down. The characters are well developed and my emotions are all over the place. I can't wait for the next installment of this series by this awesome author! ...more
Gina Brown
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is the first book I have read from this author and I am speechless..It was incredible..It was angsty, and dark and sometimes i wanted to pull out my hair but this book is a must read on all counts..
Phoenix has been traumatized in more ways than one and when she is thrown back into the life of her once best friend, things go from bad to worse. Logan and his boys are hell bent on destroying her for something that happened years before. What will happen when Logan finds out he was wrong.
Nicole
Feb 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sooo good. Immediately hooked, 10% in had me wanting to cry. So very dark, with potential trigger issues for rape, so be warned prior to reading. Slow burn. Nothing more than a few kisses, due to the nature of the book.

Phoenix is strong, but healing. She fights to survive each and every day. But her abrupt move, and confrontation with an old, lost friend, causes her past to haunt her again.

She she begins her new life, she has to learn who to trust. Who is out to get her, and who can she count
Carla Mclemore
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Phoenix and Logan were the best of friends growing up until a tragedy ripped them apart.  Logan was given some misinformation regarding the tragedy and vowed to get his revenge on Phoenix when her circumstances changed and she had to move in with his family. Our girl did not take anything lying down however.  As a budding ballet dancer, she also took self defense classes in order to better defend herself.  She had had a lot of trauma in her life including a loss of a parent and another in prison ...more
BookmarkedbyKat
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harems
This book is INTENSE! It’s a story that immediately snags your attention and doesn’t let up.

Phoenix had gone though Hell and as soon as she’s getting herself ‘better’ tragedy strikes again and she’s uprooted from her home and forced to start a new high school with someone who blames her for something that was out of her control.

I love the storyline and seeing Phoenix’s character growing. I cannot wait for Book 2 and to see if Logan is redeemable.
Brittany (happy.ending.always)
So Need Book 2! So AMAZING!!!

Holy wow!!! That ending, oh my gosh!!! This book was absolutely incredible. It had so many great twists that grabbed my attention and kept it so I couldn’t put it down. I wasn’t sure where it was going.

I so need book 2 so badly!!! As soon as I finished this book, I pre-ordered book 2 so I wouldn’t miss it the day it came out. I have so many unanswered questions!!! But that showcases an excellent book series, leaving the reader wanting so much more.

Phoenix is a fig
Richelle Zirkle
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I need book two ASAP!

I enjoyed diving into Phoenix’s world. I have a girl crush on this sweet, strong girl. I love that she’s surrounded by some pretty great secondary characters (male and female) too! Now if we came just solve this mystery of the stalker and get Logan’s head on straight...
Ashley Daley
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book from a new author!

This book started out deep. You were thrown right into the emotions from the very beginning and they didn't let up at all. Phoenix is one strong girl for the crap she has gone through. And that dang ending! Can't wait for March
Melissa
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Eager for more

Review: This is the start to what I think will be a really good series. This is a debut novel for this author so I feel (at least in my ARC copy) there were a few issues with flow and tenses but they got better as the book progressed. I thought it was a good storyline with characters I am eager to learn more about. Definitely looking forward to book 2.
Sadie Jacks
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance
While I'm not a huge fan of bully romance, Amber did such an amazing job of writing this one that it just sucks you and doesn't let go until the very end. I can't wait for more from this author! ...more
Meg Elle
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this new enemies to lover's RH from a brand new author. It's a good first book for a first time author. A little short for a new series but there is already a preorder for the sequel. Interesting storyline and I liked how the story flashbacked to the past. The chapters were short and we get multiple povs. The presentation plus the storyline keeps you reading . The story line deals with trauma well. The did end on a cliffhanger and I will be reading to see what happens next. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Three Divisions (Crescentwood, #1)
  • Two Forces (Crescentwood, #2)
  • The Better Bully
  • Desecrated Flesh (Desecrated Duet, #1)
  • The Pact (The Preacher’s Daughter,#1)
  • One Family (Crescentwood, #3)
  • Finn
  • Tormented Royal (The Knights of Echoes Cove, #1)
  • Breakers (Academy of Stardom, #3)
  • Anarchy (Hades, #2)
  • Diver's Heart
  • No Good Deed (Bad Habits Duology, #1)
  • Hidden in Darkness (Salvatore Preparatory Academy, #1)
  • 7th Circle (Hades, #1)
  • Torment: Part One (The Bleeding Hearts, #1)
  • Brutal Lies (Pacific Prep, #2)
  • Until Autumn
  • Desecrated Essence (Desecrated Duet, #2)

News & Interviews

Novelist Isabel Allende is almost 80, and her career shows no signs of slowing down. In the past year, she’s published two books: a memoir, The...