Start by marking “A Vow Of Hate (A Vow of Hate, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Vow Of Hate (A Vow of Hate, #1)

A Vow Of Hate

(A Vow of Hate #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  11,882 ratings  ·  1,725 reviews
"An all-new standalone hate-to-love, arranged marriage romance with a TWIST from Lylah James."

“Once upon a time…”

Hate consumed him.
Love wrecked me.
That night changed both our lives, turning our beginning into something toxic. We were poison together and there was no antidote.

Our story began like any other fairy tale ended.
With a beautiful wedding.
One kiss.
Two rings.
Three v
Published January 22nd 2021 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about A Vow Of Hate, please sign up.

·  11,882 ratings  ·  1,725 reviews

Start your review of A Vow Of Hate (A Vow of Hate, #1)
❀ Rose ❀
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

🔹 Overall feelings:
〰 I honestly don’t know what to say. It’s been a while since I’ve had such a hard time writing a review but I’m gonna try to be as thorough as I possibly can. I liked some things in this book but I also really really hated some others. Without further ado, let me get into the nitty gritty parts of this book.

🔹 What I liked about this book:
〰 I actually really enjoyed the writing style and I truly think that this author is a talented story teller. I also think that
Drey
3.5 Stars!

... A vow of hate not love.

Because I'm generous, I've rounded it off to four.

If I completely based my rating on my current feelings, this would most likely be two stars or less. But nope. My personal feelings aren't a reliable preference this time.

Note: This is an arranged marriage, enemies to lovers romance.

I have a not-so-little problem with the hero. I'm not convinced of the development of his character. The things he did to the heroine in the beginning was asshole-ish and I th
K
my husband would never (view spoiler)

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

thinking imma pop my ✨lylah james✨ cherry with this one bc

"If I want to fuck you – whenever, wherever and however I want, I will.
If I want to hurt you
, I will.
You are my wife
, Julianna.
You took vows.
To love
, to cherish, to obey... till death do us part.

Do you remember my vows
, wife?"

["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
naz
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
New drinking game: Take a drink every time you see the words "salvation", "atone" and "sin". Extra shot if they're all in the same sentence.

note: (view spoiler)

I didn't connect with the characters, i really wasn't invested in the story even after the plot twist which i kind of figured out early on in the book. T
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Pixaloop-26-01-2021-08-51-32-8890000

Lately I'm not really in a reading mode - but I knew I had to read this book... and even though it took me a while to finish - I was not disappointed! 👏

📚 "𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫, 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫; 𝐈 𝐯𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲.” 📚

Killian Spencer and Julianna Romano were arranged to be married by their fathers. He was supposed to marry his beloved Gracelynn, Julianna's sister and best friend, but she died on a tragic car accident. 💔💍
Killian was so heart broken that he vowed
Bee

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of alphaholes and sweet heroines, and the premise of the book really did excite me so much. But this was not it!

I am so disappointed and annoyed. I thought I'd be writing a lengthy, rant review but spending my time doing that doesn't appeal to me at the moment, so I'm going to try to keep this short.

The dramatics in this were too much for me, they took away so much from the main romance. The big twist was predictable and very poorly handled. I was int
♡tanaz♡
3.5 angsty stars for Killian & Julianna!

This book was full of twists (some a little predictable), but they still hit me and had me shook none the less. From the beginning, this love story started out ugly, with too much pain for the couple to ever survive, so the question is did they?

How do you fall in love with the girl who is responsible for the death of your betrothed? Especially when she is the younger sister of your lover? Was all as it seemed, or is there more behind this tragedy? Lylah J
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g 30547322-SX540-2

'VOW OF HATE' Is a full length stand-alone arranged marriage romance novel by Lylah James

Yesterday was spent on the couch inhaling this beauty, from that point onwards the world ceased to exist, until that last page was devoured. All the feels, all the angst, all the hatred, all the twists and turns, the old feel this story undertook had me enjoying this until the end. But with a wee bit of fine tuning this would've easily been a 5 star read for me, words were repeated throughout repe
 ⚔Irunía⚔
“Oh, how I missed you, my love,”...
“You missed me too?”...
“I love you, sweet girl.”

What a sweet and emotional reunion between Julianna and her... mare Ragna 👉👈🥺 I low-key feel sorry for Killian, lol. But all jokes aside, just how way more touching and tearful can the reunion with your favourite pet be in comparison to the one with your lover? Or in comparison with any other scene in the book for that matter.

A few random thoughts that occurred to me during the reading/

The revenge aspect

“I vow to
Jade Violet
Dec 21, 2020 is currently reading it
Shelves: 2021, lendable-books
It is so on!

It is here, live!

124633658-663115531020810-1982490947651368902-o

Bring me something HOT and preferably with a major asshole.

120846927-637885886877108-5289603131494159014-o
julia ♪
3 'Beasty' Stars

I killed his love and he wanted vengeance.

-ˏˋ Take 30 Million and a Half ˎˊ-

This review has taken me an absurdly long amount of time to write. I have been trying to review A Vow of Hate for almost a month. I'm in this weird conundrum where I have so much to say while at the same time I have very little to say. On the one hand I have to, nay, I need to convey how laughably dramatic and overly serious this book was. It was so dramatic that the title of this book should'
Bella -

It would have been easy to say that Killian was the villain.
I was the villain in this messy fairy tale.

“I will break you, Julianna Romano.”
You can’t break what’s already broken.

“I hate you but I crave you. I hate you but I need you.”
“Hate is too simple a word to describe what we have, what I feel for you. It’s not hatred... It’s so much more. It’s chaos”

niteskycs
2 stars

(view spoiler)
benevolent bastard
Jan 26, 2021 rated it liked it
I found myself getting tired of reading them going around in circles being elusive. “I hate you” “you’re maddening” “this is my atonement”. Okay. Over it. Only to have the next page reveal stuff to make my head spin.
Nazanin
May 31, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

“I vow to spend the rest of my life making you regret what you did to Gracelynn. To hurt you, to break you… and to hate you for the rest of our days. I will never be your protector, never your defender; I vow to be the villain in your story.”
“In health and in sickness, through sorrow and pain, for all the days in my life, I will be your worst nightmare.”
“Till death do us part…”

Julianna & Killian’s marriage was Killian’s vengeance and their bond isn’t about love but hatred; his retaliati
Hiba ✰
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
Desperately waiting for this book!!
Can’t wait to meet killian and julianna 😌🖤🖤

This book was a disappointment. I do not even know what to write. I gave this book two stars bc I love Lylah James & the middle of the book was sort of interesting.😭😖
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Jan 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

Edit To Come

Where do I start?
This book was postponed so many times, that created a lot of expectations with the waiting game.
I'm actually torn between 3 and 4 Stars, and I'll tell you why...

This book have an AMAZING plot!
The story itself is really incredible and original.
I didn't saw that plot twist coming, halfway into the the book, and I was like 😲😱🤯😥!
And then I was like YES, BITCH!
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
Finally something good!

Because before that plot twist (around 50% in the
Crystal
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-romance

A Vow Of Hate is at all of what I was expecting. It so much more. I have been counting down to the release date; I saw Controversy over the book and so many reviews. I regularly go in with an open mind and happy I read Killian and Julianna's journey.

Killian, oh how I love thee. I didn't always care for him. In the first half of the book, he is a complete Jerk (sometimes downright cruel) to Julianna as he is forced to marry her, a marriage contract between the two families. He only see
Tamara
Dec 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
EDIT: DNF it. Spoilers ahead:
It was bad y'all. It was extremely bad. I don't know how to explain but I just couldn't read this. I knew the tropes but the author said that we have to wait to read it before judging it and maybe I'm wrong and I should have continued but I can't do this.
This book follows Julianna and Killian Spencer. The first chapter introduces us to Julianna because she just got into a car accident and she lost her sister Gracelynn. She is grieving, she is lost and she is dealing
Antonella

I'm exhausted after reading this..
Now, I don't need linear writing to make sense of the plotline but I don't also need this jumping around with the story.

* the plot twist
* the dialogue
* the characters
* the writing

and that veil thing

... Lost  In Bookland...
Well, Lylah James did make us wait, prolonging the release of this story of unrequired love, heartbreak, jealousy, and redemption. Drop by drop teasing us with small unrelated parts that only managed to inflame the readers' imagination .... Cruelty, pain, death, revenge .... every single bit is so skillfully intertwined in a story that talks about the fine line between hate and love. A story in which truths are hidden behind a black veil and the borders are shifted...
If you manage to kill love,
Lylah James
Jan 15, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I have an official release date for AVOH. This time, it's set and OFFICIAL... as in it's impossible for me to even change the release date because Amazon won't allow me to, haha!

A VOW OF HATE is coming on Friday 22nd, as listed on the Amazon page (up for pre-order).

One - It gives ARC readers time to read and review the book.

Two - Amazon has locked me into this date and I can't push or bring the release up. So, it's set for January 22nd. There's no changing this date now.

Three - ARCs should go
Mahima
May 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
WTAF?? What is wrong with the writer of this book? Was this kind of drama even required? I think it has wrongly fallen into a different genre.

The heroine is the biggest emotional mess I've ever read about. She literally HATES herself which I believe is the worst character about anyone.

The hero is very very cruel (atleast in the beginning) and most of the time he's just a victim in the hands of the heroine.
I actually feel pity on him. He mourned for the loss of his love for three freaking years w
mila
Jan 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭’𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 – 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬."

Julianna Romano is just looking for ways to pay for her sins after the accident that took her sister's life and changed everything forever, spending years looking for ways to hurt, and marrying Killian Spencer is her greatest punishment.

If I'm being totally honest I wasn't really sure about this book, because of THAT trope that isn't one of my fav, but I'm happy I read it anyway. This was pure angst and pain
flor
Jan 22, 2021 rated it liked it
3✨

This was entertaining and gave me a vibe to some harlequins that I love
Alayna
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Listen to me very carefully. You will marry me; you will pay for your sins and you will die at my hands."

What was this! It was awesome! I still haven't recovered from its influence. The damn book was so beautiful that I read over and over a hundred quotes I marked.
I’m still under the influence of the book and have no idea when this will end.
As the name suggests, the book is enemies to lovers. Of course, I knew I was going to read a hate relationship rather than a name, but I felt it to the
SimplyƝì₭

"Red is the color of extremes, Princess. It’s many things. Violence. Passion. Wrath”

A forced arrange marriage. A man with a dead heart weds his true love's sister. The sister is riddled with guilty and self loathing. Will there love survive? Can they find love where hate grows? Will the demands of their family break them? Ah this was a torrid tale of regret, hate, and passion.

This was a solid read for me. 3.75⭐️ I wanted to rate it higher, but some elements didn't work. I wish there was mor
Sentranced Jem
Jul 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-5-stars
I think it’s suffice to say that we’ve waited a long time for this book. I mean, the teasers alone were 🔥🤤 it got so many tongues wagging.So I won’t deny that I did a little happy dance when A Vow of Hate landed in my kindle.

Let’s give it you straight. I didn’t like A Vow of Hate. The hype didn’t live up to my expectation. As a fan of Lylah’s others series, I was ready to fall hopelessly in love with the book. But I found EVERYTHING to be so OVER THE TOP!

Half the time I was thinking to myself
Corinne
I finally got to read A vow of hate by new-to-me author Lylah James.
I confess I struggled a bit with this rating. Some parts in this book are definite 5-star and some are 2-star.
The book follows the "over the top angsty" relationship between Julianna and Killian. They are forced into a marriage of convenience by their fathers even if Killian hates Julianna for having a car accident while driving drunk and killing her sister, his beloved fiancée.
What ensues is a twisted story between two very b
✩ Yaz ✩
3.5 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️💫

"You will marry me; you will pay for your sins and you will die at my hands.”

A Vow of Hate takes us through a heart wrenching story of two tortured souls bound by holy vows of love and vengeance.

For the vows I took were sacred while his were tarnished with vengeance. Our love story was doomed from the beginning.

This book was so emotionally gripping and it quenched my craving for an arranged marriage and hate-to-love stories and let me tell you that it is one of the most intense hat

• Forbidden Fate (Crowne Point #3)
  • Medicine Man (Heartstone, #1)
  • Destroyed (Omega’s Destruction, #3)
  • He Hates Me (Hate & Love Duet, #1)
  • Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy, #3)
  • The Archer (Lost Omegas #1)
  • Own to Obey (Myth of Omega, #7)
  • Unknown Omega (Alpha Elite, #1)
  • Crave to Capture (Myth of Omega, #2)
  • Crave to Claim (Myth of Omega, #3)
  • Heartless Hero (Crowne Point #1)
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Debt
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Depraved (American Street Kings, #1)
  • Reception (The Kane Trilogy #4)
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
See top shelves…
Author of The Mafia and His Angel. Creator of Alessio Ivanshov and Aylessio.

Reading is her first love and always will be.
Writing is her passion. She writes because the voices in her head won't stop and because they deserve to be heard and read. Lylah James writes about drool worthy and total alpha males, with strong and sweet heroines. She makes her readers cry - sob their eyes out, swoon, curse