Jump to ratings and reviews

Letters from Rachel

From the author who brought you the paranormal mystery THE GUARD TRILOGY, comes a new psychological murder mystery thriller.

“What would you do, to protect the ones you love?”

All evidence points to yet another murder by the notorious serial killer known as the ‘Small-Town Strangler’. The unsolved killings had been labeled the Professor Murders, and the case file had become known as the Professor’s Dozen... it has been 6 years since the last killing, and this latest murder is number 13 now, making it a baker’s dozen.

Where has the killer been all these years and why have they returned?
Since her father had died before she’d been born, and her mother Laura hadn’t bothered with dating afterwards, Gwen romanticized that the trunk containing the letters she’d found in the back of her mother’s closet, might have been love letters from her father to her mother… but they weren’t. And though they had been written in what Gwen thought was her mother’s handwriting, and based on the city addressed on the envelopes, had been penned ‘Dear Mother’ to Gwen’s grandmother. But strangely enough, there had been no return address marked on any of them. And for whatever reason, they had all been signed, ‘Love Rachel’.

213 pages, Paperback

Published December 6, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

N.L. Westaway

7 books50 followers
N. L. Westaway is the author of the urban fantasy/paranormal mystery, The Guard Trilogy, and The Guard Trilogy Extended Series.

NOW AVAILABLE! - Haven Lost - Book 5 of The Guard Trilogy Extended Series

Also check out LETTERS from RACHEL, where N. L. Westaway switches gears to bring you a new standalone Murder Mystery Thriller!

Nancy’s path to her passion for writing novels was a convoluted path, and her love of reading didn’t arrive until her late 30's, despite her mother and siblings being voracious readers. Canadian born in the 60s, she was raised in a large extended family of boys where she learned to keep her head and her elbows up and to give as good as she took. She currently lives in a beautiful house on the beach in South Florida with her husband and their lab-pit mix rescue, Kinney. She learned to downhill ski at the fresh age of 3, she loves a good cup of coffee, adores red-wine, and enjoys pizza and tacos every chance she gets. She also has several tattoos and is always thinking about her next.

Her life’s diversity—as you can further read on her website, has given her in-depth knowledge and understanding into the wondrous and often emotional world of human beings and their environments.

“The stories—they just need to get out of my imagination and on to the page.”
~ N. L. Westaway

Learn more about the author here; www.NLWestaway.com

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nlwestaway/
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NLWESTAWAY
BookBub https://www.bookbub.com/authors/n-l-w...

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars

Book Title: Letters From Rachel
Author: N.L. Westaway
Fiction Genre: Domestic Thriller
Non-fiction Subject:N/A
Noteworthy Experiences about the book: This book had me all over the place lol. It had me questioning everything I originally thought from the beginning of the book!
Scales of 1-10:
A) quality of writing 9️⃣
B.) pace9️⃣
C) plot development9️⃣
D) characters9️⃣
E) enjoyment1️⃣0️⃣
F) ease of reading1️⃣0️⃣
Would you recommend this book:Heck yes!
Notes and opinions:This book took me on a roller coaster of emotions! It made me brutally sad, ecstatically happy, angry, shocked, surprised. Everytime I thought I knew what was going to happen, I gave it a few pages and it would take a twist! I felt so sad and angry for Rachel. Everything she had gone through.....and for the police to fail her! And then to meet Laura and Gwen. Running for so long and then finally finding somewhere to call home for so long. But then the plot twist! I never saw it coming!
Overall rating (1-5 stars):⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
66 reviews1 follower
December 12, 2020
Laura and her daughter, Gwen, have moved from town to town over the years, but they have finally settled down and Gwen is just about to graduate from her paramedic training. Laura thought it was finally safe to relax and learn to trust the people around her, but maybe she's dead wrong about that.

This latest book from N.L. Westaway is a departure from her usual genre, and she has crafted a page-turning mystery that had me hanging until the very end. It's a light read, no gore or violence. However there's plenty of twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat. For fans of her paranormal series, it's a quick read that will satisfy until she gets back to her next series, which we hope is soon.
February 10, 2021
What a fun read! Loved the great details of the characters and the locations which made me feel like I was right there on the sidelines watching it all happen. Just when I thought I had the answer to who the killer was I started having doubts. It keep me guessing until the end. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next book from this author.
Profile Image for karin whitehead.
762 reviews3 followers
February 28, 2021
Letters From Rachel

This is definitely a thriller from the get ego! This is a story that begins with Laura and her daughter Gwen. Such a well plotted story, well developed characters, and leads you down the rabbit hole. I really enjoyed this novel, and am looking forward to reading more by Nancy L. West away.
Profile Image for Andrea Chiossone.
184 reviews
December 19, 2020
What a lovely read. Thoroughly enjoyed, love the style of writing and loved the characters. I did guess where the storyline was headed but still wanted to see how it eventually came to a close. Recommended as a cosy murder mystery.
10 reviews
March 8, 2021
Good, quick read

I've read a lot of books lately, and they all seem to follow a similar path. This one was different and I really enjoyed it. Had my pulse racing as it came to its conclusion!
25 reviews1 follower
March 6, 2021
Psych

Book was good. Kept me guessing until close to the end. First time, but not the last reading this author.
38 reviews1 follower
October 24, 2021
Love books that keep me guessing who the killer is until the end!
796 reviews1 follower
January 6, 2022
While this was an interesting story, it needs a serious editing! Incorrect words used (vertebrated instead of reverberated, bulling instead of bullying, buy instead of by, etc), words missing (gotten a job working at the job she been attending), etc. I stopped tracking after a while. Overuse of commas, etc.
Profile Image for Kathy Schouten.
1,003 reviews1 follower
May 26, 2021
3.5- a fast, comfy mystery- despite a serial killer killing professors across the country. I thought the character of Gwen was well written. Could have done without the book and article excerpts though.
Displaying 1 - 14 of 14 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.