Start by marking “The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Unabridged Selections from the Crime Stories: Volume 6” as Want to Read:

(The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour #6)

Traversing a vivid landscape, from sunblasted hills and canyons to the nighttime streets of America’s greatest cities, some of Louis L’Amour’s most compelling fiction was set in his own time.  Here are tales of innocents caught in the schemes of criminals, detectives hunting down truths that hide more lies, gangsters and beauties, private investigators and cops. Here is a ...more
Audio CD, Abridged, 3 pages
Published October 28th 2008 by Random House Audio (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour

Start your review of The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour: Unabridged Selections from the Crime Stories: Volume 6
Oleta Blaylock
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has some really interesting stories and it has some that I just couldn't get through. I am not a fan of fights or football so those stories didn't hold my interest. I did enjoy the other crime stories. There is something about a mystery that makes me have to find out what happened. For those of you that like sports stories I am sure you will find something to like in this book. Louis L'Amour is a wonderful writer and he never fails in delivering a good story for his fans.
Samuel
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great BIG book of short stories, 33 to be exact, all revolving around one subject, crime, if you hadn’t guessed from the title.
The book begins with various different stories on crime, missing people, dead bodies, dingy bars and dodgy deals. The characters change from story to story and this makes each story thrilling and exciting.
After the seventh story the books short stories are all based around boxing for at least the next 12 stories. It can get a bit exhausting reading about boxing
Chuck
Many of this countries more prolific writers came from a generation of "pulp" fiction writers of the 40'a and 50's. I believe that this is the case with L'Amour and his limited number of mystery writings. The short stories included in this collection were clever and enjoyable. My only issue was that they spent considerable time describing blow by blow physical confrontations which I found tedious in todays setting. It was fun to see a different side of L'Amour without a white hat, a lasso and a ...more
Tom Hicks
Jul 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story teller. The only thing I didn't like was all the boxing stories in a row against the mob. Still good though, I really like the Private Eye Kip. I still recommend this as Louis L'Amour really new how to write a story.
John Marr
I've always found Louis L'Amour's popularity bewildering. Thinking it due to my horsehit allergy, I gave this collection of his crime/sports stories a whirl. I remain bewildered; nothing but utterly undistnguished pulp fodder here. Perhaps America is insane.
John Gorman
Good private detective-type crime stories. Nothing earth-shattering, but solidly entertaining.
Sarah Pearl
Apr 15, 2016
Mike Just
Jun 24, 2019
Sally Mosher
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2014
Steve
Sep 08, 2015
Chelsea
Sep 01, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Ticket to the Boneyard (Matthew Scudder, #8)
  • Everybody Dies (Matthew Scudder, #14)
  • The Birds and Other Stories
  • No Mercy (Trek Mi Q'an, #2)
  • Boston Noir
  • Boston Noir 2: The Classics
  • Seized (Trek Mi Q'an, #1.5)
  • Secret Submission (Journey to Submission, #1)
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 2)
  • Table for Four
  • Indian Folk Tales
  • The MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories - Part XIII
  • Enslaved (Trek Mi Q'an, #3)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • The Raven
  • Lair of the Lion
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
-Wikipedia

The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour (8 books)
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis l'Amour, Volume 1: Frontier Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 2: Frontier Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis l'Amour, Volume 3: The Frontier Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis l'Amour, Volume 4: The Adventure Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 4, Part 2: Adventure Stories
  • The Collected Short Stories of Louis L'Amour, Volume 5: Frontier Stories