Start by marking “Love Language (The Aristocrat Diaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Language (The Aristocrat Diaries, #1)

Love Language

(The Aristocrat Diaries #1)

An aristocrat and a gardener walk into a bar, and the barman says—never mind. They walked into a shed, and they’re kissing. Oops.

My father trying to set me up with every eligible bachelor in England? Check.
A crazy aunt with even crazier goats who keep eating the flowerbeds? Check.
Me secretly moonlighting as the internet’s newest agony aunt and fixing relationships one love
Published October 19th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Love Language, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Language

Start your review of Love Language (The Aristocrat Diaries, #1)
Jacob Proffitt
Feb 14, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy, romance

I finished this a while ago and hope I remember all the things. Probably not. But I'll do my best.

The setting for this story is very constrained for all Gabby is high end wish-fulfillment being both noble and rich. But it takes place pretty much just at her father's estate and the surrounding village. Which I think worked out pretty well as it served to give a broad view of Gabby, being in her element as well as among neighbors who treated her in their own ways. So you see her dealing with all t
Danielle's
Oct 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
The gardener and the lady. This is set in modern-day England which took me a few pages to work out.

Lady Gabriella Hastings wants to learn about gardening. The problem is her father wishes she was looking for a husband. The gardener of their estate, Miles is trying his hardest to stay away from the beautiful upper-class lady, and this family has a few hidden secrets. Can the family be happy with modern life, or will traditions dampen their aspirations?

I really enjoyed this. It’s a little differe
Syndi
May 03, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady Love is sweet NA romance. With royal family as background. Miss Hart gives us a good laugh at the banter. Some of it silly stupid, some of it bit bored.

I found the overall story is OK. Good thing it ia short. And the chemistry is PG 13. Only kissing.

Overall a good read.

3 stars
Claudia
Mar 26, 2022 rated it liked it
This is my first Emma Hart who appears to be a prolific writer with MANY books. I would say Hart seems to be an A+ writer at banter as I loved entire segments of almost entirely quotes. The book was fun and light hearted with almost no real big dramas or challenges for most of the characters which is pretty fine in such a short novel.

However, the issues that do arise seem off the wall and the most disappointing bit: no smut? I’ve read YA novels with more details of the naughty bits. I guess I s
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
2.5 stars. It was so frustrating to see him always being super prejudice and judgemental over her because of her title and background. He just wouldn't let it go no matter how many times she tried to convince him. ...more
Jeeves Reads Romance
Oct 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-arcs
As with all of Hart's rom coms, this was a low angst, fun read with plenty of banter. It was definitely lacking in the romance department for me, but makes a solid series starter for what could be an interesting series of standalones. This is technically written in British English, but I honestly didn't notice much of a difference, so don't let that hold you back from reading. This lighthearted read is sweet and playful, with a little bit of forced proximity and a little bit of opposites attract ...more
Anto ~ mcbr
Mar 19, 2022 rated it liked it
description

I think this has to be one of the most (in a very stereotypical way) quintessentially British books I've ever read! It was so posh, proper and polite!

A completely character-centered and driven plot line, featuring the SunshinexGrump trope, it was a cute story.

I was confused about the book title, since Gabriella secretly moonlighted as an online giver of romantic advice, but that had no influence whatsoever and was totally unrelated to the rest of the story. Why throw that in there only to then g
maggieandteddy
Mar 26, 2022 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS. Audio. British narrator. I couldn't speed up too much. The banter and humor was very cute. I love British humor.
This is opposites attract Miles and Gabriela.
I don't know if was my mood, but the chemistry was a little off for me.
This very well written. There were quite a few American expressions. I'm not sure if that was intentional or of Brits & American have a few of the same expressions.
I really love RomComs & was happy to get some enjoyment at a stressful time.
Heather Adores Books
3.25 ⭐

Lady Gabriella is a British Aristocrat and her father is a Duke who is looking to marry her off. But, she has her eye on the gardener of the estate, Miles. It seems as though Miles is always grumpy, avoiding and ignoring her and won't give her the time of day. Perhaps he has his own reasons for seeming that way...

I like that Gabriella is Lady Love with her own blog for advice, buuuuuttttt what is the reason for it? Was it just to step away and escape from what is expected of her as d
Nov 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC Provided by the Author***

I don't know why, but there's something about this one being set in England that makes me happy...maybe it's that I miss travel. But anyway, I loved the setting of this one.

Gabriella and Miles are fabulous together. I love how upset she is that he doesn't like her (so human to know not everyone will like us but being upset when they don't) and I completely related to Miles and his reasons for keeping her at a distance.

Watching them figure out that there was something
Meegz Reads
Oct 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*3-3.5 Stars*

ARC kindly received for an honest review.

This one took me a while to get into, and I'm, not really too sure how I feel about the characters. They were likeable enough, and they had some great discussions, but I'm just not sure. My frame of mind at the moment with personal things may be affecting my reading, so don't take too much stock into this review, as I'm not sure it would be the same as my normal reviews.

The main character had some great values and opinions and wasn't afraid
Erin Lewis
Oct 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Love Language (The Aristocrat Diaries #1) by Emma Hart

If Love Language is anything to go by, Emma Hart has a winning series on her hands. From the first chapter I was fully immersed in the story Ms.Hart wove. This was a fun story that was entertaining with characters who I found easy to relate to.

All it takes is one kiss; it was entertaining to watch as Lady Gabriella Hastings and the gardener at her family’s estate Miles Kingsley cross the line. Her father wants her to marry a man
Kate
Everybody needs an Aunt Cat in their family. I really liked this, great banter, sarcasm and so witty.
This is my first book by this author and I'll read the second one for sure.
Lisa Mandina
Oct 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was a tiny bit leery due to the last part of the synopsis, sometimes the British English can be a bit confusing for me when I’m reading just a fun story. But other than one or two words I had to Google, I didn’t have any issues with this in that way! The image above my review kind of is perfect to go along with one of the quotes that I had to save from the book.

“Stop Queen Victoria! She’s going on a rampage!”

So the hilarious aunt in this story had two goats, the names in the excerpt above, Que
Heather
Mar 29, 2022 rated it did not like it

I gave up at 60%. The plot was weak, the characters two-dimensional, and I was bored. I think it was supposed to be funny, but just felt scattered instead. There were more questions than answers: why in the world was she qualified to write an advice column, and why was that even included in the book when it had nothing to do with the MC's relationship? And if she really wanted to do landscape design why didn't she have a single idea in her head for a garden design? The whole thing just
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Hart’s new romantic comedy, Love Language, is the first book in The Aristocrat Diaries. A series that takes place within the British aristocracy and gives us a more witty and entertaining look into this upper-class.

At the beginning of the story we get to meet twenty-seven year old, Lady Gabriella Hastings, whose father wants her to get married and is constantly trying to set her up with eligible bachelors. But that’s not what Gabriella wa
Laurie
Oct 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Love Language" had a slightly different feel and tone than Emma Hart's last several books, which makes sense since it's set in England and written in British English, but it still contained every bit of the wit and charm I've come to expect from Hart's writing, and I absolutely adored it.

Lady Gabriella Hastings, daughter of the Duke of Bath, is expected to marry well and let her husband take care of her for the rest of her life, but she'd much prefer to spend her time doing the things she love
Laura..devouring books like crumpets

Wow what A brilliant read!!!!

The Narrator Shakira Shute was Absolutely Fatastic, she voiced every character so on point to how i imagined they would sound! A new favorite Narrator to start looking for her Audio books!!!!

The story... A high class Lady falls for her Gardener....

This is Downton meets Bridgerton, with a green thumb in Modern day!!!

🌱 Lady Gabriella.... Although her Inner monolouge is far from a ladies and frankly so funny!

🌱 Miles... Hes a bit of a grunter but comes across nicely by t
Jackie Wright
Oct 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Love Language (The Aristocrat Diaries #1)
If you are looking for a fun, entertaining read look no further than Miles and Gabriella’s story. Coming from England I adored the typical English snarky humour and it was a story that captivated me from the first page to the last line. It’s a wonderful start to Emma Hart’s new series and I highly recommend it to all rom com lovers.
Gabriella is destined to marry someone who mixes in the same social circles, she wasn’t meant to fall for the
Barbara Schultz
3.4
I am not a big romcom fan but sometimes a little comedy is just what I need!
This is first in the Aristocrat Diaries series. Original title of this store was “Love Language”.
However, it could easily be called “The Gardener and the Lady.

Lady Gabriella Hastings is not a typical British Aristocrat, Daughter of a Duke, she is known as “Lady Love’ on her advice blog. Additionally she wants to go to college and learn about plants and design gardens as a career.
Miles the gardener at the estate wants
vivi
Oct 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest opinion.

Love Language is the first book in Emma Hart’s new series The Aristocrat Diaries and follows Gabriella and Miles.

Gabriella comes, unlike Miles, from high society and is being expected to marry someone in the near future from the same social status. But instead of following those „orders“, Gabriella is studying horticulture and does not like to think about marrying anyone any soon.
Miles is the employee of Gabriellas father he couldn’t be any
April Symes
Love Language is book 1 in the newest series "The Aristocrat Diaries " by Emma Hart. This is Gabriella and Miles's story. This is a modern day slow burn twist on the Pride And Prejudice style writing. It's a romcom with more biting humor. Gabriella is an aristocrat, while Miles is the family gardener. It's opposite attract yet It's how they get to that attraction and how they start off vs how they end up is night and day. The snark, the biting humor, the chemistry, the sassiness, the back and fo ...more
Oct 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a charming foray into upperclass England with quite a lot of humorous over exaggeration….a very lighthearted romp through the English countryside!
A bit too much Downton that could have done with a bit more Lady Chaterley’s but otherwise some fun characters and it made me chuckle!!
Tiff
Apr 15, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for access to this title!

Emma Hart's "Lady Love" is a fun, breezy romance that would satisfy most romance readers. Hart's writing is simplistic, but never boring. The characters are all familiar romance tropes and fodder, and this novel isn't doing anything new. But still. I very much enjoyed it.
Mick C
Oct 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arc
This is a cute love story of royalty and the commoner. What happens when you belong to royalty and you fall for the gardener? Read this book to find out.
Monica Little
May 03, 2022 rated it liked it
Cute, predictable romance.
Sara Kate
Definitely a cutesy rom-com. Gabriella an aristocrat has a passion for gardening and the hot gardener Miles. There relationship is rocky at first because Miles seems like he is always annoyed with her and grumpy. Miles likes Gabriella but is keeping her at a distance because they come from two different worlds and there possibly couldn't be a future with her. He thinks he isn't good enough for her and that she should marry a Duke. Gabby is a people pleaser but at some point she finds her voice a ...more
Teneisha (Teesbookjourney)
Loved! This was an absolutely cute love story. I adore a love story that includes modern-day aristocrats. Gabby is a true heart who is judged based on her lot in life all the time. All she wanted to do was create her plates sensations and live her life without the expectation of marrying up.

Miles has a crush on Gabby be he can't show it because she believes she is outside of his class. It was wholesome and great to watch Miles and Gabby come together and work out their differences.

This is for
SmuttyBuddy
**I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley and the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**

Lady Gabriella Hastings would have been next in line to inherit her family's Arrowwood Estates, if only it wasn't for those silly rules that pass on titles and land to the male heirs! So while her brother is gallivanting somewhere off in the ocean on a yacht, Gabi is at home being set up with every dreadful suitor her father meets. But Gabi is hiding some secre
Shelby (Read with Shelbs)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Can you add another addition to this book? 1 11 Jan 02, 2022 02:03AM

• The Legacy (Off-Campus, #5)
  • Vik (Shot Callers #2)
  • Live and Let Grow
  • Shattered Union (Made, #4)
  • There's Always Someday
  • Blood Bond (Dark Witch Chronicles, #2)
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • Could Have Been Us (Willow Creek Valley #2)
  • Ricochet (Fastball, #1)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Sacrifice (The Salvation Society)
  • Jock Royal (Jock Hard, #4)
  • Return to Us (Willow Creek Valley #1)
  • Totally Folked (Good Folk: Modern Folktales, #1)
  • Saint (Priest, #3)
  • Tears of Salvation
  • A Kiss for a Kiss (All In, #4)
  • The Newspaper Nanny
Emma Hart is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels and has been translated into several different languages. She first put fingers to keys at the age of eighteen after her husband told her she read too much and should write her own.
Four years later, she's still figuring out what he meant when he said she 'read too much.'

She prides herself on writing smart smut

The Aristocrat Diaries (3 books)
  • Dating the Duke (The Aristocrat Diaries, #2)
  • The Accidental Countess (The Aristocrat Diaries, #3)