Start by marking “The Lost Child's Quest” as Want to Read:
The Lost Child's Quest

The Lost Child's Quest

The start of a new children’s fiction series steeped in history, mystery, magic and adventure.
Published December 4th 2020 by Emira Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Child's Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Child's Quest

Start your review of The Lost Child's Quest
(Ellie) ReadtoRamble
4.5 STARS

I read this book as an author request, so thank you so much to the author for asking me to review this book, and thank you so much for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

The Lost Child’s Quest by James Haddell is the first book in a new children’s/middle grade fantasy series in which we meet Tia, the brave and daring protagonist of this wonderful story. We first meet Tia at a children’s home. She was abandoned as a baby
Lucy Catten
A quest for truth sparks a hunt for a legendary hoard of magical treasures.

I was absolutely thrilled to be sent a copy of this middle grade book prior to publication and to be asked to kick off James Haddell’s blog tour. As a primary school Reading Lead, I am always on the lookout for high quality, high-interest children’s books and this ticks all the boxes! I can’t wait to share it with my class.

When James first contacted me, he described this story as, ‘The first instalment in a series about a
Andrew Rough
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this debut middle grade story by James Haddell. It is a story with real heart. Tia is a wonderful character who is easy to empathise with. Her new adopted family have real charm and it is hard not to like them; from her new sister 'Meghan' who is an over enthusiastic chatterbox to her new grandfather 'Grandpa Locryn' who is the local priest and has a real twinkle in his eye, there is a whole host of characters who form around Tia to become a loving support network. Her n ...more
Livy
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tia's adventures were really wonderful to read about and I especially loved how they were framed around the legend of Arthur and Merlin, as that is a particular interest of mine.

It was really refreshing to read about a young orphan who finds a valued and supportive family becuase quite often in MG books the orphan protagonist is alone in the world. The familial relariosnhisp between Tia and her adoptive was so wholesome and really added an extra dimension to her story, even while she wa searchin
TeacherPaul1978
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story is right up my street! I loved the use of historical facts to bring the story to life! Full of mystery, suspense, surprise and fun, this will keep you wanting to read it without putting it down! I read if in one sitting it kept me hooked! Thank you James for a wonderful story!
Hollylovesbooks
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
I didn’t know what to expect when I went into this book as I couldn’t find a synopsis for it but, I was intrigued by the fact that it was middle grade and that I liked the cover.

The beginning of this book had me hooked, I wanted to know who this man was and why he was so interested in her and also about the strange pendant that she wears. I won’t say anymore because of spoilers but, I was intrigued.

Tia is a very interesting character and despite the fact that she is very young she is very brave.
Ben Morgan
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From my 10 year old nephew:

This morning I finished the book and it was really intriguing. I couldn't take my eyes off the words. If there was a scale from 1 to 10 on the excitement of the story it would get to the top every time. I highly recommend it and you are welcome to borrow it. it was a very good choice of present. I thank you loads, and I hope you like it as much as I do.
Ruth Martin
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book-couldn't put it down! A real page-turner filled with adventure, warmth, love and truth. Includes fantastic activities for children at the back that cover the breadth of the curriculum but are hugely engaging and challenging. Can't wait for the next one to be released! ...more
Vonprice
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Exciting MG historical fiction combining the quest for a missing treasure with the search for family. You can read my full review here:

Lucy Findlay
Steven D'Arcy
Mar 14, 2021
Naomi Connor
Apr 01, 2021

• Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • Winterling (Winterling, #1)
  • Octavia Bloom and the Missing Key (Through The Fairy Door, #1)
  • The Ghost Garden
  • Bad Habits
  • Shadows of Winterspell
  • The Last Spell Breather
  • A Pinch of Magic (A Pinch of Magic, #1)
  • What Beauty There Is
  • White Trash Warlock (Adam Binder #1)
  • Ever Alice
  • Rooftoppers
  • Calico Thunder Rides Again
  • The Middler
  • Ranger's Oath (Fall of Radiance, #1)
  • The Boy At the Back of the Class
  • The Girl of Ink and Stars
  • Legendborn (Legendborn, #1)
James has always loved stories and adventure. He spent most of his childhood in Kent reading and daydreaming then went to university in Durham. Four months volunteering for a Thai charity for children with disabilities in Bangkok after university changed everything.

He trained as a Primary school teacher, working in schools in London, before getting married and moving back to Thailand for seven yea

News & Interviews