Start by marking “The Woman Inside” as Want to Read:
The Woman Inside

The Woman Inside

(Detective Dan Riley #4)

Daisey Garrett wakes up in a hospital bed. She remembers her boyfriend has left her for another woman but she doesn’t remember what happened to her. The night she was attacked in her own home.

Daisey shouldn’t be alive but against all odds, she’s survived an ordeal most would never recover from. And her new friend and roommate Iris will help her get back on her feet.

But Dai
Published January 13th 2021 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Woman Inside, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Woman Inside

Start your review of The Woman Inside
Ceecee
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth instalment in the DI Dan Riley series and in this one he and his team are on the hunt for a murderer dubbed ‘The Rose Petal Ripper’. The story is partly narrated by Dan, by Daisey a victim and backtracks to 1987 to fill in gaps in our understanding. This works well as the storyline flows seamlessly.

Well, if you are half asleep when starting this book you’ll rapidly be jolted awake and become immersed in the plot! The premise is good, I really like the psychological aspects of
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
I really enjoyed this. Daisey Garrett is left for dead as the Rose Petal Ripper’s third victim but when DI Dan Riley arrives to view the scene he detects the faintest signs of life in Daisey. She survives without any disability but cannot remember anything from the day of the attack. This is very frustrating for the police as there is no evidence to be had from any of the crime scenes but surely, in surviving the attack, Daisey will have seen something to help police with their inquiries- if onl ...more
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
I love the Detective Dan Reilly series and The woman Inside continued that love. These books are so addictive, with that one more chapter thing happening at the end of every chapter. I stayed up way past my bedtime to find out what was going to happen in this one. Although this book features a reoccurring character, they can easily be read as a stand alone. But all the books are fantastic and you will want to read them all.

There has been a number of gruesome murders of late and Detective Dan Rei
Jen
Dec 29, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in the Dan Riley series, though can be read as a standalone. It centers on Daisey, who is attacked and left for dead in a similar way to 2 other recent murders, making it appear that there is a serial killer on the loose. Daisey cannot remember the attack, and Dan is racing against the clock to figure out what happened before another murder occurs. There are also some flashback chapters, but we don't know the identity of the family they feature.

I find Dan Riley extremely li
Michelle
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Woman inside by Ann-Lou Weatherley is the 4th book Detective Dan Reilly series. I wasn’t aware of this until halfway through the book. But this is such a good book that I was hooked from the first page and you can read it as a standalone.
Daisey is persuaded to attend the Warwick’s seasonal works party. Even though she still getting over her spilt with her partner Luke. When she is chatted up by Tommy and he persuades her to take her home as Daisey is too drunk to argue. When she gets home,
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Thanks to Netgalley for this review copy.

Daisy is supposed to be 3rd victim of this new serial killer who puts a rose on the body after killing women. But somehow she survived but can’t remember that day. Detective Riley is on this case but couldn’t find anything, the only option is that somehow Daisy will remember everything.

It took me almost 150 pages to enjoy the story, starting wasn’t ideal. I was thinking to DNF it then thought to skim read it, which worked for me. I skipped all of the poli
Andrea Pole
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Woman Inside by Anna-Lou Weatherley is the fourth book in a series focused on Detective Dan Riley. Having previously enjoyed this series, I was anxious to jump aboard Riley's latest case, and what a ride it is. This is a series that, once started, will have you breathlessly awaiting the next installment.

Daisey Garrett is attacked in her own home but has little memory of the event after the fact. She does recall that her boyfriend Luke has left her to be with another woman. There have been ot
Rachel
*thank you to Netgalley, Anna-Lou Weatherley and Bookouture for an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*

3 stars.

While I did enjoy this, while it did keep me engaged, it was an average story. I liked it, for sure, but it didn't have that wow factor and when the plot twist was discovered, I wasn't that surprised. It was definitely a part that this book needed. Without it, I'm not sure it would have held up much at all.

I did like the characters. I felt connected to them which is, in my
Tina
Dec 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ominous, spellbinding, and utterly disturbing, “The Woman Inside” sucks you in from the very first page and keeps you submerged until the very end when you resurface, shocked and out of breath from the deadly twist. Although it’s the fourth book in the Detective Dan Riley series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

After Daisey Garrett barely survives an attack from a serial killer, amnesia prevents her from recalling the horrific event. The last thing she remembers was being with her cheating
Pixi Jo
Overall not a bad story for story's sake, like if you see this on a library shelf and you're one book away from your quota, go on, read the thing!
The plot twists weren't sudden or shocking or even surprising but the characters were nice and pulled the story along well enough.

Just okay one thing, I have to say it...
Who has their throat slit and then goes, "Gosh, that was a bit of a bother! Ah well, lemme pack me things and then go back home to the man who cheated on me, and the house in which I
Brenda Feinen
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
After a work event, Daisey goes home only to be attacked by what the public is calling The Rose Petal Ripper. Dan abandons the remainder of his paternity leave to return to his investigative team.
Upon her return home, Daisey takes on a roommate, Iris. They work together, around the same age and single.
Insight into the killer is shared - a young woman gives birth to twons. But Tracey becomes obsessed with her son - telling anyone who will listen he is evil.
This book sucked me in from the begin
Julie Lacey
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great read in the Detective Dan Riley series.
Daisey is brutally attacked in her home and is barely alive when the Police are called out.
She’s the latest victim of a killer who seems to be targeting women with names linked to flowers.
We have some flashback chapters of the killer’s childhood and things are not quite what they seem.
Daisey agrees to having a lodger when she returns home but takes a while to get used to her being there.
Her ex is also causing her problems so Daisey is rel
Diane Merritt
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a phenomenal book. Mental health touched upon in this book so well written.
Loved all the characters and how the story evolved. Can't wait to read more from this detective storyline.

Thanks to the Author, the publisher an NetGalley for an early release of this book.
Mihaela Coman
Thank you, Netgalley and Bookouture for this digital review copy.

The book is an easy page turner that puts you right in the action from the beginning, the author doesn’t waste time with anything heavily scripted.

The storytelling is casual, like you are hearing the narration from a person you know. Like your best friend came to your house and started talking. Actually, make that 5-7 friends because the book abounds in characters right from the start. A bit confusing at first but it gets better.

T
hollie
Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!
I don’t even know where to start with this. I started off the book thinking this was one thing and it was something completely different.

- The plot: oh my god, this was one of the most intricate, well thought out plot lines that depicted mental health so well. I really felt for these characters and the ending left me breathless.
- The pacing: was fantastic. I really was caught up with everything happening I didn’t realise how far into the book I was getting and I couldn’t put it down!
Margaret (Maggie)
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BOOK REVIEW:
- Genre: Thriller
- Synopsis: Daisey is struggling with a breakup from her fiancé when she is brutally attacked. Her memory is completely obliterated. Can Daisey figure out what happened to her?
- My Thoughts: I loved this twisting thriller and I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a good “Who done it!” My only thought is that it could’ve been a little shorter.
4/5
Victoria Jackson
The Woman Inside by Anna-Lou Weatherley was a book with a very modern story about Daisey who was attacked after a works party by a serial killer. I did not really enjoy this story as I worked the plot out as soon as Daisey came round after the attack. There were no surprises for me, I kept waiting for a twist but there wasn't one.
I liked the character of Dan, the policeman, and I believe the author has written more books with this character in so I would be interested to read more of those.

Thank
Judy Odom
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Woman Inside is a fast paced psychological thriller that does not disappoint.

Dan Riley (fourth in the series) is determined to find out who the serial killer is that is killing women, posing them and leaving a rose on their body.

He feels he has a chance now that Daisey was attacked and she managed to survive even if she can't remember who attacked her and left her for dead.

Can Daisey remember? Will the killer go after her again in case she does..

I yelled at Daisey, I cried with her and I che
Janice Lombardo
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Daisey attends a work party. Yet, she only half-heartedly attends. Her husband to be (Luke) has left her for another woman - "flawless" Charlotte.

During the party a co-worker (womanizer?), Tommy, has Daisey in his sights, She manages to leave the party to walk outside just to catch her breath. While outside a strange, short, man engages her in conversation. Upon leaving he says, ",,,get home safe". Jarred by this, Daisey agrees with Tommy to share an Uber to her home. Eventually, she finally get
Blue
Dec 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: england, 4-stars
Daisey Garret was bludgeoned, slashed and left for dead in her home. She survived miraculously, but suffered ‘traumatic amnesia’ that causes her to forget what happened on the night of the attack. Daisey broke up with her ex Luke after he cheated on her. Her colleague Iris moves into her flat. Would she help Daisey in getting her memory back. Felt sorry for Daisy where everyone tried to manipulate her using her lapses in memory as an excuse, thus making her feel she is losing the plot.

Detective
Patricia
I seem to read a lot of books that include a main character who loses their memory after some horrific ordeal, where you're given a bit of insight into what might have happened as you try to work out the answer along with the victim. In this case, and because of the title, I was able to work out who the killer was, but not the why.

The book revolves around Daisey, who survives a brutal attack, her ex-fiancé, her new roommate, and the officers who are involved in her case. Weatherley gives us som
Bev Dulson
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of the Dan Riley books and love how he's developing as a character, devoured this in two days.

Dan finds himself in the centre of a very strange case, he attend the murder of Daisey Garrett, except it's it quite a murder, miraculously, she survives. Daisey is the third victim of similar attacks. The problem Dan has, is Daisey has amnesia.

Evidence is found linking Daisey's Ex, Luke to the crimes, but Daisey is sure he couldn't commit murder, if only she could remember what happened
Misfits farm
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“The missing pieces of that fateful summer night are beginning to surface…”
Two women have been killed. The perpetrator leaves a rose and scattered petals over their naked bodies. When he strikes for the third time the victim, Daisey fortunately survives but has no memory of the attack. The morning before she was attacked her ex-fiance Luke arrived and one thing led to another. He is still paying half on the mortgage of the flat Daisey lives in and now is short of money telling her she is now on
Amanda Clinton
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read and enjoyed all three instalments of the Dan Riley series and was therefore really looking forward to this one. I'm pleased to report that I loved it!

These books can be read as standalones as whilst the police procedural elements definitely add to the story, they do take a backseat to the main plot. I think it's a very good balance. I was instantly drawn into the story, I really enjoy serial killer novels and couldn't read it fast enough.

My one reservation is that I think that the a
Linda Phillips
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Woman Inside Anna-Lou Weatherly
Loved it, loved it, loved it! You are straight into the storyline, Daisey is assaulted and left for dead. When she wakes up she can't remember what happened. I loved Daisey as a character, and was totally gripped by the story.
This is the 4th book in the Detective Dan Riley series, but reads brilliantly as a standalone. I really enjoyed reading the story from his perspective too, and I already know I was to read more in this series.
There is a third narrative
Nicki Kendall
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Thanks to #netgalley for the ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. Anna-Lou Weatherley has written yet another page turner of a thriller. Told in two timelines it centres on a twin boy and girl, the mother thinks the boy is evil from birth and distances herself from him throughout his childhood. Then we have a serial killer killing women and leaving roses by their bodies. One of his victims survives his attack and it's a race against time for her and our favourite Detective Dan to s ...more
Catherine
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna-Lou Weatherley's writing style just develops with each book. In this latest one 'The woman Inside' she has developed some brilliant characters. I am loving the way the Detective Dan Riley is evolving and I can wait for the next instalment.
In this book. Daisey has returned from a night out with work colleagues a little worse for wear. The door goes and thinking its the person who took her home she answers the door. The next day she is found with a serious head injury and a slit throat. A sin
Sara K
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down, despite the fact that I was literally shaking and my heart was racing with fear during parts of it!

There is a serial killer on the loose and somehow, Daisey, his most recent victim, survived. Problem is that she can’t remember anything about the night that she was attacked in her own home. With the help of her new friend (and roommate) Iris, her ex-fiance Luke and the detective on the case, small fragments of her memory begin to return. But Diasey is on edge, fee
Sheri
Dec 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A serial murder is wrecking havoc. When one of his victims is found alive, the police think they can finally solve the identity of the killer. Unfortunately the victim, Daisy, can’t remember anything from that night. As everyone searches for clues, mysteries start to unravel.

For me this book was about the ‘why’ and not the ‘who’ of the serial murderer. I figured out fairly early in the book who he was or at least who had a connection to him. The book was then learning about why and how the perso

• Single Mother
  • Her Last Holiday
  • The Housewarming
  • Ask No Questions
  • First Date
  • The Little Grave (Detective Amanda Steele #1)
  • The Night Away

Detective Dan Riley (4 books)
  • Black Heart (Detective Dan Riley, #1)
  • The Couple on Cedar Close (Detective Dan Riley, #2)
  • The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley, #3)