Start by marking “Last Guard (Psy-Changeling Trinity #5)” as Want to Read:
Last Guard (Psy-Changeling Trinity #5)

Last Guard

(Psy-Changeling Trinity #5)

Termed merciless by some, and a robotic sociopath by others, Payal Rao is the perfect Psy: cardinal telekinetic, CEO of a major conglomerate, beautiful—
Expected publication: July 20th 2021 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Last Guard, please sign up.

Start your review of Last Guard (Psy-Changeling Trinity #5)
Corina
Mar 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Excited to start this book!!

This is one of my oldest series to date, don't remember anymore when I started it, but it's always exciting to get back to this world.

UPDATE

It was really good, reminded me a lot of Heart of Obsidian

Full review to come....

___________________________________
I received a copy of this book from the publisher for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

You can find me on my blog and on Bookstagram
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
I’ve had this ARC sitting on my kindle for a bit now…but I must admit, I haven’t been all that fired up about it. I am just not excited about these characters. At all. In fact, I only recognize the last name of one as it sounds like he will be related to Silver?

But hey, sometimes low expectations work miracles. Off we go…
SuchiB
Nov 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
Giorgia
Nov 26, 2020 marked it as to-read
Thank god we have a release date! Just finisced Archangel Sun and i can't stay long without one of her books. Can't wait for this babe to come out!! Someone has a time machine?? 😭😭😭😭
Liber_Lady
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC generously provided by Netgalley

4.5 Stars rounded to 5

Rep: Indian female character (woot woot), hero with a disability, lgbtq side characters (double woot woot)
Bonus: Virgin characters (They're both Psy. What did you expect?)

I absolutely loved this book. We finally FINALLLY get the book of the secretive and recluse Anchors.
And it did not disappoint.

From Page 1, I was hooked. We have been dealing with the destruction and trying to protect the Psy net for as long as I can remember. With each b
Annie
Nalini Singh returns with another exciting installment in the Psy-Changeling Trinity series. I’ve been a fan of this author and series for quite some time now so I always look forward to a new book from Singh. This is especially true for LAST GUARD, which is the fifth book in this spin-off series.

With Payal and Canto’s book, we have a larger focus on the Psy again. Typically speaking, the Psy aren’t usually my favorite characters to read about because of their emotionless personalities so I expe
Gwen
Nov 22, 2020 marked it as to-read

Update: 13/04/21: The synopsis has been out for awhile and I am super intrigued!! I love the psy/psy books and I'm looking forward to reading this one, particularly since the reviews coming out have been so positive.

*************************
Update: 27/01/21: The new cover is growing on me, love the colour scheme and the location images look very promising. I don't think we've had a psy/changeling book set in India specifically yet (Tazia's novella left locations vague). From the image of the FMC
Merve
Nov 29, 2020 marked it as dont-forget
We have a name and date.

description
✒️ Nalini Singh
Release Date 07/20/2021
Publisher Berkley

𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗿𝗯

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh returns to a world devastated by change in her award-winning Psy-Changeling Trinity series, where two people defined by their aloneness hold the fate of the Psy in their hands . . .

Termed merciless by some, and a robotic sociopath by others, Payal Rao is th
ȷαεlα
Dec 02, 2020 marked it as to-read
Update 23.2.21

Disappointed. I'm not sure if I'll read this. In these uncertain times, when we don't know what will happen tomorrow or how the pandemic will progress, I really wanted to read something exiting about characters I knew. I really don't know how to feel about this.

Update: yummy cover! At this point I don’t think it’ll be Anthony and Nikki anymore. The characters on the cover look young. I’m really hoping it’s Pax

I wonder who this book is gonna be about.. the phrase stand together mak
Patricia Lopes
Feb 02, 2021 marked it as to-read
Ha, found the location on the cover - > Safdarjung Tomb - New Dehli, INDIA

A Tomb... Brings ominous thoughts about this book...
And India, who do we know that is based in India??
Considering all the unrest on the psynet should be a psy - something couple.

Is it July yet????
Danielle Annett
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
QOTD: Is there a particular series or author you just know will always deliver a five star read?

For me that author is @authornalinisingh and her Psy-Changeling Books
---------------------
#ARC #Review of Last Guard
I am never going to tire of this series. Nalini Singh has a way of telling unique and heart-warming romance stories that make you want to revisit them again and again.
She so effortlessly writes diverse characters, capturing their cultures and weaving them into her books. I wish there wer
Stephanie
Ohhhh. Nalini Singh is one of my very favorite authors, the Psy-Changeling is my very favorite of her ongoing series...and this just might be my very favorite of her books so far. It's a wonderful romance AND a wonderful spec-fic novel - and ohhhhh is it emotionally intense in such a powerful way!

"Even furious, he was feeding her. She didn't understand him."

Payal is neurodivergent; Canto is physically disabled; they were both brutally punished by their abusive first families when they were child
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of Last Guard. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review which is honest and unbiased.*

I'm not sure I'll be able to be coherent right now! I absolutely adored Last Guard! The two main characters were the cutest ever! Even while still having a spine of steel. And I'm just so happy with this installment! At the same time, I'm extremely anxious about what will happen next. As always, Singh nailed it!
Ingasha
Feb 02, 2021 marked it as to-read
2/2/2021 ; After newsletter
July can't come soon enough

Also wonder who the characters will be?

I think it's too soon to be Pax or Nikita & Anthony
Maybe we'll get new characters who haven't really been focused on before?
Also hoping for more clues for the consortium leader

23/2/2021
WE HAVE A BLURB!!!!!!!!!!!
And seems we have new characters....can't wait to know them more....Plus we get a better look at the merchants!!!!!
Beth
Apr 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC copy of LAST GUARD from Berkley Publishing Group. This is my honest and voluntary review.
Vee
Dec 04, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit, I did not expect a Montague/Capulet situation for the anchors but it makes total sense. Two powerful Psy families collide and we gleefully get to see the drama that ensues. I love it!!! It (kinda) makes up for no Miane and Malachai story yet.
Kathy Martin
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Canto Mercant and Payal Rao meet when they are young children in a boarding school that their parents sent them to because they are defective Psy. When Payal kills a teacher who is going to kill Canto, they are separated.

Canto is taken to his mother's family where he is loved and supported and where he becomes a surveillance expert and a valuable member of the Mercant family. Payal Rao is taken back to her family where she has to deal with a psychopath for an older brother and a father who think
Jessica
Amy
May 19, 2021 rated it liked it
Review to come!
Lucy Dosch (EBookObsessed)
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this new addition to the series.

In the Psy-Changeling series, we have seen that under Silence, the Psy was a race so focused on attaining their new ideal of perfection and breeding out flaws, that they orchestrated their own demise. For the last several books we have seen the Psy, the Changings and the Human Alliance working together to try and stitch together the broken Psynet because without the mental feedback from the Psynet, the Psy will all die instantly.

In the aptly titled Last
Kat
3.75 stars out of 5

ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

So, I have had the wonderful pleasure of getting my grubby hands on the ARC for Last Guard, and, as I usually do with all Nalini Singh book, I set all the other books I am currently reading aside, to devour this one.

I will say, this book wasn't my favorite, because there was always so much going on, that it got a bit jumbled at times. Canto and Payal are interesting characters, but they are also completely new, Pay
Make
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nalini Singh continues to take her Psy-Changling readers in a different direction in LAST GUARD, book 5 of the Psy-Changling Trinity series. This is a long-running series by Singh overall, with The Psy-Changling series beginning in 2006 and comprising 20 books plus numerous novellas and a ton of short stories from her newsletters. This subseries Psy-Changling Trinity spinoff started in 2017 with Silver Silence, and we’re now in the post-Silence era for the Psy, where they are no longer told they ...more
Casey
Jun 03, 2021 added it

I received an e-ARC copy of Last Guard from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

This book was soooo good. Like I couldn't put it down good.

Canto Mercant and Payal Rao are two powerful hub anchors for the failing PsyNet. Payal is known as the cold robotic CEO of her family's holdings but is kept on a short leash by her power hungry father and psychopathic brother. Canto is the information head of the Mercant family and is bound to a wheelchair, considered less by
Dísir
The designation ‘A’—Nalini Singh’s most overlooked Psy—finally get their chance in the spotlight with ‘Last Guard’, as Singh turns the focus onto what the Anchors do and what afflicts them, starting off with Payal Rao and Canto Mercant’s story.

Both Payal and Canto aren’t familiar characters at all, but represent a step further into this massive world that Singh has built (and is burrowing into still) as they were held brutally together as children, then reunited by chance at the very beginning.
Jessica
May 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-reads
While each book in the series can be read alone, when read in order there is a larger story that builds fleshing out the amazingly imagined alternate world where shifters, Psy (those with psychic abilities) and humans coexist. In Last Guard, we continue to learn that the PsyNet, a mental network that connects all psy is dying, and if it ceases to exist, so will they. Our main characters, Canto Mercant and Payal Rao, are two of the most powerful anchors, psy who maintain the substrate layer that ...more
Lucy Jane Reads
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book really surprised me in the best way possible. I've been reading this series for over a decade now and thought I had just fallen into a grove, especially when the previous book did not wow me. But then Last Guard knocked it out of the park!

I don't want to give any spoilers but there are some aspects of this book that I absolutely loved and must talk about. First, for those of us that have watched the evolution of this world and love that part of the series- this book is for us. Don't ge
Kelsey Bogan
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thanks to netgalley for the ARC

Wonderful as usual, Singh rarely ever disappoints. The general relationship plot and paving was pretty much one we’ve seen replicated in this series before, very similar in some ways to the Obsidian and the Aeden books but the characters were different enough it still satisfied. The world building continued to be developed in interesting ways. I love to see Singh starting to stretch her characterizations in recent years and start to explore characters of different
Handcrafted Librarian
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Psy-Changeling series' by Nalini Singh have to be one of my all time favorite series out there. The dynamic between the three races that involve power struggles, relationship woes, society changes, and more have just been so wonderful to follow. The newest novels that are the Psy-Changeling Trinity continuation series, is focused on delving into the underlaying problems within the PsyNet. Each book explores and uncovers new information that the forefathers of the Psy race have buried for som ...more
Scholar inArmor
AFTER THE BLURB RELEASE:

No, it couldn't. But hey, we are finally getting a story about the Anchors.

BEFORE RELEASE

Could the pairing be Pax Marshall and Gia Khan, a cardinal M-Psy from India?

Psy-Changeling & Psy-Changeling Trinity series reading order:

- novella
* bonus scene/chapter/short story

Silence Arc:
- Beat of Temptation (Psy-Changeling #0.5) [Wild Invitation Anthology]
- Whisper of Sin (Psy-Changeling #0.75)
Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
* The Shower (Psy-Changeling #1.1) [http://
« previous 1 3 next »
Nalini Singh Fans: * Last Guard (#5) 86 92 Jun 06, 2021 11:17AM
Nalini Singh Fans: * Last Guard # 5 <SPOILERS> 5 71 Apr 22, 2021 07:27AM

• Forgotten In Death (In Death, #53)
  • Neon Gods (Dark Olympus, #1)
  • Guild Boss (Ghost Hunters, #14)
  • Wild Sign (Alpha & Omega, #6)
  • The Warlord (Rise of the Warlords, #1)
  • Legacy
  • Accidentally Engaged
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man #8)
  • Dark in Death (In Death, #46)
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
  • The Woman Left Behind (GO-Team, #2)
  • The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss
  • Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1)
  • Youth
  • Murder at Sunrise Lake
  • Bane (Sinners of Saint, #4)
  • A ​Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #4)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling Trinity (5 books)
  • Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #1; Psy-Changeling, #16)
  • Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
  • Alpha Night (Psy-Changeling, #19; Psy-Changeling Trinity, #4)