Start by marking “Mr. Uptight” as Want to Read:
Mr. Uptight

Mr. Uptight

Jude Staubman lives his life by a strict set of rules.
Mason Reiner makes him want to break every single one of them.

Jude:
What do you do when you wake up with a hangover and find yourself in bed with your best friend’s younger brother?
Who happens to be your new brother-in-law?
The man who drives you crazy.
The man who’s always skated by on fast-talk, good looks, and a bright
Paperback, 1st edition, 317 pages
Published February 18th 2021 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Uptight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Uptight

Start your review of Mr. Uptight
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Mr. Uptight is a stand alone, M/M romance by Felice Stevens. I’ve read several books by Felice now and with each one, I continue to be impressed. I fell in love with both of these characters and loved the way she told their story.

Jude Staubman is thirty four years old and along with his best friend and business partner, Doug, owns his own advertising agency. Jude and his younger sister, Ilana’s mother was seriously ill beginning early in Jude’s life. He spent his teen age years and every year s
Rosabel
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 47% of the book for two reasons. One is a "it's me not the book" thing, the other one it's totally the book.

Reason one, as a publicist a lot of the ideas for the campaigns that were talked about made a nervous tick appear in my eye. First of all we are in 2021, if a marketing campaign DOESN'T include instagram or tiktok? There's something wrong there and The Company is talked like one of the most successful agencies in the marketing world yet one of the employees discards instagram in his
Lelyana's Reviews
“ Sometimes when we let ourselves go, we find ourselves exactly where we belong.”"

When you can ignored social media gossips and hooked on your sofa cannot stop reading, you know the book is doing great.
Mason and Jude did that to me. I was hooked from the first chapter and can not put the book down.
Great opposite attracts romance from my favorite author.

"You’re the most fundamental part of who I’ve become. You’re a mystery to me, yet so familiar, like a song I’d never heard be
Debra
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
This story ticks a lot of favorite trope boxes: best friend's brother, grumpy/sunshine, boss/employee, even a bit of enemies to lovers, all with Felice Stevens' signature style.

Jude is at a turning point in his life. He's always been the caretaker, the rock, the one who forged ahead making sure his mother and his sister were fine, but never allowing himself that same care. He's built a successful business by making all the right choices. Now that his caretaker role has ended, he has nothing but
Taylor | LostinReadingRomance
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Paula
Feb 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Mr. Uptight was a pleasant read with wonderful characters and a well built world. The trope enemies to lovers is not my favourite, but this author always makes me love anything that she writes.
The book relates the story of Jude and Mason relationship and how they get to know each other again, falling in love.
The writing is witty, emotional and with a little bit of angst. I really enjoyed this book and recommended it to MM romance fans.
S.C. Wynne
I was lucky enough to get a copy of this book before release day, and I just happened to have some time off to read for once. I really enjoyed this story. What I like about many of Felice's stories are the mature way people handle the issues that come up. It's so annoying when I read a book with manufactured arguments or breakups. Do Jude and Mason have a few bumps along the way, of course, but it's obvious they care about each other in the way they handle those problems.

I enjoyed Mason's warmth
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
I have to say that this is the first book I have read by Felice and it will not be the last. I loved this story right from the start. Jude and Mason make an amazing couple. They have their ups and downs but they work through it to get to that happy ending.

This is one of those stories you have to read to fully enjoy it. I mean Jude and Mason are amazing and they have their differences but they work on them and Mason will prove to Jude he has changed.
DTM
Let me start by saying Felice Stevens’ Mr. Uptight (KU) is SMOKING HOT! LOL A beautifully written, best friend’s brother, complete opposites, enemies to lovers tale of two men who don’t really like each other, but do they?? Jude's sister marries his best friend Doug and the next morning he finds himself in bed with his new brother-in-law, Mason, after a drunken hookup and whom he hasn’t seen in a decade. To make matters even murkier, Mason takes a job working for Jude while Doug is gone on his h ...more
French_fry
I don't have great luck with this author and I'm not very far in and am already worried.

"Jude waited in the hotel lobby for Doug. Ilana had already left" is a thing I just read. Doug and Ilana are newlyweds. They are going on their honeymoon. Who leaves for their honeymoon without their spouse? What on earth?! I know this is a stupid thing to fixate on when I'm only 10% of the way through the book but it's so freaking sloppy. Never mind that they've already said goodbye 4 times. Also, this book
Gustaf
Felice Stevens is quickly becoming a go to author for me and this book only cemented it more.

In this book we are meeting Mason and Jude. They have known each other for years but never really gotten along. Their different personalities clashing way too hard. Under all of that though, maybe, just maybe they are each others perfect match?

This book is filled with tropes. We have enemies to lovers, brothers best friend, boss/employee, grumpy/sunshine and a tiny dash of hurt/comfort. You name it and
Jennifer Reilley
Feb 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Mr. Uptight is felice Steven’s new book. This book is best friends brother, enemies to lovers, and boss/employee story.

Jude is co-owner of The Company with his best friend Doug. He is serious and very set in his ways. He is also loyal and devoted to those he loved especially his sister.

Mason is Doug’s brother and has always had his sights on Jude. However, Mason had a lot of growing up to do. He is good at running away from problems. I love Masons personality. He’s the kind of person that ever
Sharing The Book Love
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jude and Mason is an enemies to lovers, bff younger brother read! This standalone MM romance is a wondeful read from Felice.

There is drama, awesome family both real and found, pain in the butt side characters...really a little bit.if everything mixed together to make a great story
WycEd Reader

Check out our full post for MR. UPTIGHT on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Shannan – ☆☆☆☆
When Jude wakes up in bed with Mason the morning after his sister's wedding, he blames the tequila and knows it can never happen again. No matter how many times he thinks about that night. Mason is Doug's younger brother and Doug is his best friend and now his brother-in-law.

After knowing each other for years, Mason comes to work at The Company. The firm Jude and Doug co-own. Jude doesn
Amy Stauffer
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ok, so...wow. This book is now one of my top favorites of the year. I don’t even need to think about it. It captured my attention from the moment I began, and I’m actually a little sad it’s over. I’m going to have to have a cleanser before I’m able to commit my mind and heart to another book. I most definitely have all the symptoms of a common book hangover.

I love a grumpy character—love, love, LOVE them. Jude, Mr. Uptight, himself, was definitely grumpy. He probably didn’t e
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Mr. Uptight is a stand-alone M/M novel by Felice Stevens. I got the impression that there must be another book that's connected to this one, but the author seems to write M/M romances only, so I don't think that she wrote one about Doug and Jude's sister (feel free to correct me). I skimmed some parts of the blurb since I didn't recall that this is an lgbt romance, so I squealed in delight when I saw that Jude had woken up next to a man (aka Mason). I haven't read a book in this genre in a long ...more
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Mr Uptight is a fabulous brother in law romance by Felice Stevens. I couldn't put it down.

The two start off this story with a drunken hookup and then by butting heads. Their history wouldn't have it any other way. But, everything changes when Jude hires Mason to be his new assistant.

I love this story and all the depth involved with both men. Both are at a crossroads in life. Both men are setting the tone for what they want for their future. And neither man can keep their hands off the other.

M
Mrs.V
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Felice Stevens does her magic again!
This newest standalone story is a wonderfully written, deeply emotional opposite attracts stories, but there are so many more sub-tropes in it: enemies to lovers, best friend’s brother, boss/employee. In fact, the relationship between Mason and Jude is multi-layered, very entangled and so complicated!
Jude is a very complicated character himself; in his mid-thirties, he is a very confident businessman, but when it comes to his personal life he is so out of his
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
MR. UPTIGHT is a standalone novel that is about opposites (in some ways) attracting, and how you can know of someone for years without actually knowing them. This is what happens between Mason and Jude. Both of them have ideas of what the other is like, without actually finding out if it is correct or not.

Mason is the 'younger brother', the one always partying and getting into trouble... or so Jude thinks. And Jude is the one who always takes the hard-line, without any compassion or empathy...
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

When Jude wakes up in bed with Mason the morning after his sister's wedding he blames the tequila and knows it can never happen again. No matter how many times he thinks about that night. Mason is Doug's younger brother and Doug is his best friend and now his brother in law.

After knowing each other for years Mason comes to work at The Company. The firm Jude and Doug co own. Jude doesn't expect the work that Mason is put
Veronica
Feb 15, 2021 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I loved the start of Mr Uptight. Jude (Mr Uptight) wakes up in bed with his bed friend’s younger brother Mason. The two have never got along but they had a passionate night together. But we don’t get to see that night. The story goes on with only tiny, little, really hot mentions of that night. In fact all the sexy scenes with Mason and Jude are really hot.

Mason goes to work at Jude’s business as his assistant and I enjoyed
Ruthie Taylor
Feb 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is such a fun read, with a lovely twist. Jude's sister has just married his best friend ... and he spends their wedding night with his new brother-in-law! And wow, he didn't mean to do that at all.

Jude may have had a think for Mason for years, but he never intended to act on it. After this out of character start to the story, the reasons for Jude's true cautious nature are revealed to us. And as he has to cope wit
Joelle
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021
I've been waiting to read this book for what seems like forever. Best friend's brother is one of my absolute favorite tropes so I was super excited.

Jude and Mason drew me in from the very first page but Jude has got to be one of the most infuriating men ever. I spent the first quarter of the book wanting to smack him upside the head. He gives new meaning to the word stubborn. Honestly, Mr. Uptight is the perfect name for him. I totally understood why he was so moody and I couldn't wait for him t
E.Muddle
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Jude and Mason have an electric hate-to-love relationship that I had to finish in one go. I immediately fell for both characters in their own way. Mason is relaxed, charming, and so determined to prove to everyone in his life that he’s ready for stability. He’s left his partying days behind him and all he wants is a chance to show his big brother and especially his brother’s best friend, Jude, just how serious he is. Ooh but Jude does not make it easy on him. He’s closed off and stubborn and is ...more
Angie
Feb 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

Awe, this book was just so good. Enemies to lovers books are hit and miss with me. This one was a hit. I just loved Jude and Mason. Even when they were snipping at each other and whatnot I enjoyed them. I laughed with them, got snippy with them and fell in love with them. This book gave me the feels and I wanted more Jude and Mason because they just made my insides melt.
Cristina Myers
Clearly this author isn’t for me..I try but just can’t engage. I’m sure it’s a me thing and not the author..can’t win them all, can we? 😔
Suzy
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing story, Felice’s books always are a delight to read. Mr. Uptight is a enemies to lovers, Best Friend’s younger brother, Boss/Employee with a lot of banter and sexy times... I’ve read many books by Felice and every time I read a book of hers I fell in love with the MC and how she tells their story.

Jude Staubman and his best friend (and business partner) Doug, owns The Company an advertising agency. Jude have always been taking care of his younger sister Ilana, they lost their m
Marcia
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars for Mr. Uptight!! Felice Stevens has once again delivered a story about two people overcoming obstacles, in this instance, mostly one's self, especially for Jude Staubman, and finding their way to happiness. I absolutely enjoyed Jude and Mason's story. These two were perfect for each other, and helped the other see he deserved happiness and love.

Mr. Uptight is Jude and Mason's story. Their story is an enemies/best friend's brother to lovers story. And, boy, oh boy, did these two have
Heather (AllTheJuicyBits)
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This book is so good. Mr. Uptight is the Jude and Mason's story. Jude Staubman is the co-owner of a successful NYC advertising company. He raised his younger sister, Ilana, for years after their mom passed away. But Ilana just married Jude's best friend, and co-owner of The Company, Doug. While Jude is happy that his sister has found love, he is feeling pretty lost and more than a little sad at the thought that Ilana doesn't need him anymore. He knows it's time to let her go, but he isn't sure w ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Breakaway
  • Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Grumpy Bear (Bear Camp, #1)
  • Schooling the Jock
  • Winter Waites (Aster Valley #0.5)
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Down on One Knee (Open Secrets #1)
  • Pretty Poison (Sinister in Savannah, #3)
  • Cup of Joe (Bold Brew #1)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)
  • Gravity (Written in the Stars #2)
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Boyfriend Freeze
  • Jonty in Russia (Unfinished Business)
  • Wrong Message, Right Valentine
  • Charisma Check (Roll for Love, #2)
  • Out in Winter (Out in College #8)

Felice Stevens has always been a romantic at heart. She believes that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner. She writes books where men live, work and play hard but love each other even harder.
When she isn't writing, you can find her doing one of the things she loves best, interacting with her readers in her Facebook group, Felice's Breakfast Club.

News & Interviews