Start by marking “Little Match Girl” as Want to Read:
Little Match Girl

Little Match Girl

Christian can’t help himself. He’s falling in love with the sweet guy who’s been coming into the sandwich shop for the past several months. But Christian’s been avoiding the candle-seller all year, going so far as to cross the street to avoid walking by him. Ashamed, he wonders if Dani can ever forgive him.

Losing his mother to cancer, Dani has spent the last year in a haze
ebook
Published December 14th 2020 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Little Match Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Match Girl

Start your review of Little Match Girl
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book! It made me cry buckets of tears! My only issue is that it's too short! Why?????

Yes, I got too involved, I know.

This is just the perfect romance read I was craving for and yes, for such books there's nothing like not a particular time to pick it up but you know it makes a perfect choice for all the LGBTQIAP romance lovers out there which involves the warmth and kindness if absolute strangers (the world needs more of this!).

Dani. One of the main characters. He has lost all his confidenc
R
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Dani has no one. His mother died and his brutal father uses him to sell the candles Dani and his mom made. He isn’t safe living with the man so he spends as much time as he can on the streets. Christian met Dani in a coffee shop and was immediately smitten. Can two men from different worlds make a better life together?

Nice story with a Christmas theme. The characters were either good or very bad, seemed to be no in between. Dani was gender fluid (I think that the right description). Both main ch
Sid Blackwood
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
A very quick, somehow magical holiday read. There are a lot of dark themes and I recommend reading the author's note beforehand. There really isn't much to say because the book is really very short (I was done in about an hour) but I really appreciate the level of fluidity on gender(expression) and sexuality.
Micaela
Dec 19, 2020 rated it liked it
On the one hand, I really liked the plot about a guy who leaves an abusive home and finds love and comfort and truth. Also, the Romance was mostly really cute and believable. And the author's style was very engaging, I couldn't stop reading until I finished.
On the other hand, I was uncomfortable and bothered by some word choices which I found offensive, like referring often to one of the main characters as "effeminate", "feminine", or describing him as a "girl" or a "fairy" and talking about how
Chelsey
Dec 24, 2020 marked it as dnf
Oof. Nope. DNF after 1 chapter. First of all, the phrase (I’m paraphrasing) ‘If he didn’t know for certain he was a man, he would think Dani was a girl, despite the rough clothes. There was something sweet about him.’ includes at least 2 gender stereotypes. The writing was incredibly cheesy. The impoverished customer thinks the barista wants him to pay for his meal with sex, and the barista cups his face “with care” and says “when we have sex it will be because you want me to.” WTF! I can’t.
Dec 30, 2020 rated it liked it
OK, first let me unpack this sort novel. There is a 17 year old man, Dani, who has never gone to school, who is being abused by his father, whose mother died last year, and who makes his living selling candles on the street. He is called the Little Match Girl because he is considered to be effeminate, and like the little match girl of the stories, sits out in the cold. Oh, and he wants to go to college some how, rather than continue to live with his drunken father who abuses him.

Christian has se
Susan Anne
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I‌ ‌received‌ ‌a‌ ‌copy‌ ‌of‌ ‌Little Match Girl by‌ ‌Dianne Hartsock via‌ ‌IndiGo‌ ‌Marketing‌ ‌&‌ ‌Design‌ ‌in‌ ‌exchange‌ ‌for‌ ‌an‌ ‌honest‌ ‌review.‌ A number of authors have taken traditional holiday fairy tales and given them a MM twist this winter. I liked how the author took selling matches, which is no longer a thing in the twenty-first century, and turned it into selling handmade candles. Dani is an appealing waif whose luck starts to turn, helped along by college boy Christian (perha ...more
Terra Hayes
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2020
Super short read that can be finished in a day and that's coming from someone who's a very slow reader.

I wanted to thank NetGalley, NineStar Press, and Dianne Hartsock for giving me a chance to read and give my honest review of Little Match Girl.

Just as I stated above, this story is very short and honestly my only complaint about this wonderful story, I wanted so much more, though you get a lot of information on one of the characters in particular, I just couldn't get enough of it.

I should ment
Iz
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

"Little Match Girl" is a very sweet and very short novella about Dani, a poor homeless candle-seller and Christian, a barista in a local shop, and how their lives change once they decide to give their relationship a try. I liked it quite a bit and I liked both of the MCs too, especially Dani: my heart broke for him so much.
The ending was heartwarming and hopeful, the perfect novella for this time of year, even though I wished i
Sherry
rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2020
Beauregard
rated it did not like it
Dec 19, 2020
Jan 14, 2021

• In the Winter Woods
  • Burying the Hatchet
  • Love Logan
  • The Prince and the Thief (Ambrosia Royals, #1)
  • Business and the Beat
  • Silent Spring
  • A Sand County Almanac and Sketches Here and There
  • I'll Be the One
  • We Ride Upon Sticks
  • The Mystery of Nevermore (Snow & Winter, #1)
  • Burning Roses
  • Ten Days with a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas, #11)
  • The Echo Wife
  • The Mystery of the Moving Image (Snow & Winter, #3)
After growing up in California and spending the first ten years of marriage in Colorado, I now live in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon with my incredibly patient husband, who puts up with the endless hours I spend hunched over the keyboard letting my characters play.
I have to say, Oregon’s raindrops are the perfect setting in which to write. There’s something about being cooped up in th