Start by marking “Defying Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
Defying Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #2)

Defying Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #2)

In a flash of blinding light, magic unfurled, memories returned, and mysteries deepened.
Ellayne, newly freed from her curse, has no time to celebrate. Her enemies continue to pursue her, leaving her no safe harbor. But she has no time to dwell on her own welfare; Ellayne must rescue her father from the spell imprisoning him.

Freeing her father should be straightforward; no
Published 2021 by Via Veritas Vita Press

To ask other readers questions about Defying Infiniti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defying Infiniti

Start your review of Defying Infiniti (The Infiniti Trilogy #2)
Janine
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Leaving off from the end of Curse of Infinti, Rachel Hetrick's second installment of the series steps everything up from the stakes, expansion of world building and character growth, and I was amazed by the whole journey.

Following the events of the first book, Ellayne has a new mission in order to bring stability to her land and new challenges from within to deal with. I enjoyed watching her journey and felt very real with the choices she made, endearing and kind all at once. The other character
Katie Laidman
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Defying Infiniti so much. The book picks up when the first one ended and is an amazing continuation of the story. I think the author does an incredible job of developing the characters and their relationship from the first book. It is filled with incredible imagery. I cannot wait to read the third book in the trilogy!

**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**
nicole stinson
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
**I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review”**

After reading the first book in this trilogy I was left on the edge if my seat wanting more. Wanting to know more about each character and what was going to happen. Again, after reading Defying Infiniti, Rachel Hetrick has done it again. I am anticipating what is in store for these amazing character in the third book.
Rachel Nickle
Mar 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.*
Defying Infiniti is the second book in Rachel Hetrick’s YA fantasy trilogy. It continues Ellayne’s story as we discover more about her past and how it will affect her future and the future of her kingdom.
I enjoyed the pacing of this story. The end of each chapter left me wondering what would happen next and, overall, I thought Rachel did an excellent job of keeping that tension throughout the story.
Kade was, without a doubt,
Sydney Fowler
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

Ever since reading the first book in The Infiniti Trilogy, I have been curious to see how Hetrick decided to develop Ellayne's story post-curse. Book 2 did not disappoint! The story was captivating and engaging from the very beginning. I enjoyed getting to know the characters from book 1 even better, and I was also very impressed with the development of the new characters, and how quickly I grew invested in their roles in the story.
Katharina
Mar 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Defying Infinity is the second book in the Infiniti Trilogy by Rachel Hetrick. Ellayne finally broke the curse of infiniti and goes on a mission to help her father get out of the mirror he's captured in. She has to go places she never wanted to go and do things she never wanted to do, but in the end it's probably worth it.
Defying Infiniti is a great and suspenseful sequel. It continues the story well and keeps up the suspense. I like how we see characters from the first book again and how we als
Arden
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

Defying Infiniti was a fun and light read over a weekend for me! The first book, The Curse of Infinity, was a little predictable to for me, but the second one opened up the story in an exciting way. I was excited to learn more about the dark and light magic, and LOVED the twist this book brought between the relationship between Ellayne and Kade. Hetrick does a great job at developing characters, as she grows them, but doesn't ch
Madeline Backus
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
What an enthralling story! A continuation of the first book, The Curse of Infinity, Hetrick’s Defying Infinity draws you into its world, and you won’t want to put it down. I love how creative this story is, and it gets less and less predictable, throwing in surprises that you don’t see coming.
The characters are great. You really feel them and their thoughts throughout the adventure, and I especially love the strong women role
Rhoni Goslin
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read! This sequel had so many memorable and interesting twists and turns. I loved the way the characters developed even more beyond who they became by the end of the first book. The end of the book really hit me with its wholesome message that each person defines who they are by the path they choose, no matter what life or circumstances throw at them. I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review, and I can't wait for the last book in the trilogy to come out ...more
RLF Goslin
Mar 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the enhanced character depth and the expansive added back story of several of the characters in this second book. Equally creative are the oftentimes shocking plot twists which left me saying, "What?" out loud, as I thought I knew where things were going, only to be thrown into another mysterious direction. I cannot wait for the third and final book to see how all these puzzle pieces meld together to create their epic climax. I received a free copy of this book in exchange for ...more
Aadhi Aadhi
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book “Curse of Infiniti” by author Rachel Hetrick and the book has drawn me deep into the story that I just can’t wait to read the second one and I received the second book “Defying Infiniti” as an arc reader, I’m about 80% done with the second one and I will say that the author had put in her great illustrations into the book, characters have been carrying great conversations and the way author depicted every single detail in the story is remarkable. I would strongly recommend ...more
Micah
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.**

This second book of the trilogy will grip you from the first chapter! As the storyline from The Curse of Infiniti continues, the plot and character development deepen. Full of suspense, action, and romance, Defying Infiniti will captivate you from start to finish!
Kaitlin
Mar 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Even better than the first. This is a great continuation of the series. It's really great to see Ellayne come even more into her own. Quite suspenseful in parts, I can't wait for the next one.

I received a review copy, all opinions are my own.
Kathy Mitchell
Apr 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very exciting ! Kept me turning pages! Looking forward to the next one!
Rachel Hetrick
Dec 30, 2020
Sonali Camacho
Feb 20, 2021
Rachel Hetrick
Mar 24, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amcoj
Iris
is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2021

• The Giver of Stars
  • Of Beasts and Vengeance (Twisted Pages, #2)
  • Georgana's Secret
  • House of Bastiion (The Haidren Legacy, #1)
  • 10 Women Who Ruled the Renaissance
  • Tranny: Confessions of Punk Rock's Most Infamous Anarchist Sellout
  • Between Wild and Ruin (Wild And Ruin #1)
  • Maps for the Modern World
  • Planning Your Day 101
  • 365 Awesome Story Prompts
  • The Indignities of Being a Woman
  • Rise and Fall of the Borgias
  • The Truth of You: Poetry About Love, Life, Joy, and Sadness
  • Calamity Jane (Wild West, #1)
  • Sands of Eppla (Sands of Eppla #1)
  • Brave Is the New Beautiful: Finding the Courage to Be the Real You
  • Motivation: Motivation in 7 Simple Steps: Get Excited, Stay Motivated, Achieve Any Goal and Create an Incredible Lifestyle! (Motivation, Success, Motivational Books Book 3)
  • Natural Born
When the world went nuts at the beginning of 2020, the pandemic led to the closing of the school I was employed at overseas. It was then I decided the time had come for me to fulfill my childhood dream of becoming a published author. I have been writing for almost all of my life (some of my first memories are of creating stories).

With the inspiration of many incredible authors on Youtube, I have

News & Interviews