Start by marking “The Ivory Key (The Ivory Key Duology, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ivory Key (The Ivory Key Duology, #1)

The Ivory Key

(The Ivory Key #1)

In this epic YA fantasy debut, magic, a prized resource, is the only thing between peace and war. When magic runs out, four estranged royal siblings must find a new source before their country is swallowed by invading forces. The first in an Indian-inspired duology that’s perfect for fans of There Will Come a Darkness, The Gilded Wolves, and We Hunt the Flame.

Vira is despe
Expected publication: January 4th 2022 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Ivory Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ivory Key

Start your review of The Ivory Key (The Ivory Key Duology, #1)
fanna
Apr 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2022-releases
March 10, 2021: I know I'm late but oh my god, THAT COVER. I mean the blurb coupled with this gorgeous cover means The Ivory Key is going to be an absolute favourite.

August 21, 2020: The author said she researched about all this: "Indian martial arts styles & weapons, the Golconda Fort, Latin squares, snake bites, shift ciphers & Dravidian temple architecture"... YES I AM EVEN MORE EXCITED NOW.

April 24, 2020: An Indian-inspired world? Well, that is absolutely enough for me to be excited! Oh, wai
Patrice Caldwell
Aug 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've read nearly every version of this book and it's fucking fantastic. Yes, she's also one of my best friends. But also, I read a ton of fantasy and this one of the best books I've ever read. The ANGST will kill you, get ready to meet these siblings who can't stand each other but also have to work together to literally save their nation. Also, the worldbuilding is divine, and it's a masterpiece on a sentence level. More on all this closer to publication. Add it to your TBRs. ...more
rachel ☾
Set in an Indian-inspired world where magic is a physical resource, four estranged royal siblings must find a new source of magic to save their country.

the cover is gorgeous!

BlogTrigger Warning DatabaseTwitterInstagram
Akshaya Raman
Feb 18, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi everyone! I’m not active on Goodreads at all but since we’ll have ARCs soon, I wanted to take a moment to share a few things.

First of all, you can find content warnings here: https://akshayar.wordpress.com/

THE IVORY KEY is my take on the classic “princess must bring magic back to a world” story, but with a few twists: magic is a physical resource, and in order to get more, four dysfunctional royal siblings must piece together and follow ancient clues left behind by a secret society. I filled
Katy Pool
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A secret society, a hunt for lost treasure, and four siblings who are each hiding their own secrets…The Ivory Key is everything I love about epic, character-driven fantasy, brimming with magic, lushly realized settings, and deliciously slow-burn romances. An immersive, unmissable debut.
Gargee | Sapphire Bubble
Aug 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
13 Aug 2020:
Just learnt about this and the author has described it as' The Mummy but with fewer beetles, more angst and ancient ruins' and 'like the temple of doom but without all the racism & white saviours'.
Also, it is an Indian-inspired fantasy. I. AM. SOLD.
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
"A YA fantasy about 4 dysfunctional royal siblings who must go on an Indiana Jones-esque quest for a mythical key hidden by a secret society"
Okay so this cover? So visually aesthetic and am blessed to have it grace my eyeballs on this fourth of January.

I am also literally for an Indiana Jones-esque adventure and secret societies, and those book comps! 😍😍😍
Blog | Twitter | Pinterest
Mjspice
Jan 25, 2021 marked it as to-read
The cover omgggggggggggg
Meghan
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group - HMH Books for Young Readers in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I felt like I was on a fantasy adventure reading this book. My jaw dropped wider and wider open the more I read in this book. If this book does not draw you closer to your family, I don't know what will. All for one thing, the Ivory Key. All of the siblings think the Ivory Key is
Leslie Vedder
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! The world and the magic are brilliant. The four siblings and their relationships are so rich and subtle and complex. And it is chock full of life-or-death, heart-pounding action! If you love The Mummy, or really any of those Spielberg action flicks, you’ll love this one.
roseinkedpages
Mar 21, 2021 marked it as to-read
estranged royal siblings and a quest? yes yes yes, give it to me
Mary Seaman
Mar 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC provided by Edelweiss:

A fun read with puzzles, sibling bickering and slow burn romances.

I enjoyed this and recommend for those that like riddles, quests and some magic thrown in.
Simant Verma
Apr 30, 2020 marked it as 2022-releases
April 30, 2020: How come I got to know about this book only today??
- An Indian-inspired fantasy? Hell yes (I want more Indian inspired fantasies 😭)
- There is magic, lots of it!
- Siblings! This is a siblings story

Shelves: fantasy
Indian-inspired fantasy? SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW

Sasha Nanua
Apr 23, 2020 marked it as to-read
I’ve read an early draft of the opening of this book and it’s FANTASTIC. Can not wait to continue reading!!! 🤩
Christina Li
Erica George
May 20, 2020
Tirzah Price
Sep 14, 2020

• Sisters of the Snake (Ria & Rani #1)
  • A Promised Land
  • The Living and the Lost
  • Home Body
  • Where It All Lands
  • Black Apples
  • The Last Fallen Star (Gifted Clans #1)
  • Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption
  • A Trial of Sorcerers (A Trial of Sorcerers, #1)
  • The Show Girl
  • The Inheritance Games (The Inheritance Games, #1)
  • Finding My Voice
  • The Cactus
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • Love, Creekwood (Simonverse, #3.5)
  • You Should See Me in a Crown