Start by marking “Galactic Hellcats” as Want to Read:
Galactic Hellcats

Galactic Hellcats

Ki is a petty thief. Her best friend wills her his solo-flyer—call it a space motorcycle: temperamental, fast as hell, and expensive to maintain. Any reasonable person would sell it to get off the street, but Ki isn’t reasonable.

Margot is a military vet at loose ends. She blows her entire back pay on a solo-flyer, a decision she instantly regrets but can’t bring herself to
Kindle Edition
Published March 9th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Galactic Hellcats, please sign up.
Marie Two of the four main characters are gay. Margot and Thane. There are no romances per se, but Margot at least gets to make out with a girl robot? :D

Start your review of Galactic Hellcats
Marie
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I mean ... I've read this 80 times through and I love it each time, but I'm the audience the author had in mind writing it. :D

... I did this mostly as a joke but now I can't remove it? Oops.
Patrice Sarath
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books in which, when I close the book, I can tell the characters continue on with their lives and adventures. I love books in which I want to hang out with the characters, laugh with them, and be friends with them. I love this book for those reasons and many more. The characters are fully drawn and three-dimensional and they made me laugh (especially Ki) and made me want to give them all hugs.

Also, this book is kind. Everyone is messed up and in pain, but their kindness for each other, e
Celeste Dougherty
Galactic Hellcats is an action-packed thriller that will keep you turning pages late into the night. It’s a full-throttle adventure through space with a thief, a Navy vet, a noble woman and a prince. You’ll follow this hapless gang of solo flyers — think space motorcycles — through the process of learning to trust each other and learning to follow their hearts to what they truly want in life.

Zuleikah — the wealthy noble woman — and Margot — the middle-class Navy vet — can’t understand why pennil
John Loyd
Apr 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Galactic Hellcats (2020) 291 pages by Marie Vibbert

Ki lives on the fringes using her skills at conning and thievery to survive. Margot is a navy veteran who just wants to find a job. They are thrown together and end up on Ratana where they meet Zuleikah. The back cover gives a good synopsis*.

Action packed, they go from one scrape to another. 4 stars. I think I would have loved it when I was twenty, now I probably need the heroes to have more of a noble purpose. The setting, movement between plan
Robin Rose Graves
The concept of a girl motorcycle gang in space was enough to draw me in initially, but the worldbuilding was what made me stay. Looking forward to reading on in this series!
Jared Millet
It's amazing how fun science fiction can be when an author takes advantage of the infinite improbabilities of the genre instead of trying to be "grounded" and "serious." John Scalzi excepted, most SF these days is downright somber. Thank the Great Prophet Zarquon that Marie Vibbert hasn't caught that disease.

The improbability at the root of this novel is that at some point in the future, the technology will exist for people to own single-passenger FTL spaceships as easily as buying (or stealing)
Megan Bosarge
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced, interstellar journey of three unlikely friends who have one thing in common... they enjoy life in the fast lane, crossing the galaxy in their space motorcycles. Though the three women are self proclaimed independent spirits, the find that they need each other and that, together, they can cause just as much good as trouble. If you like feisty females and futuristic space crime, you’re going to want to buckle up and read Galactic Hellcats!
Mars Girl
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Are you looking for fun, adventure science-fiction without getting bogged down in all the gritty details of how things work (e.g., lightspeed)? Do you want to read something with a little heart? Marie Vibbert's first book has the promise of a series (I hope!) about a rag-tag wannabe gang of thieves.

But these are thieves we can all love. Through their separate stories, I grew to understand their personal struggles. I loved Ki's sad backstory and felt Margot's feeling of listlessness and uselessne
Shell S.
May 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Galactic Hellcats gang WILL be back for a sequel!

Too excited not to start off by sharing that, in case any readers hadn't heard the good word.

This is the kind of book I could re-read in two days easy, and will surely be tempted to do. I'm definitely going to keep buying this series and also any other novels Marie Vibbert publishes, probably multiple copies and formats so others can enjoy them with me.

Marie Vibbert's humor and her characters, who are so kind and vulnerable and occasionally ex
Crane
May 18, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book more than I think it deserved. It feels somehow ineffably millenial, and I say that as a millenial.

The characters were all dealing with very familiar, relatable life problems, including a general sense of aimlessness, which unfortunately lead to the book itself feeling very unfocussed. Being generous, one might call it picaresque, but it just felt rather shallow. None of the characters seem to grow very much, nor do their relationships with one another change a great deal. Non
Patti Substelny
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not a science fiction genre reader. That being said, I enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the character development, I really liked the characters and felt like they were friends. I cared what happened to them. I can't wait to see this book as a movie. I am already thinking about who I would cast in the lead roles. I recommend this to LGBT teens and adults alike. ...more
Kope
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story. Hard to put down

I read a lot of books. This one has characters that keep you reading. The story arch is full of action, keeping you on your toes. Just when one crisis ends, another kicks in.
Jamie
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a fun and delightful read. The characters, the setting, the plot-everything worked. Highly recommend.
Lauren Salisbury
Apr 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
Could not get into this but think it might have been a me problem 🤷 it felt like the plot wasn't really going anywhere by 1/3 of the way in. ...more
Nyla Bright
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun romp about found family and finding your place in the Universe.
Pieter
Betty Waren
Jun 06, 2021
Catherine
Mar 22, 2021

• Calculated Risks (InCryptid, #10)
  • The Haunting of Brynn Wilder
  • Baby Dreams in Good Hope (Good Hope, #12.5)
  • Christmas at Camp Cedarwood: A heartwarming Christmas romance with mystery, laughter and plenty of fun!
  • Fireheart Tiger
  • A Case of Cat and Mouse (Magical Cats Mystery #12)
  • Christmas at the Riverview Inn (Riverview Inn, #4)
  • Thankful in Good Hope (Good Hope #11)
  • We Are Never Meeting in Real Life.
  • Winter's Orbit
  • Body of Stars
  • Once Upon a Marquess (The Worth Saga, #1)
  • Her Every Wish (The Worth Saga, #1.5)
  • Gone Gull (Meg Langslow #21)
  • Murder under Cover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #4)
  • Lark! The Herald Angels Sing (Meg Langslow, #24)
  • Terns of Endearment (Meg Langslow, #25)
  • How the Finch Stole Christmas! (Meg Langslow #22)
See top shelves…
Marie's work has appeared in Analog, Asimov's, F&SF, and many other professional publications. Her short story "Keep Talking" won Apex Magazine's Story of the Year.

Marie is a software developer in Cleveland, Ohio. She attended the Clarion writer's workshop in 2013 and joined the Science Fiction Writers of America in 2014. She belongs to the Cleveland Science Fiction writer's workshop headed by Mar

News & Interviews