Start by marking “Christmas Deal” as Want to Read:
Christmas Deal

Christmas Deal

3.70  ·  Rating details ·  13,326 ratings  ·  1,962 reviews
Office Romance trifft auf Weihnachten

Riley Kennedy ist genervt. Immer wieder landen ihre E-Mails bei ihrem Kollegen Kennedy Riley. Doch statt sie einfach weiterzuleiten, gibt dieser stets auch noch seine unpassenden Kommentare dazu ab. Als sie sich auf der Weihnachtsparty dann gegenüber stehen, will Riley die Gelegenheit nutzen, ihm endlich ordentlich die Meinung zu sagen
Published November 1st 2020 by LYX.digital (first published December 5th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Deal, please sign up.

·  13,326 ratings  ·  1,962 reviews

Start your review of Christmas Deal
Christy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

The Christmas Pact is a short and sweet Christmas novella by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward. I love this writing duo and when I saw they had a short audiobook available I started listening right away. It was the best way to spend 2 hours and 54 minutes.

Kennedy Riley and Riley Kennedy work for the same company, but have never met. They do happen to get each others emails quite often, though. Kennedy likes to send Riley’s back to her with his commentary, which she doesn’t appreciate. They fi
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This gave me SUCH strong Hating Game vibes and my christmassy heart is THRIVING
Jacob Proffitt
This was pretty short, but I'm a huge fan of the narrators and it seemed like a great fit for the season, so I gave it a shot. And it worked for me for most of the story. Until it pulled into Stupidville for a stupiding and couldn't find its way out again. I mean, I kind of loved the premise of two people having reversed names and having some internal company issues because their emails get missent. I mean that's an interesting meet cute. And I enjoyed seeing them get along as they got to know o ...more
Priya
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Its me and not this book i guess. Again this author duo is my favourite and i have loved all tbeir books, but this dint work out. The plot seemed interesting, i know this is a novella, but i just couldnt relate to it. Simply i jst dint wanna read ahead. It seemed very clichè and predictable. I did love all the festive vibe though. Thats it.
Melanie (mells_view)
Cute Fake Date Holiday quickie...

This was a cute fake date for the holidays novella. I do feel like this book pretty much follows a formula this duo has established, but I still really enjoyed it, and that fact that it was quick really made the formula vibe work for me. I enjoyed Kennedy and Riley and how they even encountered each other. It’s just a fun read with a dash of angst to keep it interesting!
Diana
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really sweet enemies to lovers holiday story. Andi Arndt and Sebastian York were once again, perfect together!
MarvelUsReads
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enemies-to-lovers holiday work romance, The Christmas Pact is a charming read. Dreading her family’s Christmas gathering, Riley’s arch nemesis and colleague, Kennedy convinces her to take part in an outlandish plan. What begins under the facade of a fake relationship, quickly morphs into love. However, when fear erupts, their journey takes an unexpected turn. Unable to deny their feelings, a comical yet whimsical grand romantic gesture, simply fitting for a holiday romance sets their passion ...more
Jessica
Dec 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, owned
EW NO. The second this switched to the man’s perspective I was OUT. “I felt a twitch in my pants.” “Hearing that no man had planted his flag on planet Riley for a long time made me a little crazy.”

Unsuitable guy who’s kind of a jerk is then reformed into dream boyfriend is not a favorite of mine, but I get that it’s a trope that exists. This was beyond that. No thank you. Also, the woman’s big realization near the end is that she IS boring and if only she could get that man back her life would
Phrynne
I picked this up from Audible Original as one of their freebies for December. It was an entertaining way to spend 2+ hours of listening time. The narrators were particularly good.

The story started well and then continued in a fairly predictable manner. I did feel that what we were told was Kennedy's character and how it came across in the story did not align well. Actually his character was all over the place but it all came good in the end.

The ending was silly but sweet. Just don't take it too
NAT.orious reads ☾
This book is for you if… romances get extra points if they're set during the holidays in an environment filled with family pressure and infused with painfully denied horniness.

Overall.
It's not you, it's me is about the most unhelpful feedback a writer can get. It is also very honest. My biggest issue was that I saw the plot twist in The Christmas Pact coming the minute ViPen indicated there was a secret. I just knew. And it sort of spoiled the entire romance for me even though The Christm
Stacey is Sassy
A great in-between audio

I know it's after Christmas but I needed a listen for today and I wanted to get all the bubbles of joy in one hit. It was short, sweet and gave me one of the biggest and goofiest grins at the end that I HAD to give it 5 stars.

The narrators do a fantastic job bringing this story to life and I was left extremely satisfied. If you're sad that Christmas is over and wouldn't mind one last visit with St Nick, I highly recommend giving The Christmas Pact a try.
The Avid Reader
I was going to read Pawn by TM Frazier but I just couldn't. I tried very hard but you guessed it right. Reading slump decided to make a cameo in my life. I feel like reading slumps have the worst timings. Like when I'm trying to pass the 100 book benchmark in 2020, I get a reading slump. I tried to force myself to read but wasn't really into it so gave up and took a short break. To top that off, I caught a cold.

All in all, I picked this book up hoping that I would help me out of my slump, and a
Nana
Dec 17, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, meeh
Christmas short story, too cheesy, reads fast, but meh, I don't think I'll remember anything in a few days, but maybe the coincidence of the names Riley Kennedy and Kennedy Riley, that was funny. ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

Oh, this was fun! I picked this book as a freebie with no plans to read it anytime soon. The book that I had planned to read just didn't appeal to me so I decided to go ahead and give this one a try. I do enjoy shorter listens from time to time and the fact that this book is narrated by Andi Arndt and Sebastian York was a big plus. I found this to be a well-done romance and I am glad that I decided to give it a try.

I loved the setup
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
It’s free fro audio member go get it 🤩🤩🤩 so excited about it!! Perfect for this season ❤️❤️
Jackson Theofore Lara
A sleazy, sexist man manipulates a woman into loving him. It was a truly awful book. I give their relationship two years before restraining orders and divorce lawyers ate needed. Luckily this book was an Audible free selection for December, so I don't feel terribly cheated. Instead, I just feel disturbed. ...more
Renee Nicole

Eh. Straight edge romance is for chumps. Plus, one was named Kennedy Riley and the other was Riley Kennedy. It confused the shit outta me.

Kinda cute little love story, though. So I'll give it a whopping two stars. Which is more than I'd give most "romance" novellas who's dirtiest scene was a back rub.
Cori
Typically, I'm not a sucker for romance. I tend to veer in the direction of action and suspense. But around Christmas, my Mom's corny Christmas tradition of watching Hallmark movies infiltrates my reading habits, and I end up reading a handful of twinkle-light-problems-that-resolve-perfectly-shaken-snowglobe-powder-snow-Christmas-miracle romances.

Naturally, the nature of rom-coms and Christmas romances comes with a specific set of tropes. But a few of the tropes in this story threw themselves s
✰ Liz ✰
"He said I had ‘the look of love’."
description

The Christmas Pact by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward is a perfect Christmas Read. An Audible Audio read full of passion and holiday fun, this novella is sure to delight any holiday romance fans! Kennedy Riley and Riley Kennedy are two editors that work for the same publishing house. When some emails meant for one gets delivered to the inbox of the other, mayhem is sure to happen! When Riley and Kennedy meet sparks fly and the two end up falling in love!

description

Overa
Mindy Lou's Book Review
First let me just say that the narrators were fantastic. I really enjoyed both of them and their performance of this book. Unfortunately, the story itself felt a bit lacking for me.

I was looking forward to a short, cute Christmas story and what we got was a hero who started off obnoxiously. I just really don't enjoy the "school yard" romance. These characters are supposed to be adults. If the guy likes the girl, shouldn't they be nice to them instead of teasing them like they are 5 years old?

T
Briana B.
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute story!! I loved bringing in the somewhat old fashioned Dear (Ida) columns. Add in a literal white horse and I just about swooned😍😍😍

I also need to say that I love the cover for this book!
Tina
This is a Christmas Romance/Women's FictionI really love this cute Christmas love story. It is a short story, but it was a fun read. I got this story free from audible. (*) ...more
Wil Loves Books!
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
Super cute Audible original story narrated by Andi Arndt and Sebastian York.
This was short and cute albeit predictable but it definitely kept my interest the entire time.
I really liked the story and I definitely have to admit that I really liked both Andi and Sebastian, which as you know are not really my favorite narrators. Anyway, definitely recommend if you want a sweet, short Christmas story!
Leticia (jerseygirl)
"When I was a kid, I loved Christmas."
So yeah, I needed something Christmas-y in my life, and I chose this one. It's short, it's very sweet and it makes you all warm and fuzzy inside. Which is kind of the point when it comes to Christmas, right?

"Just be yourself. That’s more than enough. There’s nothing you could say that could make you better than you already are."
Riley and Kennedy are seemingly doing well. They work at the same company, they seem happy enough with their lives, but then somethi
Cyndi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an excellent Christmas romance. Our heroine and hero have the same name, but crosswise. She is Riley Kennedy and he is Kennedy Riley. They also work for the same company but on different coasts. Their emails keep getting crossed. But instead of just forwarding them to her, he adds comments. Snarky comments.
When the two meet she is ready to wipe the floor with him and he is interested in her. He charms her enough to get over her anger. Then they decide they have a plan to get their res
AvidReader
I loved the premise and there were so many hilarious moments. But halfway through the story hero transformed from a cocky but sweet, somewhat alpha male to a man-child. Which spoiled everything.
Otherwise safe and recommended.
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
4 quick easy Christmas Read

I’m obsessed with Christmas audio reads and if you are an audible member then it’s this month’s free read.

The narrators are one of my favorites and it’s a cute office romance troupe.

It was a bit frustrating towards the end, but I think the authors have to add a little tension (since it tends to be their writing style).

I highly recommend if you want a quick Christmas read.
Rachel Aranda
4.5-5 stars

My last buddy read of the year and it was a really good one. There is no smut in this (which can be a pro or con depending on who you are. This leans more on the line of sexual tension build up that had nice kissing moments. This book hit the spot of a Christmas romance that I was in the mood for. I genuinely wanted to keep listening instead of having to pause it (darn work ruins my listening plans at times). Also, the cover art is just so cute and I love the design.

Something to note
♥Rachel♥
Well done and lots of fun! Having Andi Arndt and Sebastian York narrate was the icing on the cake. Love their performances!
Shelby
Kennedy Riley and Riley Kennedy both work for Star Publishing in different departments, but because of their nearly identical names, their emails get cross wired, and ultimately they end up having to send emails to the right recipient. After several testy exchanges, the two of them meet face-to-face at the office Christmas party. And Kennedy makes an unexpected proposal: he’ll be Riley’s fake boyfriend for Christmas as long as she’ll be his date to his brother’s wedding. Riley is crazy enough to ...more

• A Very Bossy Christmas
  • My Smalltown C.E.O. Scrooge
  • My Fake Christmas Fiancé (Kane Christmas #1)
  • Santa Baby Maybe (Kane Christmas #2)
See top shelves…
Vi Keeland is a #1 New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author. With millions of books sold, her titles have appeared in over one hundred Bestseller lists and are currently translated in twenty-six languages. She resides in New York with her husband and their three children where she is living out her own happily ever after with the boy she met at age six.

Stop by an