Start by marking “Nothing but the Wolf in Me” as Want to Read:
Nothing but the Wolf in Me

Nothing but the Wolf in Me

Kindle Edition
Published November 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Nothing but the Wolf in Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nothing but the Wolf in Me

Start your review of Nothing but the Wolf in Me
heabooktubes
Feb 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Pretty good. Some weirdness. Felt like it took me forever to finish this one. But that could have just been a “me” problem.
M Andrian
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Didn't expect to love this hard...

1st I hope the author sees this rating.... I'm begging for you to tell Samiah’s story! I want to discover the wolf in her too!!!
Now that I've begged like Jodeci. Nothing but the wolf in me started out slow going for me but once I got to chapter 3 I was glad I didn't give up on it. I've never read a Nikki Clarke novel but I'm a fan now honey! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon the bookstagram feature that lead me here . Godwin and Valeena's love story is unique a
Sheena Johnson
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okrrrtttttt!!!

I know you mofo lying Ms. Nikki! I know the characters of Samiah and Cree better get a story! Girlfriend you had me wrapped up in this story like a daytime soap opera! I need Cree and Samiah's characters to be rocking your noodles to have their story told. Hmmph! As I cross my arms over my chest. Otherwise I love Godwin and Valeena's story. So touching. If these were short book to television stories I would be tuned in every week! With my glass of wine and a blanket!
Sharonda
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 star's

A good interesting read, this story started to drag at about the 50% mark though. Check out my full review via Instagram IGTV.
Déja
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Black Shifters FTW!

Nothing But Wolf In Me by Nikki Clarke is about Valeena and shifter Godwin. Valeena lives in the secluded mountains after abandoning her old life. An injured wolf (Godwin) ends up on her front stoop and she decides to nurture it back to health. While spending time in his Wolf form, the human in him calls to her. Valeena grows an attachment to Puppy (her nickname for the Wolf). The first time Valeena meets Godwin, he’s irresistible and the passion between them is uncontrollable
Jess
On the one hand, I was really digging this premise, both how the protagonists meet and the history of the wolf clan. On another hand, I love both main characters, even when some absolutely bonkers stuff is happening.

But on the other hand, I kept looking to see how much I had left to read, and eventually jumped to about 80-85 percent so I could read the rest. I was curious enough to know how everything turned out, but it was getting to be a slog. It was definitely one of those "I can't believe I
Fangs
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 steam

Check this out if you like:

Killmonger/T'challa struggle from Black Panther
Beauty and the Beast by Vivienne Savage
Uley pack from the Twilight series
action movies

This book was clever with great emotional journeys for the characters. It definitely wasn't your cut and dry "characters meet and fight their feelings for no reason before they fall in love" romance; there was plenty more going on in the story, and I really enjoyed that.

The one thing that bothered me about this book was so
Michele Hallahan
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heck yeah!

I'm here for it. Every bit of this was done to perfection. The romance, the action, the complete storyline... I loved it all. I'm with Leena, I loved Puppy, Sliver and Godwin, and I was sorry when it was over, taking him from me. I'll definitely keep a hopeful eye out for Cree's story, maybe I'll see more of Chief then. Please, please, please keep writing stories like these with AA characters, it's absolutely wanted. A few editing issues here and there, but it wasn't so distracting tha
Tracy
Dec 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really good read

I want my own puppy!

I enjoyed this book. Leena had a rough life and running from it was the only way to free herself. She’s all alone and has a wounded wolf on her steps. After that her life really did change.

I don’t recall reading this authors books before as I’m not into alien paranormal books. I’ll definitely take a look at the other books she’s written because I liked this one
Lillie Green
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Good Story

This was my first book by this author. I was surprised to find a shifter story with Black people. I was amazed at the story and the characters that were developed. The characters were well developed and each had their own story.
The story was interesting and the imagery is great. I can just about she the places she describes.
This is good book. I recommend to all who likes romance, second chances, shifters and the value of true love.
She' M
Jan 18, 2021 rated it liked it
Here for Black shifter stories - all of them. In the afterwards Clarke wrote that she almost didn't write a shifter story because it had been done so many times, and well, by so many others. I am glad she persisted because 1) essentially none of them are Black stories and 2) she added to the shifter/werewolf lore in a really creative way! I appreciated the biological explanation as well as the origin story that is unique BECAUSE its a Black story.

stacy
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

This book was very good. I like how they had there traditions. I would love to hear about a Miah story. I do wanna know their family history. This could be a series.This book had me laughing the whole time. We love to see what's next. This is a great read. it kept my attention the whole time.
Sharita Franklin
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Godwin is bae!!!!!

This book was so good. I could not put it down and read it straight through. The love story between Leena and Puppy is so sweet. I love that she didn't back down and was showing Nabeel and the rest of them who is boss. You should definitely write more black wolf shifter stories.
VirgoShaun 🧚🏽‍♂️
Great Read

I love this version of a shifter, and I also enjoyed that one of the main characters (the female) is relatable, she just isn’t a save me female, she is strong and tough but soft.....I enjoy the whole story, maybe sometime in the later future I would enjoy to hear about Cree
Faith
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Interesting Read

First time reading a book by this author. The storyline held my attention to the end. Enjoyed the fast pace love story of the two main characters and how much they needed each other to fill the empty spaces in their lives and hearts. Would like to see a book about the sister, Samiah's story and what happens next for her. Good read.
Kia
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read

For this to be Nikki’s first shifter romance, you can’t tell. Great storyline and I love the drama of running from your past but finding the courage to stand up to it. Hope to see more shifters in the future
Antonies Kirkland
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Surprised

I’m surprised this is your first wolf shifter book. It was good. I like the development of your character & the plot of the story. Hopefully, Samiah will get her story out. And what happens with the 3 cubs.
Lacreshia
Dec 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Definitely did not disappoint

As a fan of your alien books I'm now fan of your shifters as always this book was the bomb I look forward to more books from you with shifters And whatever else you come up with pretty lady make I can see you to bless and keep you
Cleo
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

This was so good! First time reading this author and I was pleasantly impressed! Loved Valeena and Puppy! Everything about their mating and her boss attitude made this story! Loved her strong role!
Honor L Hurst
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Female bad a$$ meets a wolf shifter.

This is my first time reading a book from Nikki Clarke and L. M. Byfield . I enjoyed this book. I will be looking for more books by these authors to read. Thanks so much!
K. Vincent
Feb 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Action adventure and sexy

This well executed romance with a good dose of wolf exceeded my expectations. I forced myself to make this a two day read when I wanted to just gobble it up!
KALUWA MAITRE
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read

I loved the story of redemption for each of the main characters wrapped up into this crazy wolf shifter romance. The author definitely knows how to keep you interested. You won't regret this read and I won't spoil it for you.
Shanice Benton
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love your novels

I love to read all her books . I wish they make a movie out of them . But that not going to happen especially since all the characters are black . But I can always hope lol
skystring
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story!!!

I did not think I would like the story but I quickly enjoyed the read. It had drama, love, and family. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ Samiah’s story with Cree!!!!
Shakela
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I actually want more so much more!! I have read a few of this authoress books and they were all amazing!!! Go read!
Jacqueline Williams
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Puppy

Nice shifter romance.good dose b od drama. A flaming amount of heat. Very good read. Could become a series. That would be great.
Erica David
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Puppyyyyyy

I loved it hands down. Such a good book. I just have to see Lil sis find her mate. Please do not leave us hanging.
Tosin King
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great shifter story

I loved the other series and was surprised to see a shifter book. I loved the romance and suspense! Can't wait for the next book
Lisette
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very pleasantly surprise with how much I enjoyed this story. I need more!
Shiala
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!

Great read, I read it in one setting. I was a different read for me from this author. I would so love to read Samiah and Cree story but I can wait.

• Envy: Seven Deadly Sins Saga Book 3
  • Forces of Nature: The Heart Brothers: Landon
  • Sanctuary: A Noire Immortals Story
  • Deep Down In The Bayou
  • Lust: Seven deadly sins saga Book 2
  • Loving Man
  • Skye Fall
  • Noemy: The Forbidden Goddess
  • the love galore mixtape
  • Wrath: Seven Deadly Sins Saga
  • BigDickEnergy.Com: Adventures In Online Dating
  • Pride: Seven Deadly Sins Saga
  • Mean Tucker: The Bully 2
  • The Hybrid Wars
  • Maybe Next Time (Vegas Nights Book 1)
  • Bloodlust (Creole Nights #2)
  • Craving the Beast Within: An Urban Paranormal Romance
  • Hood's Story: A Naptowne Drama
Nikki Clarke is the pen name of a thirty-something poet and writer from Chicago. She’s always loved a good love story in books and on film. Her favorite on screen love declarations in no particular order are: Darius and Nina under the viaduct, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth in the field (Knightley and MacFadden version), and Dwayne and Whitley at the wedding. Nikki doesn’t mind a little weird (or raunch) ...more