Start by marking “The Isle of Sin & Shadows” as Want to Read:
The Isle of Sin & Shadows

The Isle of Sin & Shadows

This island alone boasts more ghost stories than all of Louisiana combined.
And I'm one of them.

In the Louisiana swamplands, ghost stories are as much a part of childhood as chasing fireflies and crawfishing. They never much scared me, though, nor the possibility of evil out to do me harm. Until the night I watched shadows come to life and butcher everything I loved.

Wit
Paperback
Published March 16th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Isle of Sin & Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Isle of Sin & Shadows

Start your review of The Isle of Sin & Shadows
✰ Liz ✰
"I no longer fear the darkness..."
description

The Isle of Sin & Shadows is a dark and suspenseful romance full of action, suspense, and plenty of dark cult magic. Céleste is a young woman who has struggled her entire life. Traumatized by horrific abuse she experienced through her childhood, she struggles with remembering anything from her past. When she ventures home to Louisiana, she is thrust back into the terrors of her past. Thierry Bergeron is a mysterious man who has found success by working with
Arini
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars

Idk which is worse (or more titillating if you’re into this sort of thing) --> (view spoiler). I’m talking about the handle/butt of either. It seems ✦ hOt ✦ and extreeeme, but I’m not inclined to find out. Are you??? Or possibly, hAvE YOUUU?!?

Also, raise your hand if you think the following banter is funny, sexy, and/or romantic!!! Because, I think it’s #gross.

“I have a confession.” Another bite, and I
Kat Valentine
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a outstanding captivating thrilling gripping tale full of twists and turns that had me saying more then once to myself " What the Fuck just happened"!!! This is one of the best books that I've read so far this year!! Its definitely a book that I will read though again and again. The characters are mesmerizing! Thierry is a dangerous and dark anti hero who owns and runs a strip club which covers his real job of laundering money for the cartel. With a face and a body of a fallen angel and a i ...more
Lo Bookfrantic
Mar 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, f-br

4.5★★★★Stars

Genre: Gothic Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual

Céleste James learned at a very young age that everything was temporary. She’s grown not really knowing exactly what happened to her family and why they died. In hopes to find answers she headed back to her home town which is influenced by voodoo and superstitions.

”A darkness lies beneath all that calm, like a wild animal scratching at his tightly woven facade. One that might be inclined to b

❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
When you want utterly unique you don't have to look any further than this author. This book is a must read. Loved it from front to back, unputdownable, highly recommend. ...more
kat
SONG:
I Put A Spell On You • Annie Lennox

La lune. Les étoiles. Ma Céleste.
The moon. The stars. My Céleste.

To be honest, I wasn't hooked from the beginning, but it's Keri Lake, my favorite author, so I sucked it up and read it. I'm glad I did because I fell in love with the writing, the characters―even the side characters―and the book.

“I wouldn’t play games with me, Mr. Bergeron.” Planting a palm on his desk, I lean toward him. “Because I may not look like much, but I am one crazy
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars
Leigh
The Isle of Sin & Shadows is the latest release by Keri Lake and it was awesome. Before I begin this review I must say that Keri mentions in the beginning with Dear Reader that this is a very slow burn in regards to the romance but I found it was also a slow build that tested my patience for the first 50% of the book. Now once the second half begins the story takes off into a story of betrayal, lies and a whole bunch of sick actions. I loved Thierry and Celeste together, they both had issue but ...more
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤

⭐️5 full stars of Gothic charm⭐️

A masterfully woven plot infused with mystery keeping you second guess everything until the very end. Keri breathes life into the pages with a soulful tale. A story set in contemporary times but connected to a past full of history and legends, a land where reality and illusions collide, blending into one. A land imbued with an eerie atmosphere a gothic setting where you can’t tell apart dreams from reality, nightmares from memories.

Cèleste and Thierry’s story wil
Mara YA Mood Reader
I’m 35 and a Wattpad writer but I draw the line at sweaty, hairy ballsack sucking (mmm, nothing like toilet water splashed balls in the mouth to turn us on 🤮 🙄), bondage, and thumbs in buttholes. And referring to vulvas as CLEFTS and SLITS.

This always happens to me when I venture out of YA because I want more spice. But every. Freaking. Time. I pick up a NA/A it goes straight to trashy erotica & fetish. Where is the middle ground between YA and NA spice?????

More contemporary than I thought. Not
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20210315-182858

Well I have three simple words to say about this book: I made it!! My heart rhythm wasn't the same for a while but let’s not dwell on that. This story was haunting, dark, complicated with an old school visual that left you mesmerized and gave you chills all at once.

Celeste James has been haunted for the past ten years about her past. As the days continue to go by, finding out about a long lost mystery is the key to unlocking every haunting dream she’s ever had finally coming face to face wit
Lilith

𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊: THE ISLES OF SINS AND SHADOWS.
𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐄: DARK ROMANCE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓:🤠🤠🤠🤠
𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆: 🌏🌏🌏🌏🌏
𝐄𝐘𝐄-𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑:🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐘:
After staying away from her Hometown for a decade ,Cèleste finally decides to uncover the truth of her past...when she caught the eye of our big bad wolf of the island, Thierry. Now, they are both caught in the middle of Cart
Mimiorphee
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
description

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This story is simply phenomenal. You need to take the plunge into Keri Lake 's southern Gothic mystery romance. Both chilling and scorching hot, the atmosphere gripped me, never leaving me, while I burst out lauging, cried, hid behind my fingers, or fanned myself.
If you like dangerous, deadly, possessive and caring alpha heroes, you are going to fall for Thierry. I felt for Celeste, the strong, fiery badass heroine. She is a fighter who never backs down. I am in awe of her.
The intriguin
TheBookPlatypus
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OK so this is the first book I read from this author. (Even though I own all her books). I know what you’re thinking.
Why would I own an entire backlist of an author I never read from.
And it’s because I know that she’s a phenomenal author simply based on the reviews that she gets. But I finally sat my ass down and decided to read her most recent release.

Ok ok ok first of all.. I need you to think of Louisiana Bayou, rich history with voodoo/hoodoo vibes. Gothic. Creepy AF.. anyone watched Ameri
Joy Westerfield
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot fully express how emotionally charged I am after reading this story of mystery, sadness, tragedy, and two characters finding each other in all the darkness. This book absolutely slayed me, completely and unequivocally, slayed me. It deserve thousands of stars, not just five! While I knew this book was going to be long, the pace is perfect and the storyline is like no other. I savored every word, every sentence and every paragraph. I truly didn’t ever want it to end.

Celeste is a youn
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hella exciting and nail-biting, edge of the seat Gothic thriller that will leave you gasping and panting with horrified excitement..for MORE!!!
A touch of goth, a dash of romance and a huge dollop of Mystery & intrigue, inhabited by a brainwashed sect of conspiracy theorists, and whaddya have- a BRILLIANT piece of writing from the prolific writer, who's become my instant one click author.
I had goosebumps the ENTIRE TIME I was reading it. Reading should be believing but I can attest to the fact t
Courtney
Mar 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I seriously want to bow down to Keri and her amazing writing abilities, especially when it comes to dark, gothic romance. Her talent knows no bounds and she never ceases to amaze me.

The Isle of Sin and Shadows is unlike anything I have read before. It's a dark, gothic southern romance riddled with lots of suspense and thrills. This book is a page turner and one that is impossible to put down once you start. It will seep into your dreams and stays with you all day.

"You're my favorite ghost sto
Joyffree
Mar 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Don't look away. No matter what you see. What you feel. "
"And if it's too painful?"
"Pain is only the beginning"

A conversation between mother and daughter

The Isle Of Sin and Shadows was truly a wondrous experience.
I was quickly transported into the story and felt like I was a part of the events.
I could hear the sounds of the swamp, the water sloshing against the docks, the gators snapping at the surface. I easily visualized the backdrop and the people.
It was a feast not only for the mind but
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic blend of a darkly twisted Gothic contemporary mystery, complete with ghost stories, evil souls, black magic, werewolves, and romance! Céleste is looking for answers, and while she needs to remain incognito, someone has taken a dark interest in her appearance on Chevalier Isle. I was thoroughly enchanted with the Louisiana setting, the folklore, and the mystery of this place. Thierry is a deeply dark soul, but he finds himself unable to stay away from this bumbling woman who ...more
CC
4.5 ★

After leaving her childhood home and warned not to return, Céleste James decides to face her fears and unlock buried memories. With ghostly images and a community influenced by voodoo, Céleste’s journey to the Bayou brings her face to face with her demons. Thierry Bergeron is an intimidating man with nefarious ties. Thoroughly familiar with local superstitions and suspect of many, he begins to make connections between fact and gossip.

“That’s the thing about fate, isn’t it? We don’t real
Lenor
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“You can’t change who I am. But you’ve already changed what I want.”

I was hooked from the very beginning, the writing is more than perfect, the plot is genuine, and the characters have a draw that I was craving everything about them. Keri Lake is a master when it comes to dark and thrilling stories, they connect so brilliantly that the story itself can totally stand on its own, but adding the romance and steaminess to that, makes the perfect book.

Céleste is the girl who sees shadows, she sees th
Zoë Braycotton
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So how to write a review that will do justice, sometimes I can’t articulate the words to relay how a book made me feel when they are this good... so here goes.

A spine chillingly, majestically dark, engrossing read. Utter brilliance.

It consumed me, I think I’ve lived and dreamt this book for the last few days. Totally got in my head.

It takes you through so many emotions, from totally on the edge to utter joy at the outcome of a particular incident, too I could hide under the duvet and not come
Emily Eck
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what this book was about. I knew Keri Lake had something coming out, noted it on the calendar, and went to Amazon the day Alexa reminded me. I saw it was 500 pages and did a mental fist pump. I love the long ones. I spent the first months of quarantine reading an 11 book omnibus. It kept me sane. There is no greater gift than a writer who can create a world I have no desire to leave.

There are so many things going on in this book that are stitched together into a perfect quilt of d
Kelly Kemmerly
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Céleste

“My heart is starving for something I’ve never had before, but the ache in my chest feels masochistically good. It’s a reminder that I’m still alive. That I crave something from this world. And the beauty in all that rejection lies in never having to mourn the end of something that was never there to begin with. Like cutting open a dry vein with no fear of bleeding out.”

Thierry

“Every cell in my body is on fire right now. From the moment I walked through the door, I could feel that the
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Spine tingling, suspenseful, and utterly mesmerizing. The Isle Of Sin and Shadows was unlike anything I’ve read and a story I won’t be forgetting any time soon.

When Keri Lake announced that she's writing another gothic romance, I knew I was in for a treat. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING prepared me for the absolute thrill ride that was this book. I mean MY GOD.
This unbearab
Vivian
Keri Lake has cast some voodoo witch crafty sh*t on me with this story and I LOVED every minute of it!

"This island alone boasts more ghost stories than all of Louisiana combined. And I’m one of them."

WOW just...W O W. Words won't be enough to express my level of love for Thierry and Celeste's story. The level of detail, plot execution, and character development that Keri did was astounding. It was very obvious that she put a lot time and effort into creating this fictional world and characte
CC
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ★

“That’s the thing about fate, isn’t it? We don’t real
Hanan
Mar 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A powerful enthralling unputdownable book!
This story is poignant, alluring and had me on edge till the very end.
The intensity of the plot is unlike anything I’ve read.
It’s intricacies is complex and I could not fathom how everything would come together.
But it did and masterfully at that!
The characters are all unique, multifaceted with so many layers to them.
It was fascinating seeing the layers being peeled away.
The anticipation of seeing the diversity of each character left me wondering how they
TheBookPlatypus
Apr 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Why would I own an entire backlist of an author I never read from.

warhawke
Genre: Gothic Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

After years of staying away, Céleste James decided to go back to her hometown to find answers from her past. But Chevalier Isle was as dangerous as when she left it. Now even more so when she caught the eyes of Thierry Bergeron.

Thierry was dark, sexy, and could harden or soften his heart when he needed to. While Céleste was sometimes reckless, she had determinations in achieving her goals.

I want to punish her for whatev
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Requiem of the Soul (The Society Trilogy, #1)
  • Complicate (Deliver #9)
  • Black Sunshine
  • I Thee Take
  • Relentless (Starcrossed Lovers Trilogy #3)
  • Start a Fire (The Savage Crew, #1)
  • Stalkers
  • Dominate (Deliver #8)
  • The Touch of a Villain (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #1)
  • With This Ring
  • Broken Promises
  • Fractals
  • Hard Luck (Trophy Boyfriends #4)
  • Blackmailing His Bride (Court of Paravel, #3)
  • Dare You To Hate Me
  • The Man Who Hated Ned O'Leary (Dig Two Graves #2)
  • Bond Deeper Than Blood
  • Once We Were Starlight
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

News & Interviews

“What the hell is love, anyway? Fleeting moments of adoration smothered in pain and disappointment.” 1 likes