Start by marking “Nurse Jack: True Hospital Stories, Hospital Covering up a Rape, Crime, Drug Abuse, Tragic Loss, and Comical Stories” as Want to Read:

Through these true stories, I wanted to tell a reality that is not often told, or realized by the general public.

Nursing is a very demanding job, no matter what field you work in. Most nurses are hard-working, conscientious, and display empathy when most people would not be able to. Sadly, some nurses are not up to the task, I must admit, which often results in negligence.
Published November 6th 2020 by Tellwell Talent

Start your review of Nurse Jack: True Hospital Stories, Hospital Covering up a Rape, Crime, Drug Abuse, Tragic Loss, and Comical Stories
Mystery
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this as a Goodreads giveaway.

Entertaining and shocking at the same time. The book is well written in small easy to digest chapters. It did end a little abruptly, almost like it was missing a chapter at the end. But other than that, just some funny stories and hard facts.
Kayla Tornello
The author certainly has his fair share of interesting stories from his career as a nurse. It was really interesting to learn what nurses have to deal with every day. It also reveals how hard that job is! The writing isn't as eloquent as a professional author's, but it is definitely heartfelt.

I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway. Yay!
Jenelle
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! Was eye opening to read about the realities of nursing and the health care system.

Reminded me so much of Greys Anatomy episodes.

Looking forward to interviewing Jack on my podcast, Ebb and Glow about his experiences as a nurse.
Rose Wright
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I could not get enough of this book. All kinds of emotions, happy, sad, concerned, shocked are just a few. It’s great to have an inside look at how things are in the medical world. Please continue your stories.
Mary
Mar 18, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
good book
Ken Sim
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed Nurse Jack and the everyday language used to describe real-life occurrences in the health care system.
Deborah
Mar 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hospitals

Its really hard to believe what goes on in them .some good things some bad. Some sad but there's a lot of good people that work in hospitals. Really enjoyed it thanks
Paula Hodai
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on goodreads and I loved it! Such a light and easy read, I was able to finish it in one day, even with a busy schedule. Some of the stories made me laugh, some made me cry, and some made me say “whoa!” Highly recommend if you want something to get through easily (in a good way).
Colin Cameron
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nurse Jack is a first hand account of health care stories based on real life events, some fun, some sad and some shocking. It is an easy read with short digestible chapters while at the same time being informative about aspects of health, mental health and how the health care system and personnel work. Jack Houston makes it clear that these stories are the exception rather than the rule, but these kind of far out things do happen often enough. As a physician in the business for over 30 years, th ...more
Kay
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Rating: 5/5 stars
Release Date: November 8th, 2020
Genre: Nonfiction | Biography

I absolutely LOVED this book of short stories. If you want to hear some crazy stories about medicine and healthcare, this is a must read. Nurse Jack shared some amazing stories in his experience, and it literally had me laughing one chapter and crying in the next.

It is currently my career dream to become a nurse. I already have a bachelor's degree, but I've decided to start completely over and go back to school for
Karma
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting perspective of the complexities of nursing and the emotional and physical toll it creates for someone who cares about patient welfare and rights. A quick pace read that reflects the reality of the front line nursing. I get the sense Nurse Jack has hundreds more experiences yet untold. It offers a glimpse behind the hospital curtains of both sad and at times humorous scenarios
Miriam
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to accurately reflect the complex scenarios that happen throughout a career in nursing. Excellent read for anyone considering the profession!
Stephen Pushak
Jun 07, 2021
Jovany Agathe
Jun 17, 2021
Jack S.
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
elizabeth walker
Katie Mccarthy
Lori Piscicelli
Traci
Jan 18, 2021

• What's the Worst That Could Happen?: A Collection of Reader-Submitted Medical Stories
  • Mysteries and Mindsets (Decoding Persistent Depression #1)
  • HUNTED: A DI Harry Briscombe Detective Mystery Novella (A DI Harry Briscombe Detective Crime Thriller Mystery)
  • Anterograde Tomorrow
  • Separated Together
  • Dead By Sunset: Perfect Husband, Perfect Killer?
  • Address Unknown
  • Killer Clown: The John Wayne Gacy Murders
  • Bela The Westie: a True Tail Tale
  • Child's Play
  • The River
  • House With One Hundred Doors
  • Silent cries of the children
  • The Next Wife
  • Limelight
  • Spies of No Country: Secret Lives at the Birth of Israel
  • Serpentine (His Dark Materials, #3.6)
  • Broken Lines: EMP Survival (EMP Survival in a Powerless World- Series Book 1)