Start by marking “Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life

Are your thoughts out of control--just like your life? Do you long to break free from the spiral of destructive thinking? Let God's truth become your battle plan to win the war in your mind!

We've all tried to think our way out of bad habits and unhealthy thought patterns, only to find ourselves stuck with an out-of-control mind and off-track daily life. Pastor and New York
Published February 16th 2021 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Winning the War in Your Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning the War in Your Mind

Start your review of Winning the War in Your Mind: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
Joshua James
Outstanding!

Craig, you really hit it out of the park with this one!!

I love how you go into a fairly in-depth scientific explanation and then follow it up with, basically:

- I have no idea what any of that meant, but here's how we can apply it to our lives. 😀

Again, awesome book, brother!
Carrie Anne
I was given this book as a gift from a religious (Christian) relative. Although I am not religious myself, it was an easy-to-read book with helpful insights into the negative thought patterns under which we operate. It weds cognitive behavior therapy practices with scripture, and has thought provoking exercises throughout to help the reader gain insight into the operation of the mind. Although the author’s insights were not revolutionary, I am sure many practicing Christians would gain comfort i ...more
Suzonna Mcfarlain
Easy, but deep read

Groeschel writes in a way that is easy to read and holds interest with personal stories, yet leaves the reader with thought provoking questions. The book challenges the reader to look at the source of issues faced and rewire the brain to face them (with God).
Stefanie Sugia
"Our lives are always moving in the direction of our strongest thoughts. What we think shapes who we are."
I've read several books by Craig Groeschel in the past and each one left a lasting impression on me, especially Hope in the Dark . I always enjoyed his writing style because it's easy to read yet also thought-provoking at the same time. I also admire how he's not afraid to be vulnerable in the books that he wrote and shared his personal struggles that readers can relate to. So when it
Jason Wicky Ong
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a short and practical book. There are 4 principles: Replace, rewire, reframe and rejoice in the book but I do find them quite similar to one another. I love some examples that the author used in the book.

I can do all things through him who gives me Strength. -Phil 4:`12

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matt 11:28

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Philippians 4:6

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. P
Ken Peters
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up at a time when I felt desperate about a battle I was losing against so many negative thoughts in my head. And this book has given me hope of winning that fight because of the practical and accessible steps it gave me to counter the lies I’ve spent way too much time believing. I think a big reason it felt so helpful is that it doesn’t just describe what’s happening in the spiritual realm, but also provides easily understood explanations of what’s going on neurologically. Tha ...more
Shana
Apr 13, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-study
As a minister’s wife, I appreciated his stories of what it’s like to work in a church - the not having weekends and the struggle of planning meaningful sermons. Really, I can’t imagine the pressure he must feel sometimes with so many people watching.

I loved his responses to the struggles that he faces - by tithing his time with God and spending less time on sermon writing, by appreciating his life and changing his viewpoints on frustrations. I do think there are many helpful ideas and life lesso
Asher Bueno
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
An exemplary book when the author fails to cohesively back up scientific facts with biblical truths. It’s quite disappointing that the author required to misappropriate biblical text to support his claims. This book does not even scratch the surface of psychology when it comes to cognitive topics.

It also fails to be a Christian book as the author horrendously uses biblical text and stories out of context and failed to exegete the Bible in the correct manner.

Nonetheless, if you want your ears t
Apr 16, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5⭐️-This book was a very good review and reminder of similar teachings I’ve received in both classes from my church and in other Christian non-fiction books I’ve read. If I wasn’t already familiar with the ideas, this probably would have rated higher for me because the message is presented in a very accessible way and is well explained and supported with scripture. The humor in here did miss the mark for me on many occasions which took me out of the teaching somewhat. It also had that “dude br ...more
Eric Lee
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Derick
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Phenominal read! Groeschel does it once again! He brought his personal type of innovative craftsmanship to the table yet again to show us a clear and concise way to renew our minds in a step by step process that anyone can follow along with any complete! If you invest some time you will get great results!

The storytelling and humor in this book keeps the pages turning effortlessly chapter by chapter.
Bianca
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Beautiful read, very easy to understand. I find that some books have very complex language, but this felt like Pastor Craig was preaching to me every day for a week. I loved the reminders, it's a book I've taken notes from, if I ever am taken over by negativity.

Overall, I felt as if some parts were becoming a little repetitive, as if to fill the pages. Nonetheless, I loved how Pastor Craig connected his personal experiences to the messages he was sharing. 100% I recommend it!
John Lippe
Mar 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great reminder of the importance of positive thinking since your thoughts dictate the direction of your life. Enjoyed how Pastor Craig combined the best thinking in science with that of the Bible to make a powerful case for re-wiring your brain with positive, Godly thinking.

Still need to take time to reflect on his exercises of identifying thoughts that don’t serve me (ie “I’m not enough...”) and replacing them with scripture / truths that say otherwise.

Daily battle.
Linda R Johnson
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding! Groeschel knocks it out of the ball park with this one.

This book is essential for anyone desiring clarity and peace of mind. Craig's prescription for winning the war in your mind is nothing less than profoundly deep. Incorporating his 4-step process was the game changer for me.
I've already recommended the book to others and I know after you read it you will, too.
Amy Barker
Apr 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was so helpful, and insightful. Craig has a perfect way of story telling with a purpose and making points with story, scripture and insight. He knows what real life struggles are. As with many good Pastors, he knows what real people deal with and doesn't sugar coat the issue. We are slaves to our thoughts unless we take them all captive. I really enjoyed this book and will be reading again. ...more
Donna Guider
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of my 2021 favorites!!

This is a topic that I have overwhelming approached without success or direction many times.

Craig Groeschel, used by God has given me practicals I can put in place to replace negative thoughts with new and true ones.

This book is funny, easy to read/listen and powerful all in one.
Nan
Helpful. If you have listened/read through the same themed youverion study and listened to his sermons on this topic (links to it from the youverion) you get most of the same information. At least the same stories. There is a bit more meat surrounding them in the book. The book is read by him with a guest voice appearance of his wife.
David
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Solidly biblical while addressing modern science and psychology. I’ve already used ideas from this book in my teaching. A great read for this dealing with the unique stresses of today - covid, depression, addiction, political craziness - and how to cope both in the mind and in the soul. 5-stars all around.
Kathy Van Der Dyke
Mar 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow - there was a LOT packed into this book. So many great insights and tools to use to help my mindset that is stuck in a rut! The book was just what I needed right now in my faith journey. The exercises were very beneficial and I will keep these pages to go back to for a long time. Thank you for this book Craig!!
Davian
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I should give this book to my people. Well-written with its cooperative methods to process and articulate what information we’ve got. In the end, we have to show how to handle our emotions well, by sorting which and when should we stop talking and keep doing it.

This book is literally outstanding. 5/5 for them.
Zach Cunningham
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Craig does a great job with this book. At times felt a little “self-help”, but this book drips Bible all over. Great concepts and ideas, backed by solid research. Excited about the Appendix of verses he encourages people to memorize to help fight lies. As always, Craig is clear, concise, and compelling.
Isaac Denton
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! Loved how he broke it up into 4 different memorable parts. Brought in science to point to thought patterns but didn’t make it over anyone’s head. All the scripture was really helpful and really liked how it was all listed again at the end. Overall highly recommend it!
Kiwii
Mar 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I appreciate this book because the power of our own thoughts resonate deep and differently between each and every one of us. Learning to stay in tune with your thoughts and staying centrally based around pure love is truly devine.
Christina
Mar 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Definitely 4.5 stars! Love this book! So many practical and spiritual truths on walking in truth, retraining the brain, and how it’s not as mystical as some would have us believe. This is my favorite Groeschel book thus far!
Lee Heddlesten
Mar 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This one combines two of my favorites: the study of the mind and the power of the scripture. I admire Craig for his vulnerability throughout this book. I'm excited to build on the exercises shared with the book to build an even stronger mindset. ...more
David Wine
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book could not be mire relevant in this time if constant negativity around us. I have actually thought about this concepts in this book for years. Thank you Greg for breaking it down for us in what could be be considered a battle plan for our lives.
Hannah Harrison
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
THE best and most helpful book I've read on anxiety. Groeschel does a fantastic job of mixing in science, scripture, and practicality that will help anyone defeat the lies that anxiety uses to hold us captive. ...more
Andy Bintoro
Apr 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Basically this is a book about the power of mind, that we need to reshape our mind in bad conditions for there is no bad conditions, etc. Not like many books out there in the same genre, this book quite balance on explaining the power of positivity and walk in biblical way.
Mike Pineda
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book :)

Well written book with lots of scripture quotes from the bible that are useful and practical in todays age. Not overwhelming steps to practice but easy daily activities that can help you in your daily life to make your thoughts and actions better.
Conrad
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is likely to be one of my top books of the year... Enjoyed it from start to finish. This is PACKED with truth, practical applications, and encouragement for anyone who has ANY negative thoughts in their mind. Highly recommend!!

• Win the Day: 7 Habits That Unleash the Power of 24 Hours
  • Foundation's Edge (Foundation #4)
  • This Close to Okay
  • The Book of Eels: Our Enduring Fascination with the Most Mysterious Creature in the Natural World
  • The Boy Who Followed His Father into Auschwitz: A True Story of Family and Survival
  • The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology That Fuel Success and Performance at Work
  • Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen
  • Better Decisions, Fewer Regrets: 5 Questions to Help You Determine Your Next Move
  • Alibaba: The House That Jack Ma Built
  • Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
  • Colonel Roosevelt
  • Fervent: A Woman's Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer
  • Engaging Generation Z: Raising the Bar for Youth Ministry
  • When People Pray: What Happens When Ordinary People Pray to An Extraordinary God
  • My Tech-Wise Life: Growing Up and Making Choices in a World of Devices
  • Bronze Age Mindset
  • The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance
  • The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance – What Women Should Know
Craig Groeschel is the founding and senior pastor of Life.Church, a multisite church with attenders at locations around the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.

Craig and Amy started Life.Church in a two-car garage in Edmond, Oklahoma in January 1996. While Life.Church has grown over the years, its mission remains the same: to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.

News & Interviews

“The truth, not just for me but for you, is that our value is based not on what we do but on who made us (Ps. 139:13–16).” 0 likes