Start by marking “My Love Affair with the State PB” as Want to Read:
My Love Affair with the State PB

My Love Affair with the State PB

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Take two energetic young professionals fresh from the New York advertising world, drop them into a small Maine town as the new owners of the village store/restaurant/dance hall/soda fountain/guest house/bowling alley, and you are guaranteed some highly entertaining results!
Published January 1st 1993 by Rowman & Littlefield Publishers

To ask other readers questions about My Love Affair with the State PB, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Love Affair with the State PB

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of My Love Affair with the State PB
andrea
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't believe I never heard of this gem! Describes the places, the people, the times so well. Am a NY transplant to just south of Gooserocks myself at a MUCH older age though. Have been recommending the book to everyone I encounter up here since reading the very first pages.
Dawn
Dec 30, 2019 added it
Good book. I enjoyed enough to read pretty consistently from start to finish. Saw this in a shelf of loaner books while at a B&B in Kennebunkport, ME, but had to leave it behind at the B&B before finishing. Bought my own copy off an online used dealer. A humorous story of the reality of the life of women businesswomen in a previous era in coastal Maine.
Susan
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a little treasure. I had to put it down for a while and when I picked it up again it was like an old friend.
Erynn
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this book on a recent trip to Maine from a used bookstore called Carlson & Turner Antiquarian. Its pages are tattered and the cover is much more charming than the one shown here, with a big red heart and colored drawing of the Maine seaside. I loved it! Two young women move away from the fast-paced life of New York City to open a general store in Goose Rocks, Maine. Mind you that this book was written in the 1950s. I fell deeply in love with the state of Maine and the fierce ...more
Nancy
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars
Loved it! Loved the people, loved the stories, loved the time period. Want to learn more about the event that happened at the end of the book.
Melanie Kay
Apr 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites. Always a good summer read.
Caitlin
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a book for people who love Maine. It's dated but entertaining, but accurately captures the charm of Maine.
Ginny Maillet
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved this nostalgic book about two single women running a general store for one summer in Maine.
Anne
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very sweet book. It's dated but I didn't mind. Writing style similar to Nancy Drew books!
Caroline
Peter H.
Jan 09, 2019
Karrie
Apr 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books of all time!!!!!
Romelle Berry
Sep 16, 2010

• The Night Olivia Fell
  • Rabbits for Food
  • The Outlander
  • Almost Anywhere: Road Trip Ruminations on Love, Nature, National Parks, and Nonsense