Start by marking “Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Betrayal

Betrayal

(Regency #2)

A man of many secrets...
Adam Prestwich is keeping secrets. He lets no one into his past, not even his best friend. Distracting himself with the problems of others allows him to forget his own. Until another personʼs problem becomes his in a big way, and one of his own problems steps in to make trouble as well.

A woman on the run...
Bri Derring never wanted the life she
Published September 18th 2008 by TreasureLine Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betrayal

Start your review of Betrayal
Midu Hadi
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: regency romance fans
Kgcummings
Jun 26, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betrayal, the first book in Jaimey Grant’s Regency romance series, takes the reader to jolly old England in the early 1800s. Mystery opens the story with the heroine imprisoned, rightfully so, for theft. Though her sentence appears stiff, (the death penalty) it was the custom of the day. However, the story doesn’t end there. In fact, that is just the beginning of a tale that transports one to a time where every day life was dictated by appearances, social standing, and protocol.

Ms. Grant’s
Kyle Borland
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was the first book eBook I have ever read, so it was an experience. Jaimey Grant provides the reader into the fascinating world of Regency England and demonstrates how character development is done. Though the plot is dark, like most love stories are (Romeo and Juliet or Antony and Cleopatra anyone?), it is necessary to the story. The tone of the book allows the reader to feel the difficulty the characters go through when they have to forgive, move on and in ...more
Joyce
Betrayal, a Regency Romance by Jaimey Grant, is the tale of two deeply emotionally wounded and bitter individuals, forced to come to terms with their past and learn to forgive both each other and themselves, before they are capable of confessing their love for one another. Betrayal is well written, flows together well, and keeps one reading to the very end. Ms Grant has a firm grasp of the Regency period, and knows both how to work with and around the morés of the time.

Betrayal was a bit of a
Sharon
I've said before that I'm a walk-away from the romance genre. I had begun to feel like I was reading the same book over and over again.

Then I had the good fortune to meet author Jaimey Grant when we both entered a writing contest. She asked me if I would review one of her books, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It says a lot that I would not only read one of her books but have just finished a third one; Jaimey's characters are well-developed and her plots are entertaining. Minor characters from some
Bernadette
Mar 11, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, the only thing that slowed down my reading of Ms. Grant's story is my computer. (Oh, to have a Kindle! Or a better office chair.) The second half of the story being particularly page-turning! Having read both Spellbound and Redemption prior to Betrayal, I enjoyed reconnecting with familiar characters – especially Raven, Bri, and Adam – and their adventures through life and love, like friends sharing secrets from their past. Secrets that readers can empathize with – greed, family, ...more
TJ
Sep 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5.0

A beautifully written page turner of a book. It's darker than most Historical Romances. The heroine really is betrayed and abused throughout most of the book. Although not graphic at all, the emotion comes through loud and clear. It was so realistically written that I found it very hard to continue through at times Ms. Grant is an incredible author to watch, her work is moving, sometimes heart-wrenching but always incredibly crafted .
Linda Boulanger
Apr 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As in all Jaimey Grant novels, the depth of her characters is amazing. The emotions as they come to terms with their lives and loves carries the reader from beginning to end. Be forewarned...you won't want to put it down.
Jeffrey
Apr 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though I’m not a big fan of romance novels in general, I must confess that I have enjoyed the novels of Jane Austen. (In the interests of full disclosure, all my testosterone tests have come back normal, though the doctors did insist on double-checking the results). Even through the mists of a different era, Austen’s timeless insights into the dynamics of human relationships always struck me as intriguing. And as a history buff, her view of life in early 19th Century England and witty, biting ...more
Rachel
Jan 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jaimey Grant's book, Betrayal, is a creatively written story about two people, who are very similar in nature, yet two people who believe they are quite different. They meet in the most unlikely of circumstances and butt heads throughout most of the story. Stubborness, pride, hurt, and anger all play their roll. But among them, love, understanding, and forgiveness also are brought to light.
I was warned about the darker nature of this book, but in all honesty I found it to be very enlightening.
Lori
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I went to jaimeys blog and was drawn into her book, Betrayal by the descriptions she had there of her main characters.
I wanted to know more (exactly what is suppose to happen). I had just downloaded kindle to my iPhone, so how wonderful for me that with a click of a few buttons I had her book in hand.
I only put the iPhone down a few times, but once the kids were gone and I had all Sunday to myself, I stayed in my chair till I had found out all the wonderful details of The handsome Adam and his
Paige
Sep 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were really in depth and the reader had the chance to get to know each one. The whole premise of the plot is very dark and tough for some people, I would imagine, to read at times, but it also sets up a great love story about forgiving, moving on, and at times revenge.
I really enjoyed the character of Adam, even though he had many dark secrets, he still was an essential character. Bri was a bit annoying, but she had to be that way to make the whole
Jaimey
Nov 24, 2008 marked it as books-i-wrote-or-contributed-to  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Bri is mouthy and opinionated, abused by everyone who is supposed to protect her.

Adam is stand-offish and secretive, not even allowing his best friend fully into his life.

These characters have their problems, their secrets, their insecurities, and their breakdowns. They are more human than I like to admit. They eventually find a sort of peace within themselves and with each other.

I have been told that it is easy to forget that they are fictional characters...
Jewel
Jan 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betrayal is a very emotionally-charged novel that pulls you in and makes you really feel for the characters. The author puts you in the characters' heads and helps you to understand what drives them. I don't read a lot of Regency romance, but this one definitely kept me in the story. I'm looking forward to reading Jaimey's next book!
Pamela
Feb 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The two main characters, Bri and Adam, are fueled by their wounded past. Often times they allow stubborness and pride get in the way because of their past. The characters are very well written and you can understand their feels and what causes their actions.
I was hooked on this after the first few pages and couldn't put it down. I will recommend to friends.
Ig-88
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ut beatae possimus omnis odit quis provident vitae. Sed totam officia soluta. Dolore quaerat delectus beatae assumenda. Fugit eum dolorem.
Angie
Mar 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, english
Too much rape and abuse. Couldn't take it even if it turned out ok in the end.
M.M. Roethig
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Jamiey Grant's writing, it has a Jane Austin feel to it that leaves me aching for more. She also writes about hard to read subject matter that brings an element of emotion to her writing that one simply doesn't want to put down.

In this book we meet up again with Adam and Bri, characters introduced in the previous book, Honor. I loved the continuation of this story as we watch Bri go from the hangman's noose into the arms of an enemy by her standards. Her titled birth has put her in the
Melissa
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: content
The book was written like a sequel. I picked it up and felt like I was starting in the middle and not at the beginning of a story. Was this a sequel? I hate when it is not made clear at the beginning. If not this was a major flaw. The writing was a little off too. The characters were irritating to me too. The story was interesting enough that I didn't put it down, but I won't be reading anymore by this author.This is an adult book that is not clean to me. There were no detailed love scenes and ...more
Cheryl
Jan 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know that I can say anything better or more accurately than Joyce did in her review. Jamiey's writing is fantastic. This book is just a bit to dark for me to really enjoy. I still think Conner is my favorite character. He and his wife have so much integrity, I love them dearly for it. Adam and Bri are a bit hard for me to swallow, particularly Adam. I look forward to continuing on in the series. I'm interested to see if his transformation sticks.
Bethany Swafford
Honestly, I really wanted to like this one. I was excited to finally learn more about Bri, someone who had been spunky and determined in the first book. The problem was...I couldn't like Adam at all.

Also, this one crossed over the line of what I consider a clean romance book to be. The overall dark one of the book did not appeal to me.
BK
Feb 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't like this one as much as I expected. Liked Adam in Honor but was disappointed in his character in Betrayal. His problems seemed so trivial compared to the women in the book but he was the one sulking around so much.
Wanda Luce
Dec 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Betrayal has a first-class beginning that had me hooked. Jaimey Grant does a wonderful job pulling the reader in, and the desire to see Adam and Bri finally admit their feelings carried me along through the story. Jaimey also does a nice job with the Regency-era language.
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it..
Fiction Book Reviews
rated it did not like it
Jan 14, 2011
Jul 18, 2012
Joy Gifford
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I'm an author who battles ADD with sporadic doses of writing, book cover design, blogging, online promotion, homeschooling my two kids, fermenting things with my husband (mostly beer), video games, reading, and housework. (The housework suffers.) I sleep and eat when I remember.

Check out my blog, if you get the chance: Into the Mind of Jaimey Grant

Regency (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Honor