Start by marking “Liquid Courage” as Want to Read:
Liquid Courage

Liquid Courage

Alexandria Van Kirk has always been a slave to her romantic nature. When a night of liquid courage lands her in bed with one of her best friends, Alex is confronted by a host of feelings that terrify her. Feelings about her friend and, unexpectedly, a barista from her favorite café.

It’s a tug of war between heart and body. Desire against all her daydreams of someone to sha
ebook
Published November 23rd 2020 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Liquid Courage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liquid Courage

Start your review of Liquid Courage
Lex Kent
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.25 Stars. This was disappointing to say the least. I saw that the early reviews –by friends whose opinions I trust- were not very good for this book. I went in cautiously, but still hoping that I would enjoy this. I’ve loved books that others didn’t and I’ve disliked books that were popular, so maybe something similar would happen here. Instead, I’m sorry to say that this book was not a match for me at all.

The book is actually in two parts. Part one, which is exactly 45% of the book, was actua
Leah
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-new-adult
2.5 Stars
TW for homophobia, internalized homophobia, and self-harm.
I think ‘Liquid Courage’ is one of the very few romance books where I did not want a happy ending with any of the relationships presented. I would have been happier to see the main character, Alex, single and working on herself.
This felt more like two books to me. In the first half, we have the small triangle between Alex, her best friend Ryan, and Dani, her coffee shop barista. It had the angst and emotions I expected with a n
MZ
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. As far as I know this is the authors first full-length novel and I hate writing negative reviews, especially for a debut novel, but this book didn’t work well for me. I liked the underlying ideas, but I think the author wanted a bit too much with the various storylines and the amount of emotions (angst), and I didn’t like some of the story choices.

I would describe this as a NA coming of age novel. Alex is a 22-year old student, finding her way to love. To get there she has to evaluat
Skip
Nov 28, 2020 added it
I read a lot and hate DNFing a book - but unfortunately I just can't finish this one. It pains me to do this because the author is clearly good with words, but I can't get past the storyline.

The book is split into two parts and I was quite enjoying the first part, but as soon as the second part of the book started I just became increasingly frustrated with the main character and the way the storyline took a turn.

I may end up returning to this in the future but I don't think it'll be soon. Whils
Carol Hutchinson
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Angsty and Dramatic!

Alex’s life is one big mess of overwhelming feelings and emotions messing with her head and heart as she is torn between her relationship with her best friend, and one she desires to have with the woman who has caught her eye at the local coffee shop. When her past then catches up with her, adding a new level of complication to her circumstances, Alex is torn by everything she feels and the situation she finds herself in, with the difficult decisions she is going to have to m
K
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Two stars. I'm actually sorry about how honest I'm about to be when this is the first review. This had all the angst of a typical new adult book, and then multiplied tenfold.
The first third, or something around that mark, fit with my expectations. Mostly. I expected the BFF to have the advantage over the barista, but you only need to see them interact once to know who the better choice is. I'm glad with how things proceed with Dani, up until that point. I get the impression that Alex doesn't des
nutmeg
Dec 03, 2020 rated it liked it
"Always wanting to make things easier than Alex deserved, only to make them more difficult in the end."

21 year old (Alex) Alexandria Van Kirk has big notions of love. Vacillating between being brave and owning her heart to living under her impression of love, her reactions and subsequent decisions would leave readers wanting.

The book is presented in 2 parts, each part focusing on the characters she was involved with.
In part 1, Alex crossed paths with Dani, the barista who was bold, knew who and
S. Gatica
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I honestly liked this book so much. It's dark and so beautiful at the same time.
I enjoyed reading the complex characters specially the protagonist who brought me all kinds of emotions. I think what made this book so especial for me is how relatable it is, it's honest and complicated and just so real.
Shea's sentences are so beutifully written and I really can't wait to read more of her stories.
Gina L
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!

I am not really sure how to put into words how this book made me feel. There is such an honest yet intense feel to this story. First I was impressed that this was a full novel, not one of those books that have the last ten chapters squeezed into one. This is Alex’s story. It has two best friends, an ex, a new love and family new and old. Since I am three times older than the main character, I thought this was going to be on the young side for me. However, I could not have been more wrong. Th
V
Jess
is currently reading it
Nov 30, 2020

• The Mandolin Lunch
  • Two to Tangle (Tangle Valley, #2)
  • Not This Time
  • The Holiday Treatment
  • Detour to Love
  • Checking It Twice
  • Bulletproof
  • Against the Grain (Flippin' Fantastic, #1)
  • 16 Steps to Forever
  • Night Tide (A Seal Cove Romance, #2)
  • All Aglow