Start by marking “Nightfall (Blood Magic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Nightfall (Blood Magic, #1)

Nightfall

(Blood Magic #1)

Tegan encounters all kinds of crazies working the night shift at a 24-hour grocery store. None of them, however, have anything on the handsome stranger who comes in one night and helps her fend off an armed robber. He looks the thief directly in the eye and without confrontation convinces him to turn around and walk out the door.

Tegan has never seen anything like it, nor d
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 263 pages
Published March 7th 2021 by L.H. Cosway (first published January 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Nightfall, please sign up.
L.H. Cosway Yes, that's correct. I scrapped and re-wrote about 80% of the book though, so Nightfall is very different from the original version (Tegan's Blood). T…moreYes, that's correct. I scrapped and re-wrote about 80% of the book though, so Nightfall is very different from the original version (Tegan's Blood). The following 3 books in the series contain changes and edits, but will be more familiar storyline-wise if you already read the old versions.(less)

Start your review of Nightfall (Blood Magic, #1)
L.H. Cosway
Feb 03, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nightfall is now live on Kindle Unlimited for just 99c!

Nightfall-L-H-Cosway-Live-Teaser1

Kindle US: https://amzn.to/3bukv3L
Kindle UK: https://amzn.to/3t7wnyR
Kindle DE: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08YB8M2VN
Kindle CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08YB8M2VN
Kindle AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08YB8M2VN

Read on for sneak peek of chapter one!
***

“I’m the one who eats actual food here, so I know what I’m talking about.”

“Well, I might not eat, but I know for a fact that you don’t put chorizo in paella. I was once invited to dinner
Andrea
The plot of Tegan's Blood was a predictable mishmash of other vampire stories and episodes of Buffy, but that still could have been enjoyable if it weren't for the character of Tegan herself.

I can't remember the last time I read such a spineless, defeated, and annoying main character. She spouts antagonistic tough talk and then backs it up by letting every stranger in the vicinity walk all over her and her common sense past the point of a death wish.

In the very first chapter, Tegan is cornered
Carvanz
I love that this author has decided to update this series giving me an opportunity to read them. I have looked at them in the past but always passed them by. Perhaps the cover, the blurb, or reviews? Not sure really. But I’ve found that when books are updated they are usually very well done and so I jumped on this as soon as I had the chance.

Mass. Store Clerk Shoots Robber Who Held Knife to Woman's Throat – Personal Defense World

Teagan was a heroine that is just struggling to get by. She’s got a job that leaves a lot to be desired but it has put her exactly where she needs to be to
Antonella
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
SERIES: Blood Magic #1
GENRE: paranormal romance
TROPES/THEMES: insta-love, vampires/witches
CLIFFHANGER: yes
TRIGGER WARNINGS: mention of suicide ( off page.. heroine ex boyfriend)
RATING: 4⭐
SONGS: Eurythmics - Sweet dreams
Abba - SOS

One night while working a night shift in a grocery store our heroine, Tegan encounters three interesting strangers. After one of them helps her fend off an armed robber Tegan doesn't give it much attention. However, after meeting a mystery man Ethan again, she suddenl
Yodamom
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Tegan is just working her nightshift minimart job when it’s robbed, again. This time someone appears to help her, a good looking blond man. Him and his companions move fast and act weird, telling her she will not remember them. She thinks it weird but hey she’s okay and they lost no money. Later when she goes out with friends to a nightclub she meets the blondie again and he’s shocked she remembers him. This is where it all starts to unravel. What is it about her that is different ?
This world al
Viviana Varona
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy from the author today.
I loved this book. It had both suspense and a slow burn romance. I look forward to reading the next book in this series by this author.
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Nightfall by LH Cosway

‘“Do you know what it feels like when I’m near you?” he asked in a seductive, entrancing voice. It made me instantly forget why I was wary of him or why I should be leaving.

“What does it feel like?” I whispered.

He lowered his mouth so that it was hair’s breadth from mine. “It feels like my entire body is vibrating with the undiscovered mystery that lies inside of you.”

“There’s no mystery in me.”

“I beg to differ.”

LH Cosway is one of my all-time top three writers. She is cons
Lady Heather

"4- Knights in shining armor don't exist. There's always a catch, Stars!"

L.H. Cosway is one of my favorite authors, and she's one of my 1-click automatic buys.
So, when I heard she was releasing this series, I was really excited.

Nightfall is the first book in the "Blood Magic" tetrology.

Once again L.H. has created very interesting, and unique characters.
In this paranormal series, she's created a world where Vampires, Warlocks, Witches, and shapeshifters exist but are unknown to the common
Amanda
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
What a surprising book. I started this book with no expectations other than the description. The first part of the book was slow moving and not all that eventful. I was afraid that I would lose interest and have to stop reading it. However, by about 1/3 of the way through, the story picked up and I became engaged in the story and what was occurring. By the end, I couldn't put the book down and was anxiously waiting to read more.

Tegan was a complex character. I enjoyed her and it was so easy to c
Dali
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
L.H. Cosway skillfully pens a hooking story about a woman whose life will never be the same after the night she met the mysterious Ethan Cristescu.

Heroine: Tegan was merely surviving at a dead-end job when Ethan saved her from an armed robber. But when she runs into him again at a nightclub, she’s introduced to a paranormal world she only thought existed in books. I really liked her personality. She’s sassy and sarcastic and faces life head on.

Hero: Ethan has all the traits I like in a
Carrie Noar
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of this author for years, but this was the first time I picked up this series. To be honest, I've read more than my fair share of vampire romances and the style of her other books is so different, I just never picked up this series. Recently, however, I just got into it thanks to and ARC. I am so glad I finally got to this series and I am hooked. I can't wait to get through the rest of the series to find out what happens.

In the beginning, I was a little afraid that it was goin
C.
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could talk about this book for a while, so bear with me. Tegan’s Blood is nothing short of wonderful. It's a unique vampire novel that crosses a lot of literary genres, and I'm so glad I read it.

One of the greatest draws in the book is Tegan herself. First of all, that’s the coolest name I’ve heard in a while. As someone who has the same name as half of Henry VIII’s wives, I’m always drawn to people with lovely and interesting names. It really fits her personality in that it’s a bit mysteriou
Melissa
Tegan gets involved with a secret society of vampires and discovers with a shock that supernatural beings are very real. The city where she lives is full of them! The south side of Tribane is vampire territory while the north belongs to the Slayers, Dhamphirs, and the magic wielding humans--witches, warlocks, and sorcerers. The ensuing events reveal Tegan's deeper involvement. Ethan and the other vampires all feel attracted to Tegan because of her alluring blood scent. Tegan is a descendant of a ...more
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
If you are getting a little tired of reading the typical Paranormal romance book where girl-meets-Vampire and they instantly fall for each other with no rhyme or reason, then Tegan’s Blood may be the little bit of fresh air that you need. It is a refreshing read with a strong character that sticks to her guns and doesn’t allow anyone to push her around, not even a very sexy Vampire named Ethan. Ethan, and all other vampires around her, is instantly attracted to Tegan and she can’t trust that Eth ...more
Casey Keen
Tegan is troubled. The man she loved committed suicide in their home and the guilt and sadness she feels is immense. As she tries to carry out her daily life, she unexpectedly gains the attention of Ethan, a vampire. Her blood is special and a lot of supernatural beings can sense it, putting her in danger.

Tegan's Blood was an interesting book, but lacked originality. Now, I'm not knocking the book for this. It was a good read and I know that coming up with a complex and original plot is challen
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i got this book today because it was free and i have to say if it wasnt free i would of paid for it i started to read the book and i tried to stop buti couldnt its one of those books you start to read and cant stop til its finished i cant wait to start on book 2 but im gonna try to hold off on buying it till this weekend so i have a good book to read cant wait to read it though im also gonna get the other book by this author that isnt in this series i cant rember the name but i love the sample o ...more
CeCe
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was okay. Tegan was not my favorite. She told everyone everything. She was strong one minute and then (in my opinion) did ridiculous things in the next.

There is pining for the boyfriend, Matthew, that committed suicide in her bathtub. I was not able to connect with Tegan and Ethan, the hero. There were limited amount of scenes with them. I felt like this book did a lot of background and set-up for the rest of the books in the series. Not sure yet if I will read the other books in the serie
Kenya Wright
Damn it! I had a long review and when I saved it... the damn thing had that "goodreads capacity" message!

ROOOOOOOAAAR!

Either way, this was a great book!

It didn't tell me the purpose to life or change my outlook on mankind within society. . .but it did mess with my emotions:

At times I was heartbroken for the main character.

Other times I was hot and bothered for the hero!

Love it.
Maria Monteiro
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

I loved this book it was better than I excepted it to be. I stayed up late reading it and woke up early to finish it. I love Tegan lived a paranormal world at many times acted like a normal girl would. My heart broke for her. i wanted to her take her pain away . And yes I'm in love with Ethan, he's perfect.This book really does have it all. I can't wait to read the next one.
Dana Funicello
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Once again L.H. Cosway does not disappoint! I have read book 1&2 in two days. Looking forward to the third book in this series. Thank you for being so creative in your story telling.
Elizabeth
Sep 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why this is rated so highly. Tegan is annoying. The whole book is her being explained things to. Boring. And definitely not a romance. ...more
Katherine McCarthy
My Thoughts
You know when you pick up a novel and are so captivated that you stay up all night until it’s read, well Tegan’s Blood is one of those novels. I read it in one sitting. It’s so well written and expertly delivered that it’s impossible to stop once you start. When I cooked dinner, I had my Kindle read it to me (even with that awful monotone voice). When my eyes got tired, I did the same. I just could not put it down!

L.H. Cosway delivers a first-rate Urban Fantasy tale of vampires, magik
Sofia Ikonomou
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Highly addictive!

Fisrt of all I must confess:

a) I hadn't read the original Tegan's Blood series before , because I'm not really a fan of paranormal romance. Somehow I find it hard to suspend my disbelief and all that jazz.

b) I'm not supposed to read anything non study related until the summer. But this is L H Cosway revamping her series, so I was intrigued.

I mean...how could I resist...

So, I thought I could combine reading and studying for a week..but nope, not happening...just like the vam
Mischa
Apr 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I really enjoyed this one towards the end. However, the beginning was very, VERY "teen romance" (not the good kind), and I had no idea why does the hero even like the heroine except for her supernatural stuff, so it wasn't even a good romance in general. Not to mention that there was a lot of the "other women are sl*ts and b*tches except for me or my friends of course" and we cannot forget the "waitress blatantly flirts with my man in front of me" trope.

But then, since the second half of the boo
Patricia Wonderland
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nightfall is the first book in the Blood Magic series, a series already published a few years ago but recently rewritten. I didn't read the original series so I went on this adventure ready to be surprised and dazzled.
Tegan, our heroine, is a courageous young woman, ready to accumulate two jobs to pay her bills. She lives in Tribane, survives the suicide of her boyfriend and is the protective friend of a young neighbor. Her life will take an unexpected turn when she meets the beautiful and myste
Beanimous
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is surprisingly good. I enjoyed every moment with it. It is exciting, it is fun, it is magical and enchanting.

I found the heroine very lovable and admired the writer's skill in making her character felt alive and vivid even when the author didn't pour lengthy descriptions of her in the book. You get a vague description of attributes of her physicality, but her personality and spirit is very alive in every page.

I love the dialogue, I love the heroine's innocence and cluelessness. It is
Katie
I liked this book. I didn't think it was as good as other books I have read by this author though (the books I have read have been really quite different but I just didn't get that same feeling from this one). I liked the storyline with its mixture of magic and vampires. That being said though, I felt that more could have happened to make the story a bit more interesting. I would read more books from this series. ...more
Marta
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have read the original series few years ago (I think abt 9yrs ago) and I wasn’t sure whether I’d like the changes made in this book. I was equally worried and excited about the news.
Tegan’s Story (formerly The Ultimate Power series) was my all time favourite. That’s how I got into reading LH Cosway and I have been ever since.

I found myself glued to this story the same way I was back then. It reads better and all my fav characters are still in it. People think this book is same as all other v
Melena Torretta
Mar 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
PNR romance is usually not a sub genre I pick up often. However, I am a big fan of L.H. Cosway's writing, so I was excited to give this series a try.

Nightfall is the beginning of Tegan's story. She is introduced to a whole new world after someone helps her stop a robbery at the store where she works the night shift.

I was quickly drawn into the story and characters. There was some set up and world building, but not so much as to bog down the plot. There are twists and turns that kept me glued to
Nicole Hughes
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
Maybe I’d have enjoyed it more if I hadn’t read the originals. I felt like there was more to the story in TM.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Black Sunshine
  • All Rhodes Lead Here
  • Heart Smart (Work For It #2)
  • Mad About Ewe (Common Threads #1)
  • Street Smart (Work For It #1)
  • To Have and to Hate
  • A Discovery of Secrets and Fate (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #2)
  • Once We Were Starlight
  • The Revelation of Light and Dark (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #1)
  • Under Pressure (Lessons Learned #1)
  • Give Love a Chai (Common Threads #2)
  • Dewey Belong Together (Green Valley Library, #7)
  • The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil, #3)
  • The Match
  • Weights of Wrath (Cipher Office, #4)
  • The One That I Want (Scorned Women's Society #3)
  • Ashton Morgan: Apartment 17B (Wreck Me, #1)
  • Bound by Forever (True Immortality, #3)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Blood Magic (4 books)
  • Tegan's Return (The Ultimate Power, #2)
  • Tegan's Magic (The Ultimate Power, #3)
  • Tegan's Power (The Ultimate Power, #4)