Start by marking “The Memory Keeper” as Want to Read:

The Memory Keeper

From the USA Today bestselling author of The Summer House comes a story about family bonds, one small town, and a reunion that changes everything.

Hannah Townsend’s life is just as she’s always wanted it to be. She has the perfect job at a New York magazine, a small but elegant apartment in the upper west side, and an incredibly successful beau named Miles Monahan. This yea
Published January 26th 2021 by Harpeth Road Press

Availability: 3 copies available, 2832 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Feb 13 - Feb 25, 2021

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Memory Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Memory Keeper

Start your review of The Memory Keeper
    Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews

I feel as if the word perfection is used too much when I describe one of Jenny Hale's books, but it is what it is people! For me, she is exactly what I need in an author. Descriptive words used for her books would be; fun, smart, and endearing. Simply put its quality writing with heart.

The Memory Keeper is a perfect way to kick off 2021 with romance.
    The blurb really does explain it all. Pre-order today and thank me later :)

~Tanja*ARC Provided by PR

InstagramTwitterFacebookPin
    Asheley
    Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2021-read
    4.5/5

The Memory Keeper by Jenny Hale is a heartwarming, feel-good read about a woman with an unexpected change in her plans.

Hannah Townsend is on her way to a sunny vacation in Barbados with her boyfriend when she suddenly has to reroute her travel plans to head back home to Tennessee to see her ailing grandmother. Finding her way home from LaGuardia during a snowstorm proves difficult, but she is able to ride along with an old friend, Liam McGuire, in his rented car. Liam and Hannah have run i
    Carolyn
    Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: hale-jenny
    My first book by Jenny Hale. It was wonderful!
    Jennifer Vido
    Hannah Townsend is living her best life in the upper west side of New York City with an impressive job at a magazine and a handsome and successful beau, Miles Monahan. With her thirty-fifth birthday on the horizon, she’s planning to celebrate in Barbados sipping tropical drinks in the sunshine with her boyfriend.

When she receives a call about her grandmother falling ill, she trades in her island vacation for a ticket home to Tennessee. As it happens, the sudden change of plans provides a welcom
    Mandy Baggot
    Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    The sweetest romantic read - I loved it!
    When Hannah heads home to visit her sick gran, little does she know that this trip will change her whole life!
    I love Jenny Hale books. They never fail to give you that warm, satisfying, cosy feeling as you read. This one was another triumph and I can totally see this being a film. A must read!
    Elaine
    This is an absolutely gorgeous read, one I have thoroughly enjoyed escaping into - mind you, that wasn't a surprise to me as that it just what I expect when reading books by this talented author. The best advice I can give is read this book rather than my review, I very much doubt if you'd regret it!

Hannah Townsend left her small town upbringing behind when she moved to live and work in New York. She thinks she's got everything she wants in life and has made special plans to celebrate her thirty
    Kel
    Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    I have previously loved books by Jenny Hale and this one might just be my new favourite. This book is rich in all things family and friends, overflowing with love and support and it's what we all need in our lives right now.

Hannah is a character I could empathise with instantly, she was career focused and driven until she returns home and she starts to remember her roots and what's really important.

I laughed and cried as I read, I befriended these amazing characters and immersed myself in the vi
    Lori Walton (Personal)
    Another Jenny Hale winner! In The Memory Keeper, we follow Hannah as she worries about her grandmother's fading flower shop business and her grandmother's ailing health, all while rekindling friendships with a few people from her childhood, and befriending a stranger in an airport. Of course, there's a romantic interest and he's battling issues of his own that Hannah will help him through.

She is also at a career and life crossroads. Her current career is not satisfying to her anymore and she rea
    Lu
    Jan 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
    A sweet and inspiring story about changing course in life

Hannah thought she would spend a holiday in Barbados with her boyfriend Miles, but plans abruptly changed once she got to the airport.

It turned out that Miles had other plans that did not include her. To make matters worse, she got a phone call from her mother saying her grandmother was in the hospital.

Twice heartbroken in a matter of minutes, she found herself stranded at NY’s airport, having to figure out a way to travel to Franklin, Ten
    Gemma The BookCosy
    Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
    It’s every woman’s nightmare: to think you have found ‘The One’ only to find that he’s cheating on you.
    That’s exactly where Hannah finds herself – and where this story starts. But this book isn’t so much about Hannah being cheated on, but about finding her true feelings and re-discovering her need and love for her family, something she had forgotten during the last few years while building her career in New York.

Jenny Hale has written her characters with empathy and feeling and she knows how to
    Kathi
    Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I was gifted a copy of this book by the publisher for an honest review.
    The Memory Keeper by Jenny Hale is a delightful book about family, friendship, life lessons, priorities, and making memories. Hannah is stranded and heartbroken at the airport, after her plans to spend her 35th birthday in Barbados were shattered, along with her heart, by her boyfriend of two years who cheated on her. In an unexpected turn of events, Hannah discovers two people - an old friend and a perfect stranger - in the
    booksofallkinds
    Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    *I voluntarily reviewed this book from the Publisher.

With a story that feels like a warm hug and characters that become family by the end, THE MEMORY KEEPER by Jenny Hale is the perfect read to lose yourself in.

Hannah Townsend left her small-town life behind and has what she always wanted - a fast-paced, exciting career, and a long-term relationship with Miles which she is hoping will lead to a proposal soon. And with a secret luxury getaway organised for them both, everything is simply perfect
    Kirsty
    Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    The Memory Keeper - Jenny Hale
    Narrated by Melie Williams

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for a fair review thanks to Harpeth Road Press

Hannah Townsend has the perfect job at a New York magazine, a small but elegant apartment in the Upper West Side, and a successful beau named Miles Monahan. This year, she’s leaving the icy city sludge for sunshine! She’s got tickets for two to Barbados, and she’s meeting Miles at the airport for a week of cocktails, sandy beaches, and the music of st
    Dee-Cee  It's all about the books
    Oh my goodness, what an absolutely fantastic read this was. The Memory Keeper swept me up from the very first page and took me on a heart warming journey, it totally drew me in and left me feeling all squishy and warm.

Hannah Townsend has a plan, she’s going to surprise her boyfriend and whisk him off for a well needed holiday to Barbados, massages and cocktails, sounds perfect right? Well life has other plans for Hannah and instead of basking on a sandy beach she ends sharing a car in a snow sto
    Cindy Roesel
    Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Plans for Hannah Townsend’s 35th birthday celebrations are about to be sidelined. In bestselling author, Jenny Hale’s new novel, THE MEMORY KEEPER (HarpethRoadPress) plans for a special trip to Barbados are cancelled when she sees her boyfriend kissing another woman and a snowstorm moves into New York City shutting down all airports. While waiting to decide what’s next, she gets a call from mom telling her 95-year-old grandmother is really sick in Franklin, Tennessee and she must come at once.
    Wh
    Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
    Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    First, I want to thank Jenny Hale and Harpeth Road Press for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

The Memory Keeper is a beautifully written book by an incredible storyteller Jenny Hale. Out of all the books I have read of hers this one has been my favorite. It is a must read and should be added to your TBR list.

The cover graphics are very picturesque and represent the book perfectly. Kudos to the graphic designer who created this.

Jenny dedicates this book to all the great
    Page-Turners
    Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Jenny Hale is an author that draws you so far into the story, that you feel so much a part of it, and you forget where you actually are.

Hannah thought her life is so perfect, she’s living in New York City, has a great apartment on the upper west side, her dream job, and she thought she had the perfect boyfriend. She had plans to spend her 35th birthday in Barbados with Miles, her boyfriend, but then her whole world comes crumbling down. She finds out Miles is cheating on her, and is stranded at
    Lynn
    Jan 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Hannah Townsend has the perfect life, a great job, a wonderful boyfriend, and she is ready to surprise him at the airport with a trip to Barbados for her thirty-fifth birthday. Soon everything comes crashing down right at the airport and she gets a phone call about her cherished grandmothers failing health, Hannah has nowhere to turn. When an old friend and a new friend run into her at the airport, the three of them start out on a journey that will change all their lives.

When Hannah finally gets
    momssanity
    Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: womens-fiction
    The Memory Keeper was such a breath of fresh air! Hannah Townsend lives in New York and is so busy with work that she decides to plan a surprise trip for her and her boyfriend Miles. Suddenly, her life is turned upside down and she finds herself stuck at an airport needing to get home to Tennessee. When Hannah is gifted her grandmothers journal, she realizes just how important The Memory Keeper is to her. The flower shop is so run down now that the family isn’t sure they are able to keep it. Han ...more
    Becky Burrier
    The Memory Keeper is a super sweet romance about coming together and realizing the importance of family and dreams. Moments of laughter as they three travel to Tennessee to hope as Hannah’s attempts to save her Grandmother’s flower shop.
    Jenny Hale’s writing style makes you feel as if you are experiencing the story through the characters’ eyes. What is especially appealing is seeing how Hannah grows into the woman she has always dreamed of becoming. The story is captivating and keeps you engage
    Petra Quelch
    Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I am a huge fan of @jhaleauthor books and I couldn’t wait to read her newest one 💕📚😊(out in January 2021) So making sure the dinner is taken care of and kids are entertained, I dived straight into the story-as you would do with all Jenny’s books. Once again, I couldn’t put it down and read it in one sitting. The Memory Keeper is a gorgeous, uplifting and inspiring story that is brimming with romance, unforgettable memories and heart warming moments. I absolutely adored Hannah and her friends Geo ...more
    Toni Laliberte
    Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
    I thought this book was very heartwarming. I really liked the main character, Hannah. She is a very good person and I mean that. Generous, kind, hopeful, brave, ambitious, adventurous and loving. Her relationship with her Gran, is so very sweet. I liked that her relationship with Liam was slow and sweet and that Hannah automatically falls for his son, Noah. Georgia was another great character. She's spunky, funny, creative and hardworking. It was wonderful to see her friendship with Hannah devel ...more
    Emma Jordan
    Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    The Memory Keeper is the first book I've read from Jenny Hale, and not only is it a wonderfully heartfelt small-town romance set in Tennessee, but it has introduced me to a new author.

Right from the first chapter I was intrigued by the circumstance of Hannah - who thought she was flying from New York to Barbados with the man she loves, and instead has to battle bad weather to head to her sick gran's bedside in Franklin, TN. Whilst her man is elsewhere.

I just kept turning the page, eager to see
    Leah
    Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: reviewed
    If you are looking for a sweet, low angst book. The Memory Keeper is for you. This book follows Hannah through her journey of self rediscovery. She made decisions of where she wanted her life to go, and made each and every part of it happen. But when she has to go home because of some family matters that come up. On top of that she finds out her boyfriend has been cheating on her. Through her journey she reconnects with people from her past and finds that maybe those choices she thought had to m ...more
    Alaina
    Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
    If you are in the mood for a feel-good book, Jenny Hale's newest, The Memory Keeper, is the perfect book for you! Reading about Hannah's journey, both physically and emotionally, was the escape I needed right now. I enjoyed getting lost in a happy story for a change! I love that through reading her grandmother's journal, Hannah was able to find what she really wanted in life, and most importantly, could develop a deeper connection with her family.

Favorite quote: “To get to the treasure, sometim
    LaBibliodeCaro
    Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
    The Memory Keeper is a sweet, heartwarming romance about family, friendship and pursuing your dreams. I thought the story was emotional, interesting and moving; the characters endearing, all with relevant stakes. The feel-good narration is true to the author’s writing style. It’s pleasant and easy to read. It offers a lovely moment of escapism.

I was gifted a copy of this book by the publisher for an honest review.
    Jackie
    Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    Another 5 star book by one of my favorite authors was a pure delight! A life changing trip for Hannah turns into a world changing one for her. So beautiful and woven with great characters I loved this story so much it may be my favorite book yet by this amazing author! If you love a story about starting over and all the things that really matter- family, love and acceptance this is a must read book for you! A totally feel good read it really warmed my heart and soul! A must read for 2021!
    Lauralee
    Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
    I’ve been a big fan of Jenny Hale since day one, and each book just keeps getting better! This heartwarming book was exactly the feel-good read I needed right now. I really related to Hannah, the main character, and I think she was my favorite protagonist Jenny has ever created. Overall I highly recommend if you have a free afternoon and want to read something that will put a smile on your face. This is definitely a book I’ll revisit again and again!
    Carter
    Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I was gifted a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This story is the first from Harper Road and it sets the bar high! Set in Franklin, TN, this is a sweet story about family and finding yourself even when the road you’re on takes some unexpected turns. It’s a feel-good story that you won’t want to put down.
    Sheila Penwell
    Feb 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
    Loved this book about Hannah Townsend and her trip back to her hometown in Tennessee. Her Gran is in the hospital and not doing well. See what happens on her trip and when she gets home. Is she as content as she thinks she is in her job in New York and/or do things change when she gets home. A VERY GOOD READ.

• Nantucket Threads (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #6)
    • The Sunset Cottages: A Willa Bay Novel
    • Return to Me (Blue Harbor Book 5)
    • The Parker Women (Moonbeam Bay Book 1)
    • Reunited on Dragonfly Lane (Sweetwater Springs, #7)
    • Small Town Christmas (Blue Harbor Book 4)
    • A Vineyard Lullaby (The Vineyard Sunset Series Book 7)
    • Christmas at the Restaurant (The Nantucket Restaurant series Book 2)
    • Coral Cafe (The Coral Cottage at Summer Beach, #2)
    • Seabreeze Christmas (Summer Beach #4)
    • The Vineyard at Painted Moon
    • A Barefoot Tide
    • A Vineyard Vow  (The Vineyard Sunset #6)
    • The Desert Flowers - Rose (The Desert Sage Inn Series Book 1)
    • Daring Deception (Off The Grid: FBI Series #9)
    • Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy
    • Summer at Hope Haven (Dune Island, #1)
    • Naughty Neighbor
    Jenny Hale is a USA Today, Amazon, and international bestselling author of romantic contemporary fiction. Her books have sold worldwide, have been translated into multiple languages, and adapted for television. Her novels Coming Home for Christmas and Movie Guide Epiphany Award winner Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses are Hallmark Channel original movies.

She was included in Oprah Magazine’s “